bloodbowl.com/
thenaf.net/
fumbbl.com/
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

First for steam sale newbie BB2 league when

We could try that but maybe a steam group for friendlies would be better? Pick up games.

I'm interested

Also how do I get started with Lizards? I don't really know what to do with any of my skinks that don't have the ball.

Friendlies are fine, but a league is always better.

Step 1: Get lucky and play 2 gobbo teams, have your Skinks go to town on them and get lots of SPP

Start with

6 Saurus
1 Kroxigor
4 Skinks
2 Re-rolls

Protect your skinks, DO NOT let them get hit. Saurus mark and get stuck in with the kroxigor. Overwhelm the opponent with your Saurus and Kroxigor.

Protect skinks at all costs.

IMO they don't need the Krox immediately, better off going with another reroll and skink.

They don't need him as such but he turns the 6 Saurus from a distinct strength advantage to an overwhelming advantage I think.

Do you get SPP from injuries you cause when you foul an opposing player?

No.

Thanks

Can you only get Star Players on a per-game basis?

I actually got into Blood Bowl via the card game and collecting Star Players was the most fun thing about it, so if I can't add Star Players to my team over time that will be very disappointing.

you can't. Star Players are mercenaries and will only play one game for you unless you keep hiring them

Well this is some fucking bullshit

Fuck Lizardmen are fun, bullying everyone with my Saurus and Skinks sprinting around like mad cunts. And I'm saving up for a Krox to really go to town.

Why do we have everyone starting Lizzies between this thread and the last?

Because we have a lot of new players.

yeah, but why are they all playing Lizardmen? Skaven are clearly superior to nasty scale-things...

Nice try Ratto

The good side is, you can make your own players develop through scoring and murder.

Oh shit now my Lizards are getting bullied by Ogres

RIP Kai of the River T_T

Ya ogres can be rough. They can tear through teams with a few good dice. KILL THE SNOTS

>kill the snots

That's pretty hard, as it turns out. I pounded the ogres into the ground by ganging up on them one at a time. Pushed one out for a KO he didn't wake up from, injured one, and killed one via fouling. Won 2-0. They injured a bunch of my guys but I got lucky with rolls and the Apothecary sent one to the bench instead of the graveyard and then the KO'd guys woke up.

Problem with Lizards vs Ogres is generally your only way to counter Dodge is your Krox, who will be tied up trying to down the Ogres or at least keep them in check.

Good job man. Least you won. The issue is getting through an Ogre match alive most of the time. Once your lizards level more you should curb stomp them quite hard.

Any tips on vsing Dwarves?

Knock them over but do not follow. For example, knock over two Dwarfs, then mark two of them with one player. In your case a Saurus.

Spread the gits out and overpower them, while also doing the above. Dwarfs speed is absolutely abysmal outside of their runner. Wait for an opening or a potential opening. Blast up and flood it.

Get your Kroxigor to mark two Dwarf blockers as well. Combined with above, you "trade" four players for two. This can completely disrupt a Dwarven defense or offense, forcing them to either recommit or expend men getting your Lizards off them or horribly undermanned back field where you can overwhelm them.

Protect your skinks and if crap hits the fan, don't be afraid to do a hand-off play assuming you have a re-roll.

I have two friends willing to start playing tabletop BB with me. Will dwarves, union elves and orcs be balanced against each other? Are they newbie friendly? I know that orcs are quite idiot-proof but I'm not familiar with other teams

Dwarfs are good, very reliable
Orcs need two box to really go town, they'll have an advantage on dwarfs unless unlucky rolls.
Union elves are tricky and very frail, don't get too attached to your linemen

Dwarves are rough for newbies because their speed means if you get even a little out of position you can have a very hard time recovering.

In the main it sounds like a fairly balamced trio. Pro elves are gonna get butchered though.

I wrote an anthem and winning fanfare for my team and played them on my phone before and after matches. Now everyone in the league wants one and the guy managing rigged a good audio system for them. I have a shitton of commissioned work.
Thanks BB

This might be a dumb question, but how do I learn to build opening positions without just copying from guides?
What should I be looking for?

That is really hard to answer as it depends on your team, the enemy team and the turn and score.

Generally vs bashy you want everyone but the Line of scrum two spaces back at least. Second, a strong focus on center field is crucial. Hold the middle, hold the field.

Vs elves you want a wide defense coverong as many gaps as possible. What team are you using?

Just trying them all against the AI in friendly matches, but I'm losing control of the field really fast.

Dont aggresively mark on defense/kicking. Let them come to you. Keep two players back field ready to intercept any breakthroughs.

