Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2066: Git Gud Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58056706/#58057838
mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/08/the-ningen-myth-monster-or-make-believe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have a writefag no one asked for! Continuing the saga of Journal Jumper the Princess Babysitter.
Jump 7: Legend of Zelda 1 - Gauntlet
...oh, for...another one?! What's the point of all these magical powers I get if I only get to use them half the time?!
>I like to keep things interesting. Besides, you need to practice that sword arm of yours a bit more.
Goody.

>“It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!”
Free Stuff Get: The Sword, The Shield
Very oldschool. I, uh...don't know how good a bronze sword will be in the long run. I'm also surprised to see a cross on the shield. Still, better than nothing. I need some money, though.
>"Got somethin' that might interest ya, stranger."
...you look weirdly familiar. And that pig-face...is that a mask?
>"Shut up and take my money, stranger."

Drawbacks:
They Are Unending [300] - I can handle respawning mooks, just need to catch my breath now and then.
An Unfamiliar Land [600] - Joke's on you, I never played this game to start with!
>"Hmm...fair point. I'll change all the street signs you encounter to be blank, instead."
I WAS KIDDING
>"Fair is fair, user."
Uncertain Guidance [800] - Okay this hurts, but I like to think I'm reasonably intelligent enough to do this without coherent help.
...stop smiling at me, that's creepy.
An Empty Land [1100] - After the whole tower gauntlet thing and all that dungeon plundering in the last world, I'm used to having to forage and live off of loot.

Stuff:
Heart Containers x6 [800] - Safety first!
White Sword - Ooooh, sparkly! At least its made of proper steel, now.
Bow And Arrow [600] - Been practicing!
Magical Shield [200] - I'm gonna need this. Magic is spooky. I should know, I use it!
Bomb Bag [0] - So since I'm not limited by gameplay mechanics, this is my ultimate dungeon bypass tool. I am front door user. Knock knock, motherfucker.

You know, something they never talk about is the fact that Hyrule in this day and age is mostly grassland and little bits of dry patches. It's because of the top-down perspective and the 8-bit graphics of the original NES - there's just nothing to render the details with and 3D is little more than a distant idea on someone's expensive-ass computer at this time. But then I got to see it with my own two eyes. It didn't look like cartoon graphics to me, it looked...'real'. The reason Hyrule was mostly grass is because everything else was ruins. I could vaguely recognize some of the dungeons as ruins of buildings from Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, aged by several centuries. Some of the ruins looked fairly recent indeed. Of course, nothing was where it was supposed to be because I couldn't keep my dumb mouth shut around my scary schoolgirl GM lady, but the recognition didn't escape me. This was a world where Ganon had stood victorious on his debut and then revived himself again, and again, and again. And even as a new incarnation of Link defeated him each time, a little more of Hyrule was taken away with each battle. It was a morose thought.

But thinking hurts my brain and I'm here to rescue a Princess!...again! Time to stab some pig-men. Craniums for the cranium chair!

Having gone through my share of monsters and evil mercenaries, zombies, and so forth, I'm pretty used to some good old-fashioned hack and slash violence. I'm not gonna sweat morality or the fact I'm cutting down Moblins like wheat - I'm here to save Hyrule, they are trying to stop me from saving Hyrule. That's about as complicated as this issue gets. Plus they're not human and are actively trying to kill me, making disassociation easy and fun. Thanks, brain! The first dungeon is, in fact, the hollowed out Deku Tree. Who has likely passed away centuries ago. That's, uh...that's awfully morbid. This game is a lot darker than I remember it being. Ah, well.

First dungeon is usually the easiest!

>Several hours later...

I forgot how much I sucked at finding keys. The downside to not being in video game land anymore is that magic keys don't just hover in front of you when an enemy drops it. Sometimes it rolls into a corner somewhere or gets stuck between a very narrow gap between stone bricks. I may have lost my patience and opted to total the boss door with several pounds of bombs. I think the impact within a closed space killed the boss before I even managed to push aside the rubble in the doorway. I'm sure Ganon is wondering why Hyrule is suddenly experiencing a few rapid-fire earthquakes in areas the Triforce happens to be stored within. Or why an arsonist was attacking him as opposed to a legendary hero.

