/SWG/ - Riders Of The Storm Edition

What can mere Jedi and Clones do against such a threat?

Last thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---
Armada wave VII release article:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/1/launch-the-fleet/
Legion in-store demos announcement and locations:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/14/see-to-it-personally/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/swlegion/demos/
Force and Destiny Warrior Sourcebook announced:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/12/knights-of-fate/
X-Wing Wave XIV announced:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/13/save-the-dream/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ulrZlv_Gezo&feature=youtu.be&t=4m19s
youtu.be/uCjkRV8R99w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What can mere Jedi and Clones do against such a threat?
Job. Though while Nimus Commandos are effective are killing padawans, Anakin would go on to beat their high score.

Wait, the next X-Wing wave is a TIE reaper? A straight-up dedicated in-atmo troop transport? I know it looks cool, but why?

I think the Nimbus also killed several Knights an maybe a Master.

They did. I was saying that all the Jedi and Clones can do against the Nimbus is job. Which they did. I honestly don't know if they ever jobbed harder to any foe in the Clone Wars.

>I honestly don't know if they ever jobbed harder to any foe in the Clone Wars.

Well, the Geonosans and Umbarans were knocking the Clones around pretty hard.

Dirge and Grevious also made a mockery of both Clones and Jedi, killing plenty.

Riff Tamson and his Karakadon subordinates also defeated the Jedi and their Clones allies and then turned around and defeated a Gungan army I believe.

The Scorponek Droid was also said to be cursed heavily by the Republic because the thing always ensured Clone losses were extremely high against it whether it was defeated or not.

Was that dude in a bukake or what?

To build off of this- What sort of thuggery do these droids do? Were they designed to do that thuggery? Who designs them to do this thuggery? How does it damage other spaceships?

Do they flash gang signs at the other ship to damage it more?

It's water. It rains almost the entire time they're on Jabiim.

I assume it's mud. Jabiim has heavy precipitation all the way up until the time of the Empire's take over.

Why is there a MonCal pretending to be Grievous?

Jesus, that art.

Karbin was apparently an attempt at making a better Grevious.

Was about one of the few interesting things I saw in that Vader comic.

The battle of Jabiim was so good.

He was an experiment by a mad scientist to make someone that can surpass Vader.

Palpatine wanted to put pressure on vader after he dropped the ball at yavin

His reaction was appropriate

I don't even feel angry about nucanon anymore.

Just disillusioned and bitterly confused

>Geonosians
Defeated.
>Umbarans
Put up a solid fight, but defeated.
>Durge
Badass Gary Stu, but Gary Stu all the same.
>Grevious
Fair.
>Jaws
Also fair enough. Though anyone that gets killed by a MonCal in combat loses a couple points.

Absolutely. Space 'Nam in the middle of Space WWII.

This is why I only look back at the Legends/Old EU days.

That whole arc just looked so bleak. And the Padawan Crew or whatever they were called? Damn, that was so hardcore.

>>Geonosians
>Defeated.

>>Umbarans
>Put up a solid fight, but defeated.

But wow did they make the Clones pay.

>but defeated.
Catalyst mentions they were still putting up resistance until the end of the war

Yeah, but "a tough fought battle that they end up winning" isn't clone jobbing. It's just two equally matched forces going up against one another and one winning out.

Jabiim was the Republic jobbing hard and ended up having to admit defeat and pull out.

I thought "jobbing" was any instance where they take hidous losses, despite the odds being in their favor due to their martial talents?

>those last two panels

Reading the Republic comics in general was pretty jarring for me as a 11 year old kid who had just seen AoTC at the time. Looking back they're still pretty grim, the Republic got straight up BTFO at Jabiim and had to flee with their tails behind their legs leaving thousands of their allies behind.

The thing I really liked about the Republic comic's take on Clone Wars over TCW is that it actually shows the CIS being competent and winning.

I still like TCW, but the sheer incompetence of the CIS was a big turn-off. Especially with the whiny, useless nature of the B1s in the first few seasons.

"Jobbing" is usually either characters said to be awesome are shown to be weak dickwads and/or get shat on the protags (also called "Worfing") or just characters being incompetent dickwads whether we know about them or not.

Krennic's a jobber even though we don't know him, and the Stormtroopers in that awful comic are jobbers despite having a badass rep. For examples.

Yeah. In TCW I couldn't figure out why the war lasted as long as it did.

I hate modern comic art, literally just cheap 3d programs and photoshop.

