Drawthread

>>>RULESReminder that nobody is entitled to a delivery under any circumstances within these threads.
>Ignore the bait, you're better than this
>Stay on topic

Artists and Artists-to-Be:
>Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information, but:
>If you're dropping your commission info, consider filling a request beforehand instead of just advertising

Books and Tutorials:
>mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
>dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0

Figure Drawing:
>quickposes.com/pages/random

Beginners Guide to Drawing:
>archive.is/GNIq1

The w/ic/i art Guide:
>sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=17517
artstation.com/ambidexter
youtu.be/NH_M4hdJVac?t=9666
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/r/ing this character riding a hoverbike through a rainy cyberpunk city street, possibly being shot at.

anchor post

anchoring for drawfriend

Anchoring the most regal dragon these drawthreads will ever see

Kindly requesting a Griffon, with the feather parts pure white, silver beak and claws, with a pale purple lion half and bird legs
Also, can't decide whether to have blank white eyes with black outlines or blank gold eyes with black outlines, whichever you feel suits it best!
Saddle and barding optional but appreciated!

Anchoring this first rough concept sketch of my siren as another drawfriend's gonna have a crack at it, can't wait to see their results.

Requesting another creature concept for my project, and probably the last one for a while until I get the creative juices flowing again and not busy with some upcoming personal stuff, this time it's the infamous Jersey Devil, which is a 6 to 7 foot tall flying werecreature with lemur-like traits and a wingspan of around 20ft, the arms are the wings and it has pointed ears that are often mistaken for horns, it has a long forked tail and the feet are hoof-like, it also has a venomous bite. The venom itself leaves burn marks on the flesh of its prey and is even flamible.

Requesting a elven lich-lord with a sphere of annihilation secured in his chest cavity, leaving a gaping hole in his chest similar to the king in the bottom left. The way the sphere is secured is similar to how the sphere of annihilation is secured in the automaton, but small enough to fit. He wears a king-like cloak like the bottom middle image with black smoke emanating from it like the image to the very right. This black smoke also slightly emanates from the rest of his body similar to the red glow the two kings have at the bottom. He looks like the elf at the top left, but is wearing plate armor similar to the top right image and appearing gaunt and pale like the two kings.

Its for a main antagonist I have planned for a dnd campaign where an elven lord sells out his entire race along with his soul to Shar in exchange for power.

Guess I was late, but I finished this from last night for kobold-user.

Requesting art of a nymph and fairy.

The nymph looks similar to Gardevoir from Pokémon, same skin color and same hair shape, but without the chest spike. The nymph’s dress looks like it’s made of flower petals, the petals being the same as the white and yellow flower on the left. The nymph has the pink flower on the right in her hair and her hair color is the same as the yellow on the white and yellow flower.

It’s fine if the fairy is just the same as the orange guy in the top right, just with the same color pallet as the white and yellow flower on the left (and the nymph’s dress).

For the poses, I’d like for them both to be dizzy/dazed with anime style swirly eyes. The nymph teetering/dizzy like the character in the image in the bottom left, and the nymph sitting down like he character in the image in the bottom right.

Please tell me if this is too complicated and I’ll attempt to make it more do-able.

Requesting a guy in riot / SWAT armor, thick and heavy but leaving room for articulation, with a helmet and visor over his face, with two swords made from scrap metal from a helicopter blade (but honestly just jagged scrap metal swords that are relatively thin, are fine). He should look pretty worn and torn, he has a 1911 pistol holstered at his belt, maybe a couple knives and maybe a backpack. He can be posed sprinting into battle swords ready to go, or just standing ready to fight kind of. I drew pic related as a rough sketch of what he looks like but it's pretty bad so if a more talented draw-friend could give it a go that would be nice. This is for a post-apocalyptic campaign, but low-tech (no laser guns or power armor, just modern day stuff)

Requesting a Knight of Hell in its true form wreaking havoc killing humans and lower demons alike in medieval times and with its crest engraved on its chest plate.

Requesting my pirate/privateer character.

She is a human with a crystal eye patch (looks like a combination of the two patches, with the large cross face straps of the bottom pic) covering he left eye, there is nothing wrong with her eye the eye patch simply grants her sever types of alternate vision once per day for an hour.

