Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

GMO Edition

Previous Thread: DoK week
Part 1 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6 (embed) (embed)

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>implying you wouldn't like being a broodfather/mother for harpies or lamias or more elves

Khainism is a religion of peace.

Just let them into your city bigot! They're an order faction.

>Dread Fleet
vampire pirates seems like the logical bet to me too.

>tfw they will never lay their bird/snake eggs in your ass
sad

the models look better than the art

>seraphon update never ever

Why would you even need an update? You have a battletome, allegiance abilities, wide range of units and dozen of comapnies making 3rd party models

It would be nice, but there are a bunch of other factions that are far worse off than Seraphon and need an update a lot more.
I WANT 2 WOUND SAURUS AND NON-SHIT SAURUS BATTLELINE MODELS BRO.

They really do lol

I really want to take a close look to the models once they release them

I'm thinking about making a skirmish and then an army of both SoK and Scourge Privateers

>the most popular faction not getting an update
Yeah, sure.

>inb4 Stormcasts don't count because GW keep pushing them far too much

>being the best army in the game isn't good enough

Saurus are fucking tiny and scrawny compared to most new models. I'm painting the SC! right now, and they do not look like 2W models.

I think the boat thing is probably something death related. Not more elves. That wouldn't make sense with DoK coming out. I'm betting on a Nighthaunt based faction since Death only has three factions right now. Soulblight, LoN and FEC.

Dude, rumours have been saying for months that there's two Elf armies coming around a month or so after each other. One Snek Elves and one some sort of Water Themed Elves. Stop setting yourself up for disappointment.

Keep dreaming, it's Age of Aelfmar here on out.

That's why I feel like they need updated models as well.
Also, Tzaangors, Chaos Warriors, and Ardboys aren't really huge, are they? but they have 2 wounds each. Saurus just seem like they should've had 2 wounds in the first place considering how big they're supposed to be. I wouldn't mind a price hike either if they were made bulkier.
Though I know I shouldn't be complaining since Seraphon are already in a good spot in terms of strength.

Eh, I do finish units. 7 more aelves have the flesh done and once I finish those I'll have 11 done which is a min size unit at least. I just also like to work on varied stuff to avoid losing interest.

I'd love a spooky pirate army but everything points towards Aelves user.

>everything points towards underwater Aelves
and how would that work?

Malekith- god of shadow, lord of Uglu the realm of shadow. Not a lot of crossover here for an underwater theme.

Tyrion/Teclis- god of ligh/magic, lord of Hysh the realm of light. also not a lot of "underwater" theme crossover potential here.

So unless they go with something completely separate from these guys I just dont see how it could be aelves related.

Fluff wise 2 wound Saurus makes sense, but Saurus as they are now are some of the best battleline guys in the game and with more wounds will come a higher point cost.

I think the Seraphon are really good as they are right now. If you need a tough Saurus to get your dick hard just field a hero unit, like a carnosaur or oldblood on foot or sunblood.

This is coming from a Seraphon player even. Learn to play them right and they are really, really good right now.

A model update for Kroxigor would be nice tho.

Malerion, Teclis and Tyrion - they are all gods now

Innsmouth style Deep Ones would actually be pretty cool, but I have a feeling the atlantean elf rumor is probably accurate. We'll see.

So GW has said witch elves are getting some modifications with the new battletome to make them a bit scarier. What do you guys think they'll change?

Anyone got the points values for the Malign Portents harbingers?

Soon

Order 100
Chaos 80
Destruction 80
Death 120

>Malerion, Teclis and Tyrion - they are all gods now

thats actually true

it was in the first lore book for the setting and also mentioned again in the most recent community article for the DoK lore.

tfw dwarves have two new armies but elves only have one new army

pay closer attention to rumors, user

Thanks man. The Knight of Shrouds is pretty nasty, I knew he couldn't be priced the same as the Warqueen, which I already knew was 80.

Points decrease and a 6+ armour save would be my guess. They're already pretty nasty if they get into combat alive, they're just too expensive and too fragile (even for something that should be easy to kill).

I've read rumors about some kind of sea elves, which would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath until there's some hard news. I'm more into wood elves and traditional dark elves, but I doubt we'll see a reboot of them.

The Goblin is really cheap at 80, particularly in MP games where he will reliably get 2 spells, with a reroll every turn, as well as a reroll on his unbind.

He's a nasty little guy.

They will work as an elite battleline unit with a low-count bonus to make their box price reasonable

Anyway, I want to paint my StD dudes dark silver - leadbelcher and heavy nuln oil wash. What would be a good way to make their bases? For now I have a pot of astrogranite but grey/silver models on grey bases would look quite boring. Should I go with a Valhallan Blizzard to break the colour?

It kinda makes sense actually. Dwarves went into the sky, Elves went into the sea.

