/mgw/ - Monster Girl Worldbuilding

Land of Exotic Pelts and Suntans Edition

Previous thread: We talk about Monstergirls and build a setting for them. Though we can all post pics and images and art of Monster Girl Encyclopedia monster girls and take about them. But bear in mind this is not KCs MGE canon to the letter.

'Tis also the home of the as of yet un-named Veeky Forums Monstergirl RPG.
It's work-in-progress "rulebook" can be found here:
>piratepad.net/E41GY9rQQr

Warhammer Fantasy roleplay homebrew link:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit

Newer and Updated Monster Girl RPG handbook.
>i.4cdn.org/tg/1518143769411.pdf

Dungeon World Angel Class done by user.
docs.google.com/document/d/1tnxUNkYKWeDtVtyPk8sYAiTsfwBwcNeC1DKg_0GTb8U/edit?usp=sharing

Wikis for popular Monstergirl settings:

Monster Mosume (Everyday Life with Monstergirls):
>dailylifewithamonstergirl.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Monster_Girls_Wiki

Monstergirl Encyclopedia:
>mgewiki.com/w/Main_Page

Monstergirl Quest:
>monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/MonsterGirlQuest_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/scientists-have-created-sheephuman-chimera-embryos-for-the-first-time/
youtube.com/watch?v=npmnjoDYpiQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Chief God Protects

I think the idea is sound, but the execution needs work.
Okay, lets talk the Desert Continent then.

I think the lore should be Not!Egypt was the fallen empire that ruled over the continent that the Pharaohs and their minions are trying to rebuild- of course they aren't aligned with the Demon Lord as the Apophis and their minions are the corruption fags.

I still say we have bedoiun style nomadic sand elves living as tradesmen across the sands.

And we can have various Order aligned trading city states and minor kingdoms, some of them profiting from the trade on the Southern Sea. Maybe add one large empire for military matters or as a regional empire.

As for the land of exotic pelts, I think it should be a subcontinent within the Desert Continent. Should it have access to the Southern Sea though?

>the Leviathan was once a single creature, but the population has slowly grown since it began mating with a human
>these monsters often appear to be mermaids, but the tail extends much deeper into the water, connecting to the main body like a giant anglerfish
>apart from this appendage, very little about the body has changed
>they're often sensitive about their vast size and inhuman appearance, preferring to keep their main body submerged when interacting with humans
>don't ask if she eats ships. She doesn't and you'll hurt her feelings

Yes, always love monstrous monster girls

Pic related

Yeah, having the Savannah/Jungle be connected to the South Sea fits with the Pirate theme. I like to think that the Undead are powered by Corruption more so than other Monsters (Except your Demons), but being it's been a long time since the Pharaoh has been alive, she's not completely caught up on current events (She might not even remember much of her time or even truly realize that she's dead).

In a slightly unrelated note: Human/Sheep hybrids are here:
iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/scientists-have-created-sheephuman-chimera-embryos-for-the-first-time/

So kind of like a sandworm?
Okay, so lets say the Order Mainland is the northern Southern Sea Coast, the Desert Continent is the southern Southern Sea coast, and the Land of Exotic Pelts subcontinent is on the western Southern Sea Coast.

Also I think that Pharoahs are like half-undead and half-gods. Maybe the Pharoahs wield Divine, but are 'outside the system' so to speak.

I wonder then if there is room then for a faction of Pharaoh Knights who are anti-corruption, but not Order aligned.

For what purpose?

My gut tells me they wouldn't be very sexy.

Are they fluffy and sleepy?

It's to create replacement organs so the chimera wouldn't actually grow up.

>We have literally made Sheeple embryos
This is a glorious time to be alive. I only hope that the governments of earth (especially the USA) get their heads out of their asses long enough to let some real mad science happen.

There's going to be a sea-change in the near-future. I hope it will be peaceful, and I think it will, but if the system continues to stagnate, then I foresee violent overthrow of government.

That said I think our politicians are too spineless to actually go through with putting down a rebellion or revolution.

Sea serpent, so more or less.

I think it could work then. A decent way to deal with Kaiju sized monstergirls.

