/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Bad Day At Larnaca Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/gdvadj7t6l5w6/Aero_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mediafire.com/folder/j962ws6h50bqj/Victory_Games
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!D1dHQZCJ!V9pYq0CUc4iCrNiOcBOBtg
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
bigredbat.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/a-few-shots-of-partizan.html
discord.gg/Z6N47p6
mega.nz/#F!2pcy1IwJ!ZYuIfvAk631h86Roviuz_g
youtube.com/watch?v=955J3s0WpDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>GMT
mega.nz/#F!D1dHQZCJ!V9pYq0CUc4iCrNiOcBOBtg
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Wargaming Magazines
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead
The Face Of Battle
General d'Armee (TFL version)
Swordpoint

19th February in military history:

197 – Emperor Septimius Severus defeats usurper Clodius Albinus in the Battle of Lugdunum, the bloodiest battle between Roman armies.
1649 – The Second Battle of Guararapes takes place, effectively ending Dutch colonization efforts in Brazil.
1674 – England and the Netherlands sign the Treaty of Westminster, ending the Third Anglo-Dutch War. A provision of the agreement transfers the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam to England, and it is renamed New York.
1915 – World War I: The first naval attack on the Dardanelles begins when a strong Anglo-French task force bombards Ottoman artillery along the coast of Gallipoli.
1942 – World War II: Nearly 250 Japanese warplanes attack the northern Australian city of Darwin killing 243 people.
1943 – World War II: Battle of Kasserine Pass in Tunisia begins.
1945 – World War II: Battle of Iwo Jima: About 30,000 United States Marines land on the island of Iwo Jima.
1978 – Egyptian forces raid Larnaca International Airport in an attempt to intervene in a hijacking, without authorisation from the Republic of Cyprus authorities. The Cypriot National Guard and Police forces kill 15 Egyptian commandos and destroy the Egyptian C-130 transport plane in open combat.

It is 40 years since Egyptian special forces raided Larnaca International Airport near Larnaca, Cyprus, in an attempt to intervene in a hijacking. Earlier, two assassins had killed prominent Egyptian newspaper editor Youssef Sebai and then rounded up as hostages several Arabs who were attending a convention in Nicosia. As Cypriot forces were trying to negotiate with the hostage-takers at the airport, Egyptian troops launched their own assault without authorization from the Cypriots. The unauthorized raid led to the Egyptians and the Cypriots exchanging gunfire, killing or injuring more than 20 of the Egyptian commandos. As a result, Egypt and Cyprus severed political ties for several years after the incident.

Egyptian President Sadat was aggrieved by the assassination of his personal friend Sebai and begged the Cypriot President Kyprianou to rescue the hostages and extradite the terrorists to Cairo. Kyprianou responded by promising to oversee the rescue operation and any negotiations personally, and travelled to the airport himself. According to the same report however, Sadat dispatched an elite antiterrorism unit (Task Force 777) to Cyprus aboard a C-130 Hercules transport aircraft. Cairo merely informed Kyprianou that "people are on the way to help rescue the hostages" and did not reveal who was on board nor what their intentions were. Upon landing in Cyprus, the Egyptian force immediately launched an all out assault, dispatching a single Jeep all-terrain vehicle with three men to race ahead of an estimated 58 troops (another report has this figure at 74) moving towards the hijacked aircraft on foot.

As the Egyptian troops advanced quickly towards the hijacked DC-8 aircraft and the Cypriot National Guard forces who surrounded it, the Cypriot forces reportedly issued a single verbal warning to halt and submit, though in other reports, the Cypriots issued two verbal warnings, the second a demand for the Egyptians to return to their aircraft.

As this occurred, the occupants of the Jeep and the Cypriot National Guardsmen exchanged gunfire, and the Egyptian Jeep was struck by a rocket propelled grenade, as well as gunfire, killing all three occupants. As the vehicle came to a halt, the Cypriots and the main Egyptian force confronted each other at a range of less than 300 metres (330 yd), and it is variously reported that the Egyptians, who lacked any form of cover, dropped down onto the tarmac in prone firing positions. At this moment, the two forces engaged each other with heavy gunfire, and the Cypriots opened fire on the Egyptian C-130H aircraft with a 106 mm anti-tank missile, striking it in the nose and killing all three crew on board.

With their aircraft destroyed, the Egyptian force and the Cypriot National Guard exchanged heavy gunfire for nearly an hour in sporadic fighting on the open tarmac. Some of the Egyptian troops took cover in a nearby empty Air France aircraft. Kyprianou, who was watching the events unfolding from the airport control tower, was forced to withdraw from the windows and take cover as Egyptian commandos struck the tower with automatic gunfire.

Of the Egyptian commandos, 15 were killed, in addition to three crew of the C-130H Hercules transport aircraft who were killed when it was struck by a missile. An estimated 15 more Egyptian commandos were reported to have been taken injured to Larnaca General Hospital with gunshot wounds. Following the assault, it emerged that the surrender of the two hostage-takers had already been secured at the time of the failed Egyptian attack, and the two men were taken prisoner by the Cypriots and later extradited to Egypt.

Egypt and Cyprus severed political ties for several years after the incident, until President Anwar Sadat was assassinated in 1981. President Kyprianou offered reconciliation and apologies but maintained that Cyprus could not have allowed the Egyptians to act.

