JoJo Tabletop

Do we not have Super Stand Sunday anymore?
Well it's time for a JoJo thread.
What experience do you have with using the JoJo setting?
What systems have you used?
Stands/stand users you've used before?
Ideas for stands/stand users you want to use in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/
pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html
dandwiki.com/wiki/Stand_User_Variant_(5e_Class)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Ship_(1980_film).
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_Generation)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Genesys JoJo Alpha build looks promising. Needs to be more fleshed out though.

So far FATE looks like the best match for the game my friends are gonna be running, though none of us have ever used it so we'll see how it goes.

Guess I'll post some of the stands That my friends have been using. My art's not great but you get the idea.

『Juke Box Hero』
Power: C
Speed: B
Range: B
Durability: -
Precision: B
Potential: D

『Juke Box Hero』cannot be affected or influenced by other stands, though it's user still can.

『Number of the Beast』
Speed: C
Range: C
Durability: D
Precision: B
Potential: B

When all four of it's paws are on the ground, 『Number of the Beast』may alter the form of earth within 10 meters, changing it freely between dirt, mud, sand, stone, concrete, and even lava.

『Demon Dayz』
Range: B
Durability: B
Precision: C
Potential: C

『Demon Dayz』can control how flammable things are, changing the flammability of anything it touches.

『Kiss from a Rose』
Power: E/B
Range: A
Durability: A
Precision: A
Potential: C

『Kiss from a Rose』is a seed. If placed into a living creature's body, via orifice or wound, it will drain energy from the creature, growing into vines that the user can control. The faster the creature expends energy, the faster the vines will grow.

What's so great about this show?

It's cool. That's really it. It's not well written, it's not particularly poignant, but things are constantly happening that make you go "That's fucking cool".

Yeah I've got an idea for a stand, it's called Hammer Time. The only thing it does is stop other stands from working so that everyone has to actually fight when they fight.

I thought up one similar to that called [Holy Diver], where it's whole gimmick was that it was a decent punchghost that flat out ignored all time manipulation effects. It didn't have any other powers, but I loved the concept of someone pulling a time stop or a time loop and [Holy Diver] just shrugs and keeps going forward.

Also I mean look at that album cover. That's already a sick stand waiting to happen.

That was pretty much my main idea behind Also, Holy Diver is one of the main stands of part 6

That was [Diver Down]. THE WORLD was a Holy Diver reference though, since it had sort of scuba gear on it.

Oh right.

So far it's looking like only FATE and the Genesys JoJo Alpha are the only viable options for a JoJo campaign.
Are there any others?

Frontier Psychiatrist must tap the stand user's head twice to link itself to the target, from there it can create a copy of whatever the target is thinking about that fight for Frontier Psychiatrist's user. This can include anything, even other Stands
My friend inadvertently made me a villain's stand.

Honestly, I have more fun working with JoJoPires than anything else in the setting. Stands are pretty cool, but being able to bullshit how a power can be derived biologically is a wonderful thought experiment.

Also, I like watching my players react to zombie ducks.

Yeah, I've been having fun with that too for my game. Giving each vampire or pillar man an 'element' to work around (like Kars having Light or Wham having Wind) and then deriving a biological method of expressing something in that theme is super fun. I think my favorite two were "shadow" being advanced chromatophores in the skin allowing camoflauge, and "electricity" being extendible forearm bones and organic capacitors making an artificial railgun that fires coins.

I wish I would have been that clever with my electric vampire. Instead, he just grafted metal onto his arm (via absorbing swords of would-be vampire hunters, since he's ridiculously old) and uses them so he can drain someone's blood while shocking the ever living dog shit out of somebody.

Another vampire in mine also has a camoflauge ability though, and does it completely differently. Instead she basically has this mucus layer on her skin that chemically changes color on her command. [Spoiler]This later evolves into a stand that lets her become whatever material she's touching, once the leader of the vampires is dead and she gains SUCH LUST FOR REVENGE.[/spoiler]

rip me and my ability to spoiler tags, I guess.

I still don’t get what Gold Experience Requiem actually does.

Not OP, but ill explain anyway.
So GER Is essentially the total counter to King Crimson. King Crimsons ability of "Erasing" time really was just him messing with Cause and Effect. King Crimson could essentially skip the cause, yet end up with the same effect, BUT when he does "Erase" the cause, nothing can really affect him such as bullets. Now what happened is that when Gold Experience used the Arrow, it granted the thing that Giorno wanted most; To completely defeat Diavolo forever. So, GER gained the counter to King Crimson: To keep the cause, but erase the effect. The final part of part 5 happens like this: King Crimson tried to use its ability, but GER said no, and killed him. HOWEVER, Giorno activated GER's nope ability on Diavolo dying when he killed him, so now Diavolo CANT DIE, but is always DYING. Araki just made it weird by making it so Diavolo just lives out an infinite amount of scenarios where he dies.