Her hair is a mess of dreadlocks with beads woven in several strands, and she wears a red a white striped do-rag, no hat as she is not a ships captain.

She carries a flintlock pistol and cutlass like the ones shown.

The rest of her outfit is up to the artist, but it should be something light and flexible as she is a rather movement heavy character, swinging from the rigging or tumbling past enemies at every turn.

I'm looking to get my Barbarian/Pally to be drawn up. He is a shaggy mountain of a man that has taken up an Oath to destroy devils after some infested his valley until some paladin took them down and started training him.

So I imagine he is
> a red haired shaggy mountain man
> wears rough gauntlets, pants, and boots all trimmed in fur like his cape.
> as appropriate for a worshiper of Kord, has electricity arcing up his full blade and making his eyes glow
> fighting evil fills him with murderous glee, especially if they are devils

Thanks to any drawfriend that wants to take this on.

I don't suppose I could persuade someone to draw a vaguely-humanoid Lovecraftian thing, with a mouth like an "event horizon." Or, for those who are familiar with the game, a Dreamer, from The Secret World. A sketch or something is fine - I kinda just need a rough outline to show my players.

Hello! I hope someone will find my request interesting :)
I have this tomboish girl that is in truth possessed by a Devil (WoD stuff) and she transformed in front of the players during a fight to help, so I wanted to show them how she looked like aside from my description:
I would like her to be with the pose of image 3, just for fun, but any pose is welcomed.
She wears this really long sleeveless shirt from Wu-Tang clan, that shows some level of side boob, but she doesn't care too much about it. She also has the hairstyle of image 2, for the color I would prefer red, but anything goes, really.
She wearing some casual jeans.
In the end, she's transformed, so her skin is almost marble colored and she got a pair of eagle wings, and she's surrounded by "a corona of shifting, multicolored hues that distract and confuse foes" according to the manual.
I hope this request isn't too complicated to ask and I thank everybody in advance everybody that would like to take a shot at it!

So in a couple of sessions, I'm going to be hitting my party with an optional boss. Our optional bosses are always a bit of a joke, so I've decided to hit them with our game's version of Geese Howard.

Basically, what I'm looking for is the character on the right, wearing the armor on the left without the helmet, holding the katana below.

Requesting my Dragonborn Monk.

He is really tall. built like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in Game of Death, and I would like him to be based off of an Asian red dragon like the ones in the middle of the reference. With whiskers acting like a Fu Manchu mustache, a tuft of fur at the end of his tail and any other ideas to make him look like an amalgam of the traditional Chinese dragon and the D&D Dragonborn.

Basic monk like attire, with wrapped or bare feet. Go nuts with his design.

Requesting my wizard. She's a proponent of the illusion school of magic and a practitioner of the arts. She carries an array of brushes (staves & wands) as well as a paint pallet and other magical baubles. She wears something between overalls, robes and armor, and is covered in painted pigments from head to toe.

Requesting my gnome rogue taking a nap in some potato sacks or being a slob on a couch.

Another one? Holy shit thanks a bunch!

Here's a WIP while I close up the desk at work. I'm gonna put him on a big pile of human and demon corpses.

Requesting a handsomely dressed skeleton. He's a mage assistant and enjoys high-fives.

Would really like to hear from my drawfriend. It's been 3 weeks since I last heard from you and I'd like to know if you're still interested in this request.

If you decided that this one wasn't for you, that's okay too. In any case, have a nice day.

>posting a wip

Never do this, showing the process ruins it for normies.

I've posted and seen many posts of WIPs before and this is the first time I've heard this advised. Do you have more to say on the subject?

Reposting

Requesting the kaiju final boss of my campaign. Its supposed to be the biblical Leviathan under my own twist. Here's the appearance

Its a long, fat sea serpent, with a very broad whale-like or crocodile like mouth. No visible eyes. It has several flippers going down its body that can act as short legs to move on land. Its body should look scarred or aching, sort of like Shin Godzilla, with a similarly 'unnatural' appearance to it. It has no other traits from Shin Godzilla, it is a whale/crocodile/sea serpent, not a dinosaur.

Attached are several possible images for inspiration, but other then the above guidelines I welcome creativity or slight veering from the design. It is approximately three hundred feet long.