We know next to nothing about Uglu and Hysh. For all we know there's vast amounts of ocean

I really like the idea of taking the Knight of Shrouds with the Nighthaunt relic that improves the save by one. A 3+ save that can't be modified on a unit that can shrug off failed wounds and mortal wounds on a 6+ and can regenerate wounds with its weapon is mighty tough.

I guess sea elves also kind of make sense from a thematic perspective since Hoeth fell into the ocean, although that's a completely different setting now.

So it looks like people are voting for the skull option - that is "kill all the prophets warning about malign portents"

Skull is in the lead with two days left to vote, however most GW stores are closed monday and tuesday.

This is not going to go well for the mortal realms is it?

Strap your butts in lads, it's time to kill some prophets and get on Nagash's wild ride.

>This saddens the seraphon

astrology is a fraudulent scheme to try and extract money from dumb people

kill the astrologers

>this angers the seraphon

GW aren't letting silly things like "fan opinions" drive their peerless narrative this time. We're getting slapped by Nagash's giant bony cock no matter what we do.

i wish warhammer figures were easier to transport/store

not that I know how that would be done. I love playing with them but moving them around is such a hassle, even with foam boxes

From the wording this seems like we are deciding what the overall free peoples response is - Sigmar knows the Seraphon are likely reading tgese portents and acting accordinly with their own Starseers and Slann.

By the way, with all the seraphon hype in here lately it seems like a good time to ask - is there any source to the 1d4chan page's claim that there are only 5 Slann remaining?

Magnetize as many parts as you can

For anyone wondering this is the current results of voting.

2 days and 9 hours left.

>Establishing temples across the Mortal Realms, the Daughters of Khaine scour the Mortal Realms for blood sacrifice – essential for creating more of their number – and the shards of their god, scattered across the Realms. Morathi claims to speak for Khaine, wielding his unbreakable iron heart, but none know that Morathi’s power is a lie, and Khaine is dead; the prayers that her daughters scream and the ritual offerings they make only serve to enhance her own power, not Khaine’s. Indeed, as long as Morathi bears the last vestiges of his power, there is little hope for his revival.
>as long as Morathi bears the last vestiges of his power, there is little hope for his revival.

Interesting. Guess dude Khainites are not ruled out

Also feel like this is an interesting implication due to Gotrek returning and him more or less mantling Grimnir speaks if his return

Because what's Death to a god?

I'm not finding any proof of there being 5 left other than the Age of Sigmar wiki mentioning only 4 named Slann, but nothing saying there's only 5 left total

Rate my spook list then, anons. I don't have a Mourngul, but it seems like I ought to not get one with the nerf and all.

Allegiance: Nighthaunt
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
- Trait: Cloaked in Shadow
Cairn Wraith (60)
Cairn Wraith (60)
Tomb Banshee (80)
- Artefact: Midnight Tome
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 64

>dude Khainites
already exist

Mournguls got a nerf?

That list is pretty much exactly the one I came up with, but I want to put the relic that improves the taker's save by 1 on the Knight of Shrouds.

Spooky/10

Yeah that's a good relic too, especially since I forgot we can't get mystic shield now.

>samurai Jack the grey knight lost in the warp will be re-materialized into realspace as a dead dwarf god.

do I really have to explain why that is the dumbest idea so far for the setting?

disposessed shitposters are the worst

It's a pretty solid list as far as I can tell since you're using all that Nighthaunts can bring to the table, but it's also fairly inexpensive since there are those box sets that have a kit of hexwraiths, a kit of spirit hosts, and cairn wraith kit all for $55.

Tbh it's so retarded that it's fun as hell. I love the idea of mantling a god anyway. It's Elder Scrolls in the best way.

How is that dumb? Gotty mantled Grimnir before and now Morathi is literally siphoning into the worship of Maine for herself and became a demigod

I'm not even a Duardin player

Actually, that command trait does absolutely nothing RAW with the change to Ethereal. New Ethereal states that you ignore all modifiers -- positive and negative -- to your Save, so Cloaked in Shadow does nothing.

Unless they've come out with an FAQ hotfix on him.

Yeah I actually just saw that. That's basically the entire army. Two of those, a box of spirits, a Banshee and the Knight. Probably less than $150 in all.

Hindered by the fact that not only is my local GW closed Monday and Tuesday, he is apparently having technical issues and can't actually report any points/votes this week.

This is the same reason I dropped out of that 40k one with the planets. Started a new army. painted stuff feverishly to get points each week, then realized when checking the online results that my store hadn't been logging any of it for the last two weeks.

>the worship of Maine
Is Stephen King the most venerated author of her society?

>Probably less than $150 in all.
Mate, the Herald is $35.

