Epic30k & Epic40k General /Epic/

1st and only rule: don't post caster/recaster information or material.

>Where do I get the rules?
Net Epic Armageddon rules and the updated army lists can be found at:
tp.net-armageddon.org/
It's based off of the Epic Armageddon rule set, otherwise known as Epic 4th Ed, with some minor changes and new army lists.

>Well that's 40k, what about the cool 30k stuff I see?
The Horus Heresy supplement can be found here.
epicau.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page

>Where do I get those fan made minis that show up everywhere?
You go on any of the Facebook groups for Epic and lurk. If you can you should try and get your own epic army and post updates and ask for ideas about how to paint them. Eventually after you've gained some trust on there you could try and either PM someone you know has forumware or post and ask about it. You could also try posting on the Tactical Command forum. Asking outright as your first message in any of these places will get you ignored.

>Where else can I get miniatures?
There is a lot of old epic stuff on Ebay and some manufacturers produce good proxies, like vanguardminiatures.co.uk/ and www.onslaughtminis.com.

>What's the game like?
Players alternate using parts of their armies called formations rather than moving and fighting with their entire force. Morale and fatigue is represented by giving “Blast Markers” to a formation when something bad happens to it, which gradually makes it less effective and stops more and more units in the formation from acting until they rally. The scale makes units with longer range weapons or high movement speed stand out more, makes maneuvering more important and allows for the use of many units that are super heavy or above in Warhammer 40k such as Baneblades, Stompas, Titans and even Mega Gargants. While still keeping regular tanks and infantry relevant and effective.The new 30k stuff is also great, though development is apparently dead.

Discord: discord.gg/4HpF6Z9

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/4HpF6Z9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wish this game suffered less under dumb legacy problems. A crozius Arcanum is not a "Macro Weapon" ffs.

Why is getting known in the discord not an option to get minis contacts?
Why does nobody ever talk warmaster? Did it fail for some particular reason or it's just 40k being more popular?

Which version of rules are best? Which are more modern (including all this new units and other stuff)?

That's a strange thing to be upset by. "Macro" weapons are essentially just "Power" weapons from 40k, things that bypass armour saves.

No one known?

>Which version of rules are best?
Epic Armageddon

>Which are more modern (including all this new units and other stuff)?
NetEpic witch is a fan made list for Epic Armageddon.

Neat, an epic thread.
Have some ultramarines

Warmaster is a totally different game than Epic so it depends on what you’re into. I’d say Warmaster is enjoying more of a revival right now than Epic is with the recent release of Warmaster Revolution.

If that’s your only complaint, the game has nothing to worry about.

Small clarification: NetEpic and NetEpic:Armageddon are two different rule sets. I prefer NetEpic:Armageddon

Lucius warlord >>> Mars warlord

Too bad they don't make a true scale Lucius Warlord.

There’s a starter guide out there that explains a lot of this crap.

NetEpic is a fan development of 2nd edition Epic, which played a lot more like 40k. If you like old-school Epic you’re probably playing this version.

4th ed. was Epic Armageddon. It’s more zoomed out, and imo a fantastic ruleset. It’s the predominant version of the game. We (the fans) haven’t really messed with the rules so it’s still called Epic Armageddon. There is a group that’s stuck Net- in front of the name but they only maintain army lists, not the rules themselves. To avoid confusion with NetEpic, we refer to this group as NetEA and not NetEpic Armageddon. There are other groups that maintain separate army lists: EpicUK (specific to their tournament meta - very similar to and generally compatible with NetEA’s lists), EpicAU (they write the 30k lists), FERC (in French), etc. Same rules, different lists.

NetEA”s website (net-armageddon.org) is the best place to go get the Epic Armageddon rules. Their Tournament Pack has the rules and playtest-approved NetEA army lists. For unapproved (experimental) lists, go to the Tactical Command forums.

That forum’s great, except it’s always had a bug making registration activation difficult. If you don’t get the activation email, complain on the Facebook group, “Epic Armageddon, Adeptus Titanicus, (something something, etc.)” and we’ll help out. For 3rd party minis you want to join the forum and post painted minis (3rd party or old official ones) before reaching out via PM to other members. Everyone’s paranoid because of GW C&D letters that did actually happen.

Sometimes these threads attract ResinBro’s attention. (If you’re out there, how willing are you to have your contact info shared?)

How tall are titans? Will those new GW mini-knights work in Epic (perhaps as Subjugators)?

They’ll be at least 1/3 taller than the old knights, which I think is okay if you aren’t mixing them with GW knights or titans. It would look a little dumb to have an old warhound next to them.

My bullshit brain took care of that for me and I just see 'Mega Weapon' every time I read MW, which makes more sense for no good reason but doesn't upset my autism.

You mean the FW AT titans will be 1/3 taller than the old epic knights, or the mini-knights will be 1/3 taller than old epic knights?

The new knights will be 1/3 taller than the old knights, because the old knights were pretty close to being in proper 6mm scale.

The new titans will be more than 1/3 taller than the old ones because the old titans were underscaled. I think the new Warlord will be twice as tall as the old ones!

Isn't that something like $150?
Or is that the new forgeworld adeptus titanicus warlord?

>discord.gg/4HpF6Z9

anyone else in the Seattl area? i got some armies in a box somewhere to run both sides.

Nope, that is only about $60.

$150 AUD