Infinity General: Enough Tohaa Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where artichokes can no longer be cooked, only salted.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki:
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>released RPG books (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

infinitythetactics.com/Infinity_Tactics_Wiki
infinitythetactics.com/Al_Fasid_Regiment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Neoterra

Are we finally getting that JSA heavy infantry biker?

user pls

we might need to do an ENOUGH image with asuka

It's a HI and a biker. They are two different units.

And no rhyme for the Tohaa Triumvirate because they're great

To the escalation league user: I brought up Myrmidons to point out that technically one of the league members has already broken a rule: he got a Warband box instead of an LI one. Myrmidons are the equivalent of Shaolin Monks, Kum Bikers, Jaguars or Morlocks, not Fusiliers or Ghulam. I know it can come off as nitpicky, but it could be your argument for getting out of wasting money on an MI box you have no use for. Cite that you can only field 2 Bagh-Mari or 3 Bolts (and everyone knows Bolts suck, even in NCA) while your opponents can make full use of their MI due to playing sectorials. Haggle for Black-Friar and/or Nisse HMG Blisters (if you can nab a blister before they get replaced with the HMG/Hacker repack; Nisse Hacker is shit) and/or Auxilia box. Or Bulleteers. Also maybe use Yasbir from Dire Foes with Konstantinos to proxy a profile (like a Croc Man).

It is true that PanO gets better once big guys and/or Remotes are in play though. Bulleteers are both cheap and awesome, Dronbots fill PanO cheap Order holes, PanO TAGs are superb (you could go with Cutter for maximum Fuck You, or just Jotum and laugh off pitiful fire) as are a few of PanO HI (Swiss Guard, Holy Sepulchre, Aquila, Joan, De Fernsen, even the humble ORC is a BS14 HMG platform).

But I need to stress: it's your money, don't get yourself talked into wasting it on models you won't ever use.

>ISS

But I want a HI biker

If we actually do, I'd laugh.

Maybe if you weren't such rebellious shits we'd give you them.

HI Biker should be an MO unit.

Wtf will the new HI do that current HI can't? Will he be yet another 3 armor dude that is good at CC? Very disappointing if that is the case. We already have the shikami for total CC and Domaru for shooting (and CC).

Bikes are banned in PanO. Along with smoke grenades

He's just big. Cause every faction needs a fucking big guy.

Uh ...be on bike? Do you even have reading comprehension?

That's the hope

We already have a dumb big guy in the Oyoroi. Big dumb S5 guy doesn't fit with JSA thematically

> Big dumb sword guys don't fit thematically in JSA

I don't like it much either but the sculptors have a hard on for their s5s.

They're Japanese. There's no way they could get that big.

Are 8 Kuang Shi lists too gimmicky?

What would be the point? We already have 12 things that are good at CC, especially in the HI department

Sniper rifle AROs hurt p

They're great but you need a plan for them. Expect some Kuang Shis to be dead by the end of round 1, and probably all of them by round 2. 8 Kuang Shis, Celestial, and Su Jian in the control group work well. The Su Jian can go crazy round 1 with the orders, then go into suppression and probably die in round 2. You basically need to make sure whatever it actually in the group with the Kuang Shis is going to use those 10 orders wisely, or I guess it could work if you just want 8 warband equivalents and want to chain rifle guys to death.

>>lose first turn
>>opponent fiday/speculo kamikazes into one kuang shi.
>>initiates chain explosion that takes out half your deployment zone.

Hard to find a safe place for all those exploding dudes.

Kuang Shi never explode if you don't want them to. If you don't want them to explode, just make them go Dogged. They go straight to dead then. Explode requires them to go unconscious.

Holy shit never though about this.

>chain explosion
1. Explode is Shock, so chain explosion is out of the question.
2. That is if the opponent doesn't decide to go dogged just to tie you up for one more order instead
3. inb4 "muh EXP CCW", if you kill a Kuang Shi straight to dead it doesn't explode either.

> tfw every time you talk about how bullshit Kuang Shi are they get more bullshit

Can't really complain because I field FUCKING GHAZI all the time.