That's because what it says it does, and what it was shown doing, are two different things. Same with King Crimson.

Well, with King Crimson, Araki changed his mind halfway through and decided it would be a different interpretation of his original idea.

『Brother in Arms』
Durability: C
Precision: C
Potential: A
When within the range of another stand user 『Brother in Arms』will begin to replicate the abilities of that user's stand, copying it's powers completely in two minutes. At will, or upon leave the other user's range, it will begin to lose that power at the same rate it gained it, and may not copy another power until it has lost the first.

Surprise surprise.

Thus leading to the biggest missed opportunity in the series with Diavolo not being shown dying in the background occasionally.

Honestly, that would be pretty funny.

We used to set up Jojo tables when something went wrong at our LGS for tabletop nights, like the DM didn't show up, or halt the player were sick or smething.
We cooked up a system where two teams had the same objective, and we rolled the setup, the mission and the decor on a table.
The system was light as fuck : you didn't roll anything unless against the other team. If you try something, it works as long as it's narratively possible (like "i use my pen to pick the lock with my foot while hanging upside down underwater" : okay).

That sounds really fun.

Stand: New Order
Power: Create a circle of red light and set up a unique rule. Break the rule and you instantly catch fire as if you're covered in gasoline.

Stand: Free the Bee
Power: Stand is composed of many bees. When a bee sting, it can inject an emotion.

Stand: Smash it Up
Power: first hit place a target on the victim. Second hit on a target does double damage and add a smaller target. And so on, doubling everytime.

Stand: D12
Power: Stand is made of 12 metallic golf-ball sized spheres, that can arrange themselve, launch to hit, roll, divide, etc. The user is connected to each ball.

Stand Beastie Boys
Power: Stand is three colossus with monkeyish mask. One will take your sight, one your hearing and hte last one your ability to talk, if they hit you. If the three hit you, you also lose your stand.

Stand: Melt Banaa
Power: Melt Banana is a substance your body can create. It can be sticky, oily, can harden or be used as lubricant or glue, at will.

Stand: Tough at the Top
Power: This stand can make anything harder than diamond. Like Spice Girl but not.

Stand: Jo the Waiter
Power: Hold a platter like a waiter, but the platter is a anti-space portal, like Vanilla Ice or The Hand. Jo can also disparear in the platter and use it as a door on anything.

Let's do a quick challenge, I ended up with some fun stands last time I tried this.

First, roll a random power: powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Second, set your means of listening to music to random, shuffle through a few times and pick the first one you come upon.

Now, make a stand somehow incorporating those. For the song you're free to use less immediate things for the name like the band or the album though.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/
I used a system i found online, it was fine but the players had really awkward schedules and we never made it past session 0.
I on the other hand had a good few enemy stands built in the system.
I guess format
>Stand Name
>Pow/Spe/Dur/Pre/Rng/Pot
>Main Ability
>Secondary Abilities

Starting with the players
>Ocean Man
>C/C/C/A/C/C he didn't want to minmax his character
>Is literally made of water, like imagine geb or aqua necklace but the size of stone free, along with full control over whatever body of water it is in (with DM discression)
>No other abilities. He eventually wanted to get to the point where he put OM inside someone and tear them apart with their own bodily fluids, despite his character being a pacifist.

>Space Oddity
>D/C/C/B/D/C
>On contact (or touch attack) it can change the strength of gravity being exerted on an object, ranging from -1g to 4g (g being the force of gravity) With a range limitation and a single target limitation.
>No other abilities

>Sandwich
>D/D/A/E/A/B
>Can turn an object into a food substance with *similar* properties on contact. Range limitation included.
>Can also purify and poison food substances.

>Somebody that I used to Know [ACT 1]
>None/D/None/B/E/A
>It can not touch or be touched by creatures or stands. When the user touches another creature, the stand is planted onto them. The user can speak, hear and see through the stand, and the stand is visible to its host.
>ACT 2
>C/B/E/D/C/C
>As an attack, ACT 2 removes the memory of an object or person from the target. For the next minute*, the creature can not percieve that memory in any way. The creature will forget every interaction with the memory. The creature regains the memory if they see the object/person removed after the initial effect ends.
There was an ACT 3, but i never got around to designing it since its a progression thing.

Wait fuck that, I found the actual Stand Generator. Let's roll up some cool ones.

pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Heroquest might be also a decent pick.
It's very narrative without being necessarily a narrative driven game.
You throw things like common attributes (str, cha, int, etc) right out of the window together with premade skills.
Your sheet is there to write down your characters abilities, which is basically anything he can Solve a problem with.
Karate is an ability
Good looks is an ability
45. Colt is an ability
Nana's pension founds can be an ability, you monster.
And yes, posing can be an ability.

