Flames of War: Not Christ but Lazarus edition

we can do this guys, please post in the day if you can....

/fowtg/

Flames of War SCANS database:
mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current Veeky Forums fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
panzerfunk.podbean.com/

vimeo.com/128373915

flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
strawpoll.me/4896764

DISCORD
discord.gg/drZbxvm

docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing an "i want to get a starter set" for late war.

Other urls found in this thread:

panzerfunk.podbean.com/e/panzerfunk-episode-23-the-quest-for-relevancy/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-produced_rotorcraft
flamesofwar.com/DesktopModules/Store/Thumbnail.aspx?IP=~/Portals/0/all_images/ArmiesOfLateWar/SUAB08.jpg&IW=710&IH=400
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

any chance we can get the command cards scanned soon? thinking of getting a MW Panzer list made, so want to see what options there are

didn't we have a pic series?
did anyone save that?

not that seen in the scan collection.

So what is everyone up to?

I bought some more StuGs and I'm gearing up for Natcon where I'll play all three periods at once.

I need to finish painting my stuff now that I'm playing again. Got to finish my arty crews and my Semoventes.

Also working on transferring my P3 paints that I use on my Italians to dropper bottles.

Mostly, I’ve been working on editing Panzerfunk. I should have the finished episode ready to post tomorrow. It’s already taken me way too damn long to do.

I’ve also been building several Zvezda kits. I got the Maus and Jagdtiger kits for Christmas, and have only recently got around to building them.

I remember seeing them, but I don’t remember if I saved them or not. I’m honestly not a fan of the entire Command Card concept.

Fucking Pathfinder.
also, i have found a girl who takes up some timeslots. so....

in good news, my V4 forces will see action soon....they've been base-painted for forever.
i'm also finishing various mini projects. looking at getting a Bolt-Action Wirbelwind, and some GuP 15mm is up on the docket soon. Flames of War is suffering due to a lack of historical players sticking to their guns....

Not into FoW yet. I'm looking at Finland, are there any good/free resources?

Grey Wolf Revised
(Eastern Front is OOP, and a V4 is going to be TM SOON)
there was a Lapland PDF....here, lemme....

What era? Rising Sun for EW, Grey Wolf for Late, and Eastern Front for Mid.

Built a new computer and actually playing the game. Had a fun game against another new guys Brits and boy Grants are rough but even rougher is your marders failing 4/4 firepower checks.
>Pathfinder
It was good when it came out but you gotta play other games man.
Did you still need help with a list? You never got back to me in the last thread.

>Did you still need help with a list?
Nah, I got one figured out. Thanks, though!

It'll be interesting to have such small infantry platoons, but I'm hoping that the being hit on 4+ will make them a little more survivable.

thanks bartosz. this will help me check it out and maybe when im actually have disposable income i will make someone cry due to winter 900 IQ elite tactical plays

Just get all those tiny teams into buildings and drink tears.

Sadly our terrain selection is fairly bereft of 15mm buildings.

One day I'm just gonna buy a shit ton of the battlefield in a box stuff.

Anything that forces a cross check then, bring every 47mm gun you have.

I've got my 4 man packed 47mm guns plus three M14/41s.

I have zero idea what Bartosz is bringing, though.

>only 4 47mm guns
Well you should get another 4 when they come out. You may also want to use your 102s as Lancias

I may just buy another platoon worth in the future.

I have a pair of 88's already. I plan to buy either two boxes of Lancias or just four non-lancia 90/53s to use in place of 88's.

I also plan to have more M14/41s in the future when I can get the starter.

You can also play your 88s as single teams now as well.

Building some Zvezda kits for TANKS!, stuff that isn't in the game yet like KV-1, KV-2, T-35...

I am also trying to put my meager understanding of statistics to work trying to decode the points system in TANKS! so I can accurately stat my models. Multiple Regression Analysis is fun lads! Just ignore the ISU-152 for the outlier it is.