Ever wargamed a special forces mission? They're pretty much perfect for skirmish games
It's amazing how there's almost always a single moment of crisis which the whole thing hinges on, and that's the point where it veers to either triumph or disaster
Consider the SAS trooper getting tangled in the Iranian Embassy Siege, or that jammed Sten during Operation Flipper, or the busload of workers showing up and ruining Operation Eagle Claw
That's the sort of thing you need to be able to replicate in a game
I was reading about the 1983 US invasion of Grenada recently, and was fascinated by the haphazard results special forces achieved during that
A whole SEAL patrol got drowned in bad weather, for one thing
But the Delta Force/Ranger missions there would definitely make for some fun wargames

Its the kind of game you probably want to use Skirmish sangin for - a bit more RPG-ish where you know everyone's name and keep track of how many flashbangs they have...

I'm trying to remember the operation where the Israeli's fly a C-130 at low altitude to somewhere in Africa in order to deploy special forces at an airport and storm some terrorists to rescue hostages - they managed to pull if off too, complete element of surprise...

>I'm trying to remember the operation where the Israeli's fly a C-130 at low altitude to somewhere in Africa in order to deploy special forces at an airport and storm some terrorists to rescue hostages - they managed to pull if off too, complete element of surprise...
Operation Entebbe?

Yep, thats the one. Ballsy stuff as usual from the IDF

>the Israeli's fly a C-130 at low altitude to somewhere in Africa in order to deploy special forces at an airport and storm some terrorists to rescue hostages
>Operation Entebbe
That's the one, a real epic, and once again something that could have ended disastrously
I've seen a couple of wargames done on it, and Matakishis Teahouse even does the specific airport buildings in 28mm
bigredbat.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/a-few-shots-of-partizan.html

Any anons that play ACW?

It was my thing a long time ago, when all I needed was Featherstone's one-page rules and a bunch of 1:72 plastics
Such a great period for wargaming

Anyone got the SAGA Aetius & Arthur battleboards? Only the book is scanned at the saga folder

Does anyone know if there is a scan of the cards for Test of Honour? I'm looking for the Ninja cards, but I wanna see them before I buy it. Thanks bros.

Not yet, but I have everything for it - lots of 1:72 plastics, a pdf of the Black Powder expansion and the Wargaming in Miniatures book for ACW. I only need to gather my enthusiasm once more to paint up enough minis.

So I missed my morning start since I posted just after noon, oh well. A big "fuck you" to photoshop, my laptop, and my expectations for how quick it is to do these things. After setting up the board, quickly re-reading the rules, eating some curry, and spending way too much time making a nice recreation of the board in MSpaint I am here to start the not-really-an-AAR-since-it's-happening-right-now of Invasion Afghanistan.

My plan is to have ~2 posts per turn, one covering the turn up until the operations (move/combat) phase and one covering operations + counterattacks & clean-up. I'm going to assume that anyone reading lacks a basic understanding of the rules, so I will try to give a VERY quick summary as things come up, making the early turns quite wordy. Most posts should be covering what happens in the turn and my reasoning/thoughts behind things.

I will be aiming to include a photo or MSpaint map with every post to help show what is going on. If you want to ask any questions I will do my best to answer.

>I only need to gather my enthusiasm once more to paint up enough minis.

This is why I only do 10mm - only way to get quick and satisfying results.

I followed the 1979 setup, which places some DRA (Afghan Gov'n) units around the country, and the 'intervention' force of Soviet troops on the border, followed by resistance chits assigned semi-randomly, and finally DRA desertions (a common sight in this game).

With the little amount of control over unit-placement I had I worked to secure the Kunduz-Kabul corridor. Placing troops along the path wherever allowed left only the Salang Tunnel exposed, I then reinforced Jalalabad and setup the bulk of Soviet troops in Uzbeck SSR to push straight south. A small force was put in Turkmen SSR to secure Herat if possible.

Resistance then got a roll of 5 to add to their starting morale of 6, putting them almost at the limit of 12 right off the bat. Fun. 10 of their unit chits were spread across the country using the random placement table, with the first 2 being automatically placed on Kabul. Most of the chits ended up in the regions 2-3 spaces away from Kabul, so exactly where I don't want them. Kandahar was completely clear of any danger though, so at least there was that.

DRA desertions was the only thing left to do so I started rolling for every DRA division and got expected results. With a 2/3 change for a unit to desert I lost 3/4 of all divisions. Infantry in Jalalabad, Herat, Mazar-I-Sharif, and Fayzabad, and Armour from Kabul and Kandahar all disappeared, leaving only an Inf division in Kabul & Ghazni . Thankfully I expected even worse and the security & SOF brigades and bases I dropped earlier ensured that I retained control of everything but Herat and Fayzabad.

Since this was the 1979 scenario I moved straight into the operations phase and got planning. My goals were simple, secure the Kunduz-Kabul Corridor, clear Kabul itself, and land every air-mobile unit I had in Jalalabad . See pic for planned attacks.

To move units you spend your only resource, Morale. One Morale to move a single force along a route to a target area, two morale to move any number of forces along different routes to a target area. The setup gave me two major offensive markers though (yay for Soviet invasion plans), so I could use those for two free operations. When moving you stop if you enter deserts, mountains, or an area with enemy forces, which was fine since I wanted to stop at the Salang Tunnel (a mountain area with enemies in it). Also, stopping in an area that is not communist-controlled (ie empty or has some resistance units) will likely spawn resistance to fight you.

So to start off I use a Major Offensive to move a massive ground convoy to the Salang Tunnel. On arrival I rolled for resistance reaction and unsurprisingly they passed (roll of 7). Resistance reaction is a Morale Test (roll 2D6, =< than your current morale is a pass) that if passed will spawn a number of resistance chits equal to the resistance recruitment number (found under the morale number on the morale chart) into the area. So I drew 5 chits to add to the one already in the area. Combat then began so the resistance chits are flipped, revealing a Heavy Weapons unit, four militias, and a subversion marker. Fun. A subversion marker can be a terrifying thing since it directly adds/removes morale, you can't stop it, and it fires-off immeadiately. Subversion markers do their thing (like all units in the game) by rolling a D6 and if it is below the number printed on the chit they 'hit'. So I roll for the SubvMarker and get a 2, which thankfully adds 2 to the resistance morale (maxing them out at 12) instead of dropping my morale any lower.

