Weeb TCG Thread

Hey look it's another one of these. Let's talk about TCGs that aren't Magic, Pokemon, or Yugioh. Mostly Force of Will since that's still in spoiler season, but I won't stop you from talking about other shit.

So FoWco fucked up again and misprinted all the Rulers in the upcoming set with the wrong J-Ruler side. At least all the normal-rarity Rulers, not Ubers or secret slot versions. That really sucks. It sounds like they'll be including packs in all the booster boxes with a properly printed Ruler, plus allowing players to trade in the misprints via mail or at tournaments for the fixed ones. It might depend on your region.

On the bright side the announcement for the fuckup also includes Kirik and Shaela's new Ruler sides with their Sealed Items revealed, and they look pretty decent. I'd go so far as to say Shaela is pretty good.

fowtcg.com/news/tsw-misprint

And spoilers are still coming out. Just last night we got an Ayu resonator that can copy your opponent's J-Ruler.

Other urls found in this thread:

fowtcg.com/news/State_of_Force_of_Will_Company_Projects
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm gonna start the thread by posting the new spoilers from the last couple nights, starting with that Ayu because I have a half-built Ayu deck laying around.

This one's probably limited fodder, but scrying into a draw is nice.

If you look closely behind the text box on this one you can see that Welser's a fucking jobber.

And rounding out the Water spoilers we get a mysterious looming presence and a pointless comment by Miss Mystery herself, Reiya.

Fire spoilers from the night before last start with a pretty meh Resonator version of the Fire draft ruler. Frankly the least interesting Resonator version of the draft rulers if you ask me.

Kind of a shame that Pialle's pet pig is a more interesting card than her, and he's only a Rare compared to her SR on top of that.

Definite push for Beast tribal is happening.

Red getting some looting with a side bonus of Strength counter support for the Beast tribal deck.

And I guess I'll toss in the unsealed Rulers too.

Kirik gets to go digging for Battle Arts, which is pretty nice. And he gets a pretty rad mohawk.

And Shaela gets a pretty flavorful charge-and-release Thunderstorm enabler. If I had to bet her J-Ruler side will let you activate Thunderstorm on your opponent's turn.

Now we wait until the next spoilers come out in like four hours.

>Don't fuck up posting images in your thread for once
>Nobody else posts in the thread for two hours, letting it fall to page 9
Even when I do everything right I still manage to fuck it up.

Sorry guy, I like these threads, but I don't play FoW.

Anyone from around here going to the Bushiroad New York Springfest? My friends might need 1 or 2 more people to complete our teams.

>Just found out Gyze Pack isn't guaranteed one per case

You had one fucking job Bushiroad, with that said though I quite like the Zeroth Dragons without the extra frills

Isn't a Team Tournament for Dragonborne and Buddyfight kind of redundant due to those two games have sideboards?

If the marketing copy is to be believed, it's because they want you to make friends at locals and then go with them to the springfest. So I guess it provides incentive to drag other people into the game. They also say something about strengthening the bonds between players or making friends or something.

I like the variety is gives. You don't need to fight the same deck all day unless you get unlucky and one teammate losing doesn't immediately screw your record.

>those thighs
>tfw we might have gotten this on a playmat if UP didn't stop making them
I'm a bit sour to be honest.

Shaela's got some pretty nice thighs in her new art too, but personally I'm still preferring Reiya's thighs.

>tfw new 3DS Vanguard game never, even if they don't get brought over
>stuck in pre-G-EB02 land for all eternity
It's the only way I can play because I really dislike the cardfight area's formatting.

And by G-EB02, I mean G-CLAN BOOSTER 02.
As in the Aqua Force one from 2015

Wind spoilers are up.

First up, the last draft ruler as a resonator. I haven't really seen any Gill decks in practice so I don't know how good a lord would be.

Next is this thing. Doesn't seem great, but you could use it to redirect resonator-only burn spells to your opponent's dome once in a while.

Gill gets to cameo in Schez's deck.

Also wind steals another effect from blue.

And finally another Spirit Magic counterspell with another reference to the Seven Luminaries.

>green gets preordain
lmao.

Not just Preordain, Preordain at instant speed.

I was thinking of pic related when I saw Approaching the Truth, but they aren't quite as similar as I first thought. Approaching the Truth seems way better.

Hey /weebtcg/! I've just been playing some Dragon Ball Super and I've got some questions.

>How does the combo phase work?
>If I play a card that makes the other player pick up a combo card and put it back into their hand, can they just put it back down?
>How does blocking work?
>Do you place energy down before or after the draw?

Who else hype for G-BT14?

Excited to build Regalia (literally the whole maindeck is in here) and update Chronojet and Demiurge. Genesis is looking to be the cheapest clan in the set since Gears and Shadows are the hype clans, and Nubas/Dark Irregulars got busted support.

Any decks y'all are planning to build?

>Regalia
YOU FOOL YOU'LL TRIGGER THE FOW PLAYERS

>How does the combo phase work?

When you declare an attack first the opponent chooses to negate or block. If no negate is declared it's your turn to combo. Next your opponent has a chance to guard with his combo step.

>If I play a card that makes the other player pick up a combo card and put it back into their hand, can they just put it back down?

