Were creatures

This thread we talk about were creatures, interesting adventures involving them, facts, stories, characters etc.

fuck it i'll tell a short tale about a werewolf in a ravenloft setting i played with once the guy's name was socks.... (yes) we were all like 90% sure he was played by a furry any way his back story was this he used to run with some werewolf raides and then for some reason turned to a life of in his words "being pure" he then proceeded to cause Numerous problems for us throughout the adventure including but not limited to: turning into a werewolf in public openly antagonizing the ranger openly antagonising anyone who had ill opinions of werewolf we met on the road which most of the time eventually lead to combat after revealing himself as a werewolf in fucking front of them the sheer amount of fights he dragged us into killed 3 party members eventually my warlock had enough of his shit and mother fucking repelling blasted his ass off a bridge to his death guy never talked to me for weeks after that all in all we were glad to have his ass dead guy was fucking annoying

>When you discover weredragons are a fucking thing
Remind me again why the cult of the Dragon has not taken over Faerun again?

I feature a wyvern werehuman in one adventure I like to run. I never get tired of seeing my players' reactions when they learn it isn't a werewyvern.

Either that bear is farting, or it has incorporeal balls.

How does one gain such a high amount of autism in a DnD game? I've even played an evil character that worked for orcus, the party was trying to stop my masters plans and I still sound like less trouble.

How did you end up making that?

If I were to guess? Infighting or weredragons are extremely hard to create. Similar to how wizards and druids can't just use magic to shape shift into dragons all will nilly.

I wanted to give my evil warlock all werefolk minions that he himself cursed, and I felt it would be interesting for a man who specializes in turning men into monsters to have his masterpiece be a monster that turns into a man. The werehuman serves as a terrifying mount and seige monster when in it's true wyvern form, though becomes portable and "reasonable" (in that it can be spoken to) when in human form. If the warlock is killed but the wyvern werehuman is left alone, it either escapes and starts pursuing its singular goal to slay the creature that slew its mother in order to become the dominant beast.

Most parties I run through that adventure try to get the werehuman to follow them. It can technically blend into human society and the monster itself is terrific in combat, though its misconceptions about society end up causing the party trouble if they aren't careful.

>furshit
>interesting

Because the "weredragon" is what 3e renamed the Song Dragon; they're non-infectious, they're just a symptom of an era when A: not all "true" dragons could shapeshift into humanoid form, and B: female dragons dallying with humanoid men was an unthinkably radical idea.

Holy hell that's pretty genius. I have a lot to learn then. Lately i've been really interested in having some type of were rat infection scenario where the city is slowly being turned were rat and people are trying to handle the infection. Would be a pretty fun campaign to try and run through and would have some great paranoia bits.

Are there any decent photos of Weresharks anywhere? the 5e book has none, and i'd like to introduce a couple groups of them that bully a kuo-toa coastal tribe into slavery.

The kuo-toa then fear them and worship them as gods, creating even stronger shark entities.

Best I could find through some google searches

Oreganlioinonao

I'm still trying to figure out whether TSR's Were-Manta Ray or the Ravenloft fandom's Were-Weasel is the stupidest werecreature to come out of AD&D.

I always wanted to do a wereshark in pathfinder, not a sissy one with trident, but natural attack one. But there is no template and I don't know how to optimize natural attack if you aren't druid.

Thanks for the photos.

while i respect the natural attack build you are looking for, i need to say

>trident
>sissy

the trident is one of the most iconic weapons of torture, with Satan himself even wielding one.

imagine a group of injured, ill, and weakened heroes trying to traverse their way out of an underwater cave network to reach the surface. They tread lightly, and fearfully, attempting to avoid the inevitable onslaught of weresharks. Every voyage through the water from air pocket to air pocket is a race for their lives. As they swim, the sharks prod at them with their tridents, trying to squeeze underwater yelps of pain from them. they're being played with, teased even. What blood that has left their body through their puncture wounds has tarnished the seawater around them,alerting more swarms.There is no avoiding their wrath.

sharks do not like wasting energy. if their victim dies from bleeding out, thats a bigger energy gain for them. Having a weapon that can cause the bleed effect of a spear times three will always be welcomed.

Here are my notes on werebears directly copied from the page.