I'm still wondering how to deal with Colossus Monstergirls.

Generally the Order tends to be a religious group that's trying to bring down the DL and prevent corruption. Do you think their is scientific groups that looked at what the Order is doing and thought it was stupid? Do you think there would be a SCP like organization dedicated to studying monstergirls?

Want me to post the whole thing?

They have put it down very effectivly by filling their lIves with convenient things that they would lose if they went and actually did that

No since the setting seems stuck in the late medieval period at best.
Personally I'd prefer Bronze or early Iron Age.

I would find it entirely plausible that there could be some Mad Science going on, and it would likely be rejected by the Order while being nominally anti-DL

Yes.

One area I want to expand upon is the Scholar Class. I think it allows for lots of adventures- scientific experiments, scholarly expeditions, various treatises on history, theology, magic, technology, politics, etc.

More specifically on monstergirl experimentation, I like to think there is a major project based on domesticating monstergirls so that they may better aid mankind.

Entirely possible, I see them being more like a mix of the hunters from blood born and the hunters from Witcher, taking a more busness first approche to hunting but as a result taking more risks, often taking a "make monsters to fight monsters" attitude

I thought we had been talking about an early renaissance era.
Economy sucks. It continues to suck people will act rather than sit idle. That's why the people elected Donald Trump- he advocated for change, Hillary for Status Quo. Except Donald Trump didn't mean it, and the Stock Market is looking dodgy again.

Bread and Circuses work, so long as the government can actually PROVIDE bread and circuses, but you gotta cut that budget to pay for all those tax cuts.

While it wouldn't look at all like the SCP foundation, the idea of esoteric scholars with boundless curiosity and extremely limited ethics isn't bound to any particular time period. All that does is determine some of their scope and methods. If they can't do high tech prisons, they have to rely on what monstergirls they can bag and lock up in iron cages. Or be wizards.

For that matter, have we talked about mortal magic? It seems to be a thing in MGE but not a well addressed one and I believe it's been thusfar quietly left out of actually worldbuilding, probably because those most interested in Human-First facets of the world are mostly pally posters and thus inclined to Martial/Divine over Arcane.

Are roving bands of savage monsters looking for loot and men a thing?
If so why is there so much raw wilderness it can support their numbers?

With all the other weird shit going on, I don't think it would be out of place if some of the bigger monsters were built for spelunking.

>many a daring human have gone in thinking they could fertilize her eggs and live, non returned, but contrary to assumptions, they did not perish, but they were far to small for the egg within her to think of as a mate, but as the sperms itself, they promptly spent much time in her womb until reborn as her new young

>they actively avoid men to prevent this from happening
>when the desire is too strong and they take one, it is a long process of delays before conception
>when it finally happens they realize what has happened in full and are utterly heartbroken
>as a result their reproductive rate is obscenely slow, but they live long enough to bear two daughters in this way if they're particularly callous or the men are that convincing and dedicated
But I imagine some other species of kaiju would just keep them there fertilizing their eggs in a blissful stupor rather than breaking them down for genetic material. And the womb is the one place the daughter sees her sire.

Rape is bad.

but fun

You stop that

Yes, but you're going to need more than that to convince them.

There's got to be convenient charts for this somewhere.

>all kaiju have a long gestation period, due to the sheer size of their offspring
>some might let you out during this time
>but if there's danger around, she's taking no chances. The safest place is behind her scales

Sober + consent = sex
Under the influence of magic or drugs + no consent = rape
There is a grey in between, such as drunk sex or fucking someone who says yes only because they're easily influenced due to being drugged or enchanted.

>Exotic Pelts
How much you think a monstergirl pelt would sell for?

>all this unbirth/vore shit
Glad to see giantessfags are just as autistic and insufferable on this board as they are on /d/

There hasn't been much talk about it. I actually had an idea that Wizards might be people who use Demonic Energy for magic, being more Corrupted meant more powerful. Druids might pull theirs from nature, learning it from Elementals or something.

