Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/

>MWL 2.1 Edition - the cat is back
Article: fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/21/crime-never-ends/
Image: images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d1/8a/d18a385b-069b-4782-b35b-6c1829162222/adn_mwl_v21compressed.pdf

Changes:
>Banned:
Violet Level Clearence

>Resticted:
Rumor Mill (was Banned)
Tapwrm
Whampoa Reclamation
Mother Goddess
Brain Rewiring
Mumbad City Hall (was Banned)

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>How to play Android: Netrunner (TeamCovenant)
youtube.com/watch?v=vvRwynAp5tI&list=PLmHifZPFC_JvQZA4qgdAQEarHAJKjkbhA

>Where to play it online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

Try "Why I Run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>More Resources, blogs, podcasts
pastebin.com/rRDjAUxN

Old Bread

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In other news, there's text-only spoilers of Council of the Crest out:

>eXer
Anarch Program: Virus
Cost: 2 •••
When you access cards from R&D, access 1 additional card. Trash eXer if the Corp purges virus counters.
>"Amateurs feign it as 'random packet loss'. They do this for safety. They do this out of fear. But why should we cower? We will collapse the Corporatocracy, piece by piece! They are not the ones to fear. We are." - Freedom Khumalo

>Friday Chip
Anarch Hardware: Chip
Cost: 2 ••
Whenever you trash a Corp card, you may place 1 virus counter on Friday Chip. When your turn begins, you may move 1 hosted virus counter to a virus program.
>"It makes every bad thing that you do so much better." - g00ru

>Crypt
Anarch Hardware: Virtual (probably a mistake here)
Cost: 0 •
Whenever you make a successful run on Archives, you may place 1 virus counter on Crypt. [click], [trash], 3 hosted virus counters: Search your stack for a virus program and install it (paying its install cost), then shuffle your stack.
>The smell of rot strengthens with each step

>Corporate "Grant"
Criminal Event: Current
Cost: 1 •••
This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is scored. The first time you install a card each turn, the Corp loses 1[credit].
>You'd think someone would have noticed a program entitled "Career Opportunities in Hacking" earlier.

>No One Home
Criminal Resource: Virtual
The first time you would take any number of tags or suffer any amount of net damage each turn, you may trash No One Home to force the Corp to "Trace 0 If unsuccessful, the Runner avoids any number of tags or prevents any amount of net damage."
>"Go away! I'm not here!"

>Marathon
Shaper Event: Run
Cost: 1 •••••
Make a run on a remote server. When the run ends, gain [click] and add Marathon to your grip instead of trashing it if the run was successful. You may not make another run on that server for the remainder of this turn.

Unbanning Rumor Mill was a mistake. The justification is something stupid like "oh you can't have Employee Strike or Film Critic with it" and all I can think is that they're just adding more OP options the Corp has no real way to counter and that they have to prepare for every single one of, because any runner could potentially be running any one of them.

Now not only can the runner blank your ID, a core part of your strategy, with one card, they can completely destroy your unique assest, core parts of your strategy, with one card. My shitty advancement-based BoN deck that isn't even viable just got ten times shittier because the Anson I spend all game protecting and building up so my servers seem somewhat threatening can be utterly destroyed by one card.

Generally agree with the rest of it, though. Can't think of anything I'd want added to the list off the top of my head - Paperclip, maybe, because it is still just too fucking good. Can't count the number of times I've looked at a Barrier and gone "wow, that'd be a pretty decent ICE if it weren't 3 to break with Paperclip for a 6 rez cost".

>Gbahali
Shaper Resource: Virtual
Cost: 2 •
[trash]: Break the last subroutine on the encountered piece of ice.
>Ripples are all the prey sees before Gbahali swallows it whole.

>White Hat
Sunny-Lebeau Event
Cost: 0 •••••
Play only if you made a successful run on a central server this turn. Force the Corp to "Trace 3 If unsuccessful, reveal all cards in HQ. The Runner may choose up to 2 of the revealed cards. Shuffle those cards into R&D."

Crypt seems like it'll be a virtual resource, seeing as everyone else is getting one

> Kuwinda K4H1U3
Haas-Bioroid Asset: Bioroid
Cost: 3 ••••
Trash: 3
When your turn begins, you may traceX If successful, do 1 brain damage and trash Kuwinda K4H1U3. If unsuccessful, place 1 power counter on Kuwinda K4H1U3. X is the number of power counters on Kuwinda K4H1U3.

