Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2064: Waifustorm Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56255503/#56257114
youtube.com/watch?v=muvdYM3Pa_Q&t=41s
youtu.be/K6RUg-NkjY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you guys think about the meme brought to life?

I promised a little writing, so here it is. 23ish pages, 28 including pictures at the end.
Do you guys want some spam to go with the PDF, or just the PDF? I never know if it's better to post some spam to drum up interest or not.

=

I like to think I’m a hero. Using my magic, my skills with weapons, and an incredible amount of sheer perseverance to push my way forwards to a solution to any problem. But I tend to only be a hero in big, flashy ways. Save a country, save a town, save an entire world. The rest of the time I’m content to be lazy and protect my strange little… well, I guess it’s technically a harem now.

My point is that for all my powers and collected wealth, I don’t tend to do a lot to help the lives of people get better except on an individual basis. And even then I usually have to have them shoved in my face. I could be out applying my technology to the common problems people have. Helping feed the world, solving energy crisis, homelessness, things like that. But instead I sing and play hero when it suits me.

I’m not a hero. But, just recently, I met a lot of people who were.

I’d better start at the beginning.

=

Jump 018: Zootopia

Drawbacks: 70% Less Fur (Dropping Feral to Furry), Narrative Change (Pack Street Included)

Race: African Wild Dog
Background: Drop-In

Perks: Cheese & Crackers, Disney Magic, Night Howler Immunity, All About the Bengals, Baby!
Items: Guide Book, iCarrot Music Player, Doughnuts

Companion Imports
+ Katia - Snow Leopard - ZPD - Boot Camp, Stop! ZPD!, Heart and Pride, Recording Pen
+ Bea - Crocodile - ZPD - Boot Camp, Stop! ZPD!, Heart and Pride, DVD Collection
+ Peridot - Golden Jackal - Support Staff - U.A. Lackey, Green Energy, Night Howler Immunity
+ Hrist - Rhino - ZPD - Boot Camp, Stop! ZPD!, Heart and Pride, Fox Taser
+ Marceline - Flying Fox - Shyster - Slick, AAtB,B!, Cuter than I thought you'd be!, Pawpsicles, Tricked Out Speedster

Gohanfags BTFO.

I’m looking to get complete poison immunity at first jump. So I can waifu Hassan of Serenity.

Ribbon Bearer from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, maybe?

Generic Universal Monsters

>not Donald Trump/Jeb Bush slashfics

It's like you don't even want to enjoy high class cliterature.

I think that if we all lend Toriyama-san our energy, he just might make El Hermano and Perfeccione real too.

and yes, Gohanfags would be btfo if there were any sincere ones

...pictures? That's gotta be a first, except for that one user who graphic designs his entire builds. That boy's got real tal-

>sees pics

Wow, I didn't know what to expect. But I didn't expect THAT much furry.

...man, sometimes I really wonder how many people went into watch Zootopia, saw a straightforward Disney flick about trying your best and whatnot, and didn't think further about it like me. It feels like I missed something that touched a lot of people.

I bet Marcy confused the shit out of everyone during the ongoing predator-prey segregation trend.

Could always go robot. GUNNM or FLCL. Can't get poisoned if you ain't got any fleshy bits to poison.

>Looks at a Zootopia write up
>Somehow expects not furry
How about you not be a dick about his choice in artwork and read someone else's stuff for a change? Yoro writes comfy shit.

ASA, you're allegedly a fan of the culinary arts and all things related, yet strangely, I don't recall seeing you at the roast. Care to try it? The instructions are included below:

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56255503/#56257114

>That Bellwether scene.
I think that's the smoothest disarming of her entire plot I've seen anyone pull off.

Meh. I've read fanfiction that's better than this.

...Do you read a lot of Zootopia fanfiction?

No. I read what gets posted here.

In what ways is it lacking? I'm always looking to try and improve.

>but I've also found myself more than a bit frustrated in the past at how vague or open ended a few perks you've made have been. I think Young Justice was the worst of that
>vague or open-ended
You know, I'm curious what she meant by this. Most of them seem fairly defined, except for Drain No and the Genius perk, but those are bound to be open-ended by their very nature.