Not for that battle.

>How does blocking work?

Blocking directs the attack toward the blocker. after the attack is made, during the counter/negate phase say you will use your blocker then you move to the combo step where you can choose to defend your blocker and keep it alive or just let your opponent KO it.

>Do you place energy down before or after the draw?

Draw first then energy.

If you haven't already download the app. Great way to learn the flow and mechanics of the game.

>How many combo can you use?
>Can you put down an energy during your opponents turn if you didn't on your own turn?

>How many energy can you put down during a turn?

>implying they care
They know you'll fork out more money for them when the next set is out, like the good sheeple that you are.

>tfw Bushiroad prints a big tiddy card for Vanguard

Feels good man. I don't even care if she's a piece of junk common that nobody will play in serious decks.

>When your fave card game is irrelevant.

Now this is what I don't get, with green getting pretty much everything, it's baffling. I know you can't change a set when it's already being printed but it's still frustrating.

It is better because you can draw something that isn't from the cards you just looked at with Approaching.

Oh shit, they brought her back.

Not dying yet. What was the largest cancer and why was it Revengers.

The spoilers are actually making me want to run Ayu. If only she wasn't so expensive. Otherwise good set.

Reading fowtcg.com/news/State_of_Force_of_Will_Company_Projects I actually kind of like what they are doing. Making draft rulers the go to for limited formats is something nice, as drafting has always been what FoW has missed out on IMO. Also I like the idea that the Battle Simulator is going open source, but I will have to hope that it is kept up to date that way. I am actually kind of shocked that they (Or at least another company that they licensed it to) are making a miniatures game set in the same setting as FoW, as nips seem to avoid wargaming all together. The one thing that bugs me is that they didn't say anything about putting the first CC set back in print, as it is clear that people actually want to buy more boxes of it.

Revengers wasn't the largest cancer per se but it was certainly one of the longest lasting one along with Thing Saver, besides the largest one was probably Sanc Guard since it gave us Sebreeze

Well they are trying to appeal to the international audience more.

>a big tiddy card
>implying singular
user, they've been pumping out tittymosters since the start The entire succubus race is an example.

Alright FoW spoiler time again. All for Scarlet.

First up, a very efficient kill spell.

Second, her stone. Seems really good not just for her, but for any RB deck that doesn't care about stone type.

Very nice.

Third, a goddamn meteor. Hilariously fitting the Dino subtheme.

And finally an aggressively-costed dino that meshes with the discard theme.

>fuck that thing in particular.

This will be perfect for my Reiya

Frayla probably likes it too.

What is precision?

So in Force of Will you can directly attack Resonators and J-Rulers, unlike Magic. Normally you can only attack a Resonator or J-Ruler (collectively referred to as "J/Resonator") if they're tapped ("Rested"), but a J/Resonator with Precision can attack untapped enemy J/Resontaors.

That said, in all cases where a J/Resonator is attacked, you can block the attack with a different J/Resonator just like how you can block direct attacks.

Ahh, icy. Thanks for the explanation.

That thing's asking for a Phase Shifting.

I am hoping there's a draft somewhere in my state for the next set. Can't wait to play some FoW after some time.

Erk, nevermind, looks like you can't change the target if it's targeting you.

I imagine most of the time that thing isn't going to be pointed at a J/Resonator. If it's pointed at your face you can't Phase Shift it.

That said, if it's pointed at your face you can Ra it, or Wings of Gold it.

Standby rules in Force of Will are still valid even though there are no cards in New Frontiers that use them, aren't they? So you can put cards from your hand in your Standby area just to empty your hand for Scarlet, right?

Still collecting casters, third set will be idol themed (pic unrrlated to that). Hoping FoW gets some events for TCC soon even if just at gaming cons and similar.

>Battom middle
HOO BOY

Games pretty noice

My wallet's telling me no, but muh dick presents a compelling counterargument.

Its also fun to play

I can see it also has those nice multi-texture foils that its big sister FoW has that I really like.

Still.

Bionic Mecha Frieza
Of course the numbers will need to be fucked with and I'll need to find space for the new 3-drop Broly that just got spoiler yesterday and maybe a BRL or two, but you like the general idea?

The foils look gorgeous.

This is the new Broly, it's not on the site yet.

I'm never going to get used to the secondary market for Vanguard.

Like no, fuck you, the new X-Gallop is not a fifty dollar card. At least it shouldn't be, judging the non-effect CH have had on the JP meta.

The new X-Gallop is still technically a generic card that any DP deck can use it (even as an one of), besides the price will usually go down in the first two weeks before everyone wants to dump their stock before the prices go back up for certain cards

I just don't understand the Vanguard market at all. It's a 4-of limit, right? How do people manage to afford the game when I regularly see several cards that at $60+ at least?

Are the Japanese versions of these uncensored?

Speculators, just like Magic.

>nude lesbians on card games
The absolute madmen.

ACKSHULLY the term is skinship

Sort of?
>the entire game

Most spells involve removing opposing magical girls clothing

>light radiating from their holding hands
Why is this so funny?

A man of fine taste?

Don't forget Neo Nectar with some of the Bioroids, God bless lack with his work with Ahsha along with the Booty Zero promo card in FoW