Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Suramar 1940 edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2. Also Liadrin is best girl.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4wKQ40ZU0dI
wow.gamepedia.com/Lady_Liadrin#Warlords_of_Draenor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Sylvanas. Long live, queen of my heart and my boner!

Nth for big fat dragon tats

Back to recovering Alterac, I don't give a shit what faction saves us, in true Alteraci style I just want my land back and a nation sovereign. Whosoever gives me a banner and tabard with the crow of Alterac has my sword and whatever loyalty I could have left.

Nth for even though Warcraft is shitty sometimes I still love it, flaws and all.

Where is Liadrin? Where is Alleria or Turalyon? Where is Genn?

I think the picture was made during WoD, when all of those folks were either not even in the game or not important.

That waifu is corrupted
She is evil as fuck and probably has maggots in her

Fujiko from Lupin is a better waifu for crying out loud

>ywn willingly subject yourself to the plague just to be with her

youtube.com/watch?v=4wKQ40ZU0dI
This Alteraci mage for a new ruler of Alterac.

She should have put it on tbqh
>"There must always be a Banshee Queen..."

Well, Alleria is much-much better waifu. Better in everything.

I don't care much for Sylvanas, but god damn, fan arts of her are really something else.

I'd trade Mag'har orcs for Alterac humans if only to see all the butthurt and suicides.

Why his facial expression is so creepy and dead? Really makes you think.

I want to see a fan-art of that guy...

To think it all started from this humble sketch.

can't be, Magni is a diamond in this and Varimathras has his torture face.

Liadrin was very important in WoD.

How? I didn't even remeber her.

Edgier than Vereesa and not as genocidal as the dead one. Perfect balance.

she helped stop Gorefiend from eating all of the souls in Auchindoun and turning into a giganigga

wow.gamepedia.com/Lady_Liadrin#Warlords_of_Draenor

I miss Metzen's art. (He knew his stuff!)

I see you didn't play it as a Horde character.

Those were simpler times.

>*blocks your dreams*
>hey bro trust me, the draenei are totally gonna attack you, kill them all right now
what do /wwlg/?

90s were a simpler time.

>I see you didn't play it as a Horde character.
Something wrong with that, champ?

Those simpler ties died together with the one true king.

everything

Metzen isn't a great artist or a great writer, but one of the dudes, who is responsible for a WarCraft universe. You all need to apologize.

I am sorry, Metz. You are the best. Fuck Kosak.

For what? I loved his work on WCIII. I consider it a high point of the setting.

Metzen is a hero. All he ever wanted to do is make people happy with his art, and it worked for 2 decades

>For what?
You all bashed him during Cata years. And you all were glad when he was fired.

>Fuck Kosak.
DELETE THIS

Why does the Alliance keep complaining about the Horde fighting them when they're the ones who keep starting all the conflicts?

>I consider it a high point of the setting.
For me it was Pandaria. Arthas is not the whole WarCraft universe, you know. His story arc was actually just a filler.

Nice bait. Really-really-really sweet, big and nice.

He left. His personal explanation was that he ran out of steam. I also suspect that he felt that his writing wasn't as good as it used to be. Now he can spend his time with his family and his plastic crack.

I actually can't stand Pandaria, but I don't go out of my way to argue with the people who like it.

I'm not sure, he seems like a trustworthy fellow.

You can't think reasonably when you're surrounded with such supple nelf butts.

FUCK YOU GUL'DAN! YOU AND EREBUS DESERVES THE SAME HELL!

If I were him, I'd be bored too after 20+ years of this shit.
Not to mention, he has a ton of money to live off so...

SOMEONE SAID EREBUS?

Pandaria is a mix of localized good story that quite likely was't touched by lead writers and awful main plot that was led by Kosak.

Oh no, not this warhammer shit again...

Fuck you Erebus
Warhammer 40k is the other way.

>the Light will.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
what did Tirion mean by this?

What can -I- do for -you-?

WELL MET

We can replace with Gul'dan Since the entire fuck started with is Sorry cripple choirboy orc ass
therefore

FUCK YOU GUL'DAN!

Greetings Veeky Forums your mission is to proceed on reconciliation of Thalassian Elves and Amani Trolls.
How do you do it that they will be able to bury the hatchet in common enemy instead of each other?
My suggestion, given that Trolls are angry about Silvermoon being made in sacred Amani grounds: Silver'Aman, city of Trolls and mutated Trolls.

Sorry, but Turalyon is much better paladin. IMHO.

Look at that slimy smug of those 2, it doesn't look like they will fuck the entire universe just for Shits and giggles for power

Do we have a priest in the thread? This guy is having a stroke.