Moving onto combat I throw in a DRA and Soviet airstrike to try and soften up the enemy, and hit the first problem with the rules. How are you supposed to determine airstrike casualties? Airstrikes are simple enough, but casualties are chosen based on tactical superiority, which is not determined until all airstrikes are resolved... I assume the best interpretation of the rules, which means I choose enemy casualties. Rolling for the airstrikes, the DRA jets failed to hit anything and almost got shot-down (rolled a 5, you get shot-down by hvy-wep/base units if you roll a 6), while the Soviet pilots show their skill by landing a hit on the Heavy Weapons unit, removing it. Phew.

Moving onto the actual ground fighting I dice-off to see who gets tactical superiority (highest 'Guerilla' value + modifiers + 1D6), I roll a 4 and they get a 6, which after modifiers gives 8-vs-8, the tie is broken by the mountains, giving the rebels tactical superiority, so they shoot first. It stings. They land two hits and I decide to lose an entire division instead of weakening two units. I then return fire and land three hits, leaving one militia standing. After the fight I check morale effects, we both lose and gain one morale so our morale levels are unchanged.

While I want the last Militia dead I still need to secure Kabul, so I leave A Mech division and security brigade behind to deal with them later and move on with the convoy. Dropping off the engineers in Bagram, the HQ and last Mech division make it into Kabul, where the resistance again passes for Reaction. Five chits added, combat begins and reveals a Jihadist unit, two Guerilla units, and four militias... Two Soviet airstrikes are called in, resulting in a kill on the Jihadist unit, and then after dicing-off for tactics I just barely get to shoot first. Combat results in two dead Guerillas and a destroyed DRA inf division (instead of weakening the more powerful Mech div). Leaving four militias in Kabul.

Great AAR! Please keep it coming!

>I used my second Major offensive for the Kabul attack BTW
At this point I called off the planned air-reinforcement of Jalalabad, since that would likely spawn another 5 chits, and the forces I could put into the city were nowhere near strong enough to fight that kind of stack. So I left the base in the city to fend for itself and called an end to the operations phase.

The next phase is the DRA morale phase where I see if mass desertions happen again. I do a morale test for the communists, which with a morale of 4 is unsurprisingly a failure. But when I roll, the one infantry division remaining miraculously stands its ground. Someone give that commander a medal!

The last real phase of the turn now comes. Resistance Counter-attacks. I roll a resistance morale test, which passes, meaning all resistance sharing an area with communist forces will now attack. Just as planned! The one unit in Jalalabad is revealed as a Guerrila which will give me some trouble. I get to resolve combats in any order so I start with Salang Tunnel, where the brave Security Brigade and MechInf Division crush the surviving militia. Jalalabad goes next where I throw in my last airstrike, killing the Guerilla unit before the combat even begins. Finally Kabul has an old-fashioned street shoot-out between the massive forces in the city. When the dust settled the communists were left puzzled as all their firepower did diddly while the MechInf division was damaged, leaving Kabul contested and my morale one lower (3).

As the admin phase arrives I flip the revealed resistance units to their backsides and deal with the "Purge Afghan Government" event that has been waiting patiently. The event prevented me from recruiting or moving any DRA units this turn and had an effect in the admin phase. Since I have DRA (and resistance) units in Kabul (there was no real chance of me getting them out) I lose a morale, wheras if it was occupied only by soviet troops I would have gained two morale.

>Pic in last post is board at start of Admin Phase
With only two morale (the lowest I can have before losing!) the turn ends.

I would again wish to recommend the commander of the 2nd DRA Inf Div for a medal, as well as pay respects to the brave troops that fell in the 5th Guards MechInf Div, 16th MechInf Div, and 3rd DRA Inf Div. The commanders of the following units though are to be hunted down and executed for treason and cowardice: 6th DRA Inf Div, 2nd DRA Armour Div, 1st Guards DRA Armour Div, 1st DRA Inf Div, 5th DRA Inf Div, and 4th DRA Inf Div (you damn DRA units need to stop deserting!).

Phew, that took a while (3 hours?!). The next turn will take a while as I run through the phases I haven't explained yet, but should be relatively quick. Turns 3 and onward should be even quicker. Turns out writing up events takes a lot of time. Might not finish today, but I will do what I can.

I'm working as fast as I can lads. I am not too good at the typing quickly thing.

>I'm working as fast as I can lads.

Work at whatever speed you need to. We can wait. As you note, the game taking so long because you're doing so many other things than just playing.

With the start of a new year the first Control Check phase happens, aka the income phase. You earn morale equal to the value of all territory under your control (areas where you have troops and the enemy does not) and divide by 6 (rounding down), the insurgents get income for every area that you do not control and which is not contested (so I control most of the cities and some towns, the insurgents control most the towns and mountains (plus Herat), and no one controls Kabul). Adding it all up Communists have 26 points (4 morale) and the Resistance have 33 (5 morale), putting the totals to 6 and 12 respectively.

Now we get to our first Mobilization phase, where the communists draw events and get to recruit units! Since my morale is 6 I draw three events and get... DRA infighting, Defections, and Afghan Purge (AGAIN!)... Wow. DRA Infighting knocks me down a morale, Defections ends up doing nothing, and Afghan Purge means I still cannot recruit or move DRA units. FUN. I will also lose a morale at the end of the turn because I still have DRA units in Kabul.
>INTERNAL SCREAMING

Moving on though, time to recruit some troops. Since I am down to 5 morale I need to be careful, and thus I only purchase two new Soviet airstrikes (putting me at 1 DRA airstrike and 6 Soviet Airstrikes). Airstrikes are one of the greatest assets you can have since they are relatively powerful and can be thrown into any combat, so I am trying to maximise them.

