Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

So, anons, how many of you are going to cough up some money when the Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter comes?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7bavMRkR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've never given money to a kickstarter, but I'm considering it if I can get the book cheaper.

I’ve supported the line since late 2E and I don’t see any reason to stop

I haven't really supported the line financially, aside from buying Arms of the Chosen, but Dragon-Blooded are the splat I'm looking forwards to the most, so it might be time to start supporting.

WHY WHY WHY is exalted art so bad???
?
?
?

It's pretty average for RPG art.

How exactly does exalting as a Dragonblood work?

Also for other exalts can exalting give you sorcery? I was reading through Scroll of Exalts and two of the character descriptions implied that they gained sorcery when they exalted.

>How exactly does exalting as a Dragonblood work?
Like with other Exaltation, one moment you're mortal, next moment you're full of power and awesomeness. Dragon-Blooded Exaltation usually comes during teenage years, sometimes a bit earlier, rarely if ever later. There doesn't necessarily have to be any big triggering event, though I think Exaltation often comes during some moment of emotional turmoil.

>Also for other exalts can exalting give you sorcery? I was reading through Scroll of Exalts and two of the character descriptions implied that they gained sorcery when they exalted.
Nah. Scroll of Exalts might imply that, but it isn't how sorcery works.

I am, though not sure how much since broke college student.
I've said it before but I'm hoping its successful just so I can rub it in the face of other rpgs

Some of the official art I can even call good, but there some much Flash looking shit. Cover of Core looks ass too. And not just that, OP's pic looks terrible. Even fans are bad, you can't do Chibi right???

0.0% chance of backing one of their kickstarters after the trash art and bad decisions of the 3e kickstarter.

There is some shit art, some good at and a lot of art that's just kinda okay. Like I said, it's pretty average for RPG art, all in all. Also, just as a friendly piece of advide, you shoul really learn to use question marks in moderation.

Are you comparing it to indie drivethrurpg games with small paint sketches? Because it is below average RPG art quality. Y'know, just going off
DnD
ORE
Dread
BASH
Risus
Polaris
ICONS
Wild Talents
TBZ
Legends of the Wulin
Cypher System
Corruption of Champions
Tenra Bansho Zero
FATE
Shadowrun
Mutants and Masterminds
Champions
Ars Magica
Cyberpunk 2020
Superworld
Universalis
Fiasco
Polaris
Archipelago II
Mythic RPG
Annalise
Breaking the Ice
Kagematsu
The Shab-al-Hiri Roach
Shock: social science-fiction
Spione
Thou Art but a Warrior
Dirty Secrets
Cosmic Patrol
White Wolf
Dark Heresy
FATE accelerated
Dungeon World/Powered by the Apocalypse
Velocity
GURPS lite
Fantasy Craft
Eclipse Phase
S&W house rules
Homestuck the webcomic the game
Nightlight
Barbarians of Lemuria
Busty Barbarian Bimbos
Traveller
Dragon Age, why not
FFG Star Wars
CoC
Feng Shui
Amber Diceless
BASH
Bliss Stage
d6 system
Dominion Rules
Double Cross
In Nomine
Iron Heroes
Lamentations of the Flame Princess
Burning Wheel/Mouseguard
Nephilim
Nobilis
The Riddle of Steel
Superworld
Adventurer Conqueror King system
GUMSHOE system

Going off the top of my head.

Anyone got a pastebin of Ku Nenaveya From Adversaries of the Righteous?

Nah, if you consider the art as a whole instead of getting stuck on the few shitty pieces - whcih admittedly are shitty indeed- it's just what I said. Average. Nothing special, one way or another.

Alright then, I was just trying to get people posting anyways.

I'm kind of new-ish, so please, bear with me for a second.

What are some ways to allow heroic mortals to punch somewhat beyond their weight? I gather they can receive boons from supernatural training and sorcerous gifts. They can also learn sorcery, but martial arts, even terrestial, are beyond their reach, right? They cannot use artifacts, but I saw people talking about powerful gear like power armors. Although I think these were not yet ported to 3e, am I correct? How did they work in previous editions?

Mortals can gain essence pools of their own, at least, in 2e, but beyond the first ten motes they must spend willpower to access. In addition, they don't have any excellencies, and they can't combo either - they can only use one charm per action.