Amazonian tribe of werebears. Artemis sacred she-bear. The wild arktoi priestesses, wild girls in bear masks, symbolic killing of a bear husband, shedding of bear skin symbol of maturing from girl to woman. Callisto raped by a god and cursed into the form of a bear. “Bear shirt” viking berserkers. Demon Bear saga from New Mutants. Fuck good werebears.

Plus as soon as their quarry is bleeding they can track it easily and from a great distance if need be.

I'd imagine weresharks would use a lot of barbed/serrated weapons.

>shark-god of sea predators and its wereshark worshippers, who have ascended and taken on an aspect of the shark's power

Ive actually been wanting to play a were-rabbit, or a rabbit-Skinwalker which are basically taguel from fire emblem, but im somewhat unsure how to do it, and i suspect my gm would notice. Not necessarily care, but notice

Also since you're underwater, thrusting weapons are going to be a lot more effective than ones you have to swing.

>werehuman
that's redundant though

It's only redundant if it's a human werehuman; otherwise, it turns a nonhuman base creature into a human, as opposed to a human base being turned into a nonhuman creature. Though a human werehuman has me thinking now... maybe it's like Jekyll and Hyde?

I mean.. You are aware that the "were" in werewolf stands for man or human, correct? A werehuman means humanhuman, which would pretty much be jeckyll and hide, yes, but your wyvern would still technically be a werewyvern, as it is both man and wyvern. Perhaps a reversed werewyvern, if anything

My, I didn't know the "were-" stood for human; I thought it related to the shifting aspect. I suppose that's why Jackalweres are named as such. Using that nomenclature, perhaps I should rename the creature a "Wyvernwere" to stand for a wyvern that morphs into a human?

Playing a werecreature is the thing that I've always wanted to do and never been able to, and I've been playing for a long time. The only time I came close it was a play-by-mail game that turned out to be a furry ERP.

Yeah, you should have murdered him the moment it became clear that he was a werewolf and not able to be cured.

So wait a minute, does that mean if you have a creature called a pigdog, then it's a pig that can turn into a dog?

That would be a wyvernwere.

Since someone posted a picture of the W20 Rokea splash illustration, I'll give you the worst image to use and suggest searching for more Rokea from Werewolf:the Apocalypse on google.

I am about to become a werewolf. I am polearm vuman fighter. What bonuses will I get? 5e DnD.

There is no official rulings as far as I know. You're gonna have to do some homebrew based stuff if you want to become a beast. I suggest talking that over with your DM. Only problem is if he knows you're trying to become one he will probably making it hard

Oof read it wrong. Ignore the second half of my comment. Most likely you'll probably get some silver weakness, some buffs to senses (higher perception) a new transformation, communication with wolves etc. Will probably meet a lot more werewolves and get deeper into the world .None of this is official tho.

I keked hardily

>probably a very weird lookin dick
I've seen weirded

weirder

So like what, a Human shaped Dog-cock tip with the usual knot, or a Human penis with skintone and the knot, effectively making it a Bulbus human penis with the Wolf's skintone on it, or a Human-ish penis with a Wolf's penis head opposed to the rounded tip, with the stuff of the prior suggestion?

Aesthetically, it's a normal dogcock with knot, but for comfort, it's a hairer human penis with a Knot that isn't just the exposed 'Red rocket' flesh, but maintaining the human tip.

I guess it would sort of be a non-course thin-fur human dick, unless we're going for something silly, like regular middog/human dick coming out of a sheath.

>Ive actually been wanting to play a were-rabbit
Oh I see

Weirder than a duck's dick?

>Human penis with skintone and the knot, effectively making it a Bulbus human penis with the Wolf's skintone on it
That's pretty much what that image is, and I unironically think it's a good model for what werewolf dicks would look like Except the tip is way pointier in person than it looks in those pics, which doesn't make much sense. Sort of like, a regular human penis that's become "wolfified," as opposed to a "humanized" wolf cock

Echidna. That thing is semi-prehensile too

It remind me of pic related

Good day to you too Tim

Is it better for Werecreatures to look completely like their animal counterparts after transformation (just a bear, wolf etc.) , or some weird hybrid?

Honestly either can be done well.

I would say it's more a fantasy vs horror divide, but you could still have the transformation be pretty extreme body horror just it ends in a regular (ish) animal at the end.

Also both can have variable levels of retaining their humanity so there are a fair few possible combinations.

We need more were rats