Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/21Whc22e

>Critical Role
geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/

>Raven Queen in Dungeons and Dragons
youtu.be/gXWgG83jyaI

>Previously, on /5eg/
How do you use or plan yo use Raven Queen in your campaigns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gXWgG83jyaI
funin.space/compendium/epicdestiny/Raven-Consort.html
pastebin.com/92KQM2q2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i don't but let me tell you about playable commoners

youtu.be/gXWgG83jyaI
This video is for you, then!

>How do you use or plan yo use Raven Queen in your campaigns?
Won't, too edgy and on top of that too vague.
Mask remains the only edgelord god with major representation in my campaigns.

I want to fug her, then while she's distracted by my dick game, take the throne.

funin.space/compendium/epicdestiny/Raven-Consort.html

Won’t be. She’s too vague.

Bargain bin Lady of Pain worshipped by some cultists in the Outlands. Not going to take her too seriously since she is one of the weakest deity designs in D&D history in my book.

I dont. Because she is gay.

I don't. I never run official settings.

>have a fun character
>Can never play it due to being forever DAM

kill me

Any decent printable deck of many things out there?

She may or may not be an ex of Orcus, who ruined her with his demon rot dick, and fled to the moon with her unborn half-demon child in fear for stealing some power over death from Orcus. She now meddles in things, oh and she cut off the fingers of her right hand and had each made into a blade/weapon for a champion.

A typical manchild's power fantasy.

Nah. She's like a fucked up witch queen sort of deal. Orcus is also a fat disgusting horndog, because he profanes life.

I admittedly like my settings weirder and more metal than most. Metal Hurlant informs my fantasy more than Tolkien.

I've no clue if it translated to 5e but I can mention what made her work in 4e (In particular, in the main 4e setting).

She's a hypocritical, very human god. 4e gods are generally rather defined by their role, not acting against it and putting it over personal desires less important than 'Stop the world existing'. The Raven Queen is different there, she was once human and this translates a lot to how she acts. She will defy her own role for her goals, she will be a complete hypocrite for her own gain.

The cornerstone of this? 4e's main setting didn't need a goddess of the dead. The role was created by Nerull when he became a god himself and basically forced it into existence by fucking up the entire reincarnation system. The Raven Queen later took his role...and refused to change back. She doesn't want to lose the power she's gained now and be reduced in stature as a goddess, even though it's not how the setting is supposed to work (It's supposed to be a reincarnation system, not an afterlife judge one. She's left the river of the dead blocked up, preventing the cycle of souls).

She's a greedy, self-centred and very flawed goddess who's playing at the idea of being moral and kind. She teaches that she turned the system of the dead from a horror where a sadist god can do what he wants to a system where a benevolent goddess judges you and rewards you if you deserve it. She doesn't teach that she's unneeded in that system and without her, it would still work fine. She teaches that undead are horrors and should be destroyed...but she makes Revenants, undead that serve her. She teaches that fate should be obeyed...but she's fighting tooth and nail against those trying to restore the Everflow (The reincarnation system), the fated system of reincarnation.

It's why I liked her in 4e. She's not a good goddess but she's a very fun one who's on the darker end of morally grey (Even if she's not an outright villain, just greedy on a god scale.).

Could I get some input folks, is this mid/late game boon/item game breaking, strong, aight, the idea is monk smites.
>you gain a pool of martial arts die equal to your ki points, you can add as many of these as you like onto any attack you make, the extra damage is poison damage. You regain these dice once you've completed a short rest.

Tell me about playable commoners

pastebin.com/92KQM2q2 hehre you go

im looking to improve this by removing casting. the fantasy for this class is kind of like a servant. he does all the food, cooking, sets up everyone's bedrolls, does menial labor for work in town, tends to the farms for pay, does people's crops for them for pay, that kind of stuff

and as for combat they're meant to be a bandaid over whatever gap they're missing in the party

i'm also looking to remove the caster bits out of there and replace them with something more martial-y. what should it be replaced with?

Made an update to my idea about letting a character go supernova.
Feedback was helpful and any more would be much appreciated.

could replace it with ritual-only casting

of course, that's a feat anyway

The "shove-aside" option from the DMG is a bit ambiguously worded. When you use the option, can you move the target to a space adjacent to you or to them? The second seems more reasonable to me, but I'm not sure.

i was hoping for them to be pure martials

Way too powerful as is desu. Not a commoner at all. Am severely disappoint bruv

what would you change?

I wouldn't change much of anything because this class actually seems pretty cool. He's just not a commoner. In old 3.5 terms, it's much more like the Expert NPC class than the Commoner.

Although if you're looking to get rid of casting, maybe give him a nerfed version of the Rogue's Sneak Attack?

what exactly was an expert? was it like a commoner that went even further beyond?

Basically like the Commoner, but way more skill points. Essentially any NPC in town with a high skilled job (Smith, Tanner, Cartographer, etc) woulf have been 'experts', while the dirt farmers, fishermen, and street urchins would have all been 'commoners'.

oh, i see. what would a commoner look like, then?