My fucking sides
>came from IKEA
don't talk shit about my waifu

>pic
>west germany ~80s
I want to make my TY terrain more grey and brutalistic. I think the official terrain is too colorful.
>grew up in brutalistic concrete west euro country
Shutup it has n-nothing to do with that

The New Episode of Panzerfunk is now Available!

panzerfunk.podbean.com/e/panzerfunk-episode-23-the-quest-for-relevancy/

Panzerfunk Episode 23: The Quest for Relevancy!

In this Episode, the Funkmeisters do their best to complete the Quest for Relevancy and get caught up with all the recent Hobby News, as well as all the recent book releases for Flames of War and Team Yankee.

The topics discussed include:

- Intro and Recent Hobby Activities (00:00 to 22:01)
- Recent Hobby News: Including The Plastic Soldier Company buying Armies Army, the death of WWPD, and the Battlefront 2018 Video (22:01 to 1:03:14)
- A review of Stripes, the expanded American forces book for Team Yankee (1:04:01 to 1:48:56)
- A review of Armies or Late War and the new Late War starter boxes (1:49:40 to 2:23:34)
- A brief look at Avanti, the new Italian forces book for Mid-War (2:23:34 to 2:37:09)

Working on some more German infantyr in tropical uniforms so I can field those in all three eras, plus some of the new Italian tanks.

I could probably try and get some pics tomorrow for the German, British and Italian cards.
Need to sleeve mine anyway.

damn, and i have stuff to do tonight!

No you don't

>Pathfinder
dude, it's a plague upon good roleplaying, worse because i found some non-SJW's who like Sabaton and Guns to play with, and they'd rather stick w' one system....

wow, my Tankfu is not present...
anyway....
>Fundamentalist, Literal reject, Tease, Hyperslut
these are not bad things...
>Loli, Behind the Times, Disloyal, Always late,
hue hue hue, i see what you did there

it's better because i dropped out , leaving a section as a suprise....

You got M14/41 points wrong reee!

Also we need to get Bartosz a better mic.

>pathfinder
Pick up WHFRP second edition my dude. I am sure they will like it.

Honestly, I think it’s his connection as much as anything else.

Every episode we try to troubleshoot his audio issues, and it doesn’t get much better than where we have it.

Then again, none of the crew are experts on microphones, recording equipment, or internet connections, so we really aren’t all that knowledgeable about what needs to be done to fix the issue.

holy fuck my audio....
shit Eagles, you can email me about this shit....
i need to really fix that.

i'm beggining to think it's my mic discipline, not my mic. but, you may be right....

I honestly didn’t think it was that bad. It’s certainly been worse in the past.

But maybe I’ve developed an ear for it.

*shrug*

>wow, my Tankfu is not present...
My main tankfu (Challenger) is missing, as is her younger sister (Comet), but her older sister is a hyperactive slut. I'd probably go with "Horseface" for Challenger (longer than probably needed do to quick nature of the build). Can't come up with a good one for Comet that isn't just stealing it from Pershing.

Fourth in line would be "psychotic teaboo midget" if she was on there, since 7 ton glider-borne tank made by the US and only used by the brits.

>but her older sister is a hyperactive slut.
the kind of woman you want to meet on a lazy summer where you have plans.....

>going to Normandy, sweetcakes?

Why BMP companies in TY do not have infantry carried guided missiles?
I think they should have AT-7 metis missiles.

Well the launchers are mounted on the BMPs already.

Battalion AT platoon is conspicuously absent. Ditto for the integral ATGM teams the BTR companies should have.

Isn't that represented by the 2 optional fagot team add ons you can only take with the BTR company?

TY is not exactly about historical accuracy. Not even any Mi-8s - the most widely used military transport helicopter in the Soviet Union.

>Why do BMP companies not get dismounted ATGMs?
Because they didn't have them in reality. The BMPs carried more than enough ATGMs to support the company, so there was no reason to add dismounts.

The user is talking about why there are no extra dismounted ATGM teams, but you are correct.