>NEXT Sapphire
Haas-Bioroid Ice: Code Gate - NEXT
Cost: 4 •••
Strength: 2
X is the number of rezzed NEXT ice.
↳ Draw up to X cards.
↳ Add up to X cards from Archives to HQ.
↳Shuffle up to X cards from HQ into R&D.
>Every level of protection for all of your security needs.

>Anansi
Jinteki Ice: Sentry - AP
Cost: 8 ••••
Str: ??? (this is really unfortunate for an expensive nasty sentry)
Whenever an encounter with Anansi ends, do 3 net damage unless the Runner broke all subroutines on it.
↳ Look at the top 5 cards of R&D and arrange them in any order.
↳ You may draw 1 card. The Runner may pay 2[credit] to draw 1 card.
↳ Do 1 net damage.

>Code Replicator
Jinteki Upgrade
Cost: 2 ••
Trash: 2
When the Runner passes a rezzed piece of ice protecting this server, you may trash Code Replicator to force the Runner to approach that piece of ice again.

Nothing happening to paperclip or Aumakua was surprising.
Anson's counters still exist when he's blank though, so RPC works still.
Rumour Mill's biggest targets were Jackson, Ash and Caprice - two of those are gone (though Bryan's there now, along with new hotness like MCA, admittedly.)

>Reverse Infection
Jinteki Operation
Choose one:
Purge virus counters. Trash 1 card from the top of the stack for every 3 virus counters removed.
Gain 2[credit].

As a card that's NOT a transaction, I can't help but wonder if there's an error on this. Also I was kind of wondering if Jinteki would get some antivirus stuff, with a) all these sweet new viruses and b) Mti Mwekundu being described in fluff as "a biopharmaceutical corporation that studies viral and bacterial diseases, developing vaccines and treatments."

>Pic Related

>Degree Mill
Nbn Agenda: Initiative
Cost: 5
As an additional cost to steal Degree Mill, the Runner must shuffle 2 installed Runner cards into the stack.
>Master any subject in 30 minutes or less! Azmari EdTech is not responsible for altered memories or reduced temporal lobe functionality. Level of mastery may vary.

>Personalized Portal
Nbn Asset
Cost: 3 ••
Trash: 3
When your turn begins, the Runner draws 1 card, then you may gain 1[credit] for every 2 cards in the grip.
>"Welcome to Azmari Mall! You have 4,196 unread messages."

>Armed Intimidation
Weyland-Consortium Agenda: Security
Cost: 4
When you score Armed Intimidation, the Runner must either suffer 5 meat damage or take 2 tags.
>"The way I see it, you've got two options: die here or die running. I'll enjoy both."

>Death and Taxes
Weyland-Consortium Operation: Current - Transaction
Cost: 2 •••
This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is stolen. Whenever the Runner installs a card or trashes an installed card, you may gain 1[credit].
>The only certainties.

>Trojan Horse
Weyland-Consortium Operation: Gray Ops
Cost: 1 •••
Play only if the Runner accessed at least 1 card during his or her last turn. Trace4 If successful, trash 1 installed program with an install cost equal to or less than the amount by which your trace strength exceeded the Runner's link strength.

> TechnoCo
Neutral-Corp Asset: Corporation
Cost: 2
Trash: 2
The install cost of each program, piece of hardware, and virtual resource is increased by 1. Whenever the Runner installs a program, piece of hardware, or virtual resource, you may gain 1[credit].

Rumor Mill is definitely going to be frequently be a point of contention in the future, though for what it's worth, only Anarchs would seriously consider it as Shaper have tons of Restricted options, and Crims would rather Film Critic or Tapwrm. Even then they'd have to be one of the Anarchs that don't use MOpus or Levy. The next quarter is definitely the best place to try unbanning a card, at the very least.

Speaking of which Tapwrm is an interesting choice for restricted, didn't expect it despite all signs pointing that it should. Should shut down Shaper bullshit with it and give Crims a slight edge.

Brain Rewiring and Mother Goddess are both obvious CI nerfs. Again, very interesting how little it takes for jank to turn into MWL fuel.

Mumbad City Hall is another interesting move into the restricted list. At the very least with the Council of the Crest spoilers, there could be a degenerate combo incoming with the new 4/2 and 24/7 News Cycle. Who knows what other worms in this can was released.