...wait. Arsonist. That gives me an idea.

>Second dungeon later...

Today I learned that Moblins do not test their smoke detectors. I also have plenty to eat for the next few days. Bacon for the bacon God!

So not long after what Moblins would later call Bloody Sunday, about thirty of them ganged up on me and tried to kill me. Apparently setting fire to a dungeon to get to the magical artifact inside and then eating the charred remains of their fellow soldiers was crossing some sort of line. Hey, you're literally pigs, and I'm pretty sure at least some of you have dined on Hylian in canon at some point! You have no right to judge my love of pork! Anyways, I took some advice from Rurouni Kenshin for this scenario - I'd start by running away. The fastest ones would catch up to me first, I'd strike them down, run again, and then pull them into a narrow path where they all bunched together in an attempt to get to me first. They did not last very long after that. Not coincidentally, most Moblins would start running away when they saw me. When I saw the Secret Moblin again, he hid behind his desk and begged me not to take his soul. Did I go a bit too far that time...? Eh, I leave him and the runners alone.

If they're sufficiently spooked, that's one less thing for me to worry about. That's when Wizzrobes became more common! And when the Magical Shield got some great milage.

As for most of the dungeons...well. I used a lot of fire. When fire stopped working, I used bombs on the walls and doorway. When that didn't work, I'd bully a Wizzrobe and take his staff and lunch money until he opened it for me. Finally, it came down to me and the Pig King himself. He'd speak some sort of meaningful monologue...except, well, he was still speaking Old Ass Hylian so I didn't understand a word of what he said. His body language told me he was going ‘what the hell man’ at least once before going into a more serious evil overlord kind of posture. I'd like to say I came up with some kind of clever exploit that made this fight easy, but I had exhausted my bag of tricks at this point. There was nothing for me to take advantage of in this room - it was just an empty arena with me and Ganon. He saw to it that everything I had used up to this point wouldn't work. It was just a contest of sword versus trident, with me the spindly and quick human versus the King of Evil himself. After a while, sword techniques stopped being a thing and I was just tiredly chopping away at him whenever I found an opening. It came down to a final clash between the both of us. I won by luck - my decision to keep my short height back in Bodymod had paid off when the blades of his trident only skid the top of my head, missing the middle of my skull while my blade had pierced Ganon's heart.

Looking back on it, it felt different from the battle against the Dragon - the fight against them felt like a game, complete with boss stages and weak spots. The battle against Ganon was just a bloody battle to the death, from start to finish. I feel a bit more respect for Link, after that.

Anyways, the day is saved and the Moblin population has dropped by about twenty percent! Hi Zelda! I don't remember you being a redhead but hey I won't judge. Hyrule has been saved, the gauntlet has been won, so I'll just be on my...

What do you mean she's a companion now.

ANOTHER ONE?!

That's all. Enjoy the awful fanfiction. Or don't. I had fun writing it.

You've been given permission if you're interested, Valeria:

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58056706/#58057838

I don't remember a Zelda 1 Gauntlet. When was this posted?

Around the time of Breath of the Wild

Ah.

No one who's anyone reads your "writing".

Good stuff.

Shut up, nobody

>The first dungeon is, in fact, the hollowed out Deku Tree. Who has likely passed away centuries ago. That's, uh...that's awfully morbid. This game is a lot darker than I remember it being. Ah, well.

Always a fun one to see!

#
#
#
#
#
Put it in a pastebin, holy shit.

>jumpchain "humour"

I'll put you in a pastebin if I see you whining about posting jumpchains in the jumpchain thread again, you contrarian

Nigga, it's like copy-pasting a whole fucking page into the thread. It's unnecessary for that much space to be devoted to a single subject for a single person.

>jumpchain

>chain went from emulating Conan to Karl Franz Simulator

Best jumps to build and lead a kick ass empire?

Heavens. Heavens. You need to stop. Stop right now, because you're only hurting yourself. But you obviously don't care about that, because it seems you're only staying here to spite everyone who tells you to leave. Well, fuck you you piece of shit. Fuck you and everyone who enables this bullshit. You're a waste of fucking tax dollars, and everyone would be much better off not having to ever deal with you, you fucking waste of air and space. You ruin the day of everyone who has the misfortune of seeing your posts. You have no idea just how badly I want to post a flashing gif right now, but I stop myself because you're not even worth the waste of bandwidth it would take to post it.