I wonder how many jumps would be better if their makers tried reading their work out loud.

Rate my Shadow of the Colossus gauntlet build.

Drawbacks: Raise thy Sword by the Light [x16] (+800),
The Unused [X8] (+400),
the Original Forty-Eight (+600),
Nomad Colossi (+100), Ruined Forever (+100),
Mirror World (+200), Hard Mode (+200), Cute-lossi (+200),
The 79 Steps to Enlightenment (+300), The Seventeenth Colossus (+300),
Colossus of the Colossus (+600)

Total: 3800 CP

Perks: Skilled Warrior (100), Fan Name (50)
Trick Rider (100), It Doesn't Matter (200),
Aerial Dance (150),
Shaman (300), Intrepid Mortal (600),

Items: A Sack of Rations, A Set of Clothes, A Map, A Bow, An Ancient Sword (All Free),
Ancient Bow (50), Whistling Arrow (50)
Fruit Tree Map (100),
Harpoon of Thunder (200),
Sword of Dormin (500),
Flash Arrow (600)

Companion: Trico-Beast (800)

Rewards: The Horned Boy, The Bearer of the Curse, The Forbidden Lands

I was going to add Time Attack,
but I couldn't afford Guise of the Colossi so I took it out.

I wonder how many posts would be better if anons started reading their text out loud.

Probably the same answer, though.

Well? Valeria? Do you have any actual examples, or were you just saying it so it seemed like you had something to say.

Many of them?

> You may store the living here, intelligent or otherwise, while not in your Warehouse.
Nice to see we're finally getting rid of that dumb ass restriction.

Ghostbusters and PS238 especially.

...Bancho actually uses dictation software. He's probably one of the few exceptions.

When I see someone type "OAA", I always say "oh-a" in my mind. Is this correct?

Of course not. She knows a few tricks to seem not-retarded, but when actually pressed on it, that shit falls apart faster than a wet rice-paper castle.

I'm not judging. I honestly don't know what to expect in any given Zootopia build, because like I said I simply don't get the fandom sometimes. I did in fact read and enjoy it, the pics at the end just made me go "whoa" internally.

The roast's too salty for my taste. True flavor comes from the heart.

I guess? It's just an abbreviation for One Armed user after all, so it's like in the alphabet.

Ah, so you'd rather not expand your horizons, try new things? I suppose it is an acquired taste, after all.

>Thread quoted is her talking about how she'd only answer this stuff is the actual person asked
Why do you think she's going to answer you, especially when you're obviously baiting?

She's already told the person and everyone else her opinion, this is just a request for evidence so they're not just obvious hot air. Substantiate her opinions, not give them.

Why should anyone care what some random guy thinks? Why should she care whether you think her opinions are fact or not?

I am like crack addict going through withdrawal waiting for the DBZ Super/Xeno jumps.

pls

Good news for you, I'm basically doing nothing but working on them now. I'll try to post some teasers once I start fluffing stuff to help you pass the time. Well, Super is first but Xeno too after Super.

It's a request, user. Not a demand. Young Justice is a short jump, and none of the perks seem any more vague or open-ended than stuff she's included in her own jumps. Just wanna know if there's anything specific that she feels that way in the YJ jump, and how they vary from stuff she's done.

Would you filter Anonymous?

CAN you filter Anonymous?

No, because it detracts from when I shitpost without my trip on.

Yay. Can't wait for jumps.

I see what you're getting at. No, no matter how hard you press I will NOT try egg drop soup. I will not try it, Floop-I-Droop. Wow, that's way harder to make into a Seuss rhyme than I thought

Nah, but in all seriousness I've known Val long enough to not need to ask the question.

Not him but-and I think it's a flaw in my own writing style too somewhat just because of the first person stream of consciousness stuff I find convenient to write in-but one thing that stands out is that structurally it's a little jarring how the story jumps from crisis to character life or personal drama. Like I said, I'm wholly on the level for the genre so I could be wrong and I'm not saying every crisis has to be your character's top priority, but as a narrative structure it seems a bit discordant to have the Benefactor's(?) revelation first, then Bellwether and the fallout, then your car accident. and all the new friends you made. And that's not to say that can't be a good thing if the idea was to emphasise "friends>crisis", but in execution it just seems to take the wind out of the plot early on.

