Most boring people to Tabletop with

Most boring people to Tabletop with

>Human-only roleplayers who are infatuated with 14-19th century warfare roleplay

>Self proclaimed 'milspergs'

>Dwarves of any kind

>Asocial characters roleplayed by asocial people

>>Dwarves of any kind

>Character that is a Slav.

>People with no self-deprecating sense of humor
>People who take themselves seriously

It's fine if people try and take roleplay somewhat seriously, but all the best memories I and anyone else ever have about RP is when things get wacky.

Your games shouldn't be wacky, only dumb redheads in 50s sitcoms are wacky.

No, you shouldn't be zany either.

...kooky?

What about nutty?

>People who have only played DnD or it's derivatives.

>People who think DnD is good for "any kind of campaign"

Sorry for Branimir

Came to post this

>shitposters can't stop shitposting

You're really stretching your D&D hate here, to the point where it's obvious you barely read the thread and just wanted a chance to complain about D&D again.

Literally not even hating on DnD, just hating on people who have never even TRIED anything else. Just like how I wouldn't wana game with someone who's only ever played Call of Duty and nothing else. Stop being so defensive :^)

Stay mad lol

>Dwarves of any kind

What would you recommend for a fantasy setting then?
I've recently finished up a campaign setting and have been working on a few minor details and planned to use 5e, as it and PF are the only fantasy based systems I've used.
What would you consider better? I've experience with Dark Heresy (loved it), and nWoD (hated it).

That seems counter intuitive to wanting people to play other things.

Show me somebody Playing dark heresy online user, or something cyberpunk that's not fucking shadowrun- and I'll give is a shot

D&D and derivatives are fine for mid to high fantasy games to be honest. Everything else seems to be try hard "peasants shitting diarrhea in the mud pits while being anally raped by orc sims:"

That and Runequest, but that's only good for Glorantha and while Glorantha's great I don't want it to be my only fantasy setting ever.

What part of wanting people to have a variety of experience is counter-intuitive? If you're running business, you pick the college graduate over the high school dropout, because the college graduate has a wider breadth of knowledge.

DnDrones are the high school dropouts of the TTRPG sphere. They're boring because they don't know anything or bring anything new to the game outside of DnD-isms.

Elves
Fucking elves

Not that guy but I run Only War every week online.

People that make shoen protagonists

>What part of wanting people to have a variety of experience is counter-intuitive
Not playing with other people because they haven't played other games, means they lack even more opportunities to play other games which creates a vicious cycle.
>they don't know anything or bring anything new to the game outside of DnD-isms.
And this is patently wrong, in the fact that other RPGs outside D&D exist in the first place.

Better that than showing them a good system, and having everyone else in the group unanimously call it shit when the game is over and go back to D&D. At least then you can have hope.

Runequest
Dungeon Fantasy RPG
World of Dungeons
Artesia
TESRPG
Some kind of Euro system like DSA or Symbaroum
Song of Swords
Heroquest
Exalted 3e

Pretentious as fuck.

But 110% correct, especially about the "DnD-isms" part.

That guy who only seems to care about the game during combat and is on his phone whenever the party isn't fighting.

I once had a guy literally quit the session mid bossfight because "he got bored"

I can kind of understand that if your GM is really, really bad and you're a rude person. There have been several games that I've dropped mid session just because the GM was that bad (they were all by the same two dudes). I came close to leaving mid boss once for one of them just because he spent almost an hour haltingly stumbling through the description and monologue, barely had a grasp on the rules and kept getting mad when things didn't work like he thought they did, getting mad at players for doing unexpected things to the point of saying "no you don't do X you do Y instead", etc.

He was exactly as bad as a player, too

>if your GM is really, really bad and you're a rude person
That's the problem, our GM is amazing and it's just that guy who's an utter retard
One time we were at the end of a dungeon and found a fuckton of coin and gold, he faggot wanted to get it all for himself without sharing even if we agreed on it, our dwarf warned him and said "I'll cut off your dominant hand if you do it"
Spoiler alert:the guy tried it, got his hand cut and literally ragequit like a little pussy
>inb4 maybe it was in his character
Trust me, he has no character

Fellow member of my group has access to Fate, GURPS, Hero, Savage Worlds, BRP, but he chooses to hack the shit out of Pathfinder for both a Wild West and a Samurai campaign.

