Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Fucking up making a new thread in time edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2. Also Liadrin is best girl.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread:

First for boobs of /ourgirl/

Are men of Stormwind just manlets? Undead Lordaeronians are taller than them.

wrong art, you stupid

->

>t. manlets trying to pretend the tops of their heads are not eye level with Lordaeronians.

Better?

Fuck you! I am from Stormwind and I am 6'3"

It's a meme, Nathanos is a straight backed undead and he isn't any taller than human characters.

Sauce?

Maybe it's because that Sylvie's toy is manlet?

I know. But it's a popular theory that Lordaeronians are much taller than other humans due to being much closer related to the Vrykul.

Why Outland had such an amazing Wagnerian-like soundtrack? Really beautiful and melancholy, especially Nagrand at night. Sometimes it's feels like it was from another game or a movie.

Except the Lordaeronians are actually just the descendants of retired soldiers who went up North to work the fertile land of Tirisfal, and later on the remaining nobility of Strom, who abandoned it once it began to lag behind the other city-states. They brought their money up to Tirisfal and turned it into the greatest nation of them all.

>it's a popular theory that Lordaeronians are much taller than other humans due to being much closer related to the Vrykul.
Arent all Humans descended from the same group of cursed Vrykuls? Or did they come in waves or something.

no, its fucking stupid because blizzard has no idea about how human anatomy works. They think that because the forsaken hunch over they should be taller than humans

It was literally just a side effect of the model design. Blizz needed a distinct silhouette and made the Undead taller to do so. I guarantee you Vrykul weren't even a passing idea in the writing room at that stage.

>not knowing how blizzard writing works
They make something for convenience and then explain it retroactively through the lore.

They founded the country, people have always lived there.

>They make something for convenience and then explain it retroactively through the lore.

Personally, I see this as a perfect example of how Blizzard's current dumb writing is the result of inmates running the asylum. Most of the writers who created the setting are gone. They didn't care about things like Chad Forsaken because it was pointless and the actual reasons for it are obvious to anyone with two brain cells to run together. But they're all gone, replaced with elevated fan boys who absolutely must explain every little detail. No design choice can be left unsaid. No mystery left unsolved. No motivation left up for debate.

This is why we have this retarded space opera war consuming the meta plot now.

I don't like the idea of fat humans as playable race. I mean, where are skinny pandaren, orcs or draenei? Where are fat orcs or elves? Why Horde getting orcs straight spine, butd Alliance getting just fat humans, who look like Garithos.

>I don't like the idea of fat humans as playable race

To make them more representative of the average human player IRL.

>implying it's not more like the new skinny humans with bad posture
Btw I'd take them over the lardasses any day of the week. I want mages who don't look like cartoon bodybuilders.

>To make them more representative of the average American player IRL.
FTFY

No need, we have goblins already

As much as I hate the Amerimutt meme I will never not find that face hilarious.

Only Gallywix is fat though

Do you think those big buff Kul Tiran humans are like orcs in strength, if not in robustness?

Pic related, lanklet Stormwindians vs lifting Kul Tirans

No, I think they have trouble going upstairs and staying outdoors in hot weather.

kek
>go to US
>this is real

Why do I just want to get some scissors and just snip those fucking eyebrows off?

Upright Forsaken would be a gamechanger.

Those thin eyebrows are just ugly. Why didn't they use canon thick eyebrows of elves?

She looks like anorexic witch in this cinematic, which was really distracting.

heh, I realise how bad warcraft proportions look on a more realistic canvas
Why is teclis so much sexier than her? Is it because he doesn't shriek autistically?

That does not look like Human lands to me.
Turalyon was Lordaeronian priest, while Lothar was last descendant of Arathor's bloodline.
Also
>Stormind almost lost to Gnolls
>Murlocs
>dangerous
>No fighting against Trolls until they tried to enter their lands
You ain't helping your case.

Tirisfal is the birthplace of the human race and the core province of Lordaeron. It's the most human land of all. Furthermore, the story of Thoradin specifically mentions a human realm in Tirisfal ruled by Lordain, the source of the church of Holy Light. Humans have always lived in Lordaeron and they were giants.

Technically, there is no evidence of vrykul-human crossbreeding, as all humans are weak manlets to vrykul.
There are no lore arguments to support that any nation was particularly bigger men than others, maybe except of Ignaeus of Alterac, ancestor of Trollbane line, and whose descendant was clearly bigger than even Lothar.

>clearly bigger than even Lothar.
Lothar is sitting, Thoras is standing.

Obligatory post wishing for artists to use the correct height/weight for the various races when drawing them.

Why the fuck is Thoras brandishing an unsheathed axe at a negotiations table.

>Thoras, if you don't stop saying "and MY axe" every time someone agrees to something, Stromgarde is paying for all of the internment camps

>He doesn't show off his epic loot at every opportunity
What are you even doing in a WoW thread?

because he wants to axe a question

What if Stormwind signed a treaty with Undercity to send its people who died in an accident or from an incurable illness to be raised as Forsaken? This way, these people could go on with their lives, and Forsaken would never have to look for another way to replenish their population.