Whampoa's reasoning was solid, no argument here. I don't think I've seen it outside of decks that don't try to score like U R B A N R E N E W A L too.

VLC ban is sad, but somewhat expected. It's also the least restrictive compared to ULC outside of Stinson, so it's probably the right call. I suspect they just don't want another TD card in the MWL though.

TechnoCo and Kuwinda K4H1U3 are unique, the little diamond didn't paste for some reason.

Techno is almost must-trash, but it's cheap enough for that.
Also Docklands Crackdown would be crying if anyone remembered it existed at all

Crypt is weird at the moment. Don't think there are too many virus cards you'd want to actually tutor immediately, and if it is to up the value of archive runs, there are other more appealing cards.

Marathon looks like one of those anti-asset spam custom cards. Definitely good even outside of them too, assuming atleast two servers.

Gbahali is an Apex card. Neat how they find ways to indirectly give the mini-factions more cards.

White Hat looks pretty disruptive, the trace isn't all that difficult too. Could be interesting as a way to slow down the corp.

Kuwinda was also unique I think. HB's own Urban Renewal, sets a clock for the runner to trash it or suffer. Next Sapphire is basically commercialized Tapestry, though a lot weaker. Minimum 3 credits is still pretty good though.

Hopefully Anansi is atleast 5 strength, those subs and effect are brutal, would be a shame if they weren't somewhat taxing. I'm liking these mini-run multipliers they're making like Code Replicator. Hopefully they'll catch on.

Reverse Infection will be painful for virus decks, but almost useless otherwise. Good thing they have the 2 credit gain too.

Degree Mill is definitely a painful steal, though it could backfire depending on what the runner has installed.

Looking forward to Armed Intimidation decks, both choices are horrible. The mind games will be all the better too. Death and Taxes look like a replacement for Paywall Implementation, very interesting since they correspond to the dominant playstyle for their eras. Fires when the Runner trashes their own cards too.

Trojan Horse could basically end up being Economic Warfare 4 - 6, looks good as a start for value traces. TechnoCo looks painful, it'll either fire a bunch or forces an immediate run into a death remote, very good.

Interesting pack overall, there aren't any obviously OP cards I think, strong, but not OP. Loving the card balance in the cycle so far.

>two clicks
Why is it so bad

Because it affects ALL cards I guess.
Also if you got it up high enough it'd be really strong, and that was a design mentality that was still a thing during the Luna cycle - pic related

Playing Death and Taxes vs Geist should be great.
And Armed Intimidation looks fun. Especially when High-Profile Target comes out (I mean, along with Boom and everything, as well)

Gee, poor reg crims just can't get a break here, and now even that meme turtle GPI deck is going to get rekt from Reverse Infection.

Would be awesome if corp 'grant' and D&T come as a pair ala Mushin No Shin/Push Your Luck or Career Fair/Recruit Trip.

TechnoCo not affecting non-virtual resources is probably its only downside, but the whenever on it trumps Docklands by a mile. I'm glad they're moving away from click intensive constant effects though.

Looking forward to DaT too, just can't figure out what to cut to add it in, as always. Looks like very good econ assuming it stays up for a decent bit.

At least this time, both sides of the pair are actually quite usable.

That picture reminds me of a guy I met once in OSUT. He'd cornered the "black market" on some bullshit, was a big time hustler, and knew how to make real 'scratch' or some other douche bag term for money. He'd get his or he'd have his boys go fuck ya girl. Kid was a private who was being recycled. He talked like he was a whale in the ocean when he was really a tadpole in a puddle. Super obnoxious, got his ass kicked a time or two, but he had that same look.

Wonder how likely Reverse Infection will get slotted. It'll definitely be fun watching a corp player let the runner pump up insane Aumakua counters only for them to play this and trash half their deck.

Bit of a shame both of this pair would be rotated out in less then a year.

Hmm, are there any other paired up cards?
Pic and tyr's hand I guess kind of count, but they're both HB

Only those 2 pairs so far I’m aware of.

Whampoa is an interesting choice. For a card that was deemed "too expensive unplayable shit for a JH replacement" on release I mean.
Snark aside, I can't but wonder about how laser focused some of these choices are. Mother Goddess for one.