YOU stop that! Don't you know how many impressionable young girls you're ruining with this crap? Imagine how confused they'll be when dragons mistake them for princesses or they start helping out at the local church? Is that what you want, a generation of monstergirls who can't rape and are totally unable to become proper monsterwomen?

Why would you even say such a thing?

Fucking stop

>And we can have various Order aligned trading city states and minor kingdoms, some of them profiting from the trade on the Southern Sea. Maybe add one large empire for military matters or as a regional empire.
scratch the Order part and I'm sold

I imagine it should, unless these are hunter/gatherer tribes, they won't have any relevance on the grand scheme of things

>Also I think that Pharoahs are like half-undead and half-gods. Maybe the Pharoahs wield Divine, but are 'outside the system' so to speak.
>I wonder then if there is room then for a faction of Pharaoh Knights who are anti-corruption, but not Order aligned.
THIS, I NEED THIS

depends of how the monstergirl killed the animal, I imagine slingshots would bring better products than arrow shots, unless it's by shearing their coats, which would make the price rise due to being a seasonal product

>Pharaoh Knights who are anti-corruption, but not Order aligned.
Ayyy

>depends of how the monstergirl killed the animal,
Right, and we're hunting the most dangerous game, aka Monstergirls? How much you think say, one of them dragongirl pelts would go for?

>unless it's by shearing their coats, which would make the price rise due to being a seasonal product
>MFW the true road to banking money is being a monstergirl town's hairdresser

Delve deep into her loving embrace and become utterly and irrevocably her's.

You're... you're not wrong, user. You'd probably have to learn how to properly care for scales as much as hair though, if someone comes in to your establishment and wants her scales touched up you can't turn away all that business.

>Sober + consent = sex
If it's a doppelganger who tricks you into having sex with her under the false pretense she's someone else then it's still rape.

>the Revenge of the Nerds switcheroo argument

That's why doppelgangers no doubt have the highest rates of spousal abuse

I forget, did Khalida ever have a love interest?

Hellhounds are such wonderful monster girls.

>turned the pentagram into a flower
>bedazzled it
>hearts
>the bow

FURFAGS ARE NOT MONSTER GIRLS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>hairdressers
>scale exfoliators
>pelt shearers
>molten feather collectors
it's a Brave New (Fashion) World

>running a game based on Everyday Life with Monster Girls
>player characters are monster girls with the caveat of living with their hos families
>main bad guy is a human mad scientist sex weirdo with pic related as his motivation
>he becomes obsessed with pushing lewd technology to the limit on the monster girls he kidnaps (usually with strategic use of charm, a super-tazer, and a trolley)
I'm excited. Any of you guys running any monster girl games (or games WITH monster girls)?

Don't worry user, their own natural impulses will take care of that.
She'll be dating a boy normally and being all happy, and then pounce on him to begin the proactive part of said date without realizing what she's even really doing.
But you're right, they need to know and he ready for what their own physiology will do to them.

I think it should be split thusly-

arcane, generic magic anyone can use, needs a catalyst like a wand, staff, or time

Divine powers and blessings granted by the gods. Prevelant in angels, holy warriors and heroes.

Profane, demonic magic fueled by corruption.
Of course.

I misunderstand your question though- why would untamed wilderness be a problem? Many civilizations lived in untamed wilderness.

There's a homebrew created in this very thread that is in playtesting currently, so I guess that counts.

If you're going to keep posting that image, at least find the original version and not one with shitty mobileposter text below it.

Nah, just getting those DoK and trying to worm them into my Araby empire army.

Why no order-aligned trading city-states?

Also how good at hunting are early firearms?
Since Pharoahs are loosely aligned, perhaps these Pharoah Knights would be like some transnational knightly order, wandering the sands to help Pharoah states.

They are small for now, but are sent to deal with crises and improve relations and infrastructure.
Collecting shed monster scales could be quite good for business. They could be used either for armor or alchemical ingredients.

What if there are monster scholars looking how to clone organs so you can still use stuff like dragon heartstrings or bones without having to kill said monster?
But I’m lazy.

I think the not-egyptian rulers should have the notion that they must save humanity from monsters and corruption by ruling over them eventually. However many turn to showing humans that they alone can save them rather than purely conquering human lands. Humans in said lands do not pay taxes but have a tithe of priests being recruited from men to serve them.

