Favourite 40k quotes

Come on Veeky Forums, what are your favourites quotes litanies or sayings from 40k?

Mine would be:
>What is the terror of death?
>That we die our work incomplete.
>What is the joy of life?
>To die knowing our task if done.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a8_MjeU8MLM&index=7&list=PLSWAxTw0FAGxkkqmuroxMwN5LviaBosJ5
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfPGgzcOVY
youtube.com/watch?v=_Pt8SGpEcj4
youtube.com/watch?v=IlfaYyS3gak
youtu.be/t-qWl5PB8-I
youtube.com/watch?v=NNc242mbiUs
youtube.com/watch?v=AbmDLVFAaec
youtube.com/watch?v=4DtJFUPOApM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything Grimaldus says

youtube.com/watch?v=a8_MjeU8MLM&index=7&list=PLSWAxTw0FAGxkkqmuroxMwN5LviaBosJ5

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

>"I want vengeance against a galaxy that hates us. I want Imperial worlds to cower when we draw near. I want the weeping of this Empire's souls to reach all the way to Holy Terra, and the sound of suffering will choke the corpse-god on his throne of gold. I will cast a shadow across this world. I will burn every man, woman and child so the smoke from the funeral pyres eclipses the sun. With the dust that remains, I will take the Echo of Damnation into the sacred skies above Terra, and rain the ashes of twenty million mortals down onto the Emperor's palace. Then they will remember us. Then they will remember the Legion they once feared."

Talos Valocran

Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred from the cold furrow of mortal life. I embrace death without regret as I have embraced life without fear.

Holy shit I didn't even remember Talos having a family name.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfPGgzcOVY
Lord Crull, pinnacle of eloquence and wit of the traitor's stock.

>I've wanted for that miserable Ork's skull and I SHALL HAVE IT AS MY COCK!

youtube.com/watch?v=_Pt8SGpEcj4

>”The Emperor Protects.”

youtube.com/watch?v=IlfaYyS3gak
His final sppesh is best imo.

"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear."

"He's not a god!"

-Roboutte Guilliman

>"All I ever wanted was the truth."

Lorgar Aurelian

The oath of the deathwing from the game
youtu.be/t-qWl5PB8-I

"Then the prophet spake: saying "Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

- "The Book of Cain" Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"Ah yeeeah! Hyahkum dod bwah! Hwoddob dah? Hahya doon? Izyu gu?"
- Indecipherable xeno gibberish, probably meaningless

"It ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard ya can GET
hit ... how much ya can take and keep moving forward. That's
how purging in the name of the God-Emperor is done!"
- Col. Straken

"They drew first blood - not me."
- Sly Marbo

"Traps are gay."
- Commissar Yarrick

Most of tenth company's quotes. They might be snarky edgy bastards but I can't help but like them.

>In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide.
>In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way.

>In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide.
>In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way.

>"Pilfering? Everyone does it."
- Ferik Jurgen

I appreciate it more and more as I get older.

retribution had some good speeches.

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor's service.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNc242mbiUs

"Faithful... enlightened... ambitious... brethren.

In but a single decade, a few mere swipes of the pendulum, we have gathered a sacrifice to Khorne that will be made legend.

Though it was a simpler, weaker voice that illuminated me during my centuries upon the Judgement of Carrion...

...it was Khorne's messenger who showed me the true path of freedom from our pathetic corpse-Emperor.

And what is this path? This meaning, this purpose to which we gather the skulls of our foes?

It is nothing. There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder. We kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE IS MINDLESS!

In mere hours, billions will die. Innocent! Guilty! Strong and weak! Honest and deceitful! ALL of them!

They will scream, they will burn, and for no purpose but that mighty Khorne may revel in their bloodshed!

And united in this void of purpose, fear, or duty... we shall at long last be free!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! LET THE GALAXY BURN!"

youtube.com/watch?v=AbmDLVFAaec

If a task is worth doing, it is worth dying for.

This galaxy belongs to the Emperor and anyone who challenges this claim is an enemy that must be destoryed

Some may question my right to destroy a world of ten billion souls. But for those who truly understand, realize I have no right to let them live.
No sacrifice is too great. No treachery too small.

IF YA CHOP AT THE NECK, THE HEAD COMES ROIGHT OFF!

(Silence)

Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to sell models! But somebody wouldn't let us! And I come back to the Monastery-Fortress and I see all those Primaris at the landing pad, mocking me, spitting. Calling me baby marine and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me, huh? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about! For me civilian life is nothing! In the field we had a Codex, you watch my squat, I watch yours. Back here there's nothing but Primaris!
Back there I could fly a Thunderhawk, I could drive a Land Raider, I was in charge of million credits equipment, back here I can't even hold a job parking Landspeeders!

I HAVE COME TO DESTROY YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=4DtJFUPOApM

"We have arrived and now perform our charge..."