So, this "Tau", are they Chaos whorsippers?

>So, this "Tau", are they Chaos whorsippers?
>No my liege. In fact, they barely have any pressence on the warp.
>They must then surely think that the life of one of their species is worth millions of ours
>Not exactly. For them, it is all about "the greater good", what improves the states of things.
>What do they think about Necrons, tyranids and Chaos?
>I suppose that the same as us, a threat to their continuity, and something that needs to be taken care about by any means possible.
>And we are not allied with them and still using our resources fighting against them because....?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XzLeQs6jZEM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BECAUSE THEY DON'T EVEN ENGAGE IN MELEE!

>implying the Imperium would willingly accept any positive relations with any non-human race

Because 40k is retarded child of fantasy waha. Parody of a parody setting, there is no logic behind the actions of empire, the only reason 40k exists is chaos wankery. Men with good taste, come home, fantasy waha is much more comfy

While I get that Guilleman was more pragmatic and forward thinking than the other primarchs, he does still have first hand experience of the duplicitous nature of xenos.
Think he'd be so trusting of them when he learns that humans are second class citizens to the Tau?

>Eldar

While you make a good point, it is implied that Tau believe themselves to be superior to humans. They infiltrate and usurp human worlds regularly, and engage in warfare, rather than simply defending themselves. Their water caste is probably what makes them most dangerous. Most human diplomats will be tricked by them.

Being second class citizien on an empire is not so bad to, say, copletely assimilated to biomass, disintegrated by gauss weaponry or disemboweled and scalped as an offer to the gods. They do not have to be besties, but a non-aggresion treaty in order to be able to use their forces in other theatres of war seems like the most logical way of going about it.

Hi Kitten, Shadowsun called, she wanted to know why you are not returning her calls.

As opposed to Humans, who think of Tau as second class citizens.

It's just one more thing they have in common.

Fantasy waha is dead and Chaos wank killed it.

>implying Guilliman didn't happily murder the shit out of some xenos despite being far less of a threat during the crusade

Different time, different priorities.

BECAUSE THEY ARE FILTHY XENOS MY LORD. THEY ARE AN INFERIOR RACE TO THE PERFECTION THAT IS MAN(girl)KIND

Because only their Earth Caste habe THICC thighs. Also, Eldar are hotter.

Even then, Gue'vasa are treated pretty fairly, if you ignore the stupider parts of the fluff like Dawn of War. Maybe they'll go full retard in the next 'dex, but the last account of Gue'Vasa I read said they were allowed self-governance, to continue their worship of the Emperor, manufacturing facilities enough to produce most basic Imperial technology and even, once they'd proven themselves, being allowed to create military detachments for self-defence or serving with the Tau military as auxiliaries.

It's a better deal than most Imperial citizens get, slaving the way at the behest of some tyrannical planetary governor.

But don't Eldar and Humans regularly shit on each other for no reason other than "THEY'RE DIFFERENT, THEY MUST BE THE ENEMY!!!!"

They're clearly Tsundere for each other. It's how we show our affection.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzLeQs6jZEM

NOT FUCKING CANON!!!!!!!!!!!

You keep saying that and yet every weekend you are grabbing some blueberry pie and end the night screaming "take it all you blue whore! Take all my Great Good!"

It can only be assumed that guarding a shiny chair must get really lonely.

Because the Tau expand their empire at the cost of the Imperium - they invade Imperial worlds.

Neither side is willing to go for a peaceful coexistence

Lord Regent, I come with a question.
What do I do if there's some Eldar chick following me around, hugging me while babbling in her weird language, and trying to hold my hand? I'm scared and confused.

So Tau women DO prefer Human men!

*posthuman

Close enough.

So do humans and other humans. What I'm saying is that humanity's hatred of Eldar is not as strong as their hatred for Necrons or Tyranids. More importantly, Eldar, while all high and mighty, are willing to ally whenever they benefit from it as well. An alliance is possible, even if it would be one riddled with tension. The same goes for Tau

Full house checked & checked!