OG Gul'dan was more of bitter guy. His WoD incarnation, on the other hand...

He got non-evil elf pucci

Exterminate the Amani, resettle the city with Revantusk trolls.

remember how blizz tried to make it so that the alliance were racist to valeera because she was a blood elf walking in WOTLK and now we have Void Elves walking all over the city....Funnny in't

>Lion of azeroth
When the entire world recognizes your greatness

Void elves suck on every conceivable level.

>now we have Void Elves walking all over the city
Well, void elves are not very respected right now. People of Stormwind are only tolerating them because of Alleria.

The lore is actually pretty good and its got some unique aesthetic I haven't seen in any other rpg. Blizz created something original.

>True King

He was the Crown Prince and I'm pretty sure killing everyone in arm's reach knocks you out of the line of succession.

>t. Magister Umbric

They chose edginess over being cucked by trolls
They are the bravest elves, and the only truest elves

I never thought of Stormwind kingdom as a racist kingdom. Just look at the districts, statues, people. Diversity is everywhere.

A common enemy is all the justification you need. England and France fought each other for hundreds of years but they're Bros now

ya one of the devs must have put in the flavor text for her before he got orders that the alliance were gonna be lawful good instead of grey.

So, five or six expansions pass. The heroes of Azeroth have put an end to N'Zoth, stopped an invasion of Naaru that want to "purify" Azeroth, cleansed Azeroth of a portion of her corruption when she was on the verge of becoming a Dark Titan, put a stop to Bolvar-as-the-Lich King, had another RvB expansion and a couple of other things. They decide it's been a while since they've had a demon expansion and they want to do another one, in the same vein as Burning Crusade and Legion.

How can they bring back the Burning Legion as the primary threat for an expansion?

Original =/= good

Honestly this is one of the best void elf lines. Too bad Alleria doesn't look like a void elf herself or she'd probably start getting fanart like Sylvanas

This. Stormwind is just like New-York, but much prettier.

Thal'kiel and Ulthalesh reformed the Legion offscreen

I'd love to see Stormwind made as a real city in rile life it honestly looks really pristine...

This.

You can't kill demons so they're always gonna be a threat. I can't think of a single fantasy setting where demons stay dead forever.

Remember how we used to make black people sit at the back of the bus? Times change

Yeah, but we're talking about an organized world-threatening force on the level of the Burning Legion, which only existed due to Sargeras holding it together.

>they're Bros now
They are many things, but bros is definitely not one of them.
Really, we should check relations between Sweden and Denmark, those were at each other's throats almost as long as they exist.

>Varian statues everywhere
>Diversity

You wish. Kezan is New York.

>and whatever loyalty I could have left.

>implying anyone from Alterac had any loyalty to begin with

Archimonde comes back.
He was always the one after power of the two, KJ just wanted to get back at Velen, whereas Archie wanted to usurp the Big S.

>Archimonde comes back.
He is dead.

That just means theyd need a new leader, so in that case pick your poison, there's a lot to choose from.

What I would personally like to see is an expansion where blizzard makes a PC the bbeg. They could make a character out of someone's character and have them try to take over the world

They still are? If you don't kill each other it doesn't mean that you like each other. Danes cheer against Swedes in every competition.

Archimonde's permanently dead.

I'll rather have help them fight for the sake of consolidating their power in Legion Remnants for the sake of reigning them in as Lich King equivalent that keeps Legion's forces from attacking everything.
In such expansion we could aid Xal'atath and Aluneth as well.

Well they may not be best Bros, but if European countries can out aside their bloody past and work with each other, then so can blood elves and Amani trolls

He's dead until Blizzard doesn't want him to be.
Same with Sargeras really, but I think Archimonde coming back to fill the power vacuum would be neater.
While one of the Blizzard guys said that Hellfire Citadel counted as "fel enough" for him to be permadead, other Blizzard guys have been a lot more shifty and not wanting to answer it so I get the feeling he's being stored for a comeback if they feel like they need him.

WELL MET

She a giant mary sue.

>A fortress where some warlocks cast a lot of spells, on a perfectly healthy world, counts enough as being part of the twisting nether that a demon can permadie there
>Meanwhile, in Outland - a bunch of floating rocks literally surrounded by the twisting nether on all sides - demons can die all they like

I just want consistency. I don't mind retcons, but not when they make things make LESS sense.

I think you missed the part when Britain decided to leave European Union because they had enough of German/French politics in it.

Apparently he takes us to some Twisting Nether location in Mythic version. Which is a really shit way of handling death of Archimonde if he's only perma-killed on Mythic.

Is she /ourgirl/ ?

I miss Prologue.