The system assumes that some form of magic is inherent to the characters and can be easily ignored if you want to play stand-less people or used to define your stand.

People who know more about fate than me could compare both, but I would use Heroquest for it.

Really fun, also stands are my favorite kind of superpower

Also this series inspired HxH and Persona

This looks nice, let me try:

Viva Las Vegas

Power - A
Speed - E
Range - B
Durability - A
Precision - E
Potential - A

Description: The power to induce acts of fraud and deceit. Variation of Truth Manipulation and Vice Inducement. The user of this power can induce lying and deceit in the eyes of others with acts of fraud. The user who pretends to be someone else and deceives others can even cause others to lie, cheat and deceive as well which acts like a disease that spreads.

I've never really understood the appeal of playing a JJBA game.
The stands get really wacky and abstract, and everyone wants to be the OP time master.

Doctor Greenthumb - The user is able to grow plants on whatever they're touching, and able to SHAPE the plant as it grows.
This allows them to act as a healer of sorts - using different plants to mend wounds and treat illnesses but the power goes beyond that. They're able to replace things with plant replicas, anything from a heart to a engine motor.

The user is 'dying' however, slowly dissipating into freshwater. Cultivating an algae in their body they've gained additional protection from the sun and a protective 'shell' from damage.

Is that.. not the appeal? Having weird power(s) and trying to work them in as best as you can to solve your problems?
I mean if someone wants to take Time Stop they have to make amends. Shit stand range, hard autism, vampirism, there's many ways to balance things out.

No caps, also you can just press ctrl+s

>cntrl+s
I could have just done that, this entire time?

god damn it

It's bizzare

Jokes aside, it's just so stylish, fun and creative. Some of the earlier stuff may seem trite nowadays, but you have to realize it did a lot of shit first, and even then it holds up remarkably well today

It's also just plain cool at times (even if one of the main cast is wearing a swiss cheese jacket or has green toothpaste for hair)

Also I personally think the fanbase is great

On another note, has anyone tried to play a JJBA game in GURPS? How did that go?

Why is King Crimson so angry?

The fanbase was great until it wore out the fucking memes
Maybe it's gotten better again since then, though
I liked Part 4, including the anime, but I think the hype from it fucked up the fandom for a while

『Time of your life』
When activated, whatever Thomas Hawke looks at goes through time at an accelerated rate. The target doesn't usually notice, but their watch will move faster, their cell battery will run out, and they'll feel like they've been up for two days after about 10 minutes.

He used time bombs with tiny cameras on them to detonate them at will while confusing his opponents. He's also prone to making truces to trick them into getting tired.

『Three Doors Down』
Paula Rito is a proud magician with an inferiority complex. Her stand is terrible and she's obsessed with proving the world it's really good. She can make three curtains appear around her target, they can't damage or go through them. To leave, they have to guess which curtain 『Three Doors Down』 is currently hiding behind. If they pick wrong, they get shot. Thing is, nothing stops the target from digging under the curtains, or to jump over them.

To make it useful, she employs a full team from her magic show to install dozens of extra curtains that are identical to her Stand curtains, with the exception of being mundane and easy to damage. She then hides in a small room under the target and hope they don't figure out most of the curtains are just for show.

『Teen Spirit』
Justin Bogos is a narcissistic man who works really hard on being friendly and beautiful. His stand power forces his target to be friendly towards him, so long as he's friendly with them at least once a minute. During that time, he can't be mean to the target without ending the effect.

He uses promoters and fans that speak in his name to prolong the effect if he is otherwise occupied.

『Blink 182』
Al Zimer is an assassin who works with a tightly knit group of mundane soldiers. His stand can make his targets forget that he and his soldiers exist whenever they lose sight of them, including when they blink. The target still remember the general situation. "I was being attacked by two persons.", but will mistake these same two persons for two new persons when they blink. Thus, Al and ten soldiers will seem like a hundred soldiers to most people.

『Pearl Jam』
Amy Tatter is a guerrilla fighter and an extremely talented makeup artist. Her stand ability allows her to cut all sounds and communications within 10 meters of her, which stops stand users from calling their stands out. Also, she can affect communications in a five kilometers radius around her. These limits, force communications to stay in the same room. If a cellphone, or scream, etc, has to go through a wall, window, curtain, or anything else to reach its target, it won't work. Large openings, like doors and walls, join room together as long as they're open.

『Man or Machine』
??? can grant the physical properties of things he touches to other things he touches. He mostly uses it to turn his loyal soldiers into a giant mech with tons of weapons. His range is limited to 20 meters, and the effect grows weaker the further it goes from him. In the setting, Stand abilities can absolutely tear through non Stand defenses, so he's a beast on the battlefield.