>the only reason 40k exists is chaos wankery
>who is Archaon
glass houses, stones, ect
t. person who likes both settings and dislikes console war bullshit

Because the Tau are an incredibly minor power and the Imperium loses more resources to rounding errors than it does fighting them

> Shadowsun called, she wanted to know why you are not returning her calls.
That's not fair, she's the one who broke up with him!

>All this Tau propaganda

They will, literally chop your dick off before you could fuck their forehead vaginas you Slaanesh-following idiots.

Where we're going, we won't need dicks to rape.

Guilliman is fully aware of the events of the Old Night and what happened to humanity when the aliens they trusted turned on them in a bid for dominance.

>And we are not allied with them and still using our resources fighting against them because....?
They're aliens lifeforms and our society is based off of a 2000AD comic about a Xenophobic SuperPope.

But the aliens saved humans from the rebellious robots.

No they didn't. Humanity destroyed the Men of Iron and their Empire was completely destroyed. Then the warp storms happened and things got worse.

>Great Good!

I see...I mean I don't but you know...

Because they are a joke, my lord. The only reason they haven't been genocided is because no one cares enough to do the paperwork. They have maybe 30 planets, and the latest expansion got stomped out of existence by mortarions dogs. They have fancy tech but it's still not near the level of necrons. They don't use warp travel, but what they do use is slow and inefficient. They dont believe in melee combat and stubbornly refuse to practice it, even though this has came back to haunt them multiple times.

Simply put, lord, they aren't worth the effort.

Follow the advice of an ancient scholar of old Terra, I believe his name is... Descartes. Study him and you will know what to do.

I remembered a topic which explains why alliance doesn't work even with Tau and Eldar since we are using the IOM

>Are you suggesting that the eldar use the tau as something like a satellite state against the other forces of the galaxy? That seems like something that neither the tau nor the eldar want. The tau, at their core, follows an ideology of self-righteousness. They may preach unity however they want, but at the end of the day the unity is theirs, the tolerance is theirs, and the state is theirs. They do not preach co-existence; they preach annexing other races. Even the method that their Rthereals (the tau's, not the XCOM aliens) use to control those around them is through imposition, not persuasion. Given this, I do not see them as being willing to fight for the cause of the eldar.

>Assuming they are willing, the eldar are not. The tau are, in their view, more childish than the Imperium (which is saying a lot). Views by the eldar in relation to the tau has always been that the tau are naive, callow, and underdeveloped, and all rightly so. They do not even understand the fundamental nature of Chaos or know what danger it poses. If the eldar think so poorly of the humans, then their opinion on the tau is going to be far more unflattering. Furthermore, you say that it would be a good idea to use the tau militarily, but there is literally nothing that the tau could do upon the battlefield that the eldar could not, as I have argued for before. If it is a military constraint that the eldar faces, then the tau would definitely not be their first choice.

>Kitten is white

>...because they sterilize planetary populations who join them.

>Archaon
Reminder that this is the last piece of GW approved media of Archaon in the old world

You mean, like us, they wipe out heretical xeno populations, bombard them right down to the bedrock?
>Nossir. They, ah, put something in the water supply. Make it so that you can't... get your little Emperor up.
My what? I beg your pardon?
>Your Multilaser, sir. Your Holy Power Sword, with which you give life with.
Speak clearly, man! I pay you to give information, not speak in riddles!
>Your dick, sah! They put something in the water that means you can't get your dick up to have kids!
Oh, right. Wait, they do what?! That's horrible! More than horrible! Worse than death - it's an utterly heretical act to prevent procreation of Man! How dare they! We're civilised people, we have guardsmen bayonet babies while laughing in good fashioned fun, but that - that goes too far! Schedule them for immediate exterminatus!
>Sir, they're split over a small sector.
Fine, just throw a couple of extra space marine chapters at them and call it a day. I'm going back to bed and see if I can't get my Little Emperor to rise to the occasion.

>but a non-aggresion treaty
The whole point is both sides merely use that as an opportunity to leverage an advantage over the other. The tau empire and imperium of man can't really coexist, since both see themselves as the ones who should rule.

There's a lengthy fluff passage (about nimbosa) in the very first tau codex to that effect.