In the Oblivion jump why does one origin get 25 drones for 600 and another gets parts for 2 and a bubble ship? Seems like former is way better than the latter.

How dare anyone post jumpchain stuff in the jumpchain thread! Call the lynch mobs!

Right, like it's UNNECESSARY to post pdfs in thread instead of just having a folder or keeping them in google docs? Like it's UNNECESSARY to devote a thread to a topic when you could just host it in the chat? I can't even imagine how self-important you must be to consider your inconvenience in scrolling down to be in any way more important than someone else's autistic fanfiction. What would you fill that space with? Your shitty memes and shitposts? Fuck you, I hope someone makes a build double that one's length and you get banned for being offtopic losing your mind at it.

They don't let us talk about settings, they don't let us talk about jumps or jump options, don't allow build-posting, writing, stories, or shit.

Guess the only thing these dicks DO want to talk about are their waifus.
Despite /a/ being right over there. At the bottom-left.

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but hasn't HE been gone for a while? Far from complaining, dude needs to get his shit together.

I dare not speak his name, lest I summon him.

It's sad but it really is the only topic that doesn't immediately result in shitposting.

Yeah, it has been awhile since Cracker_Jack last posted, hasn't it?

>they don't let us talk about jumps or jump options
What? Since when? I see people (trying) to talk about those all the time.

We get it, OAA. You hate this community and everything it stands for.

Is it possible to learn Sage Mode on your own like Hashirama did? I don't want to have to deal with answering calls for help from a summoning contract?

Do you get a hard-on doing this, Anonymous.
Do you get aroused by being wrong. Do you have somebody whipping you to fulfill that need?

Because this is just disturbing.

>implying
Your waifu is shit.
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

(Your waifu) is shit. Shiiiiiiit.

Maybe?

No one knows how Hashirama learned Sage Mode. For all we know he did learn it from some awakened animals, just not ones that would have been useful summons in any of the two fight scenes he's shown in.

Just because you've adopted a name other than OAA doesn't mean you're a different person.

Yes, because you're somehow telepathic.

Or maybe you're just lashing out again, Billy.

Do you expect me to believe you're Brother_user? Or FUAnon? You know, an actually worthwhile namefag? Because your attempts to tarnish others' names will be remembered, OAA.

Who says I'm a namefag at all, Tommy?
This name field is blank. Are you hallucinating?

I mean I ask since in theory you could learn Sage Mode on your own. Since the only real criteria is to take Nature Energy into your body and balance it with your chakra. Doing so is just unnatural and extremely difficult(If you have perks to help with bodily control and energy manipulation along with learning perks shouldn't it be easy)

Digger or Heavens, question about Ex-Aid, what's meant by the EXCITE Bugster benefiting from jumper-exclusive perks and abilities but not having any of your powers?

I'd like them in a pastebin because they are difficult to read in thread. *When its active, not an issue in this instance.
An ideal solution would be to post the first part, as is already done) and end it with a pastbin link with the complete writing.

Because someone who's this much of a faggot is surely a namefag. More specifically, the only namefag sufficiently lacking in quality to pull such a stunt, OAA.

Valeria, please come yell at OAA again.
He's trying to ruin waifuposting for the rest of us.

brother

So what are some worlds pic related might especially enjoy visiting?

Why is it always Valeria?
Tell another namefag to yell at him for once. Spice it up - you might actually get someone to fall for that shlock.

What if any resources do we need to input into the "Production Capabilities" option from Oblivion Movies to get the thing started on producing Drones and Bubble Ships?

SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS

Fine. BLADE, seeing as how your reputation in this community is absolutely shot, why don't you earn some brownie points by yelling at the undesirable namefag OAA? It might be the only way to salvage what little good-will you have left.

>What would you fill that space with?
If I had my druthers, we'd discuss jumps, jumpdocs, settings, jump related problem solving, jumpwriting, even writefaggotry.
The Writefagging itself is not a discussion any more than posting a jump on .png at a time would be.