>Battalion AT platoon is conspicuously absent.
The Motor Rifle Battalion (BTR) anti-tank platoon (4x dismount ATGMs & 2x RRs) is substituted with BRDM-2s mounting ATGMs in TY (which the MRB (BMP) also gets access to for some reason).

>Ditto for the integral ATGM teams the BTR companies should have.
As says, the option is there, although it should be 3 optional ATGMs for historical accuracy.

>Not even any Mi-8s - the most widely used military transport helicopter in the Soviet Union.
I think you mean the most produced helicopter in the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-produced_rotorcraft

Everyone outside the first world (ie non-NATO) used/uses Mi-8/17s.

Classic Battlefront Quality Control

>The M60 is indeed an AA MG
>The M60 is an AA MG
>Phil, wut?

I think he’s talking about the machine gun on the M60 Patton tank, not the M60 machine gun.

yes, and the tank is also not an AA MG. Maybe I should have went one step further
>The M60 is an MG
>The Patton is an MG

got new memes in mail

If Phil actually read the guys initial post he would have been clear on that. Glad to see Battlefront are staying "engaged" with the community via Facebook. The post will be buried before its even answered.

The forums were no better.

The search function didn’t even work, and every self-important ego maniac had their own two cents to add into the conversation.

Doing a combined German/Italian force?

assembly done

kinda ye, started out as italians with a german allied formation, but I kinda got interested in afrika korps too so im getting more stuff for them too now

>As 58094896 says, the option is there, although it should be 3 optional ATGMs for historical accuracy

No, user you are in this instance wrong. The BTR company should have 3 AT7 Saxhorns, the Spigots you get as optionals would be from the not existant AT platoon.

And here are where the spigots would be drawn from the AT platoon.

And for good measure the whole battalion TOE.
Note that the optional grenade launcher upgrades are from what would otherwise be an entire unit of the fucking things.

>Not using pure, Italian, tanks.
Why even bother?

Clearly he felt like having German Pasta.
Wait.
Do the Germans even make pasta?
Was the entire alliance with Mussolini strictly for the macaroni?

is the russian starter box any good for a noob in flames of war.

flamesofwar.com/DesktopModules/Store/Thumbnail.aspx?IP=~/Portals/0/all_images/ArmiesOfLateWar/SUAB08.jpg&IW=710&IH=400

Not really. The IS is mediocre and V4 has made the ISU terrible.

thx user!, any tip for spending 100$ in a russian starting army?

I see you also have a pdf of FM-100-2-3. Nice.

I am not mistaken though. The BTR company in-game has no ATGMs as-is, so the available ATGMs most likely come from the company weapons platoon, not the battalion anti-tank platoon. Also recall that in TY the battalion AT platoon is substituted with a BRDM-ATGM platoon, so there are no man-portable ATGM launchers for it to give to the BTR companies.

I will say that I do not disagree with BFs choice to leave the organic weapons platoon (sans MGs) as an option to be included or excluded as preferred. Just as I do not disagree with the choice to take a unit as understrength in infantry/vehicles, or formations as understrength in sub-units. Though I do wish they made all the support units (ie PKMs) optional so you could best customize your force.

If you want to say that they are unhistorical because they use AT-4s instead of AT-7s then I won't argue. I'm just counting the number of ATGMs and their likely source, not the types.

Despite 4 of the tanks being a relative waste, you still get 4 good AT or artillery guns and 7 good tanks. Those will normally run you about $100 from battlefront, so you're not actually paying more fir the useful parts, and you're getting the rules and cards for free. As well as two assault gun paperweights and some dubious heavy heavy tanks.

Note though that this assumes you want the battlefront models. If you're opn to third party models (can't copyright WWII!), Plastic Soldier makes pretty good T-34s. 2-3 boxes of those will give you 10-15 tanks, then you can get infantry and guns to round it out for around $100.

thx again!!!

I suppose my whole gripe boils down to the company weapons platoon being be optional, the omission and replacement of the AT platoon, and using the wrong equipment to boot.

I don't know what drove them to deviate from the actual organization so heavily other than lol CHEERS/PACT spam.

