Why did Dragon Ball TCG die like it did?

Why did Dragon Ball TCG die like it did?
>Anime
>Blacks love it
>Similar mechanics to Yu-Gi-Oh in some regards
Why didn't African Americans flock to it?

Yugioh exists. Blacks already have that.
Tcgs exhibit none of the things that people want out of db. Itd be like making a tcg out of everybody loves raymond.

Yeah it'd be like creating a tcg out of an RPG where you play as a mage and cast spells or out of a cyberpunk setting where you try to hack a megacorp server.

Didn't they already try a Dragon Ball card game years ago?

Yep. I've got almost every card.

yeah and it had a lot more longevity than the super tcg.
super tcg's sets are a complete clusterfuck

How so?

>Dragon Ball TCG
I remember a lot of people including myself collected the cards but had no fucking idea how to play because they didn't sell starter decks with instructions and us kids really didn't consider searching the internet back then

its nothing like yugioh so op has clearly never played at least one of these games

it didn't and all things considered super is doing well, not great but its surviving

went to a arg for super over the weekend had 24 people turnout not bad since locals for card games here that arnt magic or Pokemon get ignored by the bigger shops.

the sets have cards from all over the place.
i would have rather they did saga contained sets like dbz/dbgt did.

I can't imagine a dragon ball tcg being very interesting. There's only like ten characters but with five different hair colors each.

Some people get into TCGs for the aesthetics and these kinds of things.

There have been at least three that I remember. There was the one in the 90s and maybe early 2000s that included cards in DBZ action figures, there was one in the late 2000s that was a clone of the Naruto CCG that was released around the same time, and there's the current Super card game.

It was huge at my local FLGS for a few months and then disappeared just as fast. Not sure what the deal was. Everyone seemed to love it

new sets ruined it and retarded nostalgia hype

>new sets ruined it

How so?

I don't know what the fuck yer talkin' about OP.
DBS has been snowballing at my locals since Union force and shows no sign of stopping.
Personally I find their policy of regularly printing unique promo cards with no plans to RE-print them abhorrent, but that hasn't stopped scores of people in my area from picking up the game.
It's still got it's own banner tab on tcgplayer which is more than I can say for Force-of-Will and I love that game.

Not enough Heroes

>3 of the 4 cards shown are goku
When are they going to stop wanking their MC so hard? Oh I've got a good idea for a plot!
>Bad guy shows up
>Nobody can beat him
>But then Goku beats him!
The show is more predictable than One Punch Man, a parody about boring predictable battle anime. Let someone else fucking win.

What was wrong with the latest DBS set?

Most people I know only play this so they can get the promos to sell, so they can fund their main TCG.

>Pay £6 to enter the tournament
>Get promo and a booster pack

There was at least three iterations before the Super TCG

Original DBZ TCG (Score): 2000 ~ 2006
DB CCG (Bandai): 2008 ~ 2009
DBZ TCG (Panini, which is based on the Score version): 2014 ~ 2016/7
DB Super TCG (Bandai): 2017 ~ ?

I believe Force of Will had its own tab but the game basically imploded so it is now on the sideline just like with FFTCG

needs gohan blanco