They can use Terrestrial Martial arts, if they're initiated into it by a proper teacher. They can also learn Emerald Circle sorcery, but those individuals are very rare - they have to have Occult 5 to make up for their lack of power, and they don't have the protections Exalted have when dealing with demons and spirits. If they have an essence pool, they can commit to artifacts, and any mortal can wear Gunzosha armor - although without the specific surgical mounts, it drains at their lifespan very fast.

Most of the art is meh. Mel art gave Exalted a distinct style and look. I'm glad she still contributes with her artwork.

Most artist, working on Exalted nowdays, are technically superior to Melissa. But their art is generic, bland and lifeless. You could take almost any of those artworks and try to sell it to some other rpg line.

An essence 2 awakened mortal seems to have 20 motes. I don't know if an ess 1 one has 15 or 10, but if it's 15 even the ess 1 guy can actually pilot a Warstrider.
I don't know what a Gundam armor is thought. How is it different from a strider?

Since someone asks this every thread, I'll go transcribe it up now.

A saint and a scholar

pastebin.com/7bavMRkR

Ifraja the Librarian, a mortal sorceror, is only occult 4. And he isn't presented as a particularly weak sorceror.

With a specialty?

Nope. And he's Int 2. Frankly I suspect the summoning circle in his basement is the only reason he hasn't been beaten to death by blood-apes yet.

Does anyone have the post errata version of Arms of the Chosen that they can post?

I mean he's not even awakened. His entire power base is just his book. If he lost the book he'd be just an old shithead.

Awakened Essence doesn't exist in 3e.

But it does
Mortals with 2 essence have 20 motes. But he somehow is still essence one despite being a old sorcerer

If he lost his book he'd lose access to his shaping ritual, but I think he'd still be able to go around gobbling books with his head eye and casting spells.

Plus, like most everyone nowadays, he doubles 10s and rounds up. So he's not doing terribly.

Source? Per 3e core "Mortals are essence 1". Ku Nenaveya is essence 2, with a personal mote pool of 20, but she was remade by a deathlord.

You can give mortals a personal mote pool of up to 9m with Prophet uplifting prana.

>went through that tutorial
huh ok yeah I can get into this mechanically
now if I only had a good idea of the world. I know it's a mashup, but I'm having trouble making a mental image in the same vein as I could with D&D.

The fact one of Ku Nenaveya's charms possesses the 'Eclipse' keyword pretty much explicitly mark her as "a spirit, fair folk or similar supernatural being" - while her possesion of the Exalted Healing merit suggests she is not an exalt, spirit or fair folk (since they get it by default and have no need to list it).

I would suppose she is now some manner of supernatural creature created via sorcerous working (or, potentially, charm).

Like you said, it varies. But if you imagine it as a conan-esque sword and sorcery world built on the ruins of ancient wonders you won't go far wrong. Some people say it's bronze age, but it's really more "Mythic Age of Gilgamesh and Achilles"

Ku Neneveya isn't a mortal, user. She's almost certainly a fairly powerful Ghost-Blooded.

Mortals can become something other than mortal, as seen in the writeup of Mist. There's no reason to assume that achieving that is easy enough for the average Terrestrial Circle sorcerer to pull off. It might not even be desirable - a change like that might have complications, as also seen in the writeup of Mist.

Neneveya is the second one that has 20 motes. On the core, I think the first boy after humans and regular nonhuman ashtrays antags. To me it seems to fit with the old questing stuff.

That's Mist, a "strangefolk". He hasn't aged in generations, can survive anything so long as nobody bother to verify his death (but just stands there going "No one could survive that") and has a major principle of "My past seems like a dream".

He emerged from the wyld and is one weakness to iron away from being a fair folk. Fair Folk, for what it's worth, also seeming to have 20 personal motes at essence 2.

Related to all of that, he's a revolutionary who overthrows rulers without giving any thought to reasons, justifications or consequences. It's just what he does, because he's the eternal revolutionary. The goals and concerns of the farmer called Mist have no place in that creature's heart. Mist's love for his homeland and people, which originally led him to seek power in the Wyld, no longer exists within him. It's pretty obvious why a sorcerer like Ifraja wouldn't have soght that kind of power, if it comes with such a price.

If OPP continues at this pace it'll take them 2.5+ years to get each Exalt splat out. That is unac-fucking-ceptable. I'm not buying any of their products unless the rate of production speeds up enormously.