FUCK

Nah, jobbing is a wrestling term for someone that is explicitly up there to lose. It's crept into fiction and the like to reference characters that lose fights in order to show how total cool and badass someone is, usually so that the even more badass protagonist can kick their butt.

In this case, it's Clone Troopers dying in droves to Nimbus Troopers to show off how totally awesome and super cool they are. Except since they wanted to crank up the 'nam factor and the grimdark, the Republic just goes on to lose the planet rather than Anakin and Obi-wan busting into their HQ and kicking their butt and saving the day for freedom, justice, and authoritarian democracy.

How do you guys feel about the concept from TOR of the galactic Cold War between the Republic and Empire?
I personally really dig it as an alternative take on Star Wars.

I had much the same reaction towards TCW early on too that I didn't get back into it until its later seasons. They did make up for a bit though at least.

I can barely draw stick figures and even I know this shadowing is fucking hideous.

IT LOOKS LIKE THEY USED THE SPRAYPAINT TOOL

This. A jobber/jabroni in a storytelling sense is someone who is there solely to be useless, ineffective, etc., usually in service to making another character look good.

Thing is, they were also selling it as if the CIS was fucking walking over the republic most of the time.

Its like the stormtrooper aim thing, off screen they're supposedly bulldozers but you can't show it because the heroes must succeed, hard, against a faceless threat.

Well the CIS did display some level of competence in TCW.

I thought it was pretty good for an organization ran by what amounts to venture capitalists, even though a lot of their losses can be attributed to individuals whom had no business leading like Wat Tambor and Poggle The Lesser.

Though I'm quick to point out that yeah they had some blunders there.

Like with the Super Tanks driving over the bridge when they could have just hammered the Republic's lines without ever crossing it.

...why the hell did his helmet just pop off for no reason. that shit should be secured.

Yeah, ditto. Because of the first few seasons, I avoided TCW until the finale season was put on Netflix.

I enjoyed it, aside from the aforementioned first few seasons and the Dathomir arc. Also not a fan of what they did with Mandalore, but it was at least a neat storyline.

>IT LOOKS LIKE THEY USED THE SPRAYPAINT TOOL
No, you know what's worse?
They used an automatic shader by positioning a light in 3d.

I dunno, I almost like it because it sort of plays the two as being complete opposites in terms of the armies. The Republic infantry are tough-as-nails Clone Troopers that kick ass six ways to Sundays but are being commanded by a bunch of religious peacekeepers that really were never expected to be the leaders of a massive army in a galactic war. Meanwhile, the CIS infantry are a bunch of mass-produced droids that are usually only dangerous in swarms -- Commando droids and droidekas and the like as exceptions to the rule -- but are being commanded by motherfuckers like Trench or the usually-decent Tactical droids.

One's strength was in its infantry, sometimes hindered by its command while the other's strength was in its command, often hindered by its infantry.

Exactly.

And the ironic thing is "Stormtrooper Effect" isn't even that good of a name since they're actually more competent than typical action movie henchmen when onscreen, until RO shit the bed that is.

The CIS were definitely blundering a lot, but nowhere near what we see now in Rebels where the Empire's supposed greatest leader can barely blow up a transport ship without losing half a dozen ISDs.

Well in the case of the CIS, their bad aim is explainable as they have large numbers to compensate and part of their warmachine is contracted out to teh lowest bidder.

Also, if you'll look at anything that isn't a B1, B2 or Vulture Droid, they have some very good aim or didn't need to aim due to their weapons being rapid fire or blasts.

I wonder how expensive the elite battle droids were. Considering their agility and aim, the CIS still had a lot of them going about.

Also their toughness being severely dropped in the later seasons is also part of the downplaying the threat.

>Its like the stormtrooper aim thing,

Actually, according to Pablo, it's bad off screen now (at least in Canon) given there is no standardized Stormtrooper training program and not all of them are trained the same.

I was kind of hoping I misheard him on that, but apparently it's in a video.

Well in Legends at least, the Droidekas were so expensive that the CIS had to give the Colicoids a discount on jerky to lower their price.

And when it comes to thinks like the Scorponek, they were so expensive that only 100 were ever constructed.

>Actually, according to Pablo, it's bad off screen now
Well yeah, NEU lore doesn't even have non-trooper imperial military.

Now the elite troops are all the troops, too make them seem less personable.

Which really puts it to the question: Was it lucas who wrote the whole accurate stormtrooper or was that in his wifes rewrite and he wanted them to be the main force all along.