>Unbanning Rumor Mill was a mistake

We'll see. Browsing the list of cards impacted by Rumor Mill in post rotation (48 cards still, I think), I keep wondering whether the slight ICE power boost and the lower runner econ makes it so (unique) defensive upgrades aren't deemed that needed anymore.
Trouble with RM was always the atom bomb nature of it though, with any and all creative fun decks based on that list of cards impacted as much as hyper-efficient competitive ones.

>Docklands Crackdown would be crying if anyone remembered it existed at all

I do. May never have ascended to greatness, but I loved my old anti-econ deck using it.
Did I mention how much I love Weyland this cycle?

how do I play this cheap

Core set only.
Hard mode: jinteki.net only

Using Crypt to tutor out your suckers ans accelerating your virus counter production seems like the way to go. With the new virus breakers it can make any run on Archives an unlimited Temujin. This either forces the corps to start purging or flattening ICE which has always been the anarch idea. A someone who's been tinkering with the virus breakers, the additional speed is welcome.

Also:
>all these "must trash" assets
They're perfect for Weyland superserver decks. "C'mon in...there's no way all these upgrades can hurt you. Or, I can keep tracing and you keep taking brain damage."

Would you do the three runs into archives immediately or just wait until it fills itself? I mean, tutoring is great and all, but the 4 click cost is pretty disheartening. Though I guess you could use stuff like Incubator to get the counters faster.

>with any and all creative fun decks based on that list of cards impacted as much as hyper-efficient competitive ones
Yeah, that's always a shame.
Still, I think there's a fair amount of competition for Restricted slots - do you really want to be Rumour Milling when you could be avoiding all these agendas with bullshit steal costs, for example?

Code Replicator with Komainu, DNA Tracker, Mlinzi and (probably) Anansi as well should be fun

>strip netrunner

Seriously people.
People. Seriously.

Well it is an excellent couple's game...

>clothes as agendas
>remove clothes when your opponent scores/steals one
This could work

All those grey/black ops, and Perrault rotated. Pffff...

The more I look at White Hat, the more I like it. Nice evolution of Executive Wiretaps. 5 influence means it's going to stay pretty segregated too, though.

Sometimes, neural connections are established in mysterious ways. Which makes people beautiful/scary.

I like Armed Intimidation as the Posted Bounty replacement. I love cards that make the runner afraid not to check an IAA card.
Delicate balance though.
This being a 4/2 with that new upcoming Scorched Earth replacement makes floating even a single tag against W more and more scary despite the new tagging paradigm.

Next Weyland deck *has* to be named There Will be Blood.

Single tag is still pretty safe for the most part, it's just charming that a single wrong move against Weyland will absolutely swamp the person with tags though. Helps that Weyland is getting lots of bluffing tools, as well as run incentive for super servers. Armed Intimidation looks to be in a potential position for abuse though, which could be bad.

GRNDL drinks your milkshake

Theoretically, you're using those clicks for other things as well. Dirty Laundry, Deuces, Retrieval, Political Graphiti (if you really want to push the purge), Credit Kiting, Mining Accident, uh...Immolation Script? all have some utility on Archives.

On top of that, feeding it with Friday Chip or Contaminate will allow you to stack your utility viruses after you find your breakers.

When would you install several eXer at once?

Test.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee I can post images again!

Pic related.

And I'm still an idiot too!

Yeah, Crypt seems to be something you want quite early to charge up while you do... something archives-related.
Retrieval Running, turtling, Patron-ing, that sort of thing.
If you've got more than a couple of opportunist viruses (Twatworm, etc.), if you're going Freedom or want to make good use of a window where the corp really doesn't want to purge then you could probably make good use. Also with pic related, even if you don't get to use the virus counters it'll make the purge more painful

Nice!

Also I love the cuterunner IDs

Ready for a hyper-turn or something - when you know you can get into R&D and make good use of it, so Madly Dashing and such

That cute Apex will kill you with diabetes before it assimilates you for sure.
And yeah, they're nice.
I have soft spot for the "shitty edits" myself (the so called "Classy Core Pack" always makes me smile).
Been a while since the last batch of reverse color edits.

Best M8 incoming.

>reverse color edits.
Those were pretty rad

>Anson's counters still exist when he's blank though, so RPC works still.
Yeah but I don't fucking use Anson for RPC, I use him to get advancement counters on my ICE to make them stronger.