You see all those words you have written next to all the level numbers? Erase those.

Now he's still way too powerful, but you're getting closer.

Like this.

d4 hit dice. +1 Proficienty bonus at level 1, increasing every 6 levels, proficiency with no types of armor, one (1) simple weapon, and one (1) skill.

No class features that have anything to do with combat.

i tried asking about this in the previous thread but instead of these polite and helpful posts i was assailed by a mentally ill person

>raven queen

Get that goth-self-insert shit away from me.

Ok, but why do people hate the Raven Queen so much?

Don't get me wrong user, I like this 'normal dude' class you've got worked up. It's neat. But when I hear 'playable commoner', I've got some expectations of uselessness built in. XD

It reminds them 4th edition existed.

She super vague and edgy with no actual defined traits or themes. She's some death goddess, but she's not evil, but she's also a knowledge goddess, but she's also kinda not really a god, but she hates the other gods...

It's someone shitty OC donut steel warlock patron that was made up in 2 minutes to justify some shitty homebrew nobody actually asked for or wanted. Except the Homebrew was a UA article.

You also got people telling you plainly that it was a bad idea in general, and that we didn't have any homebrew of the class because that's not how a commoner should work.

So I'm struggling to write my next game for Saturday, I want to include a Trials of the god of Justice type ordeal for a party member, they're each all getting one game this arc about them and their backstory. It's all going to take place in a sort of dream sequence prayer thing but I'm not sure what to do

There's the obvious one like "you find yourselves in an orc village having just slain the marauding warband, you find an orcish child, what do?

I don't think they'll go for the kill option since they have met a few characters that go against the mandatory evil idea already but you know what I mean, I'm looking for ideas to challenge them to do what is Just not necessarily what is safe or tactical.

Thanks guise I'm usually not stuck for ideas but this writers block is real.

I don’t really care about that part, just mostly this shit.
She unironically sounds like someone’s girlfriend’s OC put into the game as a goddess because he thinks it’ll win points with her or some shit like that.

Why does anyone like the Raven Queen at all?

because its a woman and its 2018 you misogynist pig

>She super vague and edgy with no actual defined traits or themes. She's some death goddess, but she's not evil, but she's also a knowledge goddess, but she's also kinda not really a god, but she hates the other gods...

She's had a few articles written about her in previous editions.

This.
In everything after 3.5 'classes' are something only special people have. A 'commoner class' in both 4e and 5e just doesn't make sense. A common human in 5e terms doesn't have a 'class', he's got like 6hp and a club.

That's it. Nothing more necessary from the DM's perspective. The only real reason the 'commoner class' existed in earlier editions was because 3.x was such a simulation game that it became necessary/desirable to have full statblocks on hand for every dirtfarmer you came across.

She's exactly what the fat ex-goth GM's girlfriend would force her boyfriend to include in his campaign.

Too cool for a name, too mysterious to be good, too "above-such-matters" to be evil, with the kind of hypocrisy that says "Destroy all undead, except for the ones I make."

Voiced by Kate Hudson.

Did you just assume the gender of a god?! You cis-gendered savage!

Do gods even have "genders" as we understand them?

>Do gods even have "genders" as we understand them?
Yes, unless you're talking about Corellon Larethian

She's more or less what you get when a D&D necromancer actually gets godlike power without really giving a shit about divine responsibility, just caring about the power. Her and Vecna likely go to the same 'Asshole God' club.

That's not really a compelling argument to "like" her.

One Vecna was exactly enough for a pantheon. I don't need his rule 63 doppelganger hanging around too thanks.

>Do gods even have "genders" as we understand them?

That's iffy. I imagine you'll likely find interpretations of gods in different places with very different faces. They likely handle it more on a 'This is the gender this aspect/avatar of me has' rather than 'This is the gender I have everywhere'.

Moradin literally has a chubby dwarf cock and you cannot possibly convince me otherwise.

Well, there is a difference between liking someone as a character and liking someone as a person. I think she's a shitty, shitty person but I like her being a character of the Nehir Vale setting, like how I think Tiamat is a shitty, shitty person but she's a good part of a setting.

Even Corellon was primarily depicted as male, and his "gender-fluidity" was exaggerated by the 5e writers because of reasons.

Fuck off, /pol/.

Okay, let's go over this thing then.
>d8 hit die
Oh god no. Should be 1d6, and that's just because 5e doesn't do d4s for hit dice for anything other than tiny monsters.
>armor: light, medium
Should be none.
>weapons: simple
Too general. Club, handaxe, sickle, and sling. (And that's being generous)

And as others have said, all those abilities are more suited to an expert rather than a commoner. And of course the level 1 ability doesn't do anything.

Also you're missing some other important things:
>Tool Proficiency: Any Artisan's Tool Kit.
>Saves: Charisma, constitution.
Not much options here. Should be 1 weak, 1 strong, and those seem roughly applicable.
>Skills: Acrobatics or Animal Handling or Nature.

In general, the class is less of a commoner, and more intended to be a jack of all trades, more like a bard without the music.

