Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Friendly competition edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2. Also Liadrin is best girl.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread:

first for human boobs

>Why americans hate ideal all-loving heroes?
They do?

Because they're boring.

>Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Its time to stop beating this dead horse.

Warcraft lore is shit, it was killed by Metzen and terrible Add-ons.

>Saying that good guys are boring
>Ultmate pleb filter

Alex Afrasiabi promised to do something cool with them.

But Warcraft itself is already a fucking plebfilter since you have to be a fucking pleb to like it.

I see you don't like being confronted with the truth. There's nothing more boring and awful than featureless goody-goody-goos.

And yet, here you are, posting about it.

Of course. It is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Sure thing, mister edgelord.

Reminder that Afrasiabi plays a blood elf. You all better get ready for the one and only Warchief Lor'themar.

Tigole? Of EverQuest infamy?

>it was killed by Metzen
It was birthed by Metzen.

No. Tigole is the game director of SJWatch.

Well, this is a truth for you, but not for me. A bad guy or a good guy could be equally be boring or interesting. The only difference is that it is easy to make a bad guy interesting and cool, but it is vey hard (but very possible) to make a good guy interesting. There are conflicts in good guys, it's just not very obvious. Their conflicts are subtle and not on the nose. You just need to hire a better writers to pull this off.

>Alex Afrasiabi
>promised to do something cool with them
>Alex Afrasiabi
Well, they are really fucked then.

Xth for tired "my class/race/faction is better than yours" shitposts

Looking at you DKcucks and paladinfags

>it is vey hard (but very possible) to make a good guy interesting.
Nobody argues with that. Hence why I said featureless. Turalyon is featureless, thus uninteresting. Warcraft suffers from a general dearth of likeable good characters. You either get bland cardboard cutouts, or huge cunts that are supposed to be good, but really aren't.

>You either get bland cardboard cutouts, or huge cunts that are supposed to be good, but really aren't.
Sad, but true...

Could you give us an example of a likeable good character in Warcraft?

>a likeable good character in Warcraft?
Anduin?

Thisalee Crow

Is she a dorf or a humie, guys?

Turalyon and Khadgar in books.

I kinda like Thrall. I kinda like Velen. I kinda like Tirion. I kinda like Khadgar. I think I generally have a big soft spot for heroes who experience a horrific loss, but don't turn into shit cunts over it like Jaina or Sylvanas.

Thicc Elf.

Obv a human. Blizz only has the capacity to portray Dwarves with beards and braids and hammers and heavy armor. A loose-haired Dwarf in leathers with daggers is beyond them.

Wrong eyebrows and no glowy eyes.

Their eyebrows grow within their thighs for extra thiccness.

Sylvanas

A very THICC human

Jarod

>Thrall
Boring Metzen's pet.
>Tirion
Super boring Metzen's pet.
>Khadgar
Too wacky.
>Velen
Old uninteresting fart. But his "rejection of the Light" storyline is kinda interesting.

Vince_Khadgar.webm

Death Knights and Paladins are the truest of bros and have been friendly rivals since Wrath started. Anybody that's played through Icecrown knows that the Argent Crusade and the Ebon Blade pine after each other. It's tradition to go attack Light's Hope and get our assholes blown out, at this point. It's just friendly bants.

RIP Tirion. He was the realest nigga that ever was.

>RIP Uther. He was the realest nigga that ever was.
Fix.

Liadrin wants Koltira's dick

It doesn't count if you like them for their supple elfboobs.

Unfortunately for her, Koltira wants Thassarian's dick.

Damn! Then I guess there really are no likeable characters in Warcraft.

I like Thisalee Crow for her great personality m8

Hearthstone site categorizes her as human. Judging by proportions she's a rather short human.

Sure, we all do.

Is it wrong, that I find this art very hot?

Broll? Valeera? Med'an?

>Boring Metzen's pet.
He was the first "noble" orc, a pretty big departure from the canon at the time. Also he's good, but not nice. He was perfectly willing to murder the fools who followed him across the ocean to Kalimdor.
>Super boring Metzen's pet.
I like him for his tolerance. He could see the good in undead. Can you say that about many Warcraft characters?
>Too wacky.
That's what makes him cool. He also usually plays the voice of reason in a world of edgelords and anime protagonists, which is a big relief.
>his "rejection of the Light" storyline is kinda interesting.
Exactly.

no, two hot girls fighting for your affection is pretty hot

I like her for the fact that a good amount of her voice lines are thinly veiled innuendo.

>Too wacky.
Hey man, WoD was a dark time for many. Memelord Khadgar was one of the few things in there that brightened everyone's mood.

>It doesn't count if you like them for their supple elfboobs.

I wish I had a pair of supple elfboobs, or possibly supple draeboobs

I've never read that comic, but I know for a fact that Med'an was so hated that he was retconned out of existence.

This is correct. Wasn't he a draenei-orc-human shaman-paladin-mage?

I heard rumors that Turalyon was supposed to be Mograine son instead of Darion (even their names are kinda sound same). He was supposed to purify Ashbringer in Outland with the help of naaru's Light forge? But then Blizzard made a descision to cut this storyline, that's why Turalyon and Alleria were missing in BC. And that's why the Horde got this amazing quest chain of Thrall visiting Nagrand, but Alliance got nothing involving the Sons of Lothar. Are those rumors true?