>given there is no standardized Stormtrooper training program and not all of them are trained the same.
What
Is there any indication Imperial Army troops are still a thing in nucanon? In Legends they made up the bulk of the Empire's ground forces with the stormtroopersbeing the elites even if that was usually not actually represented, and Ican buy them being shoddily and inconsistently trained but not stormtroopers. Nucanon was truly a mistake

>Actually, according to Pablo, it's bad off screen now (at least in Canon) given there is no standardized Stormtrooper training program and not all of them are trained the same.

As if we didn't have enough reasons to hate him.

To make it more horrifying

Is there any good Imperial Army artwork anyway?
Also speaking of which, any Imperial Army troopers for SW Legions?

I'm going to need a citation on that claim user. We've been shown the empire raising troopers from a young age.

>Actually, according to Pablo, it's bad off screen now (at least in Canon)

How the hell is the Empire even considered a threat? Why is it that there wasn't a bigger revolution when it became clear that the Imperial military is literally worthless?

Palpatine and his dark force gays apparently scare the entire galaxy into submission.

They aren't. Not anymore. They're just a bunch of evil Nazis with no other influences other than being incompetent Nazis -- did you know they're based off the Nazis? -- that are defeated by a strong and couragous cast of diverse races, genders, and sexuality. The Force is Female.

There isn't even that much fanart of them, I don't think most people are aware they exist.

Well at least it explains their utterly pathetic post-Endor collapse now.

The empire owned the military industrial complex. Even assembling a meaningful opposition is hard

>I'm going to need a citation on that claim user.

Ught, I may be mistaken.

He speaks on it at 4:19.

youtube.com/watch?v=ulrZlv_Gezo&feature=youtu.be&t=4m19s

I like them, the little fanart there is of them I like, as they appear to be less armoured but equipped the same.

Think they might do a Star Wars Legions set of minis for them?

>Why is it that there wasn't a bigger revolution when it became clear that the Imperial military is literally worthless?
they do fail against main characters sometimes
but they hold their own against nameless grunts, and they easily subjugate most planets off-screen

and even against main characters, they dont fare too badly, at least in comparison to other evil institutions like COBRA
in ROTJ, they even manage a textbook fire and maneuver to take leia hostage, with no casualtiues
1 suppresses leia, and the other secures her at gunpoint, no fuss

the speeder bike chase shows luke actually expending effort to kill them, and leia does poorly in the chase

Pablo was a mistake. He even said he likes the fact that stormtroopers always miss and said he's gonna make sure it gets into every media he can lay his hands on. It's one of the reasons Rebels is so shit.

That really just amounts to a non answer of "stormtroopers are the empire's troops"

What's the excuse for them doing things like running from Han when they outnumber him and their whole performance on Endor?

Things like pressure differentials and vacuums are pretty much never handled accurately in TV and movies. In that scene for example there is no reason for him to get sucked out of the cockpit after the initial explosive decompression of the glass shattering unless right beneath him there is an opening to a large reservoir of pressurized air.

its not like rebel fleet troopers are better
they get have time to ready their shots, and to aim down the sights, but they miss way more than the stormtroopers

>said he's gonna make sure it gets into every media he can lay his hands on
Where the heck did that come from?

I think it was also him addressing their quality too.

Then again they are fighting against people with a conscience. Can they make a stand against guys who would charge at them with detpacks. Collateral damage and a willing desire to suicide bomb Vader at the first chance?

Which again amounts to "It varies"

No real comments on a standard of training.

>What's the excuse for them doing things like running from Han
well, when han reaches the end of the corridor, its hans turn to run away as he finds himself outnumbered
so you can interpret it as "falling back to their squad"
on endor, they take leia captive, then take the whole strike force captive, the ewolks briefly overpower them, but when the surprise wears off its the ewoks dying, the ewoks dont win until they change tactics and hijack the scout walker

I always did like that aesthetic Veers had going more than Stormtroopers when it comes to regular grunts.

>Think they might do a Star Wars Legions set of minis for them?
Maybe later on down the line if Navy Troopers become a thing as a counterpart to the Fleet Troopers, other than that not really.

Why are they doing stuff like falling for C-3PO's surrender, not using a perfectly good AT-AT on world, not throwing grenades, not shooting the enemy when they're before them and sending multiple speed bikes after a single stolen one?

You didn't mention that they're Nazis, you bigot.

You know, for some guys trained "rigorously" Storm Troopers really don't act like it.