>the fantasy for this class is kind of like a servant
Is this some kind of fetish thing?

Also by his original write up.

It's more people trying to avoid that because it made them uncomfortable.

Not the guy making this, but looking at it and his satements about it's purpose, I think calling the class something like 'Follower' would alleviate the problem we're having with it, and I think the class is actually pretty cool to put on a hired/recruited follower NPC the party might conscript. But not really playable as a PC unless being underpowered is your jam.

More like you have a party of 3 people with a glaring weakness such as lack of designated rogue/trapfinder/lockpicker and you want to send them to an area where it would be extremely weird not to have any locks or traps, so instead you let the party hire a locksmith.

I like her as a non-evil foil to Orcus and Vecna. Gives them someone else to fight with.

Is there a list of all the metals that are canon in 5e somewhere? I own the PHB, DMG and MM.

I want to have a spess mining campaign next

Kelemvor and Jergath are far more established though.

>needing canon
Look up Wilderness Survival Guide, it has a shitton about mining materials and what each metal does.

Why would they not just hire a rogue

It's more that people dropped it because it wasn't a particularly good bit of lore. A lot of the stuff from OD&D is best left forgotten.

I dunno, seems fine to me. Makes them a bit less 'Just a more powerful person', which D&D gods have a bad habit of seeming at times.

If they're an NPC they don't need class levels, and if they're not an NPC then the artisan background covers whatever you need.

Cheers. I guess I could've omitted the canon part, I just wanted to avoid entering the magical realm. I'm a bit paranoid, I know.

>I just wanted to avoid entering the magical realm
What? How would you even enter magical realm just by the selection of metals in your setting? How could that lead to magical realm in any way?

>magical realm

These rocks..... They get me so..... HARD.

He clearly plans to make kitchen tiles out of them.

Well, introducing tiles in your campaign is just straight fetishistic, no material selection can help you there

My issue is that it pushes a "elves are androgynous" thing, which I've always felt cheapened male elves as much as "all dwarves have beards" cheapened female eves.

As I said, I'm starting to become increasingly Paranoid due to the recent influx of Furfags and nonbinary players in my vicinity. My public oneshots have slowly chipped away at my resolve, making me wary that everything and anything can be a fetish.

>How could you enter magical realm with materials
I had people try to make everything into an Aphrodisiac in those public rounds, from food to magic items to places and any kind of spell, it's only a question of time before someone finds some arcane splatbook from the dark ages which mentions how you can turn pig iron into some kind of powder or paste that enlarges your mantits.

Elves are feminine user. Accept it.

Your elves might be.

Elves should resemble Greys more than they do Humans.

The females are.

Are there any official or good homebrews for a 'Priest' sort of class? Like a Cleric but without any armor/combat prowess? I'm envisioning something like the Priest class in WoW, like a Wizard or Sorcerer, but focused almost solely on healing? Or should I just roll a regular caster class and select themed spells if I'm going for something like that?

I mean, elves being androgynous is a pretty classic D&D things.

Cleric is already a full caster. You can't really make a doubleplus full caster. Just...play one of the many cleric types that don't get extra melee combat stuff?

classic=/=good.
If we go even further back to Tolkien, male elves are paragons of manliness.

Yeah but you are angry at D&D being D&D. That feels a bit redundant and hard to implement after this many years of otherwise.

Celestial Warlock, Divine Soul Sorcerer, or Theurge are probably the closest thing to what you're looking for.

I think I'm more inclined to say I don't give blanket approval for everything from old D&D and I don't drag sacred cows around just for their own sake.

Just like how I prefer battle Erinyes over "Lawful succubi" like they were in the past.

Bullshit, D&D elves were always supposed to be tolkien elves. The faggots who tried to make them transexual and any GM who accepts that bullshit should be shunned.

Wait, how does it cheapen male elves to have them have a different standard of beauty?

People don't play elves (or any non-human races) for the sake of playing a different or alien race. They play it so they can be humans with extra perks, longer lifespans, cooler powers, and extra snowflake factor.

This is why all-human games are an amazing metric for weeding out shit players.

>Greys
You mean ayys?

you sound really insecure tbqhwyf

I play non-humans for the sake of being non-human because otherwise why pick them over Variant Human?

Do I get this right about the special rule of a warhorse?
You move your horse to an enemy. FIRST the enemy makes his save from falling over and THEN you can make, when he fails the save, two attacks with advantage against him?

Nice 6-year-old Twitter meme, did your friends over at the Cheezburger network show you it?

>Being this new

ayy lamo

Starting a campaign tomorrow at level 1, our composition is:
Warlock, Druid, Paladin, Fighter, Rogue, Bard
What are the changes we get TPKed?

I'm playing a cleric of the Raven Queen at the moment. In this setting she's effectively a bit between Hades and Charon, so her church is in charge of doing the funeral rites for all the various races eg. Pyres for the elves, embalming for the dwarves, etc. So my dude is effectively a mortician, played like a dreary celebrant.

Really though, he's just a filler until my main character gets pulled back into the story.