Now that Communist Mobilization is done, time for Resistance Mobilization. Since they are riding the high of contesting Kabul while killing so many brave soldiers (aka having max morale) they draw 5 events, giving: Intervention-Pakistan, Intervention-Islamic Volunteers, Faction: Jamiat -3-, USSR Raid, and Soviet Reaction.
>REPEATED HEAD-DESK IMPACTS REPORTED

I'm putting together a few 15mm modern forces for skirmish sized games, as well as a 2'x2' terrain table. I planned on using Force on Force for rules, but I don't have any experience with modern warfare wargaming. Would anybody recommend a different set of rules, or is FoF a decent ruleset?

FoF is a really decent ruleset.

Cool, good to know. I have most of what I need, but I need to get some vehicles together. I have a 1/100 Mig and also a Gvozdika that I could use for a captured Insurgent tank. Matchbox and Hot Wheels should work for Technicals, right? I also would like to get some Humvess.

FoF is decent but consider No End In Sight too because FoF is kind of a massive pain in the arse at times.

Yeah, I'm moving between the living room to bedroom to play and write. Any pictures either require me to fiddle with MSpaint or use a camera, transfer to laptop, transfer to USB, transfer to desktop, edit, and finally post.

If you couldn't determine by now, events can be good or bad, but you should bet on them being bad. The two interventions mean new units get added to the Resistance recruitment bin (aka a cup I have filled with any usable resistance units not on the board, where dead Mujaheddin go to be recycled for the next fight [like all those militias]) and the Pakistan staging areas are now active (they have a few effects but for now all that matters is they give more controlled territory to the Resistance when calculating morale income). We thus reach the second issue with the game rules. Which units are the Islamic Volunteers and which the Pakistani Volunteers? It isn't written anywhere but I can figure out that the group of dark-green unit chits (primarily Jihadist units) are the Islamic volunteers, while I assume that the Pakistan subversion marker and ISI units are the only Pakistani volunteers.

The Faction -3- event means that the Resistance gets 3 morale (wasted) and 3 units placed immediately, USSR Raid is a raid where I roll to choose a soviet staging area (border zones), then roll to see if I exceed the total Guerrila warfare value of units in that area. I roll a 2 and 1, meaning they raid Turkmen SSR and fail! Resistance morale drops by one thanks to the troops that never left for Herat. The final event is Soviet Reaction, which is a good event that lets me recruit a unit and subversion marker for free. I recruit an airborne division, placing it in Uzbeck SSR with the other airborne troops, and gain a subversion marker which I put with the two I have had since setup.

The last part of resistance mobilization happens with their recruitment, I add 5 more units to the board from the recruitment bin (11 morale = 5 units).

Hey /hwg/ With Presidents day Warlord are having a sale on US stuff and I was gonna get these traitor bois mainly for kitbashing and messing around with and I was wondering if they are multipose and easy to kitbash? My gf is into DnD and fantasy stuff so I thought I could maybe use them as like a band of witchhunters/angry peasants and have a kitbashing session with her

thanks in advance

There should be pics of the sprue on the warlord site as well

Resistance recruitment happens by grabbing a random chit, rolling 2D6, referencing the Random Location Table in the top-left, and placing the unit face-down in the designated area. With 8 new resistance units on the board I suddenly have rebels all over my troops in Jalalabad, Ghazni, Salang Tunnel, and Baghlan. I think my turn will be one of stomping out fires...

Done with all the mobilizations we now enter the "Communist Political Warfare" phase, aka Subversion Marker Funtime. This is the one phase where communists can use subversion markers, rolling for success, then either increasing their own morale or lowering Resistance morale. Some events only activate in this phase as well. Using up my three subversion markers I roll 3, 5, and 1, so two fails and I can shift morale by one. I choose to boost my meager morale levels by one back up to 5.

With that done, we once again reach the Communist Operations phase, and I need a plan. I know Kabul is relatively secure because it only has some weak militias in it (although the troops I have to face them are equally weak) so I can leave it alone for now. Salang Tunnel can handle itself, which means my bases in Baghlan & Jalalabad and the brave 2nd DRA Inf Div are the ones I need to help out. My only available forces are ground troops from Turkmen SSR (which can reach Baghlan) and the bundle of airbourne troops in Uzbek SSR (which can reach anywhere I want). Since the ground troops in Turkmen are still not strong enough on their own, I will leave them in place. I will reinforce Jalalabad by air, and leave my other forces to fight as is, giving air support when the Resistance inevitably counter-attacks.

If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all...

>I spent a half hour trying to make a good air-strike symbol for my plan, and I didn't like it in the end...
Paying one morale, I load up all my airbourne and dump them on Jalalabad. Mujahedin spies see the massive troop deployment and call in every fighter in the region (passed the resistance reaction roll and drew 5 chits to add to the 2 already present). As the Soviet troops went door-to-door checking for insurgents, fighting broke out, revealing a Heavy Weapons unit, a Jihadist, a base, three Guerrilas, and a terror attack marker. The Terror marker (as I have just now read) can only be used in attacks, so it is discarded here without replacement. Seeing this line-up of heavy-hitters the local commander promptly calls in every airstrike allocated to him and more. Two USSR and one DRA airstrike roar in, flattening a few city blocks. As the dust settles the insurgents seem unscathed while a flight of Soviet CAS jets are found scattered in the rubble (5,6, and 5! some DShKs or RPGs got lucky!). The real fight was on, and the Insurgents get the tactical edge (rolled 2vs1 -> 2+2+1=5 vs 1+4+1=6, why couldn't I roll one higher?), unleashing a whopping... 5 hits... The GRU SOF brigade and 345 Airbourne Brigade are annihilated while the 103G Air Division takes heavy damage. Return fire from the survivors only inflicts 2 hits, removing 2 of the Guerillas. I drop a morale (3) and the insurgents gain one (12).

