/RGT/ - Robinhood general thread

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

What's a good ETF for someone looking to do their first investment ?

I'm interested in mid-term gains (6-12 months).

What a terrible start…

Anyways, can I suggest we talk about the
>NEXT BIG THING
in 2018?
Sure, we all love flipping some shit short term, before it goes bust, but what is the HODL thing for 2018?
For 2017 it was weed and lithium for me. Still got a few reds in my portfolio, but also quite a few 100% to 200% gainers.
What do I do now?
Maybe add some cobalt to my lithium, but I probably should have done that already.
Maybe some more weeds, but I'm already not too diversiefied, so I'd rather not.
I do believe in a great future for the private space industry, but fuck me if I found any way to invest in that.

Oooh early thread, I like it.

TEUM today, see you boys on the mooooooooon.

AMD being memey, wanna make some bagholders?

I'll say it for the last time, MCB. The bank of coinbase figure it out.

>What's a good ETF for someone looking to do their first investment ?
Whatever that's diversified and not too specfic. Ie:
SP500 ETF: good (apart from the "fuck, that fucker might correct any minute now" risk)
Florida Furniture Factories ETF: bad (only small region, only one industry)
>I'm interested in mid-term gains (6-12 months).
>mid-term
>6-12 months
Uhm, this is not crypto. That's short term, unless you are a pro, but given that you are on a birmingham-buxom-bottoms forum, you are probably not.
For some high risk/high reward stuff (which is most of the things in rhg) that time frame makes sense, but with a "boring" ETF, you are looking at years.
Even with some high risk/reward ETFs (i.e. tech industry or something) your bank will tell you that you should plan to keep those for at least 5 to 10 years.

bought 25 shares of scana yesterday and they were bought by dominion energy today.

making a killing in igc and srra for months.
and i'll keep telling you about it while it keeps happening.

ugh
this boomer investing might not be for me

To the user I told not to buy TEUM, I am sorry I fucked up

is TEUM going to take off?

VMIN

It's all about diversifying.
some "i don't really care" money in crypto,
some "whatever" money in high risk stuff,
some "I don't need it for a few years" money in the rest.
And you can have fun with boomer investing. Pic related.

ALL IN $TEUM

>Florida Furniture Factories ETF
are you fucking serious right now

AMD is elite

So elite they lost like 40% of their value over the past few months

You AMD fuckers never change.

I suck so hard at this. Put in a sell order for AMD at +5% Friday. Sold Monday morning, still going up.

wtf is RAD doing???

Stuck with RIOT bags. Will it ever go back up?

mjx hold of the year. cap this
weed is gonna be the winner

DELETE THIS

In the same boat my boy, shit is COMFY

Thanks for pumping my VGR

Seriously, the 1 year is insane. Up 30% and the recent pop makes it look horizontal by comparison. I've made 7% so far and I bought it yesterday.
Why the fuck? Shit is scary.

What memes are we buying today?

INVEST IN SUPER MALE VITALITY SO YOU CAN HAVE A RAGING BONER WHILE YOU TRADE.

CEO of RIOT sold a bunch of his shares yesterday. Find a safer place for your money. May I suggest MCB? It's the bank of coinbase. SRAX has a crypto dividend coming, and SSC has a McMahon employed. All three I feel better about than RIOT at it's current levels. And this is someone who rode RIOT from $7 to $15.

forget an etf, go brk.b
brk.a when you're richer

MARA

MJX:
Here's a chart for MCOA, marijuana company of america, that was on the market back in 2012 Nov, when colorado legalized. There was a brief pop and then it flatlined for years.
Is the commiefornia thing going to sustain this upward inertia? It's a way bigger market and people there are more weed crazy. So is MJX a long term thing or is this just a brief moonshot and a flatline?

lol dude weed

DCIX ?

Short 20 year treasury bonds! TBT is going to be the investment vehicle that takes us out of poverty chat and strait to that place in the sky where all the good tripfags go to trade.

I saw that he sold a bunch of shares which makes me think it will never go back up but I realy don't want to sell at a loss.

I have SSC. Thanks for the suggestions.

Do they let any fucking Autistic idiot into college these days?

hi guys how do i buy bitcoin?>

A and B go up at the same rate though

Sold X yesterday after the climb. It's predictably sinking today. How can one stock be so based?

I love BRK.B man. Comfy gains better than SPY/DIA. It's 20% of my portfolio and has been good to me.

Selling at a loss is a hard pill to swallow but the only way to grow as a trader. Good luck and good gains user, it's a new year and we are all gonna make it.

...except bigfiveguy...

Coinbase or Gemini. Buy Ether and transfer it onto Binance or Kucoin if you want to trade alts. Sieg!

yeah, that was a tough lesson to learn but a couple of 60%+ losers taught me the hard way. Things don't always rebound

>buy brk.b
>buffet dies the next day

>tfw you sell out of a position with good profits and next day the stock keeps going

fucking POTN

XXII!!