No they don’t Dow meme wanker. Even in the game it was only because no peaceful integration could work.

Daily reminder that you are a moron and that is just a screenie from twitter. This is the last shot of Archaon amidst the ruins of the World that was.

Fantasy is much more Chaos dominated since from the start of the setting it was said that Chaos was going to win.

There is no proof that the T'au sterilised anyone. But we have documented cases of the Imperium have sterilising billions of people and then working them to death. For example, the original people of Armageddon.

pretty early on, 40k has been stated that chaos has already won.

of course, that was before the necrons and nids showed up.

Please don't lie. Veeky Forums isn't a site for underaged people. Leave.

even emps himself said chaos won.

Don't mistake me for carnac. Seeing chaos lose significant conflicts despite their prophesied win is pretty goddamn satisfying, if just to shut up chaos wankers like carnac and ADB.

>thread gets derailed by weebs circlejerking
Every fucking time

Because both races view themselves as superior and that they should rule the galaxy.

Eldar and humanity are a psychic race and can both destroy Chaos, if their wind conditions are met. Tau have no end game, because their only protection against Chaos is their shit tier and brainwashed souls, which is only a temporary protection.

Chaos literally won every conflict that matters.

>armageddon: losing
>horus heresy: draw
>cadia: lose(goal was to take cadia, not blow it up)
>13 black crusades: all failures
>siege of fenris: lost
>konor: lost
???

Nope, we been over this. The Emperor himself said that there is no beating Chaos even if humanity evolved to the psychic golden race. In fact, it will only make things worse in the long run since humanity would be treading on the same path that caused the Aledari to fall.

As for the Aledari, one the lore writers on Warhammer tv said Ynnead actually killing Slaanesh is an impossibility since there would be always excess and emotion around to sustain him.

The T'au on the other hand are said by Eldrad to have a likely possibility of ascending and surpassing the greatest works pf the Aledari.

>no conflict matters :^) Chaos triumph is inevitable, just like their constant defeats

>WWGD?

Already answered by the based CATO SICARIUS

>>armageddon: losing

Doesn't matter. It was a mindless rampage.

>>horus heresy: draw

The Webway was the real objective. Horus was the distraction. Chaos won a crushing victory in the Webway forcing the Emperor to admit that Chaos won forever.

>cadia: lose(goal was to take cadia, not blow it up)

You are a moron. All 6th ED and up lore says that Abaddon wanted Cadia destroyed. Heck, in GS1 Abaddon's first move when he Black Fleet arrives is to shoot the planet destroying Warp Lazor from the Blackstone Fortress on Cadia.

black crusades: all failures

All successes as per the fluff.

>>siege of fenris: lost

Half a success as per the fluff.

>konor: lost

It was the opening solvo of the second siege of Ultramar. One battle, not the whole war. And even then one of the planets that Chaos took is literally drowning the rest with daemons.

>All successes as per the fluff.
as per the retcons**

SeeNot a single war that matters was lost.

So you were pretending to be retarded just now?

because as much as we may love warhammer,in the end is just a sea of shit with some ocasional diamonds surfacing.muh war,muh xenophobia,my grimdark plus bad writters limited the growth of this setting from the start,its just bad overral

Chaos players in a shellnut
It's alright, you'll be big boys soon enough :^y

in sum,warhammer needs more catgirls

Not an argument.

And I am a more xenos guy.

go away carnac.

>he calls it "waha"

opinion discarded.

Any sane person just ignores everything about Archaon, of all the stupid chaos lords across both setting he has probably the most retarded reason for falling.
>MY GOD DIDN'T COME DOWN AND TELL ME NOT TO FALL TO CHAOS
>THE VERY SAME CHAOS I DEEPLY DESPISE
>BETTER JOIN CHAOS

But Archaon wanted to use Chaos to take down both Sigmar and the Chaos Gods. It's still a work in progress.

>ITS A SCREENIE FROM TWITTER
>ARCHAON DESTROYED THE WORLD I PROMISE
Go away. everyone knows that Surtha Ek is the true everchosen

-any sane person ignores one of the most important characters of the setting
what a great setting warhammer is

>edgy squig food
>important character.
And if warhammer is so shit, why is Age of Sigmar pawning warhammer characters to sell their excellent(tm) and original(tm) worldbuilding?