Shit, Fuck, Piss, and Balls. Someone pass me the Vodka.

I saw this post just before I rolled for the Jalalabad airstrikes and combat. You bring bad luck, go to Gulag.

Request permision to toot own horn but I wrote up a comparison you might find helpful

hntdaab.co.uk/blog/wargaming/great-big-modern-wargaming-rules-comparison-complete-edition/

Every time I see some RECON28 stuff I am incredibly sad they are unavailable

>I saw this post just before I rolled for the Jalalabad airstrikes and combat. You bring bad luck, go to Gulag.

I'll keep quiet if you keep posting. Deal? ;)

The high command instantly and unanimously agrees that the operations phase is now over.

DRA Morale phase comes and goes with the brave 2nd DRA Inf Div finally booking it (I don't blame them), and the Resistance counter-offensive predictably begins. With Ghazni now uncontested, the insurgents in Baghlan, Salang, and Kabul reveal themselves. The four militia in Kabul are no surprise, while Salang reveals an HQ unit, and Baghlan reveals a Jihadist. I MUST KILL THESE (they will give me a morale).

I start with Baghlan, throwing in an airstrike that does nothing. The Jihadist wins superiority (by a large margin) and damages the base without taking any damage (+1 Insurgent morale).
Next Salang, where nothing really happens (no damage). Then Kabul, where another slap fight takes place, resulting in nothing happening (WHYYYYYYYYY). Finally Jalalabad, where all three remaining airstrikes come in, with some close calls and a heavy weapon unit obliterated (5,5,1, fuck you dice). The insurgents grab tactical superiority easily, and proceed to whiff their attacks. The remaining communist troops (now on the defensive) land two hits, eliminating a base and Guerrilla unit (+1 morale for me, -1 for insurgents, woo).

Not so much gaming related, but you just reminded me of pic related, which I haven't listened to since I was in my teens.

I have a question for Bolt Action.
Can you always target an HQ Officer? even if it is behind another unit? is just a -1 penalty for targeting a small unit and -1 for cover?

We just started plating Bolt Action and the officers get smeared right away... need better terrain i guess.

Oh, and how many weapons can a vehicle/tank fire? i cant find it in the book

Admin phase arrives, Afghan Purge makes me lose a morale and we end the 1980 at 3 morale vs 11. Kabul, Jalalabad, Salang, and Baghlan are contested. Next year is not looking too good.

About to hit another rules issue. Helicopters and combined-arms brigades (helibourne+mech+tank) are not available at the start of the campaign. The rulebook mentions that you can recruit them starting in 1982, while the map/board recruitment table says they can be recruited starting in 1981. What do?

I think imma stop for today, even though I only did two turns. I'll continue tomorrow morning, even if turn 3 is looking to be a wipe.
The GF is asking why I took the Vodka out.

Great album, but the phrase always reminds me of the "Hee Haw" skit first.

Oh cool, thanks.

Jesus fuck I never want to draw, alter, arrange, crop, or label another fucking hoplite ever again.

New armies added;

Athens (VII-V Cent), Athens (V-III Cent), Early and Late Etruscan Leagues, Ionian Greeks, Magna Graecia, Sparta, Thebes, Thessaly, Minor Greek States, Pyrrhus, Dacia, Ostrogoths, Visigoths, and a couple others.

discord.gg/Z6N47p6 (Link for anyone who wants to try and play Impetus over VASSAL)

No homo but Steve is legitimately cute as fuck.

Yeah he is an attractive lad. Does anyone have that greentext of going on a date with him?

>someone finally put some ASL stuff on Tabletop Simulator

Its only the first starter kit but should I give it a shot, id have to play against myself though since i dont think the solitaire rules work on the SK missions?

Ive wanted to play ASL for a while but
>too poor for OOP physical copies
>vassal does my head in

He looks creepy to me... like he'll beat a girls face in the second she says no to his dick

You're a hero user

Not sure you can target enemy infantry through other infantry but I’d need to look it up again. Vehicles can fire all their weapons.

note that these are the wargames factory colonial militia repackaged. They are, I think, kitbashable in construction (i.e. arms, heads, and lots of loose accessories all separate on sprue) but I'm not sure at all of the scale, which is the biggest pain in the neck when kitbashing between manufacturers. The upshot is if they're on the large side, you can probably use GW bits, and if they're on the small side, you can probably use most historical kits.

I have macedonians from three different manufacturers, none of them can use GW bits for the most part (I was able to use Empire spear components on a scratch-built standard, but head-swaps are right out and most weapons are ludicrously oversized) but most components can be used with at least two of the sets. Anyway, this is even assuming you really care if one guy's head looks a little too big or too small and relatively minor nitpicks like that which trigger my autism but I see plenty of people shrug off with their own minis.

Neat! I've always wanted to draw paper soldiers (due to collection building slowly and wanting to play big battles right away) but have been too lazy and also don't have a color printer. This might finally get me to do it though, especially since ancients is my thing. I like this guy's a lot (pic related) but he only did like three units/sheets, or at least that's all I can find

>Matakishis Teahouse
Came for the terrain, stayed for the lovable old grog with 5 cats

Do we have more books in the style Armies of Mesoamerica?