If it sounds like a very generalised criticism, it's because the rest of the story is definitely above average. Dialogue feels natural, conflict hits hard, cute moments are cute. The elements and your writing style fit your story to a T, and it's only the progress of how things were resolved that stands out as something you could reconsider in other writing stuff.

Great to hear! Also, the DBS sequel series updated again.

youtube.com/watch?v=muvdYM3Pa_Q&t=41s

I can't believe X is actually a series now.

We've talked about jumpers, but what are the different categories of jumpmaker?

>The Hipster - desperately wants to be unique, often putting in arbitrary or artificially complex design features instead of the effort to make a memorable jump
>The Visionary - like The Hipster, but their ideas are actually well-thought out
>The Namefag - enjoys the fame of having a name, but rarely produces any content
>The Conservative - believes in the old ways, generally standard jumps with decent fluff and variety
>That Jumpmaker - obviously makes jumps for something specific in the setting, not even willing to put in the effort to bring the rest of the jump up to par

So that would make DDanon a mix of the Hipster and Namefag? Also I would nominate Bancho and Mommy for their own category:

>The Outcast: Their jumpmaking style is full of incomprehensible decisions, or compounded by deeprooted psychological problems the likes of which sane men cannot fathom

What are your thoughts on Ultra Instinct Mastered? I personally find it just disappointing. Like did we really need it?

We didn't. Someone else did.

Some much for a thread without "this shit".

I just find it's pointlessly confusing. Ultra Instinct was already weird given how Goku's version at first was a potential releaser/kaioken like state despite Whis' supposed complete version just being a sort of...basically the Food Honour from Toriko but even more controlled, not a transformation. Now it's pure transformation and still not like what Whis has despite being mastered?

I guess it's nice to have another transformation but it's just a little disappointing it went this way rather than letting Goku do the old sensei style shit like Whis. Anyway, also a bit let down since this new form would already be covered by 2 perks I'd already written down, was hoping for a bit more.

Are you looking forward to the Generic First Jump Jump?

I'm genuinely left speechless by not only how desperately power wanking they are but also how dedicated they seem to be to entirely homogenising their chains. First it was all those survival guides they browbeat people into following, then those jump builds and now a specific 'first jump'.

Just bamboozles me.

Wait is this actually a thing? I hope this isn't a thing. I am all for Generic's as a concept but that sounds idiotic

I've read some pretty good fanfiction.

Y'know, having recently looked over the jump to redo my build, I can't help but liken it to that "Monkey See" perk, y'know, like with Dan Hibiki?

It's like he saw what Whis was doing, tried to emulate it, and then fucked up so hard that it became its own separate technique that he then got super good at.
It's ALMOST impressive! Almost.

The newest upcoming release by Ursine. The guy who did the Generic Super Academy jump, otherwise known as "Conceptual Powers and Skills School".

Yeah, that's pretty similar to what the perk based on Goku's thing is going to be. Taking techniques like special attacks or fighting moves and turning them into transformations and power boost states.

1. I got bashed for not being wordy enough or too wordy until recently.
2. Part of that was me not knowing what I was doing.
3. I only used my name last thread so an user who asked me to could keep track of me.

I'm fixing the text of Dragon's right now. I'm particularly sanguine so things are getting done. We'll see how long it takes. I doubt a week if I can remain focused. What I do from there will depend. Second Life is ahead in the poll so maybe that. Dragon's is just what clicks right now.

By admission you don't care about getting your work on the drive and are doing this because you fancy yourself some kind of rebel with a cause, though. That's your main Hipster qualifications, althoughh you having no idea what you're doing in general would explain a lot.

>2. Part of that was me not knowing what I was doing.
And you still dont considering got through

Just leave already

What skill rank would you need to get all the Primordial Rune's in Fate?

If you become a god then you get everything right out of the gate and the most stupid and least knowledgeable Outer God is still nigh-omniscient.