>Scroll of Exalts might imply that, but it isn't how sorcery works.
That is how it worked in 2E under the correct circumstances. Arianna had already undergone trials of humility, tutelage, journey, fear, and sacrifice, so when she exalted she was instantly a sorceress. Any time you underwent the necessary trials and then became an Exalt you could become a sorcerer. In mechanical terms you had to shove bonus points into buying Essence 3.

You're off in a few places. If you don't have the superior version of enlightened essence in Scroll of Heroes you have to pay 1wp to access your peripheral Essence pool. So Essence 1 characters have a measly 3m to use before they need to spend that willpower. I don't remember anything about mortals requiring Occult 5 for emerald sorcery, the really, really big problem was that they need to get to Essence 3 on top of having enlightened Essence. That requires at least 68 XP. And gunzosha armor cut your remaining life span in half even WITH the Aegis Inset Amulets. Those amulets let you attune to any armor with an attunement cost of 5m or less.

And all of this is only relevant in 2E.

Essence 1 is 10 motes in 2E.

Which books has info about Demon-Blooded?

The core book, Compass of Celestial Directions: Malfeas, Manual of Exalted Powers: Infernals, and Scroll of Heroes. But Scroll of Heroes is so bad that most people agree it shouldn't exist.

>Like you said, it varies. But if you imagine it as a conan-esque sword and sorcery world built on the ruins of ancient wonders you won't go far wrong. Some people say it's bronze age, but it's really more "Mythic Age of Gilgamesh and Achilles"
neato. got me some daydream fodder for the weeks ahead, much appreciated fampai
have this random image i found, hope it's unique enough

Thanks I want to make a group of Demon-Blooded Taimanin expies.

I doubt she's anything at all really. The devs have said before they want to move away from 2e's category fever. Some things are probably just weird things that simply are

And yet they're making more and more Exalted. Fuckers can't make up their god damn minds.

You know I can easily see a Twilight Scholar who not only has a burning need to categorize everything in creation, but the sorcerous might to force them to be true.

They've scrapped like five different splats that morke and holden promised. Which is a start.

I did like the sound of a wyld based exalt. At least Exigents will give us a guide to play one. Hopefully Exigents will lead to a shit load of new exalt ideas that people can choose to use if they want.

RIP qt 3.14

I think Lunars should become Wyld exalts, it would give them a solid identity. You can go barbarian, but that's just a visual aesthetic and a sociopolitical structure. I can't infer spiritual, magical qualities from that and implement it in their charms. The Wyld is like a dream, ever changing, paradoxical, ephemeral, vivid, and full of untapped possibility. And it hearkens back to 1E when Luna wasn't exactly a god but rather something that wandered in from the Wyld and agreed to protect Creation because it loved Creation and Gaia.

>I want to make a group of Demon-Blooded Taimanin expies.
Big-titted ninja girls in tight clothes that get raped by orcs? I don't think you need much in the way of mechanics to do that, user.

Does anyone have any art of ipithymia that WON'T send me to jail?

I'd play that. Ten times over.

I mean, exaltation for non-deebs is kinda a trial of sacrifice

Rakashashasha, but actually if the gods got assistance from some of the more powerful unshaped... it could work

I thought they were just being collected into one big book?

Why, do you got art that would and you've been holding out?

Your party runs into Ku Neneveya's twin sister, created by the Lover Clad in a Raiment of Tears. Her charms are exactly the same as the other's, except that they're powered by intimacies of Love, instead of Hate.

She's also a yandere for one of your PCs. What do you do?

As non-canon options. And only the three that where previewed in the core, not the two oceanic exalt types that where pitched way back when.

For my one exalt, this would be a marked improvement. For the other, the start of a very abusive relationship.

Mechanics-wise, is 3E a big improvement?
How about playing 2E with a few 3E-inspired rule tweaks?

I grok combat in 3E alot more than 2E and as a result I find it a lot more enjoyable. Though due to how it abstracts out it can lead to some strange situations.

Also I personally preferred when mortals didn't double 10s, but that's just me.

Quads don't lie. I really liked her Cathak Cainan.

Also, are there rules for a strong person wielding a warstrider weapon? Specifically, a warstrider grand daiklave?

what are the differences between scion1e and exalted 2e?