I posted it mostly because I was leaving work where I have access to a scanner, and thought it would be nice to see a half-finished request and know that someone is working on it than to sit there and wonder if it's happening at all.

Also I'm just speaking for myself, but I really like seeing WIP's. It's cool to see how different people break down their drawings or paintings, and I adore those timelapse gifs of the process people sometimes make. I can see how seeing the strings behind a piece could ruin the magic on some things, but I don't necessarily think that art is one of them. Sometimes knowing how something is done makes it that muhch more impressive.

My bard took Awaken as a spell. I awoke a wolf pup that we found abandoned, and he's now my bard's best friend. His name is Snarls Barkley, and I'd love to have him drawn.

Pretty simple design. A wolf with shutter sunglasses.

Requesting my alteration-obsessed Gnome mage. She's permanently changed herself with her magic and experiments.
She's 3'7 feet (109cm) tall and weighs 38lbs (17kg). She has green eyes and black hair.

Her armour also looks like the armour of the rightmost reference. However, if the gun, helmet and glowing PDAs(?) could be removed, that would be most appreciated.

working on this now, just got back from uni, should be done soonish

Requesting a godess of luck
She is wearing a multicoloured dress, I got some reference but don't hesitate to do your own thing regarding the shape/type of the dress; as long as its colourful (a black & white drawing is fine to as long as we can see different pattern)
She is holding dices and cards in her hand;she also looks quite smug.
One of her symbol (and also one of the way she manifest herself to the lucky and those down on their luck) is a small crystal jumping spider, I would like one to be visible on her shoulder or anywhere else.

Who cares? It's not like they're paying for it.

Requesting this post-apocalyptic raider-type guy for a Fallout game I'm in. We're trying to get to Dayglow from a town just south of it called Bedside.

Appreciate it! Just make sure not to stress yourself though, im not in a hurry so take your time

I used this generator: generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=17517 and got a few cool prompts I'd love to use for NPCs in my next campaign. I really don't expect anything in particular or multiple pictures, but if any interest you enough to draw I'd love to use them!

The Velvet Tyrant
The Chained Magician
The Poisoned Fist
The Adorned Monster
The Sapphire Druid
The Veiled Skald

Use a screenshot instead of photo please.

Not the artist, but they may be trying to prevent people from saving the WIP stages so they can share the finished piece properly. I've seen WIPs being passed around as final versions and it'd kill me a little inside if a crappy WIP was used as an example of my work. Alternately, they may have been also posting it to Instagram, where photos like that are encouraged.

tl;dr - Let the artist choose how to share. Especially if you're going to be rude about it.

ill post it however i want fucker

nah lmao i work from an ipad so exporting shit is a hassle, hence phoneposting

sorry i painted him green lmao makes colour correction a cunt to do so its a little scuffed

Hey man, you are the one doing me a huge favor here so dont apologize. Also i think he looks bloody glorious, thank you

>I've seen WIPs being passed around as final versions
Oh, it's been done to me as well.

>rude
If I'd been rude, I'd not use "please".

No problems.

Requesting a character for an upcoming Shadowrun game. The idea being that he is an Egyptian Hekapriest who escaped persecution in Egypt and became a Shadowrunner elsewhere.

He is unabashedly Egyptian, and wears Ancient Egyptian style motifs (à la Pharah) with his typical getup when he's on missions. He's an elf, and looks essentially as he does in the references. Unkempt curly hair, a growing beard, etc. He also wears traditional kohl eyeliner, which can be as simple or stylized as you like.

Have fun with it! I would love to see how people run with the idea. Thanks to any drawfriends who give this a look.

How much of a slob?

Requesting someone do something with my favourite investigator from Arkham Horror, Sefina Rosseau. Literally anything. You can do anything and I will cherish it forever and make it my profile pic on stuff and love you and give you daily (yous)

Requesting my tiefling knight with questionable fashion sense, thank you if you pick this up.

Requesting a drawing of my Tiefling Wizard his Dwarven wife and Half-Tiefling-Dwarven daughter.