The players in the back are usually catcher/throwers or agile dudes. Intercepting non violently?

No. Use your blitzers as back fielders. Intercept, violently. As in blitz the crap out of anyone who seems like a threat or ideally the ball carrier.

He kinda said it alreafy, but highlughting the most important bit. Do not mark any player ever, noobs tend to mark casually and you risk getting injured and are guaranteeing yourself to lose pitch control as your guy is downed. Only mark when your opponent blocking will come at a great cost for him. Also to cover as much field as possible remember the basics of the screen, you "can't" go through two enemy players who are two tiles away, keep that in mind to cover as much space as possible.

>create a first team
>win 2 games
>Thrower can be upgraded, great
>choose steady hands and accept
>realize it was not a thrower but it's a fuckin blitzer
Thank you mister translator

So my linemenb stand on the frontline, and the blitzers on the back. Great. Where do the agile bois go?

Thanks lad

why are high elves the worst elf team?

1750k store tourney Lizardmen player from the last thread here.

I was so sure of what I wanted, then I made the mistake of asking the internet for advice. Now I have 3 lists to choose from!

My original idea:
4RR
Ass. Coach
Slibli
Krox with block and guard
6x Saurus with block
4x skinks with AG4
extra skink

Last thread I was suggested to drop a few skinks so i could have more skills to throw around.

4RR
Ass. Coach
Slibli
2x saurus with block and break tackle
Saurus with block and guard
Saurus with block and guard/kick
2x saurus with block
2x skinks with AG4
3x extra skinks

Now I'm really happy with my kitbashed Slibli, and I would LOVE to field him. But I suppose if I don't bring him that's an extra 25000 I could put onto all the other players. So here's my current lineup from the BB2 vidya for consideration as well:

4RR
10FF
Apothecary
Ass. Coach
Cheerleader
2x saurus with block and guard
4x saurus with block
2x skinks with sidestep and sure hands
3x skinks with sidestep and catch

I suppose I could drop the fan factor to nil and give 2 of the block saurus break tackle and frenzy for crowd surfers and kick to a 3rd.

Where do I get the real rerolls? I mean those ones that actually succeed all the time like my opponent's rerolls

In the middle so they can go where needed and sneak through the line.

Have you tried sacrificing effigies to Nuffle?

Error on the last list, forgot one of the doubles cost. Both skinks still have sure hands, but I drop the cheerleader for one of the doubles costs.

i'd say pro elves are. high elves can get really really good at high tv. armor 8, and they have 4 players with the wardancer stat line.

pro elves have catchers with nos, which is really good and blitzers that start with sidestep. downsides is their linemen are garbage at 6347.

every elf team is good, though. agi4 is insane

Sillibilly gives you some serious extra muscle alongside your usual Saurus and Krox. You WANT that guy in there. Dump the Fan Factor, its completely worthless for variant 3 if you decide to.

Variant 1 looks to be the most solid, with the exception of 4 RR. Drop to 3, then add break tackle onto the 6 Saurus as much as possible.

Wardancers - Linemen/Catchers/Throwers - Treeman. Might this work or should I find other models for catchers and throwers? I'm gonna put tags on all my players of course

What about the skilled skinks? Will the sidestep catch sure hands running combo work better than AG4 or is it just that much better to have the 2+ tests?

Dropping to 3RR is risky with me. Block and ag4 cover most of the problems, but that 4th reroll is a nice guarantee.

Dropping it I could bring it to 2 break tackle saurus and 1 guard saurus, putting 2 blitzers on the corners and 3 with guard on the line.

I can see it working if you make the linemen/catcher/throwers different enough through color, added bits and pose

Just make sure they're the right size for the BB grid

You actually can. Read Deathzone season 2 or the Almanac.

3 RR is sufficient for a team like yours. The guard sounds nice but I personally would give all break tackle over guard where possible. Dodging on a 2+ with saurus turns them into a pitch wide threat.

Ag4 over ag3 is no contest. The ability to dodge on 2+ is unreal and godly compared to 3. Trust me on that much at least.

What is your opinion on savage orcs? Have you ever played them?

Skinks are so fucking adorable. I love their touchdown animation.

>Do not mark any player ever, noobs tend to mark casually and you risk getting injured and are guaranteeing yourself to lose pitch control as your guy is downed. Only mark when your opponent blocking will come at a great cost for him

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I tend to mark a lot, just like you said.

Having a ball-carrying Blitzer actually isn't too bad. use him for emergency hand-off.

>Slibli

what?

How do you deal with Tomb Kings, Ogres, and other big bruiser teams? These Str 5 assholes are kicking the crap out of my Saurus and Kroxigor.