>taking a profit
>not just holding forever and jerking off to your imaginary gains for years and killing yourself when the market finally crashes

>implying i don't jerk off to my imaginary gains on bad days when im down

My opinion on the whole pot thing is that we are profiting off of the liberal's stupidity. I mean if somebody is going to profit off of these people destroying their lives it should be me and not the democratic party. The worst part though is after they're finished fucking up their bodies and brains they're going to need gib me dats and somebody who can clean the snot from their noes and wipe their ass for them... It's a shame that's where the democratic party has to come in again. Can't let those who can't think for them selves or take care of them selves not have a say in how people with wealth need to give their wealth to people who couldn't do a damn thing for them selves in their entire lives. I'm riding the fucking wave this is unbelievable, but just wait these 2nd hand marijuanna smoke law suits are coming. "His company made me fail my drug test for my multi-million dollar a year job, I want my gib me dats for 10 years of lost pay". I'd be loading up on insuance if I was a legal pot dealer. Wait till the feds get involved with the whole, "The way the 2nd hand marijuana smoke oppressed me violated my civil rights." "The 2nd hand marijuana smoke caused the sexual assault which led to the birth of my autistic kid. I need all the child support including his Rx for medical marijuana!" I mean the list goes on and on....

Wow robinhood generals are still a thing ? I thought all the cryptofags drove you out.

>implying that shit isn't already going on with peoples shitty diet on food stamps, the shitty diet that big corporations have lobbied the government to promote

>Wow robinhood generals are still a thing ?

Nothing of value happens here anymore. It's a cesspool of tripfags, shilling, and /pol/.

I only come here out of habit, which I need to break.

Only here because im too dumb and scared to go all in on crypto eventhough all the alts ive been watching are exploding. It hurts

>implying we haven't been here every market day for the past 2 years
>implying none of us trade crypto right as the market closes
>implying none of us contribute to the shitposting in crypto breads

Ehh without the lower class willing to wagecuck for nearly nothing this world would suck.

In the libertarian paradise a fucking cheeseburger costs 5000$ minimum lol

I often say similar, we as a nation need to have a conversation about the long term affects. By legalizing drugs we are sanctioning the use. If we do this, we need to announce loudly that if you go down the dirty slope of drug use, there will be no bailout. I'm talking amendment level announcement. Can't just be a free for all. There must be a message to youngsters that this isn't all rosey.

Video games are way more damaging to society than weed can ever become.

anyone else became /amd/ bagholder today?

Let me guess, you're getting ready to post a link to a certain discord

wrong. weed literally adds chemical in your brain that causes your neurons to misfire AND creates dopamine dependency. video games is just dopamine dependency.

This is why I'm invested in TTWO and ATVI. Seen videogame addiction destroy more lives than weed for sure.

>there's still people ITT that haven't bought AMRS

So, is January going to be kind to Biotech? I heard even the 90 dollar mark was undervalued for this etf and earning reports are starting in weeks.

Sell or hold?

rundown on AMRS?

marijuana used to be legal before dupont caused the reefer madness hysteria

No, that place is even worse.

what happend to kungfu in the otc markets? i quit browsing months ago

$AMRS another +% day?

will gold do its annual/cyclical moon?

No reason to, last time with the Duestche Bank impending collapse was enough to moon it but nothing like that atm.

Fed minutes about to be released in about 3 hours. May impact the Dollar Index and gold. If there's still significant concerns over lack of inflation, that may cause gold to move higher.

Gold currently has some very strong support near the 1313 level. I think bulls are eager to push higher, given any opportunity to do so (like continued weakness in the dollar index).

thanks anons.

also, taking nice WATT gains, may cash half out, hodl other half til CES

Angry out of touch boomers detected

fucking $AMRS .... gota keep this up on a daily basis.

Literally every etf has had bigger returns over a month as opposed to your shitter bump stock. Stop shilling this, it’s a penny stock at heart.

I bought at 3.30 from user here last month.

Hmmm. Thank you AMRS shillers

I'm ok with this if I can get 20 mil per head of live cattle.

You would've gotten more gains buying the tech dip and MJX last week. AMRS is a pump and dump that can dump any time

I'm up 15% between yesterday and today

>buy amd at 10.50 because of the market call bull runs
>it actually pays out
Im dropping 42 right now to get that instant profit but i have 150 more.
Hopefully it goes up to 13 or 14 before the market call.

DARE up 7%

Damn bags. I'm looking at the economic outlook of the stock, not /pol/. They are degenerates but I don't care. question is, will it go up or flatline?

>the shitty diet that big corporations have lobbied the government to promote
Breh just buy spinach and apples. hurr it's the gummint's fault I'm fat...

Also in TTWO. Get stoned, play vidya, double win for me. Thanks potheads.