Feel free to have them do whatever you feel would be appropriate or is comfortable for you. Also, the daughter might have darker or lighter skin, tail, and darker horns than what's shown in the picture so feel free to adjust to better suit what looks best to you. Also, the daughter and wife lack beards in the setting these guys are in. Thank you in advance!

Requesting a jester turned swashbuckler/privateer
Most of the details are on the pic, I'll just add that his face looks much happier and healthier instead of gloomy and beaten up. His nose his crooked and the circle mark on his left cheek is a hot iron brand scar.
He is wielding one of the basket hilted sword on the bottom right, pick your favourit. For the pose, do what you deem is best
thanks!

Requesting female elf spec-ops operator princess carrying a male VIP she rescued.

The female elf spec-ops will be carrying the male human VIP like in reference image related and she may look like pic at upper left and she'd wear the gear/armor-uniform as seen at bottom left side. And she'd be wearing a beret with an insignia, which is the three lightning bolts symbol at the most top.

The male human VIP is a young man who's a high-ranking officer/official that looks just like at the image at right side. And the way the fem elf spec-ops girl princess-carrying the VIP she rescued looks just like in the middle. With the male humie VIP clinging to his savior and blushing.

And the elf spec-ops girl is all smug and or smirking to the camera while also walking away from a battle/skirmish that occurred earlier as she's carrying away the VIP she's rescued

Not OR but that looks pretty good. Looks like something straight out of How to Train Your Dragon.

Requesting my spidermorph butler monk who looks like clint eastwood.

Reposting from last thread:

if anyone is familiar with Ad Eva I need an angel turned from a crappy MS Paint Sketch to something with actual heft to it. Since my players are probably on Veeky Forums I won't be saying the name (they know the order they're coming in) of the Angel, but its thing is that its AT Field controls the direction of gravity around it, so it plays keepaway by keeping everything flying away instead of letting them get close.

Its body plan is sort of like a Gorilla if you gave it the bone(?) structure of a preying mantis and/or a bullfrog. It has a cradle of bone (I'd draw ribs but I'm really bad at drawing, as you can tell) that surrounds the core on its chest, and should generally be just kind of bulky and armored, sort of like a really fucked up knight (maybe like an Outrider Knight from Dark Souls III?).

Its mask is split in two and bulges outward on a little head protrusion that's too small for the mask, so it sticks off to the sides. Each side of the mask can pivot independently in any direction and, obviously, fire Christian lasers.

Thank you!

A bit different, but would someone be willing to edit these dwarves so they have Caucasian skin tones rather than the dark/deep dwarves that they are right now?

OR here, this looks pretty good so far.

I'd like to request my clockmaker tech priest:

>Clad in practical clothes with a mechanicus overcoat
>The mask bears magnifying lenses
>His main armament is a long power sword in the form of a clock hand
>Notable accessoires are his selfmade pocket watch and his utility servo skull

That's it, I leave details and style to the artist.
Thanks and have fun!

Requesting a bbeg henchman for a shadowrun game. He wears the armour like pic related but with another helmet and has cybernetic arms instead of armour. all the armour and helmet is black. Has white tally marks on his right arm.

I'd like to request a goliath fighter. The character is crusted in plates of rock resembling shale, and wears a chain shirt under barbarian-style piece meal armour, lace up travelling boots, and dual wielding a longsword and a battleaxe.

Was late last thread, just wanted to thanks the artist, that's an awesome piece !

Requesting art of a custom sci-fi setting's version of trolls.

On the ground, they're a cleaner version of the 'classic' troll design. Like the troll pictured but without the odd foliage thing going on (cleaned up to look smooth/healthy), with actual eyes and actual lips instead of whatever's going on there and a more even carnivorous teeth-style instead of the wierd needleteeth thing. Basicly keep the same body type/shape but make it look alive and up to futuristic health standards.

The actual outfit and weapon he's using can be up to artist interpretation, but should generally be close to the pic as: a dark and simplistic security uniform and a sleek syber-punk firearm.

Thankyou in advance!

Requesting a scientist goblin-ess wearing a labcoat and holding a test tube. Goggles are optional as is colour of the liquid inside the test tube, although the more interesting it is the better.
Thank you for your attention!

Would you believe this is not the first time somebody request a scientist goblin?