How are they simultaneously shitting and being buttfucked?

Humans in my games are always the most interesting people. Maybe because they are only the fourth most common race.
People roleplaying pre-existing characters of their fanfictions and mental fantasies are the worst: they are not good at it and they complain about everything, since it "doesn't suit their image of the character". Fuck them.

I found the cure for this. Most players who want just combat and no roleplay or story usually want to pull from every escoteric book and broken fansplat to make broken characters. The quality of my players jumped EXPONENTIALLY when I laid down the law that the game is run with core books only.

>f Pathfinder for both a Wild West and a Samurai campaign.
I don't see how this is bad assuming they both have fantasy elements. Fuck him if he wants to run anything remotely historical though.

>Core only
Why would you hurt yourself like that user

My experience is the opposite. The "power gamers" are the fuckers who give a shit about the story and actual RP and the CRB dregs just post on their phones or drag the conversation into the latest Hollywood dribble. When they do try to roleplay it's basically Sir Bearington type shit.

Like the people who give enough of a shit to learn to optimize tend also give a shit about the campaign, because why go through all that trouble when video games exist?

They rape them in the mouth

It's watery diarrhea dick goes in, poop goes out, dick goes back in.

People who take real life knowledge into the game.
>player asks to take ranks in alchemy, all the while failing to hide an "I'm going to get away with something" grin
>they describe in painstaking detail the process of making gunpowder
>allow it
>they make a big production out of showing the party the result
>put a burning tinder to the powder
>"Nothing happens."
>they whine about having done everything right, the process was perfect
>"Sure, but it doesn't work. Things work just differently enough in this world that you can't make gunpowder that way."
>they rage like only a neckbeard can
>explain that 1: there's no way one character who's just taken up alchemy could have accidentally stumbled on the correct procedure for making gunpowder, and 2: having it in the game would severely imbalance things, so it's not going to be a thing by GM veto
>they proceed to try and sabotage the campaign for the rest of the time they're in it
Why do these fuckers always think they're so goddamn clever and sneaky about it.

Just don't be a fucking autist and put gunpowder in the game. Chances are it's not going to imbalance shit and if niggas are running around in plate guns should be a thing already anyway.

You know there is a 3rd option here: People who come back to DnD for its simplicity and focus after going out there and playing a bunch of other games. My appreciation for 5E is enhanced by playing a bunch of other fantasy games.

The point is even with tons of options some people still choose DnD. The people grousing about it are still enamored with the myth that a system can make a game and lay their shitty creativity and social problems at the feet of DnD.

They'll grow up someday.

No guns means no guns, pal.

Weird. I've DM'd through multiple groups over the years and always found the powergamers were just murderhobos and tuned out of stories while the folks who were just like "I'm a wizard" came up with decent backstories and got into the narrative. In any case I have a great group now so it's worked out.

Even so, this one dude who just picked up My First Alchemy Kit should not just happen to stumble upon the process for making that shit as the first thing he does.

>GM: Alright, for this military-themed fantasy game, you're all members of a unit working for the royal army. Let's go down the list.
>Player A: My character, Reddez, is a holy knight and three-year veteran in the continuous skirmishes with the plains tribes to the east.
>Player B: Joren is an elite scout for the royal army, who works with Reddez. He's slow to trust and make friends, but he clicked with Reddez and now they're friends, even if Joren doesn't talk much.
>Player C: Seriz is an academy-trained mage who sought out a career as a war mage, who was assigned to Reddez's unit. He chafes under Reddez's command and thinks he should be in charge instead, but grudgingly accepts that Reddez is the better tactician.

>Player D: level 1 paladin, level 2 warlock, so I can do this build I found online, check it out guys

Gotta be one of these motherfuckers every time, huh.

gniggers who play gnomes

>Anyone who uses the word "build" when referring to their character.

I feel you user.

