Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2068: Un-Chained Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/57232060/#57234211
themiskatonicgame.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what's today's shitposting topic?

What are the best, or at least your favorite, jumps?

pls no shitposti

My favorites are the Doom jumps.

I am so glad the thread died before I could read the entire Un part.

Strike Witches is pretty great. Good imaging. Useful perks. Fits with the setting. Cute author. It’s got everything

Got bored, sketched up a circle design for when I jump Nanoha. Then made it with Geogebra because it looks better like this than pencil in an old notebook. God I forgot how much fun fucking around with a compass and straightedge was.

Sword and Sorcery really is up there. It's hard to pick a favorite but Fate Grand Order led to a MASSIVE amount of writefagging.

That's pretty neat!

So NiohAnon apparently isn't OAA, but this post suggests that this tendency to focus on drawbacks isn't an isolated incident, more importantly that this isn't their first jump:

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/57232060/#57234211

...So the question becomes, which namefag IS NiohAnon?

NO ONE CARES

I really like the Bloodborne jump

What do you believe is the purpose of magic?

>when you want to write your chain as a musical but you're not a coreographer

Aaargh. Maybe I can at least write out the songs?

Fate/Stay Night is one of my favorites. I dislike Dragon's Dogma with great intensity.

I'm sickened, but curious. Go on.

Choke on your own tongue, rumormonger.

My least favorite are my jumps.

I hold a special place in my heart for Sword and Sorcery, Doom, Warframe, and Exalted:Infernals.

I mean, every major character was/is/could be going to have an associated genre, but I barely have lyrics for any of them and I haven't/didn't/might not have decided on half of them. It was/is/would be really too ambitious.

I really like how Quirks were handled in BnHA. It lets you do OC, but you can also just grab something ready-made if you prefer.

Genetic Opera is still the best marriage.

Well, you could start to learn some, and apply what you learn. It may not be great, but it's a start, and learning is both fun and productive!

Do you mean in a metaphysical sense, or a societal sense? Because the former depends on the setting, and the latter can be influenced or informed by the former.

In general? Magic is like any powertool. While it's purpose is ultimately up to the person wielding it, it is only morally right that it be respected and handled responsibly according to what the user believes to be the most appropriate and responsible use for it, provided doing so does not violate moral imperative.

But again, the parameters involved in this depend heavily on the nature of the kind of magic in question

Go away.

Jumpmakers, what is your philosophy for drawbacks? Should one be able to overcome them with effort? Or should the cheapest be tickets to hell with a basic complementary drink?

To be understood, and thus become magic only in aesthetic.

BnHA, Resident evil, Warframe, dresden, monster hunter, mushoku tensei, and oddly enough reaper hunter. I am surprised at how well balanced and good the last one there turned out for a jump of a 10 chapter story.

Kingdom Hearts is a really good jump.

Exalted Infernals is really good in my opinion since it truly captures the splat and setting. Eclipse Phase is pretty good and Arpeggio of Blue Steel is nice as well.

>Should one be able to overcome them with effort
This

Kamen Rider Kuuga/Ryuki/Neo Heisei Par 1, Sailor Moon, Sword & Sorcery, Katawa Shoujo, Fate Stay/Night and Diasgea

I dislike the Harvest Moon and Minecraft jumps

Im dropping the claim on WoW. Someone else take it.

please leave

Nice try faggot.

Pretty much anything by red except sg1, that one needa some help now. I also do live me some generic isekai because it has a good way to become a dingeon core. I like being a crystal.

Go away, Val.

>generic isekai
Ugh

All the proof I need.

Something about this seems unconvincing.

Just report and ignore. Honestly, it's not even an accurate impersonation, there'd be a lot more anger involved.

I want them to hurt. I want them to hurt your pride, your body, your heart, your mind, your spirit, your lifestyle. I don't want them to be tickets to hell, they should walk a balance between inviting those greedy while dissuading those with some level of contentedness or goals for their time.

I rather like League of Legends. The Companion Supplement that goes along with it is a little odd to navigate and expensive, but otherwise it does a great job of covering a lot of ground and does it really well. Disgaea is awesome for exactly the same reason.

I also like how System Shock 2 turned out. But that's a little shilly.

What is that picture from?

Hey, if I can write up songs and doggerel for Dual!Chain I believe anyone can. Go for it user. Let's see those moves.

I think the cheapest ones should be inconveniences that are able to be overcome with some clever working around. The mid tier should be fairly disruptive with a mixture of those that can be recovered from and those that will be constant inconveniences. The high end stuff, I think, should be stuff that operates more like plot hooks. Disruptive to the setting/plot as a whole but not impossible.

i said no shitposti motherfucker

Sword and Sorcery, Generic Zombie, Generic Post-Apocalypse, Generic Slice of Life, Generic Mob are the ones that come to mind.
I really like how ASOIAF was imaged, and I've been thinking about watching some Adobe tutorials so I could use InDesign better, and image some jumps myself.

Gonna need to to at least prove you are OAA and tell me in private something only he would know.

Why no jump for this pretty lady?

I lost an arm in pokemon and it didn't grow back. Is that enough proof to let valeria or someone equally qualified to redo it?

So that's another claim on top of Kingdom Death for you, Val?

>What is that picture from?
Some Lovecraft visual novel I believe. I think it's been mentioned in a thread before.