That would be stuff by the Wargames Research Group, known as the guys who made the DBx rules (among many others)
Your request made me realise I should have rounded up stuff like this years ago, so after a quick whip around Scribd, I present a Mega folder with the following titles:

Armies and Enemies of Ancient China 1027BC to 1286AD
Armies and Enemies of Ancient Egypt and Assyria 3200-612BC
Armies of the Greek-Persian Wars 500-350BC
Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars 359-146BC
Armies and Enemies of the Crusaders 1096-1291
Armies and Enemies of Imperial Rome
Armies of the Ancient Near East
Armies of Feudal Europe 1066-1300

mega.nz/#F!2pcy1IwJ!ZYuIfvAk631h86Roviuz_g

Another for FoF and, yes for Technicals. I made a lot of them.

Yeah there's a sad mixture of available templates. You can usually cobble something together though. Junior generals topdown is pretty strong on antiquity stuff, but side on is a little tougher.

Thank you!

>The first dawn of 1981 wakes the Commander of the Group of Soviet Forces in Afghanistan from his restless night. Staff saw him raising one glass of Vodka after another in the late evening, crying. Official records will say this was due overwhelming emotions over the death of so many brave soldiers, dying gloriously for the motherland. Those present figured it was not thoughts of dead soldiers, but thoughts of his future in a hard labour camp if this 'venture to the south' failed.

So I'm back, ready to continue the not-an-AAR of Invasion Afghanistan, and I figure I'll start by discussing some rules that I didn't fully/directly explain.

First up, units and forces. Units are the individual chits on the map, they have 3 stats along the bottom of the chit: Combat Factor (how good they fight), Guerrilla Factor (how likely they shoot first), and movement (simple 'nuff). Base units also have a number in the top-left of the chit to show their supply range. Forces are a collection of chits ranging in size from one chit to however much you want. The chits in a force must start in the same area and travel along the same route, but do not necessarily need to end in the same area. While movement is done with one or more forces and with a specific target area in mind, forces are able to drop-off chits along their route so long as the areas being dropped into are communist-controlled (like was done when an engineer regiment was dropped off in Bagram by the force moving from Salang to Kabul). A thing to note with movement is the stacking limit; up to six communist mobile (non-base) units are allowed to exist in one space, while an infinite amount are allowed in staging areas (the large red and blue boxes around Afghanistan) and insurgents can have an infinite amount of units in any space (so you better clear them out before they get too big).

>Armies and Enemies of Ancient China 1027BC to 1286AD
Not to disparage the time and effort that was put into Western publications of Chinese armaments but unfortunately the pictorial references are outdated or of dubious quality.

>I feel the need to add little things to the pictures, like my breakfast and some of my snap-together 15mm tanks that had been sitting un-assembled till now.

Last thing for units is that some units (most communist and some DRA) are double-sided (have 'two-steps'). This is a common feature in hex&chit games, but if you are not aware the back-side ('reduced state') is a weakened version of the unit that is used when the unit was full strength and took damage (ie you have two HP, and if you drop down you have worse stats).

Next, combat. So I covered when it starts and the general idea of what happens, but I did not explicitly state how it works out. So after you start a fight by landing on some not-communist space, insurgents are revealed, airstrikes committed and resolved, then tactical superiority is determined, followed by one side then the other shooting, with morale effects taking place during shooting. Tactical Superiority is determined by taking the highest Guerrilla factor for your forces in the fight, plus a D6, and +1 for each of [Helicopter airstrike(s) happened/Base(s) are in supply range/Terror Marker present (in an attack)/event markers (like Major Offensive and Jihad)]. The side with highest total goes first, getting to attack with all its units and applying damage before the other side gets to shoot. Ties are broken based on what terrain the battle takes place in (ie cities, deserts, and towns that have airbases give it to communists). The actual shooting is done by rolling a die for each unit taking place, if the die is lesser or equal to the combat factor for that unit, they hit.

Supply lines (from bases) follow normal paths between areas, stopping in deserts or areas containing enemy units. Staging areas are areas that are normally impossible to move into by enemy forces, and give supply and/or control points for morale. They also are the only area to recruit some units (ie soviet troops).

Only thing I can think of that I haven't mentioned is air transportation. Air mobile units (aka Airbourne Brigades/Divisions and SpecOp (SOF) Brigades) use air transportation when they move, as well as individual units that want to move between airbases (The towns/cities with a red plane printed next to them, as well as any area with an engineer in it). When moving via air transport you must start and/or end your turn on an airbase (for non-air units moving between airbases they must start and end on one) and move no further that turn. This means that airbourne troops can usually reach anywhere on the map but are incapable of supporting multiple operations. Technically airstrikes work the same way, except they go to the 'used airstrikes' box instead of staying in an area.

Oh yeah, and for operations/movement, anyone but airbourne can take place in multiple operations per turn, even leaving an area with enemies to do so, so long as you pay the appropriate morale cost for the operation (one for a single force, two for more than one force).

With that, I'm going to do the pre-operations phases.

Thanks for taking this up again. Turn 3 should be interesting in a Chinese sense of the word.

So for the Control phase I have a grand total of 16 control points since all my major cities are contested, giving me a total of 2 morale, while I will not even bother counting for the resistance since they have more than enough to earn the one morale that puts them at max again (totals: 5 for me, 12 for them).

Communist mobilization gives me three events: DRA Infighting, Major Offensive, and Front Organisation -1-. DRA Infighting drops me a morale, while Front Organisation puts me up one morale (so no change) and allows me to recruit a free DRA Militia (I place this in Baghlan to suppport the base there). The Major Offensive gives me a free operation which I will save for next turn. For recruitment I spend one morale for soviet refits, bringing all weakened soviet units in the same area as a base up to full strength (so Baghlan base repairs itself and 103G Airbourne Division in Jalalabad is back up to strength). I am now at 4 morale (seems to be a common theme).