>one of the most important character of the setting
>only notable victory is End Times which should never have happened in the first place
>only other thing people remember him for is getting suckerpunched by Grimgor

Reminder that nu-lore perspective on things is warped and kid friendly.

Even though Ultras are reasonable by imperial standards, they are Space Marines and wont hesitate in butchering the Tau.

Just look at the game Fire Warrior. Captain Ardias helps a Tau correctly identifying he's no threat, but later dies still fighting the Tau.

you both missed my point,i'm saying the whole thing is neverending bullshit from the start,archaeon,guilliman,abaddon and other such mary sues are holding the quality of both universes from the start

I won't argue that but Archaon is the only cunt on that level of shittiness I can think of in regards to Fantasy. Nagash is at least an entertaining asshole.

fantasy had great worldbuilding that went almost completly unused,im just waiting for the time travel retcon from age of sigmar back to fantasy in 10 years

40k turned to shit when the story focused on a handful of super special snowflake characters instead of the vastness of the galaxy. Back in grimdark 40k you could read stories of anonymous nobodies in every faction's codex, eerie and with a sense of mystery.

Nowadays is just marysue shit, looks like a shit japanese shonen or something. I dont give a fuck about muh primarchs, muh special eldar, muh special custards, muh elite of the elite of the elite etc....

I want to read about the shitty life of a guardsman, the ruthlessness and dehumanization of a space marine, the mischief of an eldar etc....

>Gue'vasa
Human beings belong to the God-Emperor, He can do with them as he wishes. Tau having Humans in their Empire is theft of the God-Emperor's property.

>there is literally nothing that the tau could do upon the battlefield that the eldar could not
While I agree in principle, there’s one thing the ray can do the elder cant.
‘Replace their losses’

this,primarchs,big heroes,big villains,they whole setting shouldn't revolve just around then.At this point as a fan of warhammer im just going through the motions,do we even care about the lore anymore?

Gobbla couldn't even eat a Skaven before dying.

Don't forget the mass murders, sterilisations, brainwashing etc. you cucklord

>ignoring them stealing humans treating all non tau as a lower class
the state of anti imperial propaganda

Also T'au crisis suits are the same level of Marines and there are tons of them. T'au outnumber the Aledari on the field and their firepower is superior to the Aledari. I mean the most common weapon the T'ay have shoots plasma and its at the same level as marine bolters. The basic weapon of Aledari infantry is a crude projectile weapon that isn't near the lethality of the bolter and pulse rifle.

Why are you referring to yourself as "we"?

>mass murders

Do not happen.

>sterilisations

Do not happen.

>brainwashing

And it's a lesser extent to what the Imperium does and they have more freedoms.

Only cucks bend down for the Imperium.

i am the voice of the people

underrated post

They still have diplomats. What doesn't help is that they're both very prideful and bad at differenciating between subfactions.
DE raiding human settlements? Counterstrike on craftworld.
Rogue governor killing some eldar? Let's put the entire sector on fire.

>that in-universe goalpost shifting
You and your kind are the vatniks of 40k.

>You and your kind are the vatniks of 40k.

There is no goalposting. The lore is saying something and you are saying something else. Lore > you.

I can source what I am saying. I can bring images and text. For example, Abaddon wanting Cadia blown up instead of captured which in the codexes and Gathering Storm book 1. Now what's your excuse for being a moron?

And yet they treat them as 2nd class citizens and forbids them from using tau plasma weapons and battlesuits

Wrong.

We have novels and audiobooks where we have seen Gue'vesa regiments using T'au armor, pulse rifles and carbines, and devilfish transports. A Gue'vesa'O was seen using a T'au crisis suit.

It's obnoxious that teegee lore knowledge too a dive these years.

the T'au are born blind and need the blood of Humans spread upon their eyelids in order to be able to open their eyes

And then you'll hypocritically complain that they need to stop being vague about the lore and stop the 'being mysterious' gimmick.

Name one playable himan Tau in a battlesuit.