Which hand did you use to open the door?

>Which hand did you use to open the door?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fUyU3lKzoio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>both

I actually opened the door by dropping trou, clenching my ass hard and turning the knob with my diamond-crushing turdcutter. Why do you ask, Fred?

I didn't use a hand, i used a robotic claw toy

>DM: Roll perception
>Roll a middle value
>DM: You don't notice anything out of the ordinary

>in combat
>get hit by a lightning bolt
>DM rolls dice
>looks at me and says
>"How many hitpoints do you have?"
>mfw

>What's your marching order? I remember the barbarian said he was being the rearguard.

>standing in front of a dragon that doesn't like me
>"Do you have more than 100 hitpoints?"
>mfw

Sometimes I ask for a perception roll just to keep them on their toes.

>Player : "Anything"
>DM: Interesting...

>Where EXACTLY are you standing here?
And that is how my party learns that sometimes pressure plates don't open doors.

>Who was handling which watch shift again?

No reason, Joe. I just like having you guys roleplay creeping through the dungeon.

Anyway, a Leatherman is behind the door.

The iron one?

>Anyway, a Leatherman is behind the door.
Wasn't HE supposed to enter?
Great, now we ruined the scene and it's all now awkward.

youtube.com/watch?v=fUyU3lKzoio

>Low or High?

Why the fuck would a pressure plate open a door?

Haven't ya ever played Minecraft, user?

>Minecraft
You must be over 18 to post here.

user it came out like eight fucking years ago

Is it really do hard for GMs to find secondary achivements for perception rolls ?
> You notice that the the wall is actually a mosaic depicting a combat scene.
>You notice that the black candle holders on the wall have a faint silver shine below the black.
>You find a coin in the floor.
>You notice a young man/woman looking at you with dreamy eyes.

Yeah, this.
I never had a GM tell me I don't see anything special.
The funniest is when players ask to roll by themselves and there really isn't anything special to see/smell/hear, though, rather than them not making it when the GM asks for a roll.

>I open every door with my portable battering ram and a scream of GO-GO-GO to my half-orc pointman
>...this is the Mayors office
>EVERY. DOOR.

>high checks on ability scores must be rewarded with something

Just because you roll a 20 doesn't mean that this otherwise bland room suddenly has something interesting in it.

>Using pressure plates and not buttons

How is this supposed to work? You are basically telling your players that detail is important like this, they will go crazy trying to figure out why and waste a lot of time.

of course it can, you're the controller of this world there's no need for it to be so rigid when the very nature of the game you are playing is about random dice rolls affecting the world

>You notice a young man/woman looking at you with dreamy eyes.
That never happens to me even roleplaying games, maybe I should pass a note to the GM

>MInecraft
>not the Sims 3

I make my players tell me when they're rolling Perception. Otherwise, they are using Passive Perception, tough shit. Rolling Perception is when a character is ACTIVELY looking for stuff, I'm not going to ask them to roll it. To throw them a bone, though, they can't get a result smaller than their passive perception when they do decide to roll. This avoids the paranoia problem pretty well. When they DO roll things like Perception and Sneak, I assume the numbers they got are constant until the end of the next encounter, whether that encounter was combat, a trap, or otherwise.

And a piece of advice for budding GMs: if you do have your players roll for that (or if you have them decide when they want to roll it), always give them descriptions. ALWAYS. This gives the implication that their roll succeeded in some way. It lets them know that they saw something, and know what's there. You just tell them what they see, not what they DON'T see. That way, they never have an excuse to do the faggoty "I'll just keep rolling until I get a high number" bullshit.

I mean, there's no excuse for that anyway, but hey, whatever.

You're missing the point, as expected. Log off before I tell your mother what you do in the internet she pays for.

>walk through portal/barrier/magic thing
>GM: "What's your alignment again?"

The mosaic could tell something superficially important about the place.
If he finds a coin he has a coin, big deal.
The NPC night allow me to introduce a new NPC and gives the player a opportunity to play his role in a role-playing game.
The cake holes might be actually made out of silver, which tells then about the place, how old it can be, abd how long nobody took care of those things.

Ya know, GMing on the spot instead of having the whole thing laid out before hand.
Aka advanced GMing.

Advanced GM doesn't ask anyone to roll awareness. He rolls it as necessary.

>oh I roll perception!
>but th-
>OHH NAT 20!!122
>There's nothing here but dust and stone
>but I rolled a TWENTY!!!!
>THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING SPECIAL HERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT STOP ROLLING DICE FOR NO FUCKING REASON
I hate everyone in my group because they're all morons who don't actually care about the game, just memes.

I'd tell you that next time you should say "your character is enthralled by the dust and starts counting the individual dust specks, roll a new char", but that sounds like it'd play right into what they want.

Mage.

Just go into an extremely sarcastic, verbose explanation of the surroundings till they get the point.

Nah, pull the ole 'so good it loops around to being bad' nat20
>your keen eyes pierce the veil between worlds, your mind violently rejecting what is seen, rendering you irrevocably blind.

>that player that immedately rolls without being asked just because someone else did

This, once had a player spend 5 minutes arguing with the rest of the group because pick up a skull thinking it was a key to something just because i mentioned there was a skeleton on the floor. I was actually just describing that the place was spooky.
>"I promise you E, that skull is not a secret key."
>What if you're lying? I'm picking it up anyway.

>... group because pick up ...
because he wanted to*

>"do you 'really' do that?"

This is actually interesting. I never once thought a plate opens secret doors until playing Oblivion.
But the ttrpg is that plates trigger traps and doors or opened with secret mechanisms in the wall

...what? Not that guy but hold on, /v/ played Minecraft years before anyone else did. How does knowing a thing from that game make him a kid?

Unless... You know who looks at things they did 2 years ago and proudly declares 'kid stuff'? Fucking kids that's who.

>player rolls a little bit above an average
>DM: "Hm, odd. Nothing..."

Why only go with that?
Go with the full mindfuck route for seeing things that aren't supposed to be there.

>so perceptive that he peers between the fabric of reality
>his mind is flooded with the infinite horrors of the unknown
>his mind breaks and becomes a frothing mumbling drooling vegetable
Holy fucking kek I'm so doing this shit on my next game and make sure it happens to the inevitable special snowflake character.

Man that's gonna be sooo randum lol teach those players a lesson haha lmaoo XD