I'm betting that if you become an Outer God, any Outer God, you will instantly know everything about your chain - past, present, future and all the possible alternate paths and possibilities therein - the moment the jump starts.

Primordial Runes? No clue. Far as I know Scathach's skill for that is still unranked right? I guess EX if it's all of them and it is Scathach so she's already got unbelievably broken skills anyway.

I doubt it. Unless you're doing a variant chain, your transitions between jumps are the result of the actions of a being far more powerful and incomprehensible than you are. Unless Jump-chan/the Benefactor/whatever lets you, you're not going to be able to see their future. That's going to add all sorts of chaos to the process.

Can someone post the Soon I Will Be Invincible jump? I can't find it on the drive.

That, and it's funny. I however explicitly dislike have a name. I don't really fit into any of those.
>althoughh you having no idea what you're doing in general would explain a lot.
Less so now, yeah.
We can fight about how the whole companion set up has been objectively broken from the start and how you all act pissy around discussing it rather than addressing it, as with most things, but I doubt you'll be so inclined in good faith.

To be honest, I didn't see that post. My eyes are only keyed to my name and few choice other things. I'm not particularly reading the thread. Like I said, busy. Though ambiance is incredibly, incredibly important for Shadow of the Colossus and by extention the piece of that world which is The Forbidden Lands reward. The animals being there is paramount. I will not accept judgement on that. It is necessary.
>Just leave already
You'll get that this doesn't work one day, kid.

So how much of a boost is being a Grand parameter wise? For example is a E-Rank Grand Parameter equal to a C-Rank Parameter or something else entirely?

I'm not Valeria (obviously), but I've spoken in the past about how I'm not all that happy about the Young Justice Jump- to the point that I've said it's among my worst works in the past. For the most part, I agree with her assessment.

I've just gone through and made a short list of the perks that felt 'vague and open ended' to me:

-Manipulative
-Knows His Own Strength
-Practice Makes Perfect
-Advanced Magic

Furthermore, a lot of the powers are missing important details (and are written in a really repetitive, boring way) such as range, strength, how fast they work, etc

There're probably more, but I'm going to try and go back to sleep and I'm not the best judge of my own work at the best of times, less so when I'm half awake. Valeria can probably point out more, if she wants.

Okay so the new SotC jump includes an infinite companion exploit. People are fine barring it from the drive till it gets removed right?

Latest version.
Not sure if it's ready for the drive.

The stats...kinda just go up a couple orders of magnitude. Like EX rank strength normally is x500 human peak but for a Grand you're more looking at cracking entire continental plates and wiping out all life on them with your punches or having enough mana to power global effecting spells or magical abilities or crazy shit like that.

>Okay so the new SotC jump includes an infinite companion exploit.
What now? Talking about having a place to store people? I mean, first off, the whole thing is dumb as fuck. If you use companions you're a twat. Just learn to summon, you plebs. Secondly, default rules assume eight regardless. Aside that it won't be on the drive in the first place. I don't care if gets there. You have a very gross view of how this works.

>Ambience is important so I need to have fully sapient intelligent beings allowed to be stored here
Yeah, no.

Also if Ambience is your concern your jump does a fucking poor job of conveying tone and ambience.

This version without formatting error on page 1.

You're not getting your shitty jump on the drive with an infinite pod exploit. End of story.

I'm good with that. He needs to learn some respect anyway and that trying to change rules he doesn't like by force isn't on.

It's not a very good jump but something that egregious definitely needs looking at. I don't think DDanon is the type that will respond to feedback or polite discussion based on his current comments so force is probably the only way to do it.

>Yeah, no.
Yes, no.
>Also if Ambience is your concern your jump does a fucking poor job of conveying tone and ambience.
Hit me again, Daddy.
Let me teach you a thing or two, kid. Words from an expert, so to speak. If you're going to raise a point to molest you need to make sure other offenders don't exist. I have to rate this attempt a 2/10. It's very poor, honestly. Run along. Come back whenever you want to try again.
youtu.be/K6RUg-NkjY4

Just go ask Brutus to keep it off for now. This prick isn't listening to the thread and that's long been a case for refusing it entry to the drive.

