He's dropped into 40k universe

He's dropped into 40k universe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0RKpmjjpLQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He becomes the Chaos God of Stupid.

Dr. Manhattan absolute control of matter speaks not of the resilience of his mind. While we could assume that even the most advanced weapons of the Imperium or Aeldari would simply destroy his body and then he can reform, there's nothing on watchmen to presume Dr. Manhattan's conscience/mind could survive a psychic blast. Also, while he is insanely powerfully 1 v 1, Dr. Manhattan is very 'slow' in destroying things, both comics and movie always show him moving from a single target that can be small as a person or big as a tank, the the next, with the exception of when he blows up 2 gangsters at once. But the fact is, Dr. Manhattan was once engaged in fighting crime and there was still crime in the city. He was not omniscient, or utterly effective, in eradicating it. And, he can still be manipulated by people and emotions.

Also, he probably would have similar properties to a c'tan in the 40k universe so...My bet is that he gets psy killed or captured by the necrons. But his sole appearance on the galaxy causes no noticeable change unless his first act is wanting to destroy the astronomicon, which he MIGHT be able to pull before someone figure they best use a psyker on this fucker.

>Another 40k crossover thread
God's sake, how do I even filter those

I partially agree with , in that Necrons with their crazy chrono tech would git him.

Thing is, in 40k the only reason for all powerful non-Imperial entities to exist is for them to be either collected by Trazyn or corrupted by Chaos, to show how crafty Trazyn is or to continue the chaoswank.

Nothing wrong with that, just sayin'.

Basically a lesser (non star eating) C'tan without the necron made vessel

40k has rapid fire grenade launchers and big ships so he loses

One thing to consider is that his mind may not be compatible with a psyker's, or at least a human psyker's. Psykers seem to vary in the level of complexity they can handle.

filter "40k universe"

He fucks off to the void because endless grimdark is too boring for him.

Given how the Watchmen world made him depressed enough to fuck off, the 40k world will make him probably kill himself.

But Slaanesh already exists in the 40k universe

>finds sex boring
>finds all emotions boring
>already knows what's going to happen so there's no enjoyment of mystery

But blue benis xD amirite

He's a human that has absolute control over tech and seeks an interest in furthering mankind without a sense of morality. Why wouldn't he just join humanity to rid the universe of all the xenos?

Chaos and tyranids are basically what he seeks to oppose in the Watchmen.

But he has no interest in helping mankind whatsoever, the only reason he stuck around in the first place was for Laurie.
To answer your question OP, for all intents and purposes in the context of Watchmen, Dr. Manhattan is invincible. I think the intent of the character was to be a completely invincible super power, with the irony stemming from the fact that he just didn't care enough to help anyone because he already knew what would happen either way, and most people resented him or found him weird. With that in mind, I think what would actually happen is (assuming he came into contact with the imperium) they would attempt to recruit him for knowledge/tech, and he would probably turn them down. If he did work with them he would just leave once the indifference set in.

He fucked off because he couldn't save mankind and lost interest. He could save mankind from xenos and probably would be interested in that.

He also fucked off to try and create his own universe, away from people and their bullshit.

Somehow I think the challenge of a completely new universe from scratch would be more interesting to him than zapping a few xenos.

The 40k universe gets fucked. This is a guy that has re-written the DC universe's timeline and he wasn't even from that universe to begin with.

I guess one of the Chaos Gods is American.

>literally the most powerful being
>entire story of the Watchmen is based on the fact that tricking him makes or breaks the fate of the world.
>Eh probably would get destroyed super easy by da warp or psy powers
>also 40k is so edgy that he would die lol

The only setting you idiots dont like to compare 40k to is the culture, and because these retarded standards of power still can't compete.

These threads are a perfect microcosm of why the setting of 40k is a shitpile.

>watches the future
>Chaos can't be defeated the universe is doomed lol
>goes to cry on some rock
He probably is in the 40k universe already.

>entire story of the Watchmen is based on the fact that tricking him makes or breaks the fate of the world.
He was only tricked briefly in the middle of it and even then he knew he was being tricked and would see through it later, since he is a weird 4-dimensional autist.

At the end of the story he rationally agrees to not expose the fake alien plot and ruin the ensuing fear-fueled peace, but also knows it won't last and decides he doesn't care enough to stick around and watch it crumble.

The perfect crystallization of 40k wank. So simple, so subtle. I love it.

He looks around, sighs, shakes his head, and removes himself to a different galaxy.

Please elaborate

And fucks off because he doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone.

In the comic they try to make him seem smart. But he is very much a stupid persons idea of what a smart person would do given those super powers. This is evident in the way that he handles any situation. He should be able to solve virtually any problem instentanously yet spend insane amounts of time crying like a bitch and doing things in a half assed manner.

>I know everything thus everything is pointless.
Not
>I know everything and it is awsome.
Fucking highschool level philosophy on superheroes needs to die.

The body is invincible. His mind is broken as fuck even in the watchmen universe. 40k chaos gods would eat it for breakfast.

He doesn't know everything, retardo.

He knows everything that he will experience in his lifetime because his intelligence exists at all points of his lifetime simultaneously.