You cracked the code!

>Do the Germans even make pasta?

They have something called spätzle, which is mostly a southern German food.

Pic related.

>the company weapons platoon being be optional
Again, not a problem in my eyes. I think you may agree if you view it as "I have an option" compared to "it's not default".

>the omission/replacement of the AT platoon
They likely did it because adding the turret to a BRDM-2 is easier than making more infantry figs (SPG-9/AT-7).

>using the wrong equipment
Again, they probably did it so they can make as few new models as possible. You can give every PACT infantry company from Soviets to Bulgarians AT-4s since almost everyone had them and because AT-7s had similar penetration albeit with a shorter range.

I'm fine with them replacing equipment with something similar, my problem is with the equipment missing entirely, like light tanks (PT-76), Mortars, and transport helicopters (Mi-8), although missing formations is the biggest problem (imagine having AGS grenade platoons in BTR Battalions, or recon battalions in general)

>They likely did it because adding the turret to a BRDM-2 is easier than making more infantry figs (SPG-9/AT-7).
>Again, they probably did it so they can make as few new models as possible
But then they went and made spoiled it by making 3 separate BRDM kits instead of one.

>my problem is with the equipment missing entirely, like light tanks
I totally agree with you on the missing equipment and formations.

Yeah, the split BRDM kits made everyone angry.

Is your FM100-2-3 published 1985? I cant find any except that published in 1991.

There is none from 1985, closest is 1984, after which comes 1991. Since information is slow to leak out from the USSR, you can assume that the information in the 1991 versions is relevant for 1985.

A thing, what I have made. With assistance from Liao.

I may have found a good solution of the TANKS! point system?

Base Cost: -23.35
Initiative: 1.25 each
Attack: 4.6 each
Defense: 5.75 each
Damage Cap: 1.9 each

Assault Gun: -1.4
Fast: 3.3
Heavy: -0.3
Big Gun: 6.15
Cautious 0.1
Wheeled 0.9
Artillery: 1.85
Recon: 3.1
Hull Gun: 4.27
Cavalry: 2.3?

Blitzkrieg: 1
Semi-Indirect Fire: 0.3
Gung-Ho: 1.5
Coordinated Fire: 0.2

Everything but the Super Pershing and IS-2 are within 2 points of their listed cost, most are less than 1 point off. Across all tanks, the cost difference using this system is 0.00275 below the listed cost.

So Bartosz and so got in our first game of V4 today. 78 points, and the Italians pulled out a win through sheer numbers and dumb luck. We though game was going to end super early, but it went on to 5 turns.

Reserves fucked Bartosz something fierce, along with some really unfortunate dice rolls.

Hopwfully in a couple of weeks I can justify spending money on Lorenzo's Rams.

The Italians had a strong first two turns. Wiped out the armored cars and a tank platoon ( 4 Semoventes + an 88 firing on a single target is brutal).

We were all but convinced the gane would end here, but after double checking reserve rules it was set to go on.

And good thing, too, as Bartosz's reserves started slowly rolling onto the field...

In an amazing feat of dice rolling Bartosz hits all five stands of the weapon platoon, and they all manage to save.

They then manage to rally next turn rendering the artillery barrage useless, and they then rush to claim an objective.

The German reserves weren't many, but they were threatening.

And two of the Semoventes got decimated. They don't stand up to AT9 so well.

The Panzers open fire on the remaining M14/41s and lay into them hard. One of them will die from this and the other gets double bailed and flees the table which brings an end to the M14/41s.

Those Panzers got some great positioning and blitz moves, and as such were able constantly stay out of the line of fire of my 88s.

And the winners of the game are the weapon platoon, they got to that objective and while they got pinned again they managed to hold on.

They were also able to make another round of saves and hold their ground.

And a random post game shot from the view of the 88s.