You put block on a lot of your players and weave around them with your skins knowing they don't have any real layer capable of stopping them

I'm just starting too, but it seems like Lizardmen are actually reasonably well-equipped to deal with them. You should have 6 or 7 high-strength units in your Saurus and Kroxigor, so gang up on them one at a time and pound the shit out of them, while the two or three big guys not doing this stall the rest and fill gaps, and your Skinks rocket around after the ball or whatever.

Still no scans?

I just had a swarm of Skinks take down a Tomb Guardian, incidentally. Fear the Skink Blitzers and their mighty 2(+1+1+1) Str!

What's the point in having a good team with a bunch of rerolls if the opponent always gets Halfing Chefs and makes you lose them and gets some of their own?

game balance

Doesn't seem very balanced, just punishes you for spending your money in a particular way.

So as I'm learning the ropes here, I'm wondering why BB doesn't have field goals.

Squash the stupid fat hobbits!

I think a mixture of transportation (Boardgame) and flavour.

What's a typical score for a game? Right now I've won seven games in Eternal League 2-0

I'm halfway trough the campaign and I'm already bored of the humans.
Maybe this game isn't for me? I mean, you have to play a single team in a league too.

Sounds about right. Close is 2-1 or 1-0. Decisive is 2-0. Strong victory is 3-0. Anything above you were either bulldozed or fighting elves.

Humans are just one of 24 teams. Try another team in eternal league.

To all you beginners

Do you want a team who is both strong and agile?

Do you want players who are near unkillable?

Do you want to win games 90% of the time?

Do you want players who can kill and pass all in one tidy package?

PLAY VAMPIRES!

With the strength of Black Orcs and Speed of Elves, you can't go wrong with Vampires! Play as Vampires today to learn what it means to play THE best team in Blood Bowl!

Recommend you start with at least 4.

Skittles

If you are that much higher, just run over them.

Star player for lizardmen and slann

7419 loner grab block guard stand firm

Bump

SoI just finished the first round of Eternal league, now starting the second. And it's throwing teams that are nearly 500 TV lower than me at me. Does it ever start upping the AI difficulty?

Unfortunately not. The only way you get a real challenge is people. But its good youre saying AI is easy. Means you can graduate to real opponents. Fair warning: prepare to see crazy plays which nay work and leave you mad. Or super players with stat buffs. Ag5 vampires with st5 are nuts.

Yeah I'm definitely not ready for anything other than fellow newbies. I have no real idea how to defend the passing game, for example.

Try to play AI a bit more. Maybe enquire on steam forums for noobies. Also first suggestion, turn off your chat , check options, for bb2. Whining is through the roof.

Simply picking up a ball on the ground should not be this difficult

The ball has spikes. And might just be secretly alive/a bomb/a player from the other team.

Background of BB is 99% of players are essentially looking for an excuse to beat up one another. They aren't exactly professional.

going humans (with ogre) against lizards (with krox) tomorrow
any tips?

Get ready to get your face bashed in and scream as you try to catch skinks. On the bright side, you should have more skills and rerolls, so use your blitzers to take on his Saurus if they don't have block, etc. The skinks are Str 2 so if your linemen can catch them they'll do a good job of smacking them solo.

Why does Eternal League keep throwing Goblin teams at me? Cave Goblins, Regular Goblins, Goblins and Skaven...I'm tired of fucking Goblins.

Anyone? I want to use savage orcs models from AoS anyway but I'm not sure what should I expect

They arent official yet but the team is a bit gimicky. I suggest convert them for a normal orc team.

Its random sadly.

Where were you where halflings confirmed worst team and vampires confirmed new stunty team?

Reading about the game, 10 years ago

A fucking Troll just made my best Saurus lose a point of Str

Should I cut him now and start training another? He's still got Block and Guard, so I'm kind of reluctant to, especially since Saurus take so long to level.

Also I am sick and fucking tired of Trolls. 90% of the games I've played have had a troll or two in them.

And it was on the last turn of the game, too

FUCK TROLLS

Cut him. Str3 saurus is useless. Did you not buy an apothecary yet?

I did, I rerolled an earlier death on my only sure hands Skink

I played vamps back in an old ongoing league we had. never had an end season and just let teams get crazy built.

Was very fun to play when once you get block and pro on all the vamps. even better when you get some mighty blow thrown around.

they still sucked though. Vamps REALLY need to be AV 9 and MA 7 for the price and factored in to how much the thralls blow.

Ouch. Well get to rebuying.

7449 regen would be absolutely ridiculous even with bloodlust and shitty linemen

Unless they changed bloodlust to 3+ instead of 2+