See, this is worse than just rape. It's violent blackmailing. The only way this makes sense is if men have no rights in the MGEverse.

>Yeah we like girls covered in fur but we aren't furries!
???

Only married men have rights.
Bachelors are morsels waiting to get claimed.

so what's their backstory, how would to flesh them out?
so far, ancient culture that died out, but really went to slumber, do they have a deity of their own? or do these pharaohs tap power from some ancient energy predating the times of the holy vs demon wars?
also, it's inhabitants, do they live sequestered under the protection of the pharao's influence, or do they engage in trade, possibly to keep up with current develompents?
if there are Apophis ruled lands, do they have skirmishes or are landlocked?

because so far, every civilization mentioned has been pushed to be Order aligned, why can't there be neutral ones, no matter how small they are?
not to mention it effectively downplays any attempt to have a third or fourth power from springing up because everything is under the influence of the Order (Zipangu and Mist Continent notwithstanding)

so, girls that don't shave are considered furries?

Maybe. I’m imagining all the fallen empires once coexisted with monsters (namely golems and beastfolk) and are seeking to return to that era, free of gods, though perhaps with living god-kings/queens.

Right now the Pharoahs are just getting their bearings, but are slowly starting to organize. The fact they have a but-ton of gold, and can materialize springs from nothing attracts a lot of followers.

The Order isn’t paying much attention since most of the continent is so poor, and are more focused on the demon-Lords invasion in the north.
Rights or poon. Pick one.

If it grows that thick, then yes.

>Only married men have rights.
Clearly not, given they apparently get digested into eggs or some other gay shit.

Kaiju monsters don't have societies, as such neither they nor their husbands have rights.
But of you live in an orc tribe you have a right to not get beaten, raped (except by your wife), and can even own your own stuff.

>some other gay shit
no user, no gay, only Alp, or MFF threesomes

>you have a right to not get beaten, raped (except by your wife),
Except that the High Orc can forcibly claim you whenever and force you to huff her sweaty armpits and feet because apparently that's how orc society works.

>Except that the High Orc can forcibly claim you whenever and force you to huff her sweaty armpits and feet because apparently that's how orc society works.
is that a thing?

Are there any shelters for abandoned monsters where you can pick up girls desperate for owners?

If it has a pussy, no dick, and fertile ovaries then it's not gay.
Then again, you don't have a choice since it's always rape o'clock.

And why wouldn't the high orc not just simply do that with her husband?

It’s like ketchup. A burger without ketchup is boring. A burger with ketchup is good. A burger with only ketchup misses the point.
See-I figure they engage with other nearby areas for friendly trade though, and probably they have light skirmishes with apophis states.

Also I say most civs are Order-aligned because the gods are real and very controlling. Hence I’d think most civs would worship the gods, especially since they do get tangible boons from said worship. Also I like the idea of deser civ having the Christian analogue religion.

But how about we talk different religions?

So far we have the order which is a Catholic/Classical Pagan hybrid, which is the largest and most powerful religion.

Folk Religion that worships either local spirits or even monsters, but often not excluding the Gods. I expect this to be mostly what Zipangu does, and in areas further from the Orders reach.

Chaos Cultists who are largely harmless fantasy Mormons. Aligned to neither the demon Lord or Order.

In MGE the Monsters don’t worship the Demon Lord, with the Sabbath being the closest secular equivelent. I say we reform that- the Demon Lord, her Husband and Lilim are worshipped as secular saints, backed by the Fallen God who backed her ploy to change the world, with Sabbath being a popular sect. The religion is largely informal.

We have Elemental nature worshippers out there, tolerated by the Order save for the heretical corrupt elemental worshippers.

Fallen Empire religion I detailed earlier.

Dragon Worship needs to be a thing.

Various cults based on the generation of specific monstergirls.

And I like to think Beastfolk have religions based on astronomy (like Werewolves worship the moon).