You use him properly, doing his actual job?

That's not right user, you should know better - the Weyland Consortium has a proud history of not using its defensive tech and skimping on ice for progress and a quick credit!

I do love the mini-story the mechanics of Yale, Titan and FU have with the Flashpoint and Anson

With mass install, you even have 3 more clicks to run into RnD to see loads of cards. More if you got imps (or other ways) to trash blocking cards to see new ones.

Huh, didn't think of that, but it seems pretty great - if a bit combo-y

If rumor mill deserves a ban then employee strike and film critic deserve it too.

Atm film critic is by far better than either of the other 2 meta dependant hate cards. If they print new cards with power levels as disgusting as jackson and caprice then Id consider it over film critic.

With the loads of draw available (both neutral and in-faction), it seem fairly easy for Anarchs, and not just that Freedom fella, to get the combo together for that run.

Need some trash tools though. Not as with Medium were running several times will land you even more accesses. Even if you got you super-turn, you's still access the same three cards over and over. So more than several eXer in that context, the capacity to remove the top cards would be determinant.

Plague on archives as khumalo

>If rumor mill deserves a ban then employee strike and film critic deserve it too.
Well, that goes without saying.

Khumalo himself fires once per turn. Not going to carry you far on his own for that power turn.

>I do love the mini-story the mechanics of Yale, Titan and FU have with the Flashpoint and Anson

It's lovely when you have emergent narrative from a mechanical /theme combo during a game.

Combine that agenda with 24/7, and even APEX is going have a hard time to not get turned into flaming bits.

Demolition Run!

I wonder about that. Film Critic shuts down a specific strategy that has to do with stealing agendas. Meanwhile Employee Strike and Rumor Mill just shut down any card they can hit without caring for strategy. Which is why the latter two can be unfun, they aren't meta specific counters like FC, leading to collateral damage. So that takes out Film Critic.

Then, while Employee Strike can certainly be as wide reaching as Rumor Mill, there are plenty of decks that can function without relying on their ID, though probably less than the number of decks that can function while FC is down. Rumor Mill however hits cards in decks that usually rely on those cards to get going, simple examples being Anson, Stinson, Ash. etc. So you could say Employee Strike is less effective than Rumor Mill.

As for Rumor Mill itself, if there are more cards that can support a deck without being unique (prime example being I think every single one of Weyland's new tools), then the cat itself will be less deserving of a ban. In any case, definitely an interesting development to keep an eye on.

High Profile Target will secure that combo. Double 24/7 into HPT is a sure kill combo outside of prevention.

Removing 12(+?) cards from RnD in such a turn is sure to make things real bad for any corp. Gotta need a huge hand size first though for the combo.

Even existing prevention would have a hard time keeping up, particularly if Big W can follow in the next turn.

I keep looking at Marathon... that thing as such a wide potential. Could prove a huge fuck you to asset spam. And then could be nothing. I just don't know where to put it.

I was more thinking By Any Means, but good ol' DemoRun is mighty fine too.

>58126879
>Even existing prevention would have a hard time keeping up

On The Lam?

BAM needs to be first click though, which limits the number of runs, and does loads of meat damage, which necessitates prior prevention setup before the turn, making it have more moving parts to the combo.

So yeah, demo runs are probably better in this situation.

OTL would probably have been popped earlier on from the initial scoring of AI?

OtL could potentially shut Armed Intervention down entirely, though it would depend on whether the two effects are preventable. Have to say needing clarification whether or not effects are preventable on every punisher card is getting tiresome, hopefully they'll fix this sooner than later.

Marathon is pretty laser focused asset spam tech, though it also depends if the runner has the econ for it, especially with the extra 1 credit cost per run. It'll be good, but probably not meta changing. Might be good with that priority run event that gives 2 per run maybe?

Play Marathon, get 2+ Aeneas Informants, face an asset spam deck.

More economy than you will ever need.

Marathon has slight functionality vs non-asset spam too, especially against Batty or Nisei Mk II decks.

I might be retarded but is there somewhere I can find the Revised Core Set Rulebook?

I have the Core Set Rulebook, the Rules Reference, and the FAQ pdfs, but I can't seem to find a Revised Core Set Rulebook describing tutorial decks and stuff.