『Fortunate Son』
??? can heal anything really fast as long as they're standing in water. The water is consumed in the process, with full on resurrections draining a lot of water.

Nobody understands him.

Those are antagonists from the game I run. I'm also playing a stand user in one of my player's campaign.

『Red Sun』
A guard made of fire wields a rapier and a crossbow. It can increase the heat of things within 10 meters up to 2000 Degree Celsius, which is enough to melt rock and sand.

『Red Sun Glorious Rays』
An armor made of silver and gold protects Warren. It can control the temperature of copper, silver, gold and platinum within 30 meters. The armor melts and reforms rapidly when damaged. It shoots molten metal within 5 meters, and can shoot needles and darts from any visible source of copper, silver, gold and platinum within 30 meter.

『Red Sun Over Paradise』
A translucent eye floats up to 300 meters above Warren. The eye can shoot a laser at anything it sees, with great, but not perfect accuracy. The eye can turn into up to ten smalls eyes, which can spread no further than ten meters apart. Each eye can shoot smaller less damaging lasers. When the eye is shooting, it becomes a visible flaming eye and opens up for a split second. During that split second, the sky turns red for any Stand user that can be seen by the eye. During this time, Warren has no stand to defend himself.

Neat, here's the first one I generated

『Antichrist Superstar』

Power - E

Speed - A

Range - C

Durability - C

Precision - B

Potential - C

Description: The power to hypnotize targets over long distances. Sub-power of Hypnosis. Not to be confused with Remote Mind Control. User can use hypnosis over vast distances, potentially on global or even cosmic scale.

The power seems like it fits.

Just use Mutants and Masterminds

I'm a former frequenter of Super Stand Sunday, and there's a homebrew I'm working on.
But the document is in a shambles, so I can't share it yet.

Just use D&D, it works just fine

...How? Seriously, how do you retrofit D&D to work with stand users and hamon and shit? You'd have to homebrew it like crazy in order to get it to function and even then it'd be clunky as hell.

dandwiki.com/wiki/Stand_User_Variant_(5e_Class)

Also this pdf

Superpowers that do not change over time, so you solve new problems by thinking new applications.

I thought the scuba gear was a reference to Dio’s obsession with and fear of water.
You know, like the shipwreck model, or the fact that after returning to land he moved the middle of a sandy desert country and sent his water-based lieutenants as far away as he could make them go (Dark Blue Moon is the second truly villainous stand encountered, Geb is the first of the Egyptian god stands encountered st the very edge of the Red Sea) and his whole power being analogous to training yourself to hold your breath underwater.

Yeah, I always liked how layered part 3 was like that. Each of the villain stands sans The World being both a tarot card, some form of music, and an oblique reference to a classical horror movie.

Hold on you have to explain this to me. Give me, say, Strength.

Strength is based on a combination of the real life ship the Mary Celeste, which was found adrift and empty in the Atlantic Ocean in 1872, and this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Ship_(1980_film). A lot of the interior machinery shots for Strength are almost 1 for 1 with the ones from Death Ship.

What's the music reference?

In this particular case since it's a Tarot stand it doesn't have one but it's user does, in this case the orangutan Forever, named after the Wu Tang Forever album. With most of the part 3 stands the reference to music is their user, since they have the tarot thing going on.

Stand Name: Sextant

Stand Ability: [Halo Generation](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_Generation)

Power - C

Speed - E

Range - A

Durability - E

Precision - E

Potential - A

Description: The ability to manifest a halo of light or archaic design. Sub-power of Angel Physiology and Light Generation. User can create single or more halos, a ring, wheel or glow usually formed of light, but fire is also common, around themselves, usually above the head. It usually represents a divine level of power, reaching a level of transcendence beyond their physical form to gain a connection with the ethereal world.

It really seems like a nich stand, for combat besides obliterating vampirers and petrifying piller men its most useful application that I can think of is throwing out giant halos to blind your opponent like a ranged 'solar flair'.
And outside of combat you could use it to trick the religous into thinks your a messiah.

So it seems like an indispensablie stand for a vampirer or piller men heavy campaign, but hardly useful against nirmal stand users.

I never noticed this until now.

Stand Name:『NOWHERE MAN』
Power: D
Speed: D
Durability: C
Precision: E
Potential: A

Ability: Power Vessel {The user is able to entrust their power to others, giving the vessel the power. The power is no longer within the user[...]}

Whenever the current user of Nowhere Man dies, its ability will automatically activate, binding it to the nearest non-Stand User. Unfortunately, this can create a chain reaction where multiple people are not strong enough of spirit to survive gaining a Stand, leading to their untimely deaths.