> Unlike their predecessors, the majority of stormtroopers were non-clone recruits. Imperial cadets were shipped off to Imperial Academies, and subjected to rigorous training programs in order to produce highly trained shock troopers fiercely loyal to the Empire.

The only time this ever seemed believable outside of the 501st was the death troopers in Rogue One.

i mean of you nitpick you are gonna find enough to complain about, the movie was made by filmmakers not ex commandos with a camera
but they arent complete morons like say skeletor
they are about middle tier in villain effectiveness, getting a lot of things right and being a credible threat to heroes most of the time, but still forgetting a lot of common sense
the moments where they display hollywood tactics are more nitpicky than complaints against effectiveness
a real idiot moment would be the
deleted scene where a guy gets eaten by a wampa

I'd hardly call them a threat when they hand victory to the protagonists like I've been seeing as of late.

I can give OT Stormtroopers a pass. But Rogue One, where they only exist in the streets of Jedha to get killed by anyone who wants to fight them? Yeah, no. Those aren't an actual threat. Those are just jobbers that exist to show off how badass the protags are. And the Partisans. And really anyone who wants to rumble.

the partisans had the jump on them
but they give a pretty good showing for people in an ambush
they even killed several partisans
its mostly the main characters who effortlessly kill them, and the RO guys are more justified in that than even luke
jynn was raised by big boss, casian is rebel black ops, chirrut is a not-jedi, and baze has a really big gun

>Authoritarian democracy

> And the ironic thing is "Stormtrooper Effect" isn't even that good of a name since they're actually more competent than typical action movie henchmen when onscreen, until RO shit the bed that is.
Blaming Rogue One for that is dumb. RotJ already did that.

youtu.be/uCjkRV8R99w

Reminder that the Rogue One cast have a roughly 18600:1 k/d ratio.

>EA is selling Battlefront 2 for $24 on sale now

May actually get it. I know they're re-implementing the micro-transactions soon, but at $24 I may actually get my money's worth before that happens.

Staying away from that fucking campaign, though.

You really won't, senpai. Just play the real Battlefront 2 online with Steam. EAfront is just a genuinely shitty game, even without the corporate dickery.

>Staying away from that fucking campaign, though.

>All I wanted was to play as the goodguys and bring order and peace to the galaxy and extinguish the rebels
>Instead it's just another traitor story

GIVE IT BACK IT WAS OURS

I haven't watched any of the nu-films outside clips like this, is it me or are there less aliens and more focus on "diverse" background humans?

Maybe its just the current political landscape that making me see things but it really just seems like theres less aliens around.

>EAfront is just a genuinely shitty game, even without the corporate dickery.

Eh, it's a decent game. Nothing amazing, but I had fun with it.

#
>QRF?
I went for a second AT-RT

Since Hoersch-Kessel Drive was apparently part of the CIS despite having been spun off by the Trade Fed do you guys think a bunch of organics in R41 Starchasers would be a dangerous set of elites?

I mean they're slightly SLIGHTLY less durable than Headhunters but incredibly well armed with twin Conc missile launchers, 2x Ion cannons and 2x lasers. And I think they're as fast or faster.

By Clone Wars standards the Starchaser was a fucking superweapon.

There will never be a game from a full Imperial point of view. If only.

They should have had the buzz droid crawl onto him and rip it off.

>a real idiot moment would be the
>deleted scene where a guy gets eaten by a wampa
I mean they opened a door and the Wampa was right there. The others not shooting in to at least try and rescue him was kinda too much of an incompetent comedy beat.
'
The AT-AT was restricted to areas with more trees cleared out. They left the rear looking vulnerable by leaving the trees up.

There was one.

And exactly one.

I mean I wasn't expecting an Empire did nothing wrong story but I thought they'd at least give us a choice, and maybe even give a loyal Iden some believable reasons as to why she'd continue on and keep following orders. But instead we get Operation Cinder and lol burn your loyal homeworld for the evulz.

I know, and it was good. But it's been a long time since that came out. Expect to never play a Stormtrooper again in this SJW ran Star Wars era.

God i love starchasers. Go for it user, give them all different sweet paintjobs and make your players afraid.

At least her reasons for serving the Empire while she *was* doing so were pretty believable.

>EAfront is just a genuinely shitty game
I guess there must be a reason EA has slashed the price so much so quickly.

>Just play the real Battlefront 2 online with Steam
Are the old mods like the conversion pack and Extreme still played much on Steam?

Trooper! Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my vibroblade!