It's listed as Learn to Play in the FFG product page, which is probably why.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/

oh snap

thanks

Well the set up you need is draw card/damage prevention (I've had worse being perfect). The set up you need for Demo Run is on Demo Run per run but the last.
First one is more messy, last one is less likely.

>I just don't know where to put it.
Put it Three Steps Ahead - probably good that it's 5 inf really

If anything, Three Steps Ahead magnifies the power amplitude (which is the map on which I don't know where to pin Marathon): the card becomes insanely good against some builds, and barely worth playing against others. I like the design though. Interesting one.

A big hand size and draw would increase the consistency. Kabonesa Origami decks?

Yeah, TSA is a massive multiplier for Marathon - both its upsides and downsides - if you expect a situation where Marathon will get a lot of use you'd pack TSA.
Also, I've just noticed, when you've finished with Marathon it does stay back in your hand - you don't lose it until you make a run that is not successful (also, I'm pretty sure the distinction between "not successful" and "unsuccessful" means that disappearing servers DO mess up marathon)

Maybe, Origami-day is proving a pretty good move atm

You also get back the click even if the run was unsuccessful I think.

I can't stress how much I love that. Seeing cards that have been in the pool for so long, one of them mostly ignored, having their time in the sun.
I think it goes to show that things do go too fast and it takes time for new builds/shell to find their footing.

>Also, I've just noticed, when you've finished with Marathon it does stay back in your hand

Well, it *is* the point of the card, isn't it? Always comes back.
Interesting distinction ("unsuccessful"), but I"ll wait for the published cards before conjecturing.

Probably going to have to be a UFAQ on both parts - personally, I'd say the "and" in the middle means the click and the card returning are both tied to it being successful - and specifically successful, so both "unsuccessful" and "neither successful nor unsuccessful" would deny both, but that's just my reading.

>disappearing servers DO mess up marathon
Only if they disappear before you access cards.

It’s kinda doubtful she would want multiple eXer to begin with, since that type of deck spams DDMs instead.

Not really, the Origami shell can work with a lot of things. Metropole used one focusing on that "+1 strength for every installed program" breaker for example. Turning it into a Hyperdriver + eXer + DemoRun deck probably wouldn't be too much of a hassle. Probably add Aumakua + Lister too.

Origami x3 is already 6 inf. 3 eXer is 9 and that’s all her influence spent.

Without ekomind, there isn’t much mem for other stuff either, so that probably won’t work too well.

NetChip. But yeah, influence wise eXer isn't possible then, best you could do is 2 of each including DemoRun. Unless there's some other RnD fuckery to stack on eXer.

>and that they have to prepare for every single one of, because any runner could potentially be running any one of them.

I'm not seeing the problem here. Provided the Corp has options to do the same to runners, no deck is the end-all-be-all "build this and run it" T1 tournament winner anymore. It means decks will be varied and both players will have to think of how they deal with various options.

IMO that's *great* for the health of the game.

Depends on your outlook on the RPS meta I guess. I don't mind it myself since there are some really neat things that can happen from it, if my experience with another game like it is anything to go by. But there will definitely be some that dislike having a 80% loss rate to a matchup that their deck can't handle, even if excellent piloting can help them through it.

> But there will definitely be some that dislike having a 80% loss rate to a matchup that their deck can't handle, even if excellent piloting can help them through it.

That's a [game] designer problem, IMO. The goal (that I'm hoping is Boggs) is to have all corps and runner decks be different without the degenerate stuff being so overpowering that it's a *must-include*.

The fact that Rumor Mill, Employee Strike, AND Film Critic are all restricted means you have a choice of "do I pick this over these to try to make it harder for the Corp to score/to prevent bad things from happening to me?"

I mean if we go back in time to the age where Film Critic and both of those could be thrown into a deck, they were pretty oppressive (IMO, but I know that's probably a huge exaggeration) against the Corp because if you had all three in hand, you could 1) stop Jackson if they weren't insta-popping it 2) stop the Corp's ID ability (if it was doing things against you) and 3) steal Agendas without something like Punitive or Boom or Hunter Seeker firing off due to Stealing conditions being triggered.