It was fun, but a very different beast from V3. Reserves hurt Bartosz really bad this game, and his small army size really suffered when the mission let me take my entire army against 2/3 of his from the onset.

my first impression:

--V4 is way fucking different. it even plays different on the ground that it does on paper. that morale...
--elite forces are a bad idea. play to bring numbers. then, bring more numbers.
--cheap high AT gun teams are a winner, i think....

Hey guys I have some 3d printed panthers, king tigers and tigers plus about 3 full mg/panzerfaust section 3 HG sections and 1 command section. I am looking at playing them as SS what would be a good regiment to run them as.

You wanna get either Grey Wolf (Revised) which is generic for the Late Part of the Eastern Front. Ardennes Offensive if you want to do Peiper and some others. Or Atlantic Wall for Normandy.

You should have split up your 88s to cover the table better but I am happy to see the infantry handle the attack well. Why did Bartosz have to defend? He has no infantry formations.
>V4 is different on the ground that it is on paper
This has also been my experience.
>Elite forces are bad
I have found that you need a certain threshold of combat platoons before you start going elite. 4 seems to be the magic number for Panzer IIIs after that you can upgrade the teams you have or add support.
>AT guns are good
Yes, especially as a tank company you need to start your artillery on the table to kill the pesky things.

It so happens that 78 points is my core formation for my DAK and would probably done well.

HQ 2x Panzer III(short 50mm)

4x Panzer III(short 50mm)

4x Panzer III(short 50mm)

3x Panzer IV(short 75mm)

5x Panzer II

I understand that you may not have the models but you do give it a go.

So using this system:

KV-1 (17.1 pt)
Initiative 4
Attack 4
Defense 1
Damage Capacity 6
+Heavy Tank
+Coordinated Fire
>Would probably up that to 18-19pt

KV-2 (26.6 pt)
Initiative 3
Attack 5
Defense 1
Damage Capacity 6
+Big Gun
+Heavy Tank
+Coordinated Fire
>Could leave at 27 pt, but I feel that Big Gun (and the ISU-152) is overcosted, so might drop it to 24-25pt

T-35 (9.75 pt)
Initiative 4
Attack 4
Defense 0
Damage Capacity 5
+Coordinated Fire
>10 points seems okay for this piece of garbage, but maybe I should bump it up to 11 just cause it deserves to suffer.

You can also look into Bridge at Remagen. There should be some lists where you can actually afford to bring Panthers, KTs, and Tigers altogether.

3d printed tanks *gags*

It depends on the quality of the printer.

Most reasonably affordable 3D printers aren’t that great for printing miniatures, but some of the more expensive ones can be pretty good.

They had the best field poaition to cover one of The objectives on the little hill they were on. Plus I didn't even really tho k about that. Not that there was room in my deployment zone to spread them out (see first picture).

We just rolled off for attacker or defender this time. Probably the only reason I had any chance of winning. If the player with more infantry is always supposed to be defender then I'm going to be defending basically every time I play Bartosz because I don't think he even owns and infantry

It’s always great to see battle reports on here.

We don’t get nearly enough of them.

Should honestly have taken a few pics of my 60 point Mid War game this afternoon, but were got too caught up in actually playing.

We were playing Rearguard, my DAK rifles with Semovente support vs his Panzer III company with 105s and a single 88.

Pretty interesting battle, held out pretty well at first but commited too many of my AT assets to one flank.
That meant he could dash his armour to the other side, take a few turns thinning out the defenders there and then assault onto one of the objectives on turn 8.

That assault went pretty well and also brought me down to one platoon in my formation, costing me the game.

Just saw the death of Stalin and now I'm in the mood to do some nkvd troops.
Is it in any way historically plausible that they were fielded in combat?

painting progress

Well they had NKVD divisions, I would just run them as guards.

Good idea.
Wonder if they kept their blue pants or anything else that visually distinguished them?

I think their caps were blue. Officers wore blue breeches too. Everything else should be the same as bog standard Red Horde.

I've seen the "UV light + resin pool" technology produce some impressive prints, but yeah the standard plastic filament prints are not very impressive.

At half the price from BF it looks OK from three feet above. remember kids the alternative in the same price range is Old Glory...