Proud people of Stormwind will not like to inhabit this pitiful form of undead. Death for them would be a release next to this travesty.

Anyone who says he wouldn't want to be raised as a sentient zombie after dying in an accident is a brazen liar.

Why do you all hate manlets? Aren't dwarves cool?

The afterlife is pretty chill for light worshippers. Being raised as undead is being condemned to mega-Hell, so I doubt many Stormwind people would be down with it.

Actually there may or may not be an afterlife in Warcraft. I remember I read that Light worshippers become one with the Light; fuck that.

Trolls have a guaranteed afterlife and still they'd rather stay in the physical world. Night Elves turn into whisps and actually get to stay in the physical world. If you're titanforged you're kinda fucked.

You mean, Light worshipers get eaten by Naaru, like that one WotLK quest.

Turns out the trolls were not into exterminating other species?
Too bad the humans did not return the favour.

That’s kinda what happened during the troll wars.

Zandalari trolls brought over their laser dinosaurs and whipped the Amani into a frenzy to finally kill the elves. Once done, the humans were next.

Vicious elf propaganda. Trolls are perfectly capable of respect towards worthy opponents who can win even at a disadvantage. Case in point: goblins. This does not apply to filthy elves.

I know we are past that point and blood elves are going to degenerate themselfs into the horde

But suppose Alleria got her wish and got Silvermoon back. What would be the repercutions?

Can we get Lorthamar turned into a filthy human for selling out elves to the trolls? Even Kael'Thas didn't do that

Cuz whfb elves are handsome goodboys who rather die than let trolls and orcs mount their women. They died, but they died elves true of heart.

Also Avelorn is best house

Thoras is almost as broad as Terenas and Lothar combined.
Then again. Terenas was no warrior, unlike Llane.

>blueball
>awful broken english
Poetry

>got Silvermoon back
Well, I would place dreanei along with high elves there. Sunwell was purified by draenei, so they too have a right to use it's powers. Draenei and high elven magnificent city of magic and other wonders.

>1 grammar error
>broken english
Austism or is every horde fag this overly defensive? I see way more people shouting about "Muh empire" and "kill humies" than any "larper" paladins that they claim are everywhere

stupid? retard? or stupidly retarded?

>But suppose Alleria got her wish and got Silvermoon back. What would be the repercutions?
Sunwell imploding, as she and her Void Elves are walking hazard to Silvermoon.

>super specil glowing scars
>strip turned pink
>!not frostmourn

>"kill elves"

Fixed that for you. Seriously, elves get shit on more in the Horde than humans do. Humans are just generally accepted as enemies, but there's usually not any specific ill will born towards them.

Cool fairytale bro. Horde IS Elves.

>degenerate themselves into
>repercutions
>404 punctuation not found

40%. The other 60% of the Horde generally shits on them and a good chunk of Blood Elves are self-hating and go around saying shit like, "W-we're not all bad. I-I'm not like the other elves," while they ERP with trolls.

Exactly. Why rail against the human menace all the way across the ocean when the true threat is right in your own backyard and taking over?

Frost Lich Jaina is actually best (and cutest) Jaina.

What kind of incompetent commander keeps those guys from destroying Vindicaar?

Argus should have been an expansion all on its own.

I doubt nuBlizzard would be able to handle that.
Just compare amount of content for TBC vs the amount of content for WoD.
Even with limiting it only to Draenor and Outland, it does not go favourably for WoD.
That being said, Argus at least had chances of avoiding "Demon Fatigue" thanks to Mac'aree.

Void elves are about to find out first hand how their blood elf kin got treated for being different by the oh so tolerant kingdom of men.

>They make something for convenience and then explain it retroactively through the lore.
To be fair, in my own worldbuilding, I've found that to be a fairly good jumping-off point.

The problem with an Argus expansion would be figuring out how to escalate the story along the patches. How many Burning Legion strongholds are we going to raid, and what makes them different from each other? I was actually pretty impressed with how Legion managed to have three raid tiers about fighting demons that felt meaningfully different.

Honestly, an Argus expansion would make sense AFTER the defeat of the Burning Legion, in more of a "mop up and reclaim the world" kind of way. But Blizzard won't do that because then they'd have to explain why the draenei don't just go home.

>But Blizzard won't do that because then they'd have to explain why the draenei don't just go home.
On that note why doesn't thall fuck off back to draenor? Instead of staying to support the genocide his horde supposedly didn't want?
Its almost like he's saying on thing but does another.

Outland is a blown up pile of shit and alternate timeline Dreanor is kinda a pocket dimension that might get "corrected" at a moments notice.

Seems appropriate

fucking nailed it
Also they are responsible for the scourge
So lorderon blood elves and sylvanas are in endless pain because them

Why we should just let the infinite dragonflight stop the opening of the Dark Portal in the first place. No more orcs, no more problems.

To be entirely fair, the portal WASN'T open for a pretty meaningful span of time. By that point, you have orcs who were born on Azeroth and have never seen Draenor, as well as the whole "it was nuked basically to shit and is teeming with demons" thing.