You motherfucker. Hand over the smoke grenades and nobody gets hurt.

ok. thank you by the way, I will use your arguments. Didn't knew the stuff about the myrmidons, I know my brother had the whole to buy list made by a friend, so his stuff is better build then my. I''ll ask the store owner what other stuff I could buy instead of the medium infantry box, I don't think he will care much as long as the money cost is the same.

Good luck hitting the real me John chinaman

It's a technicality really, but those are what court cases are won off of.

Just don't try to claim that him having Warbands is unfair, since Warbands is what the sectorial works on. PanO has none, but has multiple good counters to them (like the afore mentioned MSV2 troops and disposable Flamethrowers, better known as Auxbots).

I was under the impression that ODD was more of a disruption than a type of camouflage, like I imagined it that it generates an image of static that looks like a big messy blur to the viewer and was hard to pinpoint where your enemy was under that. I had a distinct memory of an official looking image of a Bulleteer armbot under a static visual effect. But then I reread the tiny fluff blurb and there's that bit about the lawsuit because it was similar to TO camo so now I don't know. Was that just some sort of Mandela effect? Is there some sort of picture of a Bulleteer floating around similar to how I'm describing?

It wasn't official, I made that pic.

I can be both I think. I remember the avatar being described as a towering pillar of light that shits death everywhere

Like this, but brighter?

>But then I reread the tiny fluff blurb and there's that bit about the lawsuit because it was similar to TO camo so now I don't know
It's not like TO camo has ever had any consistency in its depiction.

I'm looking to paint my Geckos in some weird and funky colours. Can anyone throw some inspiration my way? (or not so great ideas to stay away from) I was originally thinking of something similar to old-style w40k Noise Marines and/or Harlequins, but not sure how well it'd work...

is the raiden the new sculpting style? I'm trying to only buy things that won't get re sculpted any time soon.

Hold off on Raidens for a bit.

Here's mine.

Pretty sure at least the Raiden HRL is new CAD scultped with square connectors. Even if is right and a new one is coming out, the current Raiden HRL is a great mini. They're also a great unit, I would field 2 often if I had the minis for it.

I own a Raiden, it's CAD sculpted and one of the coolest models there is.

TO camo is literally Predator or GitS, what the fuck are you talking about.

So it was you, Barry! You were the one who planted the image in my head.

I see the phrase "blurry outlines that ebb and flow around their actual location" so I guess I'm sticking with the not camo look, but perhaps holding off on the static visual effect.

Fair point, although TO Camo seems to lean on GitS' depiction. I guess there's plenty of ways to skin a cat. Aren't most HI also stated to have some form of camouflage one way or the other anyways? Like the fluff blurbs on ORCs and Wu Ming who very decidedly do not have CH in game?

IDK, besides some of the official variants like forest snake and blue marine I suppose you could take inspiration from anime like the RX-78-2 Gundam, Appleseed, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Robotech, Transformers, etc, or you could do something you might not find out of place on a gang biker or World War plane like flame decals or a shark face.

Raiden CAD sculpted. Or at least so close to it that I can't tell the difference. One of my favorite models too. Who cares if the model you got received a resculpt as long as it looks good. I'm proud of my old Kuang Shi that I put on scenic bases and spent several hours on each.

And now I don't mind the new box because then that can mean 8 UNIQUE KUANG SHI.

>Predator
So which version of the predator camouflage are you using as a base? It's different looking in every movie, even before getting to the games and comics.

>or GitS
Are we talking OVA GitS? Main series? Arise? The awful live action movie? The video games?

My impression has always been that it looks something like the digi grenades in Blacklight Retribution. Very obvious something is there, but impossible to make out any exact location or details.

You know how when you look at something that is underwater, your perception of it is shifted by the light bending when it hits the water? Where you see it is actually off of its actual location, deeper the water the heavier the distortion.
I like to think they work like that. You can see who and what it is plain as day, but its actually a foot to the left, oh wait the right, and very hard to hit; an impossible to pin down and constantly shifting figure. You have to close to melee to get past the distortion and realize the true location.

Hmm, You've just given me an idea...Megas XLR ;)

What have those pathetic humans done to my Avatar?

