Avoiding the magical realm

My pcs are going to a land where gnolls and catfolk originate from. I want to give the races their proper credit and describe them well without making my group think I'm a raging furry. Any tips?

Go back to /trash/.

/thread
first post best post

あなたは嫌な缶詰開けてしまった?

human intuition is a pretty reliable thing.

>if you're a raging furry, the players will know, irrespective of how well you try to hide it.

>There's Gnolls and Tabaxi here

How hard can it possibly be?

>I want some legitimate advice Veeky Forums
>go to /trash/

and then your faggot cheerleader.

That WAS legitimate advice, in OP's case.

Do as much as possible to make races with animal features be about more than the animal.

Broo, chaos beastmen and satyrs have basically fuck-all in common with goats, except being generally horrible. Centaurs are not just horses with arms. Minotaurs don't act like cattle. Don't have hyena-people and cat-people be hyena-like or cat-like. Don't give them hyena laughs or meowing voices. Don't mention hairballs. Don't even use symbolic stuff, like cats being haughty, owls being wise, etc. Especially avoid anything about sex, so don't mention gnoll matriarchy or whatever (not sure if D&D gnolls are like that, since I don't play D&D).

Sounds suspiciously furry to me. The way you avoid the furry stamp is to make antropomorphic races more animal than human. Anything else is furry, and it's shit.

This. Wolfmen should be more Wolf than men.
However there’s literally nothing wrong with having bangable beast races with big furry tits and implies knotted cocks
Just don’t be a fag about it.

Dwarves, hobbits, Gnomes, Orcs and elves are all fuckable user
Nothing wrong with making fantasy races appealing.
Nothing wrong with Beastfolk pussy
Long as they’re actual beast folk and not just people with animal bits stapled on

The more inhuman the better. Wouldn’t the Gnolls have a matriarchal society?

They fuckable because they are like humans, except slightly different.

Would you fuck a dog?

Would you fuck a deformed midget?
Dog folk aren’t dogs, the “folk” part is key. If it’s sapient then it’s okay to fuck it. Plus just about everything you’re supposed to like in fantasy is designed to be aesthetically pleasing, after all you aren’t one of those fags that think dwarves women should have beards are you?
I prefer dogfolk to just look like bipedal dogs with no bells or whistles but there’s nothing wrong with a bit of anthropomorphism

Literally all you have to do is not push them in a sexual light until the players get uncomfortable.

It's literally no different than describing any humanoid. If you keep talking about the prodigious size & shapeliness of their breasts or the exaggerated lines of their rippling muscles, it's likely to start getting creepy, regardless of race.

Just give them the facts, don't act like it's getting you aroused at the table, and nobody worth playing with should have any problems with it.

The two races don't want to yiff, they want to kill and raid each other and hate outsiders as much as any bunch of human barbarians.

>implying the solution isn't to make human males look more ape like
You seem to have found the complete opposite solution

Kill yoursel, furfag!

Focus on the beast part of beastman.

>t. furfags

If you ever use Gnoll, Tabaxi, or any other degenerate dogfucker subhuman race in ANY shape or form that does not involve their utter and complete genocide at the hands of your pure human party, you ARE a furfag
Stab yourself repeatedly in the testicles until your organs fall out!

If I was a furry I'd be talking about their dicks, balls, going into heat, and giving elaborate explanations on whenever hyenas have knots or not.

Make them questionable. Play up the inhuman part of their methodology or culture. Make it a struggle for the players to not want to genocide, or change them from their ways. Invoke the revulsion civilized people have when confronted with cannibals or people still clinging to barbaric traditions.

Don't include this? If you don't want to let on your magical realm, don't include a section of the game featuring it. Of course at this point being a furfag is mild magical realm at best, so as long as the catfolk don't nyah over the party's cock the whole time they are there, I don't think they'll care. My DM is a mega furry and we all know it but as long as he doesn't try to force furfaggotry on my PC I could care less.

Make them vile and disgusting, as they should be.

>talks about making beast races inhuman
>posts picture approving beast race females having human breasts

talking about furshit in any way that does not involve killing them all makes you a dogfucker
now stab yourself in the throat!

>Read the standard descriptions of what those races are like the the book of whatever system you are using.
>Introduce the concept to the players simply and without flare.
>pic related
>Stop caring about what other people think and just keep the story going.