>concerns over lack of inflation
But that's a good thing. Inflation destroys wealth. I think the memechart with the tradeoff inflation vs unemployment is total bullshit. We can have a healthy employment level if there's enough jobs for them to do, you don't need inflation, you just need projects, products, and innovation.
Inflation is only good if you have more debt than assets.

>implying AMRS isn't going to be a mega cap company in less than 30 years.

You know what? How did California have all that weed ready to go to market the fucking day it went legal? Doesn't it actually take like 2 weeks from seedling to sapling, 6 weeks to get to a good size, then another 4 weeks of light cycle change to get it to bud. Not that I have any experience in growing pot, but that seems like 3 months to get anything to put in your pipe. I say these new "customers" ie. addicts haven't fully become addicts yet, and we have another 8-10 weeks of growth before an inevitable flat line in earnings.

they just raided a bunch of dispensaries in my area a couple days after christmas.

It takes about 2 months of veg and 2 months of flower for indica, and about 2-3 months of veg and 3-4 months of flowering for sativia

I made more than that this week on my marijuana stock.
Thanks for the advice, skip.
I didnt put 17k into amrs because an idiot on Veeky Forums told me to.
Im thanking the guy who brought it up because it's a great company with a ton of growth coming.

Nah you're just an idiot that fell for the AMRS meme. Not the first and not the last

>They are degenerates but I don't care. question is, will it go up or flatline?
Yup. Only thing that matters.
I'm in MJ with about 17% of my portfolio, seems pretty risky, but I'm wondering if I should add even more, to get a few more moon missions, fuck the consequences.

That's a pretty good idea. Even if they bought from colorado, the supply won't be enough for commiefornia's large market. Probably the next two months would be a climb. After that, who knows.
I'm scared Trump might executive order it all gone though. Hopefully ear to the ground we could get word before the masses do, if that comes to be the case.

>I'm scared Trump might executive order it all gone though.
trump is for legalization. It brings in tax dollars and keeps money from going to mexican cartels. It's sessions you gotta worry about

>tfw we get fucked by old people who probably wont even be alive in 10 years

>All of politics in a nutshell

I think the Mexicans are the ones who are supplying the Californians with the fucking dope to begin with you fucking idiot. This whole sanctuary state non-sense from Jerry Brown is actually facilitating a front for the cartels to spread their poison through out America! Fuck it I'm going to get a bigger piece of it!

Damn I missed the NDVA dip last week. Will tech have a correction this week for another chance to get back in? Or would it just be best to jump in now on the ride up?

>sit behind desk
>start a war
>send 18 year olds to die in war
>leave office and retire with fat retirement check every month

yeah something needs to change in this country

>I think the Mexicans are the ones who are supplying the Californians with the fucking dope to begin with you fucking idiot.
Northern California is like the growing capital of the world. Mexican weed is shit. I know, I grow, and I live in California. You aren't going to find mexican grown marijuana on dispensary shelfs buddy. Also the weed industry is all about network and loyalty. They aren't going to go buy weed from a mexican because it's cheaper they will stay loyal to their connect and once they get their network established it stays like that, it's hard to get your foot in the door as a grower, even if you grow good shit, doesn't mean they will buy it from you because they already have established channels.. and those channels aren't through mexicans, atleast not for weed

AMRS is a long term hold company, although some try to swing trade it...
>AMRS use to be involved in bio-fuels but has pivoted away from this industry and solely focuses now on Synthetic Biology
>Their syn-bio method uses the CRISPR technology and genetically modifies yeast, and through fermentation, allows AMRS to make virtually any chemical compound.
>they currently have skin care products sold under the Bioassane lineup in Sephora and online. Rave reviews from customers and employees
>they also make fragrance compounds that end up being used in perfumes and colognes
>They have a huge partnership with DSM which has helped AMRS navigate into the syn-bio area and also helped with operational expertise and funding/debt.
>AMRS currently makes vitamin product for DSM to be used in feed stock
>AMRS uses artifical intelligence to significantly reduce cost/time of RnD when it comes to finding new compounds to make
>They are part of the DARPA foundries initiative which has a goal of mass producing over 1000 molecules.
>they have secretive patents
>they work with DoD
>bunch more i can't think of now because i need to take a major shit....
>oh yeah, they are working on a Reb M sweetner that doesn't have to rely on the actual Stevia plant. massive market with a beverage company announcement expected at soem point.

tl;dr - AMRS is like buying Dow Du Pont when it first started and leading the disruptive industry of synthetic biology. The FUDers are probably ex bag holders from biofuels time and when this went up to $1 pre-rs or $15 in todays dollars

MJX pulling back. Possible entry soon for those who missed.

Hmm not the last to be up 5k this month, wicked smaht

>affects
Stopped reading, opinion invalid.

We grow the finest weed in the world in California. Why do we need mexican brick weed?

You didn't actually make any money unless you sold. :)

Bought 412 WATTs today, hoping for a CES bump