For Resistance Mobilization I draw 5 events and get.... oh god...
>Resistance Moves: All resistance reveal, and move if possible to areas containing communist troops along the shortest paths. No attacks happen, they just pile into communist zones.
>3x Faction -x- events: I add a total of 5 Resistance morale (wasted since they are maxed) and 5 units to the map.
>CIA Intervention: Added CIA subversion marker and SOF unit to the resistance recruitment bin, all resistance units now count as heavy weapons where airstrikes are concerned (aka, STINGERS SHOOT PLANES DOWN. NOT GOOD)
Of note is that all things in the game are sequential and instantaneous, so since Resistance Moves was the first event I drew, that resolves before the other events begin. This means I now have a ton of insurgent forces all over me (some are revealed, some are hidden) before normal recruitment happened, putting another 5 units on the board. See pic for a general sense of how boned I am.

Wew, the Price of his Foundry books is fucking crazy, more than a hundred bucks for a book is madness.

>Connection error???

So bad news: I have a lot of insurgent forces where I don't want them, especially in Bagram and Kunduz where the defending troops are super squishy. Additionally, the revealed supply base in Ghazni (which the 2nd DRA Inf Div ran from!) is now supplying troops in Kabul. Oh, and lets not forget that the CIA just gave stingers to every insurgent with two arms.
Good News: I have a lot of potential morale to earn if I kill the right targets (HQs, Jihadists, Bases, 3+ of other units at once).

So the plan is simple this turn, I have only 4 morale, and a million things trying to kill me. I cannot afford spending any morale for operations and I cannot afford any attacks that will spawn enemy troops, thus I am on the defensive again. I briefly considered using the one operation I never use (air attacks on their own, does not trigger Resistance Reaction) but quickly disregarded it since while I could potentially earn back the morale spent by getting a kill, the chance of a kill was just that, a chance. To preserve morale I skip right past the operations phase and into the DRA morale phase, where I fail the morale check and the one militia unit I just earned abandons their posts. Wheee.

Since the insurgents are at max morale they auto-pass their morale check for Resistance Counter-Offensive and the fight is on. I have seven combats to resolve, including one in Kandahar which finally got a unit placed on it (revealed as a Jihadist). I choose to resolve Kandahar first, where the brave and previously bored security troops get tactical superiority (rolled a 6 vs 1!) and proceed to blow the Jihadist away (I gain a morale (5), insurgents drop one (11)).

Next up Jalalabad, where the reinforced Airbourne Divs take a hit (103G Div weakened again, morale drops (4)) and return fire destroys the Jihadist responsible (CommMor up (5), InsMor down (10)). Looking good!

Anyone got examples of 1/285 scale desert minefield and other bits and bobs? WW2 North Africa is the idea. Trying to work out how to fashion barbed wire at that scale etc etc.

Does anyone have a scan for the second edition of Saga?

Also Warlord messed up my order, so I may end up with over 100 Normans. What other system might be useful to use that many men?[/spoilers]

normans reeeeee

Now with 5 combats taking place all along the Kunduz-Kabul corridor I work on Baghlan where if the base is freed I can use it support other fights. With a single USSR airstrike providing (ineffective) support, the base takes damage but is able to destroy the Jihadist! (total effect of InsMor down (9)) The base, though weakened, can now support other combats.

Next combat is up north in Kunduz where the 203rd DRA SOF Brigade is in deep shit against a more powerful and cunning foe, found in the HQ of Ahmad Shah Massoud. Hearing that a high-ranking Insurgent leader was in the area, Soviet Command did the expected and called in airstrikes to flatten the region. Two USSR airstrikes came in and did what they normally do in COIN operations, fail to decisively damage the insurgents, which lets Massoud's troops overrun the 203rd DRA SOF Brigade (CommMor down (4), InsMor up (10)). Damn!

With that stinging loss I move onto Salang Tunnel, where the 2nd Security Brigade and 108th Motor Rifle Division continue to root out the HQ hidden amongst the mountains. With a lucky roll I got tactical superiority and take out the HQ! (CommMor up (5), InsMor down (9))

Now comes the Kabul 'slapfight' where both the commanders on both sides whip their troops into activity after the pitiful performaces of the last year. Insurgents get the lead and damage the DRA Security Brigade (CommMor down (4)) while return fire from Communist forces kill three of the four insurgent militias! (CommMor up (5), InsMor down (8)).

Kabul is almost cleared, and that leaves only Bagram, which is too important to lose and full of weak support units. I call in every remaining airstrike (one DRA, two USSR) to pull those troops out of the fire, getting two hits that remove the Jihadist and one of the Guerrillas (CommMor up (6), InsMor down (7)). The security troops take the initiative but fail to land a hit in, and the remaining Guerrilla damages the Security Brigade (CommMor down (5)).

excellent! Thanks very much user. IF they are big and are more compatible with GW stuff when kitbashing that makes it easier for me as GW stuff is much cheaper and easier to find on ebay as well as third party bits from sites made for GW kits. Thank you

Letting them come to you, especially considering the huge gap in morale and the number of Ins forces on the map, is a good strategy. However it doesn't take the cities you need.

While your airstrikes finally helped, most importantly they weren't shot down. The CIA will need to send in more trainers with their next shipment of Stingers.

Thanks for keeping this up, user!