It's especially egregious when the player is combining eight things from eight different books, none of which were designed to work together, resulting in a random mish-mash of garbage that would have no in-universe reason to exist and probably even has conflicting or outright incompatible lore. It's why I don't play 3.PF anymore. There's just too much trash floating around, and the playerbase has unreasonable expectations. Tell a given 3.PF player "core only" or "only things from books A, B, and C are allowed" and they either flip their shit, or they dig through their bookmarks to find that one gamebreaking build that used those exact books.

It's why I made the core only rule. If you flip your shit I don't want you in my game anyway.

>People who use bad british accents for characters
>People who use bad russian accents for characters

>loves Dark Heresy
Mythras is the best d100 fantasy game in the market, and even has a D&D supplement called Classic Fantasy that I like a lot.

There are alternatives if he crunch is too much too, but d100 has a long history of good fantasy games.

If it's a game where we're playing for laughs and a lot of goofy stuff happens I don't mind this. I had a party made up of Soviet slav fighter, pip pip cheerio British wizard, and bad Mexican accent luchador monk and it was a riot.

Build is important. Generally announced builds like that tend to just mean that GM can design future stuff around it

>People who don't like bad accents

Pathfinder character customisation and magic item bloat runs completely counter-intuitive to the goal of 90% of Wild West campaigns.

Shilling for Exalted. You like reality warping wizard ninjas? You like communist robots from another dimension? You like werewolves from beyond the edge of reality that fight elves?

Fucking play Exalted.

There is no combination of books or house rules that makes 3.PF sane or balanced. The only thing that works is a gentlemen's agreement to not do anything fucking retarded.

It's hard to have a gentlemen's agreement when you're running a game for manchildren.

And that's exactly why I don't play it anymore.

How so?

Yes there is. Tier 3 and below only.

Psionics, Spheres of Power, Spheres of Might. Ignore Vancian classes that get anything higher than 6th level spells.

Sad that this is what you have to do to make PF playable.

For 3.5, ban Core (except for skills and certain prereq feats). That solves a lot.

I mean it's pretty fun with you do that. Honestly, most of the 9th casters are stupid on a basic thematic level anyway or can be replicated even better with most of the classes mentioned. Fuck the whole point of spheres is that you can fluff your magical ability as more or less whatever you want.

Most of my group's characters and NPCs have a variety of British accents, like 90% or something
It's because we're all Brits so whenever we talk in a made-up voice we just follow our instincts
I'm still trying my best to use other voices though

>That guy who insists on farming money for hirelings/attack dogs/cask bombs/etc.

I wish our GM would play up the local lord being bothered by the arms trade/PMC some random guy is running.

>Human-only roleplayers

Literally me, you'll never catch me playing anything but human. It's all about that free feat son.

>Tell a given 3.PF player "core only"
Oh wow, I wonder why people get mad when you invite them then tell them they only get to play with the shittiest part of the game. I'd tell you to fuck off and stop wasting my time too.

There's a big difference between stating your character's generic build alongside the concept so you can have a well-balanced party and not step on anyone's toes, and presenting your entire character as just "oh, uh, paladin 1 warlok 2".

When you put it like that, I can't really argue. Core really is the worst part of the game.

So goofy is fine?

Variant humans are banned for this campaign. What now fucker?

I leave because it's obviously going to be a shitty campaign.

>If I can't have my crutch free feat I'm walking away
Kinda proving OP right there.

>Better that than showing them a good system, and having everyone else in the group unanimously call it shit when the game is over and go back to D&D
"I'm not crazy, everyone else is crazy!"

The 4-5 people you play with and who are very heavily biased towards D&D is hardly everyone else.

Hey man, they gave you a chance to prove your obscure hipster system was better than the one they like, and you failed. Can't really put that on them.

>>Dwarves of any kind
I accept adults of all heights at my table.

Bonkers?

>not finding arbitrarily capricious limits frustrating
People should play what they want. If your DM says 'you can't do X because I want to make a point and show that I have supreme power over you and your character,' you can be 99% sure it won't be fun.

>Human-only roleplayers
Eat shit faggot. Take your catgirl anime faggotry somewhere else.
If its one thing ive learned in 30 years of gaming is that people that are of adult age that still watch anime are fucking manchildren who never grow up. Nope, i dont game with autistic anime neckbeards as they are shit people and typically roll play, not roleplay.