I've seen crossover of exaltd and owod but not with scion, how difficult would it be to import one into the other and how would you do it (and don't say a ground up rewrite into 3e)

>Mechanics-wise, is 3E a big improvement?

Definitely. The combat and social engines are genuinely great, and we no longer get degenerate situations like Paranoia Combat.

Is access to the imperial manse restricted or do DBs have some way of trying their luck to get inside?

what about the improvised weapon rules for something really heavy?
they basically were in 1e. they were also ass. somehow more so than 2e
moar heart pantiez fetish outfits and nipple piercings!!!

I guess "it doesn't matter how many times we tell the artist to stop, this is just what she draws" technically counts as a distinctive style...

Thanks for the feedback. It does seem like a pretty good iteration of the ST system.

It is, though it obviously isn't flawless. It's actually fun to play, though, at least for players who don't mind crunch.

heart panties and fire crotches are not made by Mel

What would be his Caste, Supernal and Iconic Anima, Veeky Forums?

All I remember that artist for is making the canonically skinnyfat Physician of Black Maladies into a fucking brick shithouse.

Does creation have corners or is it round?

It kinda fades into the Wyld. So cornersish?

Not really. It's like the coastline of an island

The actual guy, or the meme? The actual guy would be an Eclipse with Linguistics favored, since that's the Ability you use to make political cartoons. Zyklon Ben, the One-Man Holocaust, would probably be a Dawn with Archery favored, since that's the Ability you use to use Creation's gun-equivalents.

why

an island is more square than spherical.

just cause it's all raggity and gay doesn't mean the edge of the world doesn't exist

>How exactly does exalting as a Dragonblood work?

iirc same as activating the x gene in marvel

random guy? or hitler?

hitler is a zenith

>random guy?

Seen here: Exalted categorization fetish disorder

Islands are cylinders as they're just tall mountains. It's because the shoreline is ragged and gay that islands are round? What square island is there?

when people say "the earth is round" do you picture a circular piece of parchment with a map sketched on?
creation has 4 edges. so it'd have four corners too

The earth? No. Creation? Yes.

>Creation is a cylinder.
>Going East or West far enough through the Wyld will wrap you round to the other end.
>Going North or South however just drops you into infinite existence land.
Or vice-versa.

I don't like the 2e infernal torments, they just feel like odd fits for the various yozi. anyody got homebrew replacements? mostly looking for adjoran malfeas and ed

and while on the subject, a homebrew replacement 2e infernals tree for ebondragon but using his 1e characterization would be awesome

Iconic Anima: An infinite triptych that is in constant change, showing the events which earnt him his many monikers

No they haven't. We even have three names to go along with the Getimians, so if you count the Liminals as well, that's five different splats that are still going to be around.

you can bet your ass that three of those wouldn't exist if h&h didn't slap them in the damn core lol

Do we know what Mardukth's themes were?

>The actual guy, or the meme?
>implying there's a difference

Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Dragonblood, Abyssals, Infernals, Alchemicals, Getimians, Chernozem, Hearteaters, Umbrals, Dream-Eaters, Exigents, The Spoken and The Chosen of the Deep where are all the promised exalted splats I can recall.

So 7 from 1&2E and 8 entirely new ones - maybe one of which I can rustle up any amount of interest in.

Getimians and unfortunately Liminals are getting splatbooks. Heartseekers, Umbral, and Dreamsouled are not getting Splatbooks. And they are also optional canon so they might as well not exist.

Err Hearteaters not Heartseekers

>Heartseekers, Umbral, and Dreamsouled are not getting Splatbooks
Do we know anything about them yet?

No and we won't besides an appendix in the Exigent book.

>Dexterity 4
>Melee (Frozen Heart) 4
>Dodge 3
>Evasion 3, Parry 5 (Melee);
They've made a mistake, here. Defenses round up, so it should be Evasion 4 and Parry 6.

One is the Wyld based exalt.

Honestly I'm hoping for maybe 15 pages each. Some lore with some example charms and an example character.

I don't think any of the ones from the niboean war were ever promised. I thought even holden and and morke said they would likely not show up since they're all extinct

The plan was for them to get their own book detailing the war at the beginning of the First Age. The new devs have said that they'd nix one of the groups of them (the Chosen of the Depths) since they were basically just Exalted fish-people whose identity was centered around being Exalted fish-people, so why not just make them Exalted fish-people and use the existing Exaltation types?