Neat, but I need a female scientist goblin
It's honestly a bit hard to even find a female goblin who's not a shortstack

Hello. Requesting an orc version of Mr T. preferably slightly older than on this pic.
Thanks.

You are not a normie, you have something to gain from seeing the proccess

Maybe you could post the green original, merely for completion sake?

What sort of proportions are you looking for?

Like the ones the goblin girl on the reference picture has, some tits are okay, but nothing big

Sketch : o

Currently looking for art of an either tiefling or human group of crusaders that heavily draw inspiration in both look and culture off of Mandalorians from SW.
Most of them are armed with a light crossbow, a cutlass and a long sword.
Armor wise they'd most likely lean more towards medium to somewhat flexible heavy metal armor which would be most likely covered in chips, cracks and general wear.
Coloring for the armor would preferable be mainly white with red or gold accenting, but you can do what you think is best for colors if you want.
Beyond this you can take whatever liberties you can think of, fill in the gaps I probably missed.

Looking for art of Charles, the homeless human wizard based heavily off of Charlie from Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
For clothing he has generic wizard attire (robes and the pointed hat) but its beyond fadded, ragged and muddy, having tons of holes and patches stitched on to it.
His "staff" is a slightly chipped baseball bat with rusted nails sticking out of it and a chain wrapped around it.
Small little note is that he also has a tiny little mouse that lives under his hat.

Ribbon manipulation based character, uses glowing stripes to push pull constrain and dangle from clips. If you want to include glowing ribbons, feel free.

Requesting art for my Merfolk Druid Josephus, this is a custom miniature of him but I'd really love some art.

Reposting from last

Requesting this man in this armor (on the left) holding this helm (on the right) with his left hand, holding a spear with the bottom tip, on a darker colored wooden shaft to the one on top with his right hand. The armor would be a little battle worn, and the man in the armor would seem peeved and rather serious.

Thank you for considering this request!

Or here, that is actually hella cute, and im happy i got to see it

i ended up making another rough concept sketch

OR here. Looks pretty good so far! I like the dead sort of expression on his face. Certainly looking forward to any more sketches/finished version, thanks for picking it up!

not the or, but i can already see you're really good, blog pls

Awesome!

thanks mate! it looks really good!

: D linework update

Thanks! Here ya go, you might spot some other drawthread requests in there : o

artstation.com/ambidexter

>Small little note is that he also has a tiny little mouse that lives under his hat.
Does he know about the mouse

Requesting a Scansoriopterygidae Cockatrice that has a stinger on its long featherless tail.

That's some pretty detailed line-work there. I like that his original dead expression evolved into dead and condescending. Keep up the great work!

24hr bump

Bump.

Slightly early bump

Best derp dragon, 2018.

I would like an inquisitor please. Drawn like Irene 'Larry' Vincent reloading her weapon, wearing clothing similar to the actual inquisitor in the reference. The gun is a custom built bolter, similar to the one on the reference image but less bulky, more streamlined, smaller, lighter. Optional: cleavage showing much like Larry's is in the image.

Thank you in advance. She's my OC and I'd like as many pictures as possible, I know that's weird.

oh boy

Requesting a monster hunting character with a dark brown hat and jacket and has blue eyes. He's armed with a greatsword carried on his right side and on his left side a magnum and has two kukri machetes on his back. He has similar facial hair as the werewolf pic and he has a hunting knife in a holster on his chest rather than on the holster containing his gun and sword.

Could I get a tiefling, reaching over a human male, shooting a spell from his finger tip into a skeleton?

>tiefling
wearing generic leather armor, crossbow on hip
right arm over humans right shoulder, index finger extended, shooting the skeleton
left arm resting on humans left shoulder

>human
wearing monk robes over chain armor, has a mace in his right hand and a kite shield in his left
black hair
robes could be cut up if possible

This occurs in a really beat up alleyway during the night. The tiefling has a mug of beer floating behind him.

I recorded the session, the event in question happens here if my description is not enough: youtu.be/NH_M4hdJVac?t=9666

Thank you

What? I used to run somebody like her in Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy and if a new one ever comes out, I'd like some artwork to use on a character sheet.

He is aware of it fully, keeping it as a pet. Which everyone questions since he has a great hatred of anything else rodent related

This looks great thanks user!

24 hour bump