Spheres of the Aether

The ancient entities of the cosmos have recognized your potential, and grant you ONE of the following Spheres.

Choose wisely, for your enemies lurk about.

Hmm

Arcane
>Conquer the world little by little with your ingenious monsters and fiends, eventually residing in your pocket dimension palace or flying castle
>Simulate other elements to basic degree so you're not held down by not being able to burn scorch the biomancer overgrowth

Blood
>Start out in Africa
>Become a local warlord with your powers, demanding human sacrifice
>Bulge with power and insane cunning
>Turn your demented might on the world and scourge the realm and gorge on adrenaline laden blood.

>Hemomancer
>Move to war-torn Africa
>Become a God

>Future Sight
>Pull Strings and influence the powerful while remaining out of sight
>Keikaku EVERYTHING

Best ways to ride out the upcoming and inevitable apocalypse

Blood, no contest here. Not even Time can increase your lifespan, and Necromancy turns you into an undead. Hemomancy also can be used offensively, just offers you so much.

You're still stuck with non-cataclysmic tier of power compared to something like water.

Your bulging muscles won't do much against my fortress of ice and my lifeless guardians.

Future Sight or Telepathy/Telekinesis. I struggle with human beings, so the spheres that let me deal with them better are the ones for me.

Post on /cyoag/ you god damned retard.

I can always strike a deal with a powerhouse like yourself. Take the rest of the world and leave me alone in South America. Cocaine and Brazilian asses to seal the agreement. I will simply have my own little kingdom of endless orgies.
Even if it won't work, I'm still incredibly strong and cunning, able to sustain myself with anything that has blood. I will survive one way or another.
Why fight for world supremacy when time is the greatest enemy anyway?

... Or will you turn down their gift and swear to combat the magical blight?

>You will never be a mage-hunting batman

the kino sphere

>become a wealthy, immortal and powerful businessman distributing void crystals and void crystal accessories to the people so everyone has the power to protect themselves

LIGHTNING
I AM THE MASTER OF MAGNETISM
Anybody got some of those old writefags

>Second Spring
With enough focus, a healing focused hemomancer can restart a dead or near dead allies heartbeat. This takes nearly a minute of channeling to accomplish.

>Scarlet Prison
With enough focus, a skilled bloodmage can slow the blood supply to his enemies main muscle groups, cramping them all simultaneously. This is extremely painful, and renders the target unable to move while the spell is being channeled. The bloodmage requires uninterrupted focus to maintain the spell, but if sustained for a long enough time could lead to permanent muscle damage or broken bones.
Tier: ULTIMATE

>Crimson Requiem
A low health, bleeding target is finished off in spectacular fashion - all of their blood is violently sucked through any open wounds or cavities such as the nose or eye sockets. This kills a weak or wounded target instantly, but causes extreme exertion on the part of the mage or warrior. Causes extreme blood loss.
Tier: ULTIMATE.

Loving these old spells for the game system.

The game that I ran for this was pretty fucking fun, been toying with starting it up again.

>Are We There Yet
This spell allows the caster to walk from one location to another similar location in a very short time, no matter what the actual distance between the two locations.
Tier 2
Major magic

>Warp Rift
This spell opens a temporary rift into the warp. In any environment that has an atmosphere, the vortex will immediately begin to suck air (or water, if underwater) from the surrounding area. This produces an effect similar to a whirlwind (or a whirlpool if underwater), as the spell, focused on the center of the area of effect, which contains the rift. Any creature sucked into the whirlwind (or whirlpool) is hurled into the warp. Creatures caught in vacuum will begin to suffocate, and will take points of damage per turn as their bodily fluids boil away, their internal gases erupt from their orifices, they become deafened as their eardrums burst and blinded as their eyeballs burst (5 damage every turn). In addition, the victim will "fly" away from the rift at the same speed that they were moving when they were sucked through it.

>Going Nowhere
This extremely dangerous spell allows the caster to delocalize his body for a short amount of time, allowing him to exist in multiple places simultaneously, or none. From a magical point of view, the caster becomes a probability cloud, into which he can project images (copies) of himself. None of the copies can leave the field, and any that do will instantly disappear. These copies can be brought into existence and removed at will by the caster. Each copy is identical to the mage at the time of casting. So, if the caster took damage before he cast the spell, all of his copies will come into existence damaged. On the same coin, if one copy has taken damage is removed, and another is sent out, it will be an unharmed copy. Even if they do not die, the shock may end the spell prematurely, stunning the caster for a short amount of time and in worst cases, cause short term madness

I know it's one of the weaker spheres and doesn't have any potential for immortality, but I'm going to have to go with Fire, because I've always been deeply, deeply fascinated by the sight of seeing shit burn. I'm not an edgelord, I just like starting fires, and with the Fire sphere, I could summon it out of thin air and manipulate it into all sorts of shapes and patterns, which is too awesome an opportunity for me to pass up.

> imagine hating fun this much

>doesn't have any potential for immortality,
>not turning yourself into pure fire and moving to the sun, then riding its nova to other stars.
>you only die when there are no more stars
Well I guess it's not pure immortality but it functionally is.

Is the op picture based on some system? Because I don't see anything in it about fire mages turning into living flame - it seems like you have some meta knowledge.

It's the other way around, I designed a module for a system to run Spheres. All the elemental sphere mages could turn themselves into their own element in order to have immortality. I did run some games with the system and it was quite fun.

> meta knowledge
> of a CYOA

Autism.

That sounds as cool as hell. Do you have a link of it I can download user?

I don't, but now that you mention it I could put it all together in a PDF. The playtests found that T&T is slightly OP so I'd have to tweak that.

Go ahead and post it however you see fit, if there's a place for it, it's here, and I'd love to see it.

Geomancy, if only for the life manipulation. I would love to fill this world with abundance, filling it to the brim with life. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say someone else can have the rock manipulation powers; Just give me plant magics and I'm good.
Then again earth magics could help me manipulate the soil, but I'll stick with life.

Time and cheat at gambling until I'm loaded.