How would your PC/party react to meeting a god?

Bonus points for:
Non religious PCs
Gods that screwed over the party
Gods that helped the party
“Edgy” PCs

here you are

Depends on the god.
If current PC met Dionysus he would take the opportunity to thank him for bestowing his gifts onto the world, then ask him how to make the perfect white russian

Does a local spirit count as a god?

If not, what is the threshold of power necessary to be considered a god?

Ask why.

Due to the ending of previous campaign the gods retreated from the world, taking magic with them etc.
~20 years later magic came back, along with a host of nasties that hadn't been seen since.
My current players wife got indoctrinated into a cult against magic and abandoned him, so he's a little bitter and feels like they're just being dicks. He's not the type to rant and rave at them about it, though, so he'd just ask why, probably asking if it was worth it, too.

>So are you gonna help me arrest these assholes or what? No? Then stop getting in my way, please.

>Non religious PCs
Consider asking how their 'powers' work and if they're willing to share their alien technology (not divine magic, come on, it's Aliens and Astronauts, not Demons and Angels)

>Gods that screwed over the party
I cast Fist.
>Gods that helped the party
I thank them for helping us in the most social acceptable way.
Then I roll to Seduce.
>“Edgy” PCs
I also cast Fist, then mutter half-baked Nihilist quotations and wear leather menacingly in the direction of the useless, or you-let-the-world-get-like-this gods.

>that one PC that thinks he can take on anything, even gods, and then whines when he gets btfo and dies.

It depends completely on the setting, my character's personality, and the god they're meeting. In the current setting I'm playing the gods are a very distant presence, at least for the moment, and my character is a lazy rogue who just wants to live an easy life. So I imagine that meeting a benevolent god my character would simply go, "Hey man, I'm a fan of your work. Thanks and keep it up," whereas to a punk ass god he'd make a snide or sarcastic remark but nothing too insulting. Either way getting too involved with any god is too much of a hassle for my character. Better to just let them do their thing.

If it has stats we can kill it.

A character I’m playing literally leaves the room every time any celestial power shows up. He’s fully devout, but always totally let down by the fact that the gods are usually total dicks, so now he just avoids them. Never works, though

Paranoid and initially resentful but smart enough not to antagonize the god. If the god turns out to be a decent person he would probably grow to respect and like the god

My current party is a call of Cathullu group, so if they meet a God they go insane and die.

Typically affable, depending on what he knows about the god and how their individual goals align with his. He'd be pretty likely to treat them as peers or minor nobility rather than figures of worship since he's already friends with one deity, in a working relationship with another, and has slain a minor one.

He worships a Big G type creator god so the most any minor deity could do is kill him, and he's not particularly scared of that.

Most of them answer directly or one-degree-indirectly to divinities, so they wouldn't have as much problem with it. One or two of them might mouth off assuming they'd have some sort of protection, but I don't think many of them would be stupid enough to try.

By the decree of our Lord Big E, we will vanquish your horror. Forward for the Emperor!

All but one of my players likely wouldn't do anything. The one guy would probably do something stupid, like offering pocket lint as a gift or asking for a really nice jacket.

Hey, you are a god? That's cool, I want to be a god too!

You tell 'em, Eric. It's all DMs fault that you're in this mess. Down with the false midget god.

My epic level party watched one god get exploded by Bahamut, stabbed another one to death, and accidentally lobotomized a third (our cleric's patron)

They're not invited to many parties.

That's funny, because my OWoD (Mage20) party just did a few sessions ago.

Specifically, they met an ancient dragon in her own pocket dimension, one which was once venerated as the god of a mountain in what's now western Mongolia.

Despite the power difference not being that large (they ARE mages, after all), they were rather careful and suitably diplomatic. The fact that the dragon god held someone they wanted out of the pocket dimension alive and if possible in one piece surely helped.

once my party met thore
this chick in the party fucked him in exchange for worshiping him

>that one PC that says he can take on anything, nobody believes him, but then he actually goes up against crazy odds and wins

>The Anima party.
Let's work through the list.
>Mikael, Goddess of Hope
Apathy from the Mentalist, hugs from the Warrior Summoner, cordial greetings from the Warlock.
>Zemial, God of Batshit Insanity
Collective "What the fuck are you doing out?!" followed by concerted effort with the rest of the gods to get him back in his cage.
>Uriel, God of Freedom possibly a.k.a. Eriol, Goddess of Chaos and Luck
Cordial greetings from WarSum and Warlock, praise/worship from Mentalist
>Jedah, the Puppet Master, God of Keikaku
Distantly polite greetings from WarSum and Mentalist, Warlock challenges him to a game of Quintuple Dimension Paradox Chess, probably loses.
>Gabriel, Goddess of Love, Feelings, and More Love
Entire party hugged warmly, WarSum refers to Gabriel as "mother-in-law", updates her on antics of half-C'iel Dragon "granddaughters"
>Noah, God of Warriors, Veeky Forumsness, and GIT GUD
Polite greetings, followed most probably by becoming embroiled in a lifting/drinking competition.
>Rafael, Goddess of Nature
Staredown with Warlock over his use of chimeras, polite greeting with Mentalist. Asked AGAIN by WarSum why she gifted her a bloodthirsty Dire Ghost Stoat for a Totem Animal, and if anything can be done to curb it's killing sprees.
>Erebus, God of Magic and Fear
Polite greeting from Mentalist, hard stares from WarSum, Warlock shares notes on latest arcane experiments, updates Erebus on half-Gaira dragon "granddaughters"
>Azrael, Goddess of Indiscriminate Justice
Mentalist and Warlock hide, WarSum greets warmly.
>Abbadon, God of Evil
Collective attempt to piss in his divine Cheerios, because nobody likes that asshole.
>Barakiel, Goddess of Art and Perfection
Nitpicks entire party for screwing up their greeting of her.
>Edamiel, Goddess of Sex So Good It Causes Nihilism.
See Zemial
>Meseguis, Goddess of Revenge and Grief
Avoided, too depressing to be near.

>C'iel and Gaira, Overgoddess of Light, Overgod of Darkness, respectively.
Collective Shitbricks.