>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/21Whc22e

>Previously, on /5eg/
Tell me anons do you or your players understand Justice?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/mikemearls/status/904496324598304768
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eberron_Campaign_Setting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Tell me anons do you or your players understand Justice?
Oh we understand it, but vengeance is a lot more fun.

I understand justice probably better than 99% of the other people here.

Justice is for chumps.

Sometimes it isn't fun. Sometimes it is just what is required.

How often do you hand out magical items? Giving players rewards seems very hard to do in this game without things getting out of hand.

Can I get a quick rundown on wild magic sorcerer?

Of course not.

It's entire gimmick relies on the DM too much, it's shit.

Every session where the players are rewarded. But rarely anything from the book.

It's mostly low level scrolls anyone can use, minor enchantments for equipment and such.

>Can I get a quick rundown on wild magic sorcerer?
You offer handjobs to your DM until he lets you use your class features

>My DM is letting us use UA for races and things like Revised Ranger
>Gonna run a Forge Cleric out of Xanathar's

What races have good synergy? I was thinking Warforged would be fun.

>handjobs
No wonder people think the build is shit, you're intended to blow your DM to get real mileage out of it.

Xanathar's Guide has a section on awarding magic items, with a table showing the average number of minor and major magic items a party should get during each of the four major level thresholds, with furthur breakdowns into what rarity those magic items should be.

I don't get to run games that run longer than a session or two usually, so I don't get to hand them out often. I like to let them have an uncommon or two to start the game just for a little bit more unique flavor.

The "mother, may I?" abilities aren't that big of a deal if you have an understanding DM, but the fact that the DM can just say "no lol" makes it feel reaaally bad. Add on to that the fact that WotC keeps making better chaos magic features for the wizard (IE mainly positive effects with much more control), especially when a level 1 wild sorc is just as likely as to kill the party as he is to get some of the better effects.

Whaddup faggots. Do you guys have this already or do I need to provide scans?

while stereotypical as fuck, I enjoyed being a big meaty mountain dwarf, making things and beating people to death with them.

will check that out, sounds great.
>low level scrolls anyone can use
a one use spell for any class to use? Sounds like a good reward. What minor enchantents for equipment are you talking about though? Are those also 1 time uses? Because +1 atk roll and +dmg on weapons and +spell DC is where you seem to run into trouble

scans pls

not him, but playing a forge cleric and not picking dwarf almost feels like a crime

Whats the deal with those fantasy ground files in the 5e trove? Can i use it with my fantasy grounds account?

Maybe

the DMG and Xanathar's Guide have a bunch of magical knick knacks like cloaks that you can make wave in the wind as a bonus action, or boots that let you leave false footprints, which act as fun, non-combat oriented treasures for your party, as well as good inspiration for your own trinkets you can give to the party occasionally to reward them with cool stuff that won't make them OP as fuck.

How do undead come about in 5e, again? The ones not just raised by necromancy, that is.

There is only one magic weapon in the party right now. It's a gem that when attached to a weapon it makes it so it can be lit on fire for a total of one minute before it burns out. It adds 1d8 fire damage to all attacks. If it works out alright, i will start adding more.

How would y'all improve UA Eberron?

The backspace key.

Angry spirits, gods, raw magic going buttfucknuts.

Actusl artificer class, defent races, some common magical items and magitech vehicles

that's great, essentially utility items, like cantrips that maybe the martials especially can get? Would probably be appreciated.

Anyone have an ideas how I can translate my idea of a gunslinging Lawman/Bounty Hunter Paladin into a 5e character? I don't particularly care for the divine aspect of the class, but the Oaths, particularly the Oath of Vengeance, have piqued my interest. Ranged Weapons don't work with Divine Smite, IIRC, and that's one of the primary methods Paladins use to keep up in combat.

I've been told "just roll Gunslinger," but the whole gritty trick shooting shtick doesn't mesh well with the vision of the character and his motivations and desires at all. Giving my character a firearm and the proficiency to go with it has already been approved by the DM, so I don't need to worry about trying to somehow weld the needed features onto whatever chassis I choose.

No, silly.
You don't type backspace to delete your own words.
There's one on your keyboard.

Just be a holy AF fighter. With some levels in Paladin.

Ask your DM to let you use ranged weapons and link him this
mobile.twitter.com/mikemearls/status/904496324598304768

You play 4e or don't do Eberron

Why? What makes 4e so special?

Artificer is it's own thing and retune some of the races (Some stuff for Warforged should be within subraces). I don't know why they're so afraid to add an actual 'Guns' class. If people don't want it, they don't have to use it, but it'd be nice to have the official option.

Guns don't exist in Eberron.

4e by all accounts I've seen was trash.

Should've clarified I meant in general.

So why run Eberron in it?

Not in a direct *This is a firearm.* way but they kind of exist in EB.

It's not special, it's just the only way to play Eberron.

Why?

What is the most autistic race in 5e?

Nah, you either use cheap wands or enchanted crossbows.

That's extremely good news right there. I could probably just roll full Paladin and not have to worry about multiclassing at all, though I am tempted to snag a couple fighter levels just to get a few goodies.

Not the same guy.
Personally I just want to see some damn fluff for Eberron races.
That and an improvement to the crunch we got for UA Eberron.

It was made for 4e and 5e completely lacks the proper support for Eberron mechanically.

It was made for 3.5e tho.

Whatever race a player feels 100% compelled to pick because it is the most optimal choice instead of it fitting the character.

In what regard?

We currently serve the God of Justice/Traveling/Luck in our setting, so yeah. Though Justice is a vague term.