100s are made to be obnoxious but not ultimately life threatening by themselves. 200s are dangerous or crippling. 300s are serious threats to your life by themselves.

>tell me in private something only he would know.
OAA means One Armed user

Damn that is more than enough proof we will get valeria right on it. sarcasm

Drawbacks should be used as fluff or story hooks.

I don't think anyone has ever written their chain as ending because of a drawback, so there's not a whole lot of other options besides "it was an annoyance" and "a tool for story telling."

I am glad that I was able to make at least someone happy. You are good people.

Was Darth Bane ever finished?

>Anima - Beyond Fantasy, Cuphead, Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 3, Exalted - the Infernals, Final Fantasy 1, Heavens Lost Property, Majikoi, Marvel - Magic, MCU Part 1, Metroid, NieR Automata, Sword and Sorcery, Warriors of Chaos, World of Warcraft WIP, Worm, Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban
Each of these are fairly well-put together jumps, and do at least one thing really well. Not bad examples to emulate, if you're trying to make a jump. My personal favorite, however, are definitely Kubo and the Two Strings, Monster Hunter, and Tomb Kings.

On the one hand friends. On the other cookies. I chose cookies. Dont be like me, choose friendship.

Should perhaps vary based on the jump/setting, scaling both on the nature of the challenges in the setting and the scale of power one can gain in the jump.

Also, I do, in fact, like seeing some of those "no one sane would ever take this drawback, but it is thematic and fun to have it in there"

Like Vord Jumper in the Codex Alera jump. So very very Nope, but I kind of like the fact that it's there anyways, a fun "Jumpchan, you are _SICK_" thing.

You are good at what you do and warframe is flat out all around awesome.

>Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban
The OC swords make this an unfit example of jumps you should use as inspiration

Nope, and I think FUAnon himself became one with the Force given how long he's been gone.

No though I think it may be up for claim now. Not shitposting.

Being a native hero or a summoned hero should have been separate from origin.

Do you need a hug?

I like the Gundam Future Century Jump. I thought it handled all the nonsensical BS flying around the show very well while still keeping the spirit of the source.

something something THE EAST IS BURNING RED!

It's hard to tell because images are loading real slow for me right now, but this should be what you're looking for.

themiskatonicgame.tumblr.com/

Kinda looking forward to seeing how it turns out, might make for a fun setting.

So are we taking this one seriously or not.

I forgot this guy draws a lotta tits, whoops. NSFW I guess.

There are tons of perks that basically protect you from all but instantly fatal blows. Are there any perks that specifically deal with blows that are meant to be instantly fatal? Things like negating a single super attack, or whatever.

>Not shitposting.

I'm gonna need definitive proof.

Really?

Only things I can think of are Guts from Monster Hunter and maybe Rolling Counter from Mother if you're quick.

I guess I should have done a little googling instead of asking. But thanks guys. It is looking like it could be an interesting setting.

Only if valeria tries to claim it.

I just realized how much Cataclysm Dark Days could be recreated with Generic Post Apoc.

Why the fuck not we seem to take everything else seriously without proof.

Consider it claimed then.

Quartz Charm from one of the Mario jumps protects from being one shot, increases attack power and defense.

Im dropping the claim on WoW. Someone else take it.

Generic Post Apoc lacks Fluffy Tail perks tho.

No, OAA, we're not. Just because the thread doesn't support you in your mad frenzy at Valeria that one time doesn't mean we all have it out for you and think you're worthless. Those are just the shitposters.

>Generic Post Apoc lacks Fluffy Tail perks tho
mutations, bro. Bottom of the document.

user, user.

Stop reading names that don't exist.

Actually, you know what, I decided to pick the WoW claim back up. I'll get to it after I finish DBSSGSS, Faction Paradox, Nobilis, Scion, and Against the Gods.

Does it? I'm pretty sure there's a perk just for fluffy tails. At the very least, you can be fluffy and also have a tail.

And yeah, you could recreate CDDA pretty well with Generic Post Apoc. Generic Zombie Apocalypse isn't bad either, with the crossover drawbacks. I've already done it both ways.

Gonna be hard to do that since valeria already holds most of those claims.

Oops, name feel off. I totally wasn't just shitposting anonymously or anything haha.

Nope, dropping it again.

WHAT ABOUT DRAKENGARD 1??!??!!?!!
DID YOU DROP THAT, TOO, YOU- YOU I know you're not really Val, but I'm a little mad she never finished that one.

Marvel Magic or Tsukihime.

Tsukihime would win out if it had more drawbacks.

>Scion
Has that been claimed?

What weapon(s) do you use during battle, /jc/?

Usually my fists, but I have The Sword for when I need to fuck shit up. It's a weapon I've been working on and improving my entire chain.

Can't beat a classic.

I USE MY FISTS, AND THE SKILLS THAT HAVE BEEN PASSED DOWN BY THE JUMPER FOR GENERATIONS
Also a sword/spear, a large round shield, and lots of guns. But mostly my fists.

Everything I have

I dual-wield my Keyblade and a Life Fiber blade, or just wield either one. That latter one's more like Bakuzan than the scissors, right?

Can't get a fluffy tail without being furry though.

So, I was correct. the second picture in my reaction folder is one of enhance/d/ anons pics.

What does this say about the theme of my next chain?

Understanding and hugs.