>ywn cum deep inside Thisalee Crow while she whispers "you scratch my back, I'll CLAW yours" in your ear

Yes.

>but I know for a fact that Med'an was so hated that he was retconned out of existence.
He could become a great villian. Like Tetsuo in Akira.

Med'an was shit, but most of the things around him were good. Cho'Gall, C'thun's influence and Valeera's thighs were good enough to keep around.

That's the first time I've heard of it, but I would prefer it to the Army of Light debacle.

How do we correct Sylvanas fanart?

Quarter Orc, quarter Draenei, half Human, and he's the son of a Guardian tainted by Sargeras, and he's a Shaman/Paladin/Mage.

deleting it

>Winner gets to wear the strapon

>That's what makes him cool. He also usually plays the voice of reason in a world of edgelords and anime protagonists, which is a big relief.

>Khadgar's look when Illidan created a fuckhuge portal to Argus right above Azeroth
Priceless.

Why do people in CURRENT YEAR still draw Sylvanas in a bikini armor that she's never canonically worn?

Those pictures with nude Sylvie are not from america.

My modest proposal.

>Unhealthy fag
I mean, yeah she's already dead but still

We need to go deeper.

>bare feet

I fucking hate footfags.

She canonically wore it in Arthas' bedroom.

So naked except for the hood?

And I hate you.

Didnt Arthas got her cherry because she was too autismal to approach Nathanos before both got scourged? Remember the book said he defiled her body just to humilliate her and had his way with her.

Ahahaha, holy shit, is this real?

Why does the Alliance even tolerate those fucking humans? All they do is drag us into their wars because they are too retarded to keep their mouth shut. Humans have betrayed Azeroth time and time again, first Medivh, then Arthas, then Benedictus. And then they have the gall to interfere with the political climate of their allies and install puppet rulers as they wish. Humans should be evicted from the Alliance and left in their own to languish like the retards they are, only dwarfs6gnomes, draenei and elves should be left.

I'm afraid people won't recognise her without the hood.

>Blue-green skin
>Blonde hair
>Huge fully red eyes
>Eyebrows longer than a dagger
>Tear-like marks
Nah, it will be fine

Calm down Tyrande, Malfurion still loves you.

I think he separated her soul from her body, animated her soulless corpse and made her ghost watch as he fucked her. Not gonna lie, this is pretty damn disturbing.

Aha, that was the whole thing, he made her watch and thats why shes always angry at the mention of his name.

So.....Arthas is a necrophiliac?

Wasn't he already undead when he came back from Icecrown?

>"Highlord! the ebon blade are attacking!"
>"those cheeky fuckers. Fetch me hammer"

>"Deathlord! the Silver hand has consecrated the ebon hold! we lost several ghouls before working it out"
>"Top bants.."

Is there any Warcraft female character that would NOT be improved by being barefoot?

Or maybe she's just slightly irked that he exterminated 90% of her race for the evuls.

Any troll.

Fuck off with your confusing fetish. I want to eat Alexstraza's ass out like a fresh fucking doughnut but you won't see me bring it up unless asked- or to make a point like this. Leave it in your pants

nothing confusing about feet.

Feet fetish is boring

How would you improve gnomes and make them more prominent in the lore? Can we fix it or is it fucked?

I always liked Velen. His entire thing was a literal noble sacrifice and I've always wanted to see the effect this has on draenei society. Does literally everyone still trust him after thousands of years running and dying in droves to "trick" today's enemy? Does their society function without him? In his short story way back we see that the next tier of drae are able to make decisions in his absence. How often have they done so while he watches creation burn?

How do draenei npc's who went over in wod feel about experiencing their first non-eredar extinction level event all over again? Did any of them come back home with new "family" or issues with how Velen runs shit.. and hell, even at the last we should have seen our old nigga shut illidan's petulant ass up.

>You are not the only one to have made sacrifices, betrayer
>I allowed evil to take my people, to swallow the hearts of those I called brothers
>I have watched as those in my charge perished that I might live to see this day
>I have done so because I KNOW. The balm of faith has never been mine stormrage

Have them all die out to solve all problems ever and remove them from everyones memories ala men in black

I don't think he ever died and came back, he just kind of became a Death Knight?

It was never explained outright.

Can you moderate? I've got nothing explicitly against warm dorf-feet or barefoot elves. But you niggers have got to dial it back, you have one of the most common fetishes around. Something so prevalent it's borderline normie. When you come out and imply that all wow female art would be better barefoot, that's like the futafag comming in and going "well why won't they all have visible bulges?"

I wish Tirion could have been raised by the Deathlord, so that he could give me my dream of Forsaken paladins.

Simple. Have the gnomes pull a Theramore. A display of one-sided slaughter that showcases just what their technical edge can do. I've been a long fan of gnomes literally nuking something. Dropping a radiation bomb from max height and just decimating something.

I think its explained as Frostmourn more or less killing him or at lest making off with his soul