The Best Worst cards

The best of the worst cards across all card games. I'll start with this classic.

Still waiting for the day this thing goes off legit.

5 turn long deathtouch? christ.

One day One with Nothing will be broken.

I thought we solved this?

Waste Not for yourself when?

>T2
>Cast Reanimate
>Respond with One with Nothing
>Discard hand of big meaty bois

In all things, a season

Maybe a mill yourself and have no cards in hand and win the game situation

You have to target with Reanimate when you put it on the stack, so what you want to have happen isn't going to happen.

It actually was in sideboards when Owling Mine decks were popular. Oddly good tech

There's this, but it isn't good either.

Barren Glory > Teferi's protection > Obliterate > One with Nothing = win

How is this a bad card. It's good I'd say

I wasn't saying its a bad card, I posted it to point out the central theme of Owling Mine decks, which is that card. And how One With Nothing was used against that card

It was useful when Owling Mine was around, so it did do its job for a while.

It shared a standard with hellbent and didn't go anywhere. I found it infuriating at the time.

>A game with 10,000+ cards in it.
>Any being bad.
At this point it's a matter of creativity and mixing/maxing to make it work. We just have to find it.

>Any being bad.
Yes. The existence of so many cards means that some are definitely going to be bad, because they are strictly worse than other cards.

Strictly worse does not strictly mean bad.

Bad is a subjective term. Strictly worse can mean bad if I decide it does.

Pretty cool art, though.

Back in the day when lands didn't need to have anything to do with mana.

>ye olde good 1994 MTG wording
wtf

Here's the errata:
"{T}: Choose two target blocking creatures an opponent controls. If each of those creatures could block all creatures that the other is blocking, remove both of them from combat. Each one then blocks all creatures the other was blocking.
Whenever Sorrow's Path becomes tapped, it deals 2 damage to you and each creature you control."

*AHEM*
Allow me to now explain the single greatest turn one in MTG history.

OPENING HAND:
>One With Nothing
>Tormod's Crypt
>Daemonic Consultation
>Sinkhole
>Swamp
>Dark Ritual
>Dark Ritual

Lay the Swamp.
Cast Dark Ritual.
Cast Dark Ritual.
Cast Tormod's.
Cast Consultation. Name a card that is not in your deck.
Cast Sinkhole. Target your swamp.
Cast One With Nothing.
Tap Tormod's.

You have no cards in hand, no cards in library, and no cards in your graveyard, or on the field.

"When nothing remains, everything is equally possible."

It got reprinted?

Card is literally designed so you don't win the game.

Yeah, but neither can your opponent.

mtgo only

It'd be pretty funny to put that in a Group Hug/Pillow Fort EDH deck. Spend an hour keeping everyone alive while burying yourself in defenses before dropping that and see if all your new friends can rally together and kill you in time.

This is why I don't play EDH.

Not that anyone plays this game anymore

Play BW with Hexmage for maximum hilarity

EDH isn't about having fun, it's about making everyone else miserable.

could use a lotus petal and a lab maniac

And thus you don't understand the point.

Lame, you still end up with tormods crypt in graveyard

is that how it works? I figured you sacrifice it (send it to the graveyard) THEN you exile your graveyard

Sorry, on reading the card a second time, you are right. I messed up.

That doesn't work. It checks at the beginning of your upkeep. Everything will phase back in before your next upkeep.

>mfw I Clockspinning the second counter off

I feel like this might work in my Jarad EDH deck if I add more draw in it.

Why not just play Lion's Eye Diamond and discard your hand to gain 3 mana instead of spending 1?

It'll never be broken.

Why use that when you can use Putrid Imp or any similar discard outlet that does something while also discarding?

What is that?

My favourite is LolTroll but I think it's more that it' not a completely dead card in the 99.
If I had a high CMC creature hand I'd rather dump them and buff Jarad, Kessig Cagebreakers or Bonehoard then wish for lands.

That middle earth ccg?

>T2
>entomb
>reanimate

Dumbass

I ruined so many tournaments with this card.

I suggested Putrid because of the mana cost, honestly, and due to being able to pitch anything.

Yes.

As the other user surmised, MECCG

Jeeeeeeezaz that's old. Haven't played that for ages.

kek

losing after t1 with 1 card left in your combined hand/deck/field isn't impressive
winning would be (labman + relic)
also One With Nothing is totally unnecessary there and you don't even know how Tormod's Crypt works...

One with Nothing is there for if you're on the play.
Since sacrificing Tormod's Crypt is part of the cost to activate its ability, it is indeed in your graveyard when said ability resolves (targetting your own graveyard, of course)
The point isn't to win, it's to deny your opponent victory by taking yourself out. And Laboratory Maniac can easily just be killed before it's your turn again, anyways.
And I wasn't even the person who posted that.

What's so bad about it?

Assuming you don't really know the game:

Players each have at least one and possibly more parties of heroes that they send running around Middle-Earth to gather up goodies. Along the way, each player tries to slow down the other guy by playing hazards which attempt to attack and kill the other player's party members. Broadly speaking, there's an inverse relationship between how easy it is to play a given monster and how strong it is. Weak things like orcs or wild animals can hit you almost anywhere. Things like Nazgul tend to hang around Mordor, and won't attack you if you're adventuring around in the Anduin Vales or wherever.

Sand Drake is only playable in two out of the way regions, and combined with another card, adds another 3 regions. But the 5 of them are on the end of the map and are rarely seen. Worse, if you really think your opponent is going to go to places like Horondor and you want to defend against it, you have even beefier and nastier monsters you can throw at him, starting with most of the Nazgul.

One day I want to kill someone with this.

DURDLE TURTLE DID NOTHING WRONG

Not that you asked, but if you have all the damage doubling effects active, you can hit someone with 8192 damage or 4096 if you don't count the Unhinged card

>Angrath's Marauders, Anthem of Rakdos (Hellbent online), Bitter Feud, Curse of Bloodletting, Dictate of the Twin Gods, Furnace of Rath, Gisela (AVR), Goldnight Castigator, Gratuitious Violence, Insult, Overblaze, Quest for the Pureflame, (The Countdown is At One)

>Power Conduit

It says "ALL creatures get +2/+2" both oyurs and your opponents. You spend 10 mana across multiple turns for buffing your opponent's guy too. Would it have killed them to let Thran Weaponry only boost your guys, especially considering all the busted shit going on in Urza Block, and how creatures were sorta bad back then, it still wouldn't have seen much play when it was in Standard. Yes, I realize you can make a really shitty lock with it and Meekstone, but there are better lockdown strategies than this, for real.

I don't think we got a for real "Your guys get a straight +2/+2" boost until Dictate of Heliod in Theros Block (I love that card so much, it is everything I wished Thran Weaponry would be, put it in my cube and use it every time I get it in my pool)