Not that user, but DC is starting up a new Watchmen series that takes place within the mainstream DC universe.

I think it was the Doomsday Clock comic series

Look up "DC Rebirth".

His mind isn't broken, his human perception is. He's basically ascended beyond his human mind. Chaos Gods couldn't touch him.

he would SOOO become corrupted by Tzeentch and then be told to flick his wrists in the emperors general direction

perhaps Tzeentch would make him do other stuff first though

this is stating from how hes practically immortal and can do whatever the fuck he wants
however he definetly doesnt have the same mental immortality

Doesn't that literally imply he lacks free will? He has the ability to make decisions.

He really does have no free will. He knows what's going to happen but he has no capability to change it due to how his mind works.
The only exception is when Adrian managed to cloud his perception of time, which he actually found refreshing.

Emps gets himself a bigass talking cat that he treats like a Primarch right up to the end

> may not be compatible with a psyker's, or at least a human psyker's.

Plenty of strange aliens, wrap beasts, inanimate objects, and woobly spiritual / wrap presences that human psykers can affect. being "mentally immune" is a distantly remote possibility, especially since his base conscienceness still started as human regardless of what it has evolved into.

But if for example I know I am going to eat the apple because I see my future self doing that. could I not go for the orange instead? Or what If I chose to simply destroy the apple? Or even all apples in the universe. Would that not change my future?

Assuming he doesn't show up in the Warp, he would likely join the World-Killer Legion. Use them to kill all sentient life, starve the Warp to death. Seal all Warp Portals. Induce evolution, rebuild the universe as blanks.

If he does show up in the Warp, Big Pappa T calls all the Chaos Gods to mind crush him and use his meat suit to rebuild the universe like it was the warp.

Depends if the Non-linear view of time can hold against Chaos future-vision.

Because to him, he IS his future self. And his past self. You can’t change what you did in the past. He can’t change what he does in your future.

Time doesn't actually work that way in 40k, though, so presumably he'd exist as a smear of probability across the weave of future timelines? We actually get a pretty good description of how time works in 40k from the perspective of an Eldar Farseer in the last Beast novel, IIRC.

Didn’t Slaanesh exist since forever but was born at a specific point along the way. Time seems fucked in 40k. Whicj actually means he’d be free to act as he willed instead of as he must. It might actually make him MORE powerful.

100% agree, while he has the powers of a god, mentally he is simply that of an exceptional human, nothing more. he's intelligent, likely very wise, but nothing about him gives him resistance to anything that would attack his mind directly.

I see Culture threads all the time, what are you talking about?

He ignores everyone because he's past it all and then vaporizes everything once some retard (see:, , and ) gets it in their head that fucking with his mind is a good idea. Unless you intend to shut his brain off completely and do it instantaneously any sort of alteration to his mind carries the risk of him destroying everything right down to the conceptual level to make whatever is fucking with him stop. This is a man unaccustomed to being hurt in any kind of way, do you really think that he's not going to respond to this unpleasant stimulus with overwhelming force?

He can literally alter universes as of Rebirth. I'd say he pretty much wins.

You say this but as of me typing this he has some crazy feats in DC rebirth and he hasn't even made an appearance yet. In addition to the stuff you've seen him do in the Watchmen comics he has

>Transported the Comedian through Universes and Time.
>Moved Jor-El from exploding Krypton to Earth.
>While on the subject of Jor-El, Jor-El managed to capture Mr. Myxlptlk (a 5th dimension reality warping imp). Jor-El however was unable too or too afraid too go against Dr. Manhattan.
>Once freed Mr. Myxlptlk fled because he knows who Dr. Manhattan is.
>Dr. Manhattan stole 10 years (maybe 5, I can't remember which) from the entire multiverse; the only person unaffected was Wally West because he was in the Speedforce.
>Instantly obliterated the magic user Pandora, who was able to defeat the Phantom Stranger and stated that the Spectre who is the right hand of vengeance for God (yes with a capital G) didn't scare her.
>Was unseen by Owlman who was sitting atop the Mobius Chair which gave him omniscience, also obliterated Owlman.
>Found the Reverse Flash travelling through time and killed him.
>Erased the remnant of the Flashpoint universe.
>Stopped the resurrection of the Blue Lanterns and then destroyed the White Lantern ring.

It is currently a popular theory that he created the entire DC universe and is God but no confirmation on that.

I know i'm arguing with a brickwall of 40k retards but the 40k universe doesn't stand a chance (if he's bloodlusted, if he isn't then he'll probably just focus on something small to try and make himself feel human or go around terraforming planets until some idiot tries to mess with him or his planets)

Music for this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0RKpmjjpLQ

And was immediately killed by just about anything in the 40k universe

>That pic
Tbf, that's how most of us reacted to his big blue dick

>bloodlusted

and there's the autistic deathbattle jargon bullshit. The question had more to do with what would happen

And I did give an answer, I said he would probably focus on terraforming worlds or focus on something small to feel human unless attacked.

What's wrong? Mad because a fictional character is stronger than your favorite setting?

>TH.. THAT ISN'T THE POINT O.. OF THE THRE.. THREAD!!!!!