They went into slumber to arise as gods in order to purge the land of the demon lords who were salting the earth and murdering their people. However in their absence the land died and turned to sand. The spread of corruption raised their bodies, but failed to turn them into actual monstergirls due to their accumulation of power, thus there can be males. They can create forces from their dead servants who were entombed with them but can only create as many pure spirit energy fueled undead as they can channel in comparison to their ability to manipulate spirit energy. These undead run on fragments of the Pharaoh's own spirit. They still have their notions of being rulers of men and they watch over human settlements with undead guards and armies. The entire structure is partly a hivemind due to the powers of the Pharaohs. A cold war exists between them and monster girl pharaohs and they attack on sight any Aphophis agents or forces. The soldiers which fall turn into undead monstergirls but the more powerful ones such as the lords and captains who have retained their own minds and personalities if male become incubi. Essentially human souls in preserved bodies, very similar to uncorrupted ghosts.

Look up high orcs.
Because all "husbands" in the high orc's tribe belong to her and she asserts her domination over them and the orcs that raped them with her weird smell fetish.

There needs to be.

I would think a lot of them would either be sold into slavery or domestic servitude, but a lot of them would be into it.

No, it's more like someone calling themselves a vegetarian while still eating chicken, eggs, and fish.

No, you just have to find a wandering kobold, kikimora, nureonago, or nekomata and let them in.
It's a cold harsh world for them, since their instincts drive then away from home into a long and ardous journey like so many other monsters.
But they cannot simply make marauding warbands and take their man by force, instead they need to earn their place in their chosen man's home. And then rape him by force.

I find cat ears cute. Occasionally even snouts. But fur is a turnoff, and so is overly accurate genitalia, like a cow udder instead of just big breasts. So it’s a matter of degrees, like seasoning (or ketchup) I find the appropriate amount spices things up, makes it more appealing, but too much and it obscures the thing I wanted to have in the first place.

Are there maid academies teaching young monstergirls how to act as proper servants for their masters?

I don't see a tribe like you describe lasting for long before someone sticks a knife in her back for taking what didn't belong to her.

That's sad. My doors would be always open to wandering girl.

I imagine monsters are overly paranoid of manstealers. But I also imagine they are pretty cool with harems. So long as the Chief isn’t trying to take multiple husbands she should be fine.

It’s also stated in supplementary materials monstergirls will form bands to liberate men from overly greedy monsters (for themselves of course).

>mermaids of the Sea of Knights are a strange bunch. Disregarding their odd fondness for hair dyes, black scale polish and their songs sounding suspiciously like funeral dirges, they are just as gentle as their other kin and have become a common sight in some villages through trade and intermarriage. There are a few visitors that have complaints with them, namely the choirs they gather in on nights of the full moon at the guidance of their local Sea Bishop. The songs are not as mournful as they usually are but visiting mermaids are often confused at how hauntingly alien they sound. Still others are disturbed to feel some niggling familiarity despite never having lived here in their lives.

>while often regarded as pests, there are many a hardened sea captain that has taken a merrow as a bride and received the magically protected hats they’ve had since birth. In these waters, the merrow are usually chased off by other monsters and have far more free time for fashion, leading to many a captain sporting elaborate works of art on their heads. Going out to sea is a wearisome affair for many sailors, as their captains have to be forcefully made to board the ship while they shout about passionate reunions with their weeping wives.

I hope reincarnation is a thing and I'm born in a better time and place someday.

They obviously get a lot of training growing up from their mom, but a dedicated Kiki academy of maids in a more civilized monster kingdom makes sense of there's enough of the buggers.

And I want them to have the most anime view of maids.

Like Maids to a monstergirl is a combination of a Knight, Spy, Asssassin, Domestic Servant, and Bodyguard.
I am loving the idea of goth mermaids.

>goth mermaids singing funeral dirges
Can there be a subtype, like I dunno, dolphin mermaid packs that create music with their ripples and skips/breaches in search for men?

When they race after ships it sounds like this youtube.com/watch?v=npmnjoDYpiQ

They armpit stank has mindcontrol/aphrodisiac pheromones

>But fur is a turnoff,
And yet you fags constantly want over hellhounds and anubises