The implication is that, without that particular play by the Burning Legion, the human kingdoms wouldn't be united in time to face some other threat.

Sort of like that one Pearl Harbor theory, where American intelligence may have allowed the attack to take place in order to unite the country behind the decision to join the war.

how does forsaken death even work? Do they go where the humans go? I heard that the evil ones get tortured along with arthas?

>welcome them back with open arms
L-lok tar

>how does forsaken death even work?
It's permanent the second time.
>Do they go where the humans go?
Do you know where humans go? I don't.
>I heard that the evil ones get tortured along with arthas?
Sylvanas is an unreliable narrator. Her visions probably came from Yogg-Saron.

Nigga she saw young arthas being tortured as a BOY, that can't be in her psych
Also bitch can't unimpale herself

But then you do a DK artefact quest and it turns out Arthas was actually inside Frostmourne.

>birthplace of the human race
You're thinking or Northrend. Humans were runt Vrykul that a few sympathetic parents took somewhere they wouldn't be killed by their own kind.

Lordain was one of Thoradin's generals, who pulled a 300 so Thoradin's armies and mages could get into position. The place was named in his honor, and many later settled the region once the Troll Wars were concluded.

From what I understand, Outland is deteriorating by the day. It might take decades or even centuries, but it's not a good long-term home for the Orcs.

>comic trying to whitewash the Alliance
>ignores canonical series of events to try and make its point

It's almost like these comics don't work when you go back and look at the lore itself.

lol what?
Yeah orcs were treated like crap, but the first two wars kinda make sense for why they hated them
The mental gymnastics horde players have to do to sound good or even grey

I have no idea where you're pulling this from. Here, actual lore from Legion.

>The only human tribe powerful enough to end King Thoradin's dream of unity dwelled in Tirisfal Glades. A great warrior named Lordain led the region's noble people. They would not submit to shows of force like the Alteraci. To win their loyalty, Thoradin needed to appeal to their religious beliefs.

>Thus Thoradin and his personal guards made a pilgrimage to the region's shrines and sacred groves. At each site, the king performed rituals as was the custom of Lordain and his kin. Thoradin even wore a pendant of the silver hand, an image held sacred by Tirisfal's humans.

>At the end of the pilgrimage, Thoradin met with Lordain. The king pledged that if the tribe joined him, he would adopt their mystic ways and spread them among the Arathi. To seal his promise, Thoradin ran his palm along Strom'kar's edge and mixed his blood with the earth of Tirisfal.

It's not really mental gymnastics when your opponents need to lie to try and sound better

>night elves were justified

If you played WC3, you'd know that the night elves begin attacking first and summon Cenarius who announces his intent to kill all the orcs before Grom even knows Mannoroth's blood is there, the night elves were completely in the wrong and that was the point. They were violent and xenophobic, people who do the whole "orcs went to Kalimdor and started attacking innocent night elves!" forget that the night elves did the same exact shit with Jaina's forces as well, where they started shooting without warning.

>go back to Outland!

You mean the shattered and ruined world? The one filled with demons and other shit, this one doesn't really fly even if we were to overlook that Durotar was largely empty before the orcs got there. It also is silly for any race in WoW save trolls to say "get off MY land", humans did a violent takeover of the EK.

>pact with Mannoroth

This was literally being tricked into it, Nagrand questing makes it clear the Legion hid the whole "we're actually demons" aspect by posing as the elements, the only person who says that it was a willing and fully aware deal was Grom under the influence of demonic control.

>finally, the issue with the camps

This one is more interesting when you consider Saurfang's lines in Northrend, you had a lot of vets who didn't totally remember what they had done suddenly feeling it slam in their gut and come back to them while you had a new generation growing up only knowing the camps. That they're upset at the people who kept them there is understandable. Even if the people's reason for wanting them in camps is also understandable.

And finally

>using Varian as your spokesperson

Biggest mistake, this is the guy that Alliance players have do mental gymnastics to sound grey about.

What's next for dk/pally banter?

Well, they decided to go and redeem some undead horse, so we're gonna need to figure out how to get them back for that one.

>night elves attack jaina
Yeah but she had the logic to fuck off

>outland is shit
Cuz you made it that way to slaughter dranei

>muh troll land
Muh titan children

You lose horde. Also nothing said there is invalid

>pic
Bad taste dude

>jaina
>fucked off

They're literally in the middle of fighting before Medivh forced them to come to negotiations under threat of demon invasion, if you don't even know that much, why are you pretending to know lore?

>Outland is shit because of draenei dying

Again, if you have your events mixed up, why both pretending?

>nothing said there is invalid

Besides the whole "you guys are at fault for everything"? I mean, last I checked, the humans of WoW were the ones who decided to try attacking the Horde twice over even after the demon threat had dissipated.

>Im going to ignore the first two wars and the creation of the scouge

They have 0 right to kalimdor, even centaurs and qullboar are more entitled

>doesn't actually counter any points
>tries to deflect

By your own logic, Titanforged races have no real right to Azeroth as a whole.