Hmm... God Hand has 3 effects, resurrection 12 times, attack nullification of attacks below A-Rank, and nullification of attacks that killed the user previously. That is a B-Ranked Noble Phantasm.

If you nixed the first and third effects and just kept attack nullification. Then made it Grand and A++ rank what could it accomplish?

God Hand is a fucking shit show is what. Most ridiculously unbalanced thing in the series I swear.

Anyway, I honestly don't know. Clearly you're at least nullifying attacks of the same rank on the Grand Scale, if not higher, but I honestly don't think you can go above EX on the scale for these things. And EX isn't just anything above A rank like some think either. It's kinda like just....already maxing out that effect.

>God Hand is a fucking shit show is what. Most ridiculously unbalanced thing in the series I swear.
To be fair Herakles is a naturally op character. Achillies even has a Noble Phantasm that if you don't have Divinity C-Rank or higher you can just go fuck yourself

Fucking Greeks man. They're just cheaters.

Nice perk. Will we be able to teach others that transformations ? It would be hilarious if in Xianxia jumper would create sect that would have only transformations and power boosts techniques.

Mmm. Not sure. I'll make a note so I remember to think about it though. It'll depend on what tier the perk ends up priced in.

Outer Gods are not omniscient, except maybe Yog and Nyarly due to their domains. The others may as well be as dumb as Azathoth, since all they do is dance in his court.

>If you use companions you're a twat
>Just learn to summon, you plebs

>Okay so the new SotC jump includes an infinite companion exploit
I'm reading it and I don't see any of that. What perk does that?

Can I in Freaks as Yog- jumper decline omniscience as part of power set?
Just realty warping, bs time -spice power and magical talent.

You can store intelligent beings in the land you bring along and they come along with you between jumps. Because ambience. You know, what with SotC having all those villages and cities of people in it.

Mugen didn't seemed to be effectively omniscient, so maybe just go as a fragment?

If you're making yourself into Yog Sothoth, no. Because that's part of becoming him.

That said, you're not necessarily omniscient, at the very least in regards to similarly powerful/strange or stronger/stranger beings than yourself.

Oh, that sounds fun, I like titles. Which one am I? The conservative?

Thanks.

But that doesn't makes them companions, just like you can store beings in your Briah between jumps.

I feel like the Norse and Irish are actually powerleveled above all the Greeks not named Heracles. Brynhildr's statline is bullshit, if the first F/GO anime is considered canon then Caster Cu can deal with alter versions of the F/SN crew with magecraft supported by an A rank NP-and both reference Odin, who's also known to have led the Wild Hunt like Drake and tiddy Arturia.

The thing is, they're much more out of focus in GO and Prototype. So they don't get as many Nasu handjobs as Herc and Medea.

I haven't seen your DS1 jump's setup where lower tier perks give side benefits to capstones elsewhere. I'd peg you as a Visionary, except not desperate at all and more low key compared to the likes of Mir.

Is just shitty meme anyway

You're the best boy.

Ehh Medea isn't to bad. Also those alters were weaker than normal.

Don't Val's properties work like that?

Since when?

I'm fairly sure none of the property items I've offered can do that. They retain changes and store stuff but not allow you to bring people along.

No you don't understand: According Dr. "King of Magic" Roman, Medea is one of the top 5 witches. Ever. You're right in that she doesn't get as many WOWZA moments as anyone else in the series, but what she does do (make an infinite pancake out of a beaten Pillar Demon, create a pocket world populated by sentient dolls, preparing to utilise the Ark of the Covenant to destroy the world-albeit under Solomon's control) blows anything F/SN Medea ever did. Yes, I am counting "was about to hijack the Grail War" because frankly Grail Wars are chump change compared to Singularities.

Also I'm doubtful how much weaker they were. I know Seiba Alter at least ate a blast from Mashu reflecting her own beam, but since Cu was about to run out of mana at that point it all evens out in my eyes.

Oh, thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. It might be, but it hits me where I'm weak. I enjoy titles in games and stuff, they're like an achievement you can wear.

Well you didn't call me a chair or a trap, so you get brownie points too.