It was made for 3.5e.
A simple google search would've shown you this, but you had to post without chrecking and now you look retarded.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eberron_Campaign_Setting

Well excuuuse me, princess. I can’t play an effective barbarian as an Elf.

You can entirely do that, you just don't want to.

Sure you can.
Just like that guy yesterday who wanted to be a Kenku Bard.
You can do anything, that's what this game is all about.

Making a class just for a certain weapon type would suck. Instead, just let a couple of the martial classes have proficiencies in types of guns and then their more interesting features can be used with guns instead of swords or hammers or knives.

You easily can. Races, backgrounds and classes can combo nicely but none of the three depend on each other to work at all.

>You can do anything, that's what this game is all about.
Unless you want to play a race that isn't in 5e yet

Why not, buddy?

Oh yeah?

I've jerked off to someone's incredible female elf barbarian for 4 days, step it up

Eberron is the "action-movie" D&D setting.

4e is the "PC's are action-heroes" D&D system, complete with HP-explicitly as plot-shield. This is one of the main stated reasons many people hated it, but it is also a reason it specifically does Eberron better than any other edition.

In OD&D you're dudes with a few special skills trying to survive in and explore a fantasy world

in 3.X.... honestly I don't know what you're supposed to be, it's garbage; don't use it

In 4e you are the protagonists of an action movie set in a fantasy world.

In 5e, you are indeed exceptional adventurers, but still very much an insignificant part of a larger living-breathing world that will continue to go on with or without you.... this just so happens to be what a large portion of the market, especially the segment of the market that did not like 4e, explicitly asked for.... and 5e delivers exactly what was ordered.

Use each tool for its intended purpose: you wouldn't use a chainsaw to perform brain surgery, or a scalpel to cut down a redwood.

5e seems comfy. I don't want to be too important or too weak.

post em

The Dexterity boost elves receive is useful for pretty much any class. If your DM allows UA content, the Grugach sub-race perfectly compliments Barbarian with its +1 to Strength and +2 to Dexterity, or you could pick Avariel and gain a flying speed that lets you leap between hard-to-reach foes. Even if UA material isn't available to you, a Wood Elf makes a fine Barbarian with its 35 foot base walking speed and the flavour of a wild warrior.

Post feet.

Why not what, why don't you want to? I don't fucking know but I do know the claim made is false.

>in 3.X.... honestly I don't know what you're supposed to be, it's garbage; don't use it
A bunch of wizards jerking off and rubbing their glitter cum on martials' faces

Reminder that Warhammer user has won.

I'm joining a game that's already started but I'm a little stumped on what to join with crunchwise. I want to play the other half of a changeling swap. So not the fey that was left, but the human kid that got taken by the fey. Has to go out in the mortal realm to blahblahblah. Has a feycurse that he can't lie. I want to play a gish but that isn't a hard thing.

Looking at the classes the best fits seem to blade pact warlock with fey patron. But from what I've lurked on the net before is they suck balls. Should I just go eldritch fighter as refluff instead or paladin of ancients?

I think we've had this for 18 months. Thank you though.

They don't suck, they're just not as beastly as other locks.

Ok /5eg/ maybe you can help me with something.
A fellow PC is playing an artificer, with his greatsword+smite from range 2H damage and all.
He is *insisiting* on a component pouch because in his own words, he'd have to take one hand off the gun, pull the focus out, use it, and put it away, and that takes interactions, but he could stuff a hand into his component pouch, use whatever material he needed, and then drop it, and it somehow uses less interactions.
Is there something I can direct him to that shows he's being retarded and they are functionally the exact same, until you get into multiclassing?

Go back to /aosg/ and /40k/

happy to throw out a few of the once per day attunement items like the javelin of lightning, it's taking up an attunement slot and players are incentivized to use them and then attune to another whilst it's on cooldown

Who is Warhammer user?

One of my characters believes firmly in life and second chances for everyone unless they are actively threatening to harm the innocent

The other is willing to shrug and say shit happens

How big is too big?

If she can't rest her chin on your head comfortably she's too big.

More than a heaping handful

>Do you or your players understand Justice?
Do I need to? I just do whatever my gut tells me is right in the moment.

My character’s a female centaur, “too big” is only something she’d say about a dragon and even then, that’s just because she’s never tried.

I understand that I'm right if you're too dead to argue against me.

Yeah. Your race gives nice bonuses, but it's nothing you'll be hurting for if you don't have it for a specific race. Even the +2's aren't really necessary, with point buy you can get good stats entirely without them and with rolling it's way more on the dice anyhow. Your background has no effect on combat and only effects your character's flavor and gives them some unique utility. The only way to make a character "non viable" is to have a short race depending on heavy weapons.

I’m still stuck in the Pathfinder mindset where anything less than a +3 in your primary attribute is dead weight.

Sounds like she's a bit too big, in a hotdog down a hallway situation.

Horse vaginas can clench to the size of a dime, she’s fine!

>mfw I read this conversation

your a brony now

>be me
>necromancer
>summon up some wights
>barter with them for their loyalty
>the wights create and control up to 12 zombies loyal to them
>the wights work for me

How can I best safeguard myself from betrayal from one or more of these wights and their squad of zombie? Keep a mummy and detail of skeletons under contant re-asserted control as my personal guard?

You’ll learn many things if you stick around here. Did you know the horse anus is a marvel of evolutionary biology?

pls report back.

I always thought ass was DC

The best asses are in Marvel, DC has shit waifus.

Shhhhh, trust me user it only gets worse from here.

Oh, my sweet summer child. You have yet to be initiated.

Anyone have the link to the old MEGA?
I can't find the level 1-5 starter adventure for Curse of Strahad in the Trove

Death House?

Adventurer's League, S4.