Empire jump when?

What jumps have you been to already?

because Paradox Grand Strategy is a big shoe-in for this.

Well damn, I just realized that BLADE was the one who made the Oblivion jump and I missed my chance to ask my questions while he was here.

bring back combo discussions

ARE you a namefag?

Fable, Sword and Sorcery, Mount and Blade and now Fire Emblem Archanea. The country scenario has given me a taste for stabbing uppity nobles and building my own Empire expy.

Do combo
Just do combo
Stop turtling and do combo

Between OAA and DDAnon, who's a better person? Better jumpmaker?

Don't know the game(?), the jump gives me the impression that it's based on a phone app with lore so shallow even a toddler couldn't drown in it, and I'm not a fan of gauntlets anyway.

There's a google drive link at the very bottom of the last page - that wraps over to the otherwise empty next page. Is this where I'm supposed to be put an ugh? That's our meme de jour, right?

Whichever you are, I vote for the other.

Whichever has better hair.

Is that why Valeria is considered one of the best jumpmakers?

It's a meme.

DDAnon is a NEET who doesn't give a shit what other people think of him. It's probably not him.

>They
Who?

You know, (((them))). Don't worry about it.

Oy vey

You take your druthers shove them up your ass with your head

Who else?
People like

99% sure he's the user who claimed deatblight.

Since it's kinda related to the shitposting topic of today. Have we heard anything from Niohanon?

OAA, obviously. WoW is a better Jump than CoC

Try taking her to some lighthearted worlds like Splatoon and CATastrophe first. She's been experiencing darkness and violence for who knows how long, give her some light, peaceful stuff. After that, try worlds like Undertale or NiGHTS. A meet up with Frisk and/or Papyrus would be good for her, and I'm sure she'd love seeing the world of dreams with the Jester of Ambiguous Gender. You might also try bringing her to a setting where she can see space, that would no doubt be fascinating to her.

Well, fuck the fun po-lice. Don't let them win, talk about them anyway.

So, Anons, what kinds of OCs do you make when you make custom companions?

Haven't worked on it for a bit, so that's why you haven't heard much.
Why do you care out of the blue, may I ask? Is it time to drag me into the shitposting again?

Pretty sure he went mad with frustration over actually playing Nioh. He said it was really driving him crazy last time he was here-

Oooor not. That works as well. Hi, Niohanon!

Nah just came into my mind with the OAA talk. I was gonna make a shitpost about you being the deathblight user as well as OAA, but asking if you were around seemed like a better idea.

Mostly expies. Cousins of characters in that setting or versions of characters from other settings as if they'd been native to the current jump.
Sometimes a news headline for example Florida Man... will make me ask "Who dies that?" and I get an OC out of pondering the answer.

...what exactly did Heavens do?

>spoiler
Didn't you make KSBD?

its a barely edited copypaste for bancho

It's a copypasta someone made for Bancho that can be easily edited for other jumpmakers.

I wonder if that user's proud of their "legacy".

Wasn't me.

Fair enough then.

>deathblight user
I don't think the user posting the pictures is the jumpmaker. At least, not after seeing the two posting in the same thread when Deathblight was first announced.

Well I have gone mad, though not because of Team Ninja utterly failing to learn the lessons that From Software learned developing Souls.
Despite Nioh's development starting back in fucking 2004. And Demon's Souls coming out in 2009. And Dark Souls going through three installments between 2011 and 2016.

I like the game, but it's like Team Ninja did everything they could to make the game not likeable. Though the Iga Mansion was brilliant and I loved it.

You're still around? Ma ningen.

I actually have a glorious mane of hair, thank you very much. I'm also told when people touch it it's the softest baby-fine featherlike hair they've ever had the pleasure of losing themselves in. You probably couldn't have picked a worse aspect of me to attack. I was given a nickname for it and everything.

>Ma ningen.
> mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/08/the-ningen-myth-monster-or-make-believe/

I put myself onto this path for one reason, and I'm not taking a detour until it's done.

>pic very much related

>Both of our shittiest posters are incredibly vain about their hair

That's something I didn't think would be a sign.

So in RE: Creators, can Creators visit or manifest their fantasy worlds with the capstone?