Heralds were a mistake

As he should be

That’s be confirmed 6++ and every round they get reroll 1s from certain rolls and this is cumulative
So if you don’t wipe them out quick they’ll be way too tough and ripping you apart

Less than $200ish. Still not bad. That's on par with a lot of other armies.

I guess it I ever get my dick hard for skeletons I can use my other dudes in that army. I'm still kindsa confused as to what a LoN list is supposed to look like really

Rumour suggest it's going to be related to Mathlann.

I love that color scheme. I think I'd throw in some purple highlights as well to bring out the Shyish magic look more.

I want to see what this option give us. Death to seers is the logical best option unless you have scales

Blood themed and bat wings.

Why aren't they death?

Nono, those are army-wide Allegiance ability buffs. Apparently Witch Elves (and IIRC the Cauldron) are getting specific buffs as well.

Wasnt there something about ghost pirates being the next death thing coming out? I could of sworn i saw something about that.

>While the Daughters of Khaine crave bloodshed and murder, they serve alongside the forces of Order – albeit tenuously. As builders of cities and civilisations, the Daughters of Khaine have little truck with the rampaging forces of Destruction, while the cold chill of Death holds little appeal to a race brought back from the brink of extinction. As for Chaos, few hate it more than the Khainites, prosecuting their crusades with particular violence against the servants of Slaanesh

Because no one wants to be death.

>No LoN

Subotimal/10

Would BCR be cool working with Stormcast cause they're made of lightning and Seraphon cause they're made of memories?

Gonna laugh my ass off if they built up these herald models just for them to be killed immediately and gutted from the rest of the campaign.

I thought Destruction made more sense, but they wouldn't be cool chilling with Ogres, Snotlings, and Orcs.

I was considering doing the oxide wash first, then doing the dark grey, so the green shows through the black in spots and still looks ghosty.

This is my current favorite color scheme though.

Looking it up it looks like my vote for drake didn't go through either

They want to slaughter in nice comfy cities, not a battlefield.
Last time Sigmar allied with violent shitheads like them they fucked up everything so let's see how the clearly evil cult of murder and blood fuck it up for him in their stead.

> As builders of cities and civilisations

What are the people in shyish doing?
What is Nagashizzar?
Why is he called the undying KING?

This distinction makes no sense other than they don't want to expand the other GA.

if witch elves dont pick up some rend or get access to mortal wounds theyll still suck just as hard as they did before.

not long ago they could get a 5+ ward proc off of multiple cauldrons till that got nerfed.

witche elves are currently shit tier bottom of the barrel. They will need a lot more than a 6+ ward to make them good.

The distinction is if you're Death, Nagash is going to claim you. The living of Shyish are accidental to him, and he WILL kill them all to turn into undead once he wins. He doesn't care for civilization, he cares about worship.

>They want to slaughter in nice comfy cities, not a battlefield.

How is that any different than Vampires?
Most of those fuckers are counts in pimp ass castles, just chilling and hunting peasants.

They love civilization too, it's the best way to raise their livestock, why aren't they order?

except he has a living cult, Necromancers and builds cities as well.

Nagash actually doesn't even hate the living, he just wants his tithe.

You could argue he hates the gods and immortals more because they steal/deny his due.

I wish they had released new models for FEC. The ones they have are just so...underwhelming. They're like Fyreslayers in that they all look the damn same. It's really disheartening.

How are FEC competitively? Can they compete at all with high tier stuff?

it's about the endgame

order wants to beat chaos and preserve the universe, chaos wants to beat order and destroy the universe, death wants, well, death/souls (which requires the universe exists), and destruction just wants to smash things

Because the undead are owned by nagash. Zombies/skeletons can be commanded to build cities, castles, shrines, or whatever else. But they're still dead and their souls are owned by a single supreme being.

>Nagash actually doesn't even hate the living, he just wants his tithe.

He doesn't hate them, he hates the mess they bring with them. Malign Portents and the LoN book leave no doubts as to his ultimate plan, which is eternity of undeath, with him as the only ruler and god.

1. Maybe, as some form of extreme mercenaries, very unlikely though. Maybe they'd help them fight Chaos or something? Don't really think BCR care who they fight alongside as long as theres a good fight

2. Stormcast aren't made of Lightning

Vampires want to drink the blood, not use it for horrible blood rituals to make Morathi's obsession with anime bear fruit.

They're high mid tier at best

What would you guys say is the best army to collect as a new player?

This image offends me sir, if you think BCR can kill off half your army in one turn like a mumakil can.

i hope witch elves get a buff for running in small squads. their box cost is ridiculously inflated

>But they're still dead and their souls are owned by a single supreme being.

That doesn't change if your order either, meatbags.

Only Sigmar and Chaos gods can pluck champions away from Nagash and, even then, only small numbers. And only until the great pyramid is complete.

>if this unit is 5 or less models, you get +1 to hit and your enemy can't make saving throws

Stormcast unfortunately