With that the Counter-Offensive is done and I am surprised to say we actually made it out alive. Nothing interesting happens in the Admin phase. I swapped dice just before all these combats and it seemed to help, as the previous turn shows you how well I rolled with the previous dice. Everything considered this actually was a GOOD turn for the communists, with several areas now clear of insurgents, lots of morale earned, and very minimal losses. I am seriously suprised by these results and it is giving me some (false?) hope for 1982, as helicopters will soon make their appearance.

A lot of near-hits from Stingers this turn (if they didn't hit, the airstrikes rolled 5s), but the pilots seem to be learning how to cope.

Yeah, I plan to go back on the offensive next turn, and I pray that stingers don't ruin me.

>and I pray that stingers don't ruin me.

With the helos arriving, the stingers will begin to bite.

Is Pike and Shotte any good as a ruleset?

It's a good toolkit to build on.
As a game to get into the era with... not that great. Better off with something more structured and better presented (P&S has layout and writing style issues) like Baroque.

Turn four (1982) begins, and with helicopters now available we go through the phases.

For Control I have 19 (3 morale) and the Resistance have 49 (more than they need), putting us at 8 and 12 morale respectively.

For communist mobilization I draw two events, getting DRA infighting and Desertions, again. After considering repicking because this is getting silly, I lose the morale (7) and roll to see if any Mujahedin desert (none do). Then I do recruitment, paying 4 Morale for: A USSR Airstrike and HelicopterStrike, three Mechanised Divisions, a subversion marker, and another Soviet refit (Baghlan base and 103G Div back up to strength). Helicopters are nice because despite their lower combat factor (compared to airstrikes), they add one to tactical superiority, and shooting first is important! All the new recruits are dumped into Turkmen SSR in preparation for an attack on Herat.

Resistance Mobilization once again draws 5 events, giving...
>Intervention Iran: The last intervention event, adds three chits to the recruitment bin, opens the Iranian staging area.
>3x Faction -x- again: add 5 morale to the resistance, and 5 units to the map.
>Resistance moves... fuck

Revealing the units across the map and moving them creates a few problems. First would have been the three subversion markers that got revealed, but none of them did anything (thankfully). The first real problem is when I had to determine if insurgents can cross mountains. As I check the rules it turns out I was wrong in assuming mountains blocked unit movement, so I'm dumb for that, but also that means that two Jihadists pile onto Kandahar. Fun. Resistance recruitment then happens and they throw 5 more units into the fight.

As the Mobilizations end I have problems all over the place, Kandahar, Mazar-I-Sharif, Baghlan, and especially Bagram are in trouble, and I am maybe going to redirect my attacks this turn away from Herat.

In the Political Warfare phase I roll for my one subversion marker, getting nothing.

Time for a daring plan. With enemy troops all over me and many of my troops in peril, I take everyone from Turkmen SSR and move them to Mazar-I-Sharif using my Major Offensive (can't afford to spend a morale). On arrival, the resistance reacts and throws in 5 units in with the 1 already there, revealing a total of one heavy weapon, two Jihadists, a Iranian SOF, and two subversion markers. The subversion makers... make me lose a morale (2!), and now I cannot afford any mistakes. Two airstrikes are quickly rushed in, taking out the heavy weapon unit, while my ground troops take the initiative with a good die roll. Sadly the combat rolls are pitiful and only one Jihadist dies (CommMor up (3), InsMor down (11)).

Bundling up my remaining troops I push on to Baghlan by paying one morale (2). Resistance reacts and I get two HQs, a Guerilla, and two subversion markers added to Massoud's HQ. The two subversion markers both succeed in dropping my morale by one, putting me at zero.

>GAME OVER

Well... fuck.

>and I am maybe going to redirect my attacks this turn away from Herat.

I'd got for Herat. You have to start nibbling away at their control numbers to drive down their morale. Herat this turn, Wakhan Corridor the next. Unless you pull a chit given you more, each turn those are your only operations. You spend morale on airstrikes and refits. Let them come to you.

State of the map at game end. I have nothing to say for my stupidity, I will report to Gulag.

I can rewind and restart from a point if people want, but I am kinda glad I lost. This has been taking way more time than I thought it would. on the other hand, I cannot let my brave soldiers's deaths be in vain.

I need some middle eastern/african unarmed civilians and a good amount of them. Any recommendations?

First you need to tell us what scale, user.

Oh my bad. 15mm.

You haven't got a huge selection in that scale
Peter Pig - the AK47 Republic guys - naturally do heaps of modern African stuff in 15mm, and they have a small pack of civilians but there's only 3 IIRC
Khurasan do Somali pirates who look great, and there are some companies that do zombie-apocalypse-type civvies, but usually they have a generic Western style

What's this game called?

The name is in the first post, "Invasion Afghanistan" (full name "Invasion Afghanistan: The Soviet-Afghan War 1979-1989")

Oh fuck, my brain inserted an additional "of" in there.
Thanks, user!

Yeah i was hoping to avoid peter pig because i don't know what he charges to ship to the USA. I will check around a bit more. Thanks.

Or the original blues version
youtube.com/watch?v=955J3s0WpDY

TFL has a WotR mod of one of their rules sets.. I forget which one but it's in one of the specials we have in the trove. You might take a look at that as well; they usually make pretty good rules.

Cream user here. After my flirtation with British "blues" groups, Albert King was an early inspiration for my guitar playing. That being said, there's more sentimental value attached to "Wheels of Fire" than to the original album.

Anyone ever play Kriegsspiel? I’m thinking of picking up the book that’s on toofatlardies, would you recomend a different version and what extra stuff would I need?

Warcrimes bump

Orthodoxy and capitalism not Hammer and sickle okay?

So how's Swordpoint?

Looking for Wars of Insurgency - can anyone help out?
Cheers.