IMO, the B/R list has been a pretty good initiative so far. But I kinda wish they'd take it further and have certain card-combos not be so degenerative. I saw a solitaire Kabonesa Wu deck last night that had Hyper-drivers on Leprechauns with... (forgetting the breaker it's a Shaper AI) installed and then like 3 Origami's to have a handsize increase of 9 (if we both understood Origami right in that it doubled up on 2-3 installs instead of being an additional +1 for 3 hand-size increase) to where they popped it, ran my centrals to Apocolypse, Encore Encore Encore, and then Equivocation (with the last clicks of the Hyperdriver turn) reveal->draw non-agendas to me/Corp, run again, steal Agendas instantly.

The game is nearly in a "good for everyone" (IMO) state but the power-level and combos are still in "ugh/degenerate" status so far. But it really depends on how the meta--

--shakes out for Boggs/crew to ban/restrict those sorts of cards/combos.

I forget if Hyperdriver is rotating soon as this Cycle ends and the next one begins, but I do think something in there (Leprechaun is IIRC so they'll need some other card to install to instead: Dheg is only for one...) should probably be B/R aka: balanced like other sorts of degenerate shit.

But I'm the type of player that kinda hates those sorts of shenanigans and wants both sides to have an "even" chance of playing against the others bad things happening.

I believe the next rotation is when the first pack of the 2nd cycle after Kitara gets released, or earlier if FFG decrees it to be so.

Right. At this point, I'm kinda hoping they get the next 3 cycles out quickly (I know that's not going to happen) so Intervention and Mumbad leave. I haven't looked too Deeply into this current cycles cards yet, but I don't think there's as bad as things like Sensie Actor's Union and the like that were in Mumbad/Intervention.

An RPS meta isn't just about beating down the degenerate decks though, if a certain deck can't beat a certain matchup the player basically has to give up that round. And that's what players may not like about that meta, regardless of "unique" or "good variety" of decks. And there's no real way around it either; try to patch up a particular deck against certain match ups, then suddenly that deck can become degenerate purely due to the loss of their weakness, and that deck starts to dominate, reducing variety. While I do think letting decks have some ability to fight through bad match ups is a good thing, giving them too much of an advantage can turn into a bad thing.

>But I kinda wish they'd take it further and have certain card-combos not be so degenerative
Give them time, with the amount of cards they produce some are bound to produce something bad. That Kabonesa deck will probably start getting targeted once it wins something big and becomes prevalent. Hyperdriver getting the ban/restriction would definitely be a good idea, it's in the center of way too much degenerate stuff.

It’s more like 5 (?) more cycles before Mumbad/Flashpoint leaves the stage, unless the rotation schedule is reduced to fewer then currently indicated.

As much as I would love to see the game last that long, even that seems an awful long way off...

I think I've seen that

I get the feeling we might see some sort of anti click-gain shenanigans, though I don't know what - but Marathon and the plethora of shaper cards that give clicks suggest we might be hitting a critical mass.

In terms of changes to counter these particular types of shenanigans, even making Hyper unique would still let you Apoc-Encore. I could possibly see Hyper getting restricted though, as it's been the core of a couple of degenerate decks.
Making Apoc Restricted would be a massive kick to Apex, and Encore is really cool (and only just seeing play), so I kind of don't want to see it leave, which it almost certainly would if it saw any restriction.

Ironically, APEX can easily do without apoc nowadays, since flipping up everything takes too long for comfort.

Can still spend things though - this cycle is showing us that Apex will be needing that heartbeat

But yeah, with pic related being released, Apex has a much more balanced game overall.
Now we'll just have to see what that big 5 inf virus is for Apex (and what Adam's other card is)

Brain Rewire, pic, Armed intimidation... looks like runners will need to be prepared for damage alright

Wait...does scoring this in PE kill the runner?

Nevermind I'm dumb.

I feel like 4/2s still need to be way stronger than this to be playable. Maybe give it an HoK-like effect: 2 agenda counters, spend an agenda counter and a click to get the "on-score" ability here (but only during your turn).

Nah, I think it's reasonable, in a grindy deck or whatever - it really messes up the next turn, though it does look unlikely to kill (unless we get a trash-for-clickless damage card)

Armed Intimidation certainly looks like it will be on the right sort of level

I'm digging that actually. Especially since the designers seems to have tried and be careful not to make an all out thing, and more one where the corp has to struggle at synergies to work out a kill, but still has enough clout to make damage a real tax.

Does this work with 24/7 News Cycle? If so, maybe there's a dumb combo somewhere involving this and Door to Door.