Best use for Chaos Cultists

Other than cannon fodder, not too interested in how too handle them rules wise, just for story purposes.

I'm thinking ideal for sabotaging shit, story is set in a Tau colony!

Everyone looks at chaos and all they see are the freaking Chaos space-marines, when in truth the back-bone of every army are the little guys.

Before the CSMs come and hug all the glory, the cultists already:
>Infiltrated the enemy's inner political structures
>Established supply lines
>Surveyed the area and established strategic parameters and listed goals

Even after the battles started:
>The cultist are the ones driving the majority of vehicles.
>the cultists provide the tech-know-how necessary to re-purpose enemy resources.
>The cultists form the majority of the chaos army even after the CSMs arrived.

THESE are things that win a war!
Not the Berserker and his axe but the subtle and the patient work of the hundreds of thousands of men working with the singular purpose of getting laid with alien chicks.

>Tau colony!
I always wondered why the human population in the Tau empire isn't infested with chaos cults, I mean all psykers have to be sanctioned.

My tip would be, take a look at SPECTRE or other fictiona terror group mix them with lovecraftarian cults and there you got your perfect Tau antagonist.

That's a really good idea, but then who's Bond?

If the Tau are as authoritarian as some sources suggest, ti could be that Chaos Cults have a far harder time forming since unlike the Imperial Bureaucracy which only really cares about if the majority of workers are showing up to work on time, the Tau keep a constant eye on them 1984 style.

I think it's about time for a Chaos Cult General thread

Hyrda could work as well.

Ehh no, not for me!

The greatest boon cultist bring is sorcery and their knowledge of rituals, the Imperium beats them in term of martial supremacy, but the indivdual cultist may be stronger than the individual guardsman thanks to the cultist.warriors mutations and chaos boons.

I recommend you to take a look at Fantasy Chaos Warriors and their culture. There are worlds and entire sectors in which Chaos rules supreme and their religion is the way of life. The hodes of Chaos have to come from somewhere. Chaos Cultist are the better warriors than guardsman, but the lesser soldier.

Bump

>I recommend you to take a look at Fantasy Chaos Warriors and their culture.

Most advanced technology Hung possesed was a piece of animal fur for wiping ass and the other two weren’t much more advanced.

The Hung have the same technological knowledge as your typical imperial subject. C'mon if Klingons are able to built ships, metal satanist viking IN SPACE can do that too.

Quite honestly I look at it, and I don't see too much difference between the Hung and Isis/ the average cultist.

But that might just be me.

The only difference I see is that the Gods of Chaos Cultists are real.

because of plot armor

Still, Chaos has literal magic on their side. Also the Imperium does not only really cares about if the majority of workers, it also cares that the Imperium has easy acess to every last worker and that they work in grace of the God Emperor. Imperial Psykers are used to keep population in control, not even your mind is free in the Imperium.

That's very true. But I was trying and failing to draw the caparison between Hung's level of technology and Isis/ cultist. Looking back, I should've been far clearer.