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but a group of people are doing a Warmahordes battle-college style of wiki for Infinity. So far I have been working on the PanOceania side of things, but it is free for anyone to add or edit within reason.

infinitythetactics.com/Infinity_Tactics_Wiki

The Al Fasid page of the wiki is the template and the admins tend to want it close to that.

infinitythetactics.com/Al_Fasid_Regiment

Nomad Tactica:

>Want to hack target
>realize that for the 390th game in a row, there is no hackable target in the other person's list because your entire meta is Tohaa, Haqq Assassins or QK, or Ariadna and there isn't a single PanO, YuJing, or other Nomad player within 50 miles.
>try not to cry
>cry a lot

Photoshopped pics are not evidence.

Then you bring Intruder then m8. Well, until he gets dropped in the reactive turn from Viral or some other shit.

Granted my stuff on the PanOceania profiles is not that great, but still.

Hacking is a trap. It's good to have a nice hacking ARO just for the threat but that's all you should invest in it. Otherwise stick to killer hackers, and maybe the occasional white noise.

>forgets ALEPH entirely

>treating SMG as the HRL Al Fasid's primary weapon and barely mentioning the glorious template

And I'm not sure what the fuck the ARO Options section is for. Even in the example article it consists mostly of "see Defensive Tools".

Using carbonite to set up some tough fuck for an unopposed attack can be worthwhile. Otherwise it's mostly area denial and supportware, but it never really claimed to be anything else.
Some people just billed Nomads as the hacking faction, which is only slightly less simplistic and unhelpful than treating them as the MI faction.

It is not the end-all-be-all, but more of a guideline on what is expected. The ARO section is mostly what kind of roles/weapons it is suppose to provide in the reactive turn.

Then what's defensive tools for? There seems a fair bit of redundancy there.

There is only one Predator movie

I'd prefer if they were called active tools and reactive tools. Because deploying a skirmisher 2" from your opponents models to get an aro seems quite offensive, but is reactive.

How I translate that from the get go is this:
Defensive tools: Stats like ARM, WIP, BTS, etc. Does it have ODD, TO Camo, etc?

ARO options: What kind of roles can it do in the reactive turn, along with what kind weapons it can sport in a defensive role.

To reiterate, I did not write that specific article, but it is what is used a general guideline. Though I can see what you mean, in which I'd suggest talking to the main admins for clarification. I'll see also about trying to set up a page that talks about the various categories and what to expect.

In which of these situations would you be able to claim cover?

Top is what the enemy model sees.
Bottom is an overhead view.

A

A and B.

Fuck me I didn't notice B had different heights. Only A.

A only. Grinding your body against the cover is an important part of claiming it.

if only that were true

this is your haris team for the night

I'd hot glue them and take them in for questioning, if you know what I mean.

Hey all, would-be newbie here. I'm interested in high-tech and survivability in my wargames over large numbers and stealth - necrons in 40k, Convergeance in warmachine, etc. I'm also on a budget right now, but Infinity's taking off locally and I'm wanting to get into it. I've read the article at the top about the factions, which leaves me wondering:

Shasvatii Expedition Force, or ALEPH, probably with a bent towards the greek?

Definitely ALEPH. Shasvastii are ancient and up for an overhaul, both in terms of rules and miniatures. They're being worked on right now as Combined Army's next big project.

Shasvastii are all stealth all the time, and the SEF sectorial is bad.

Aleph is what you're looking for, pretty much fits your criteria exactly. Combined Army vanilla may be decent as well, though the focus there is less on individual survivability and more on keeping the whole army composed.

Alright, and how's the ALEPH sectorial? Is it worth anything, or should i stick to the core?

It's very good at beating people to death. It's all strength, no stealth. They're considered very good. Also since they're kind of new most of their models look nice.

Sectorial is more about directly beating the shit out of people and less about high tech shenanigans. It's got more raw power than vanilla but fewer tricks like hackers and infiltrators.

Alright. Last question: Is the Marut worth a damn? Is this like 40k, where bringing a single big model is just going to get your ass blasted off the table t1 and the rest of the game is mop-up, or is it more warmahordes where having a single big fucker means that the enemy has to respond and taking it down becomes a significant challenge?

It can be both. Nothing is immune to anything in Infinity (It's not like how a tank in pre-8e could take infinite lasguns or imperial guard punches without caring) but elite models can do some real work. The Marut is big, fast and tough but it still can't just sit there and take offence. What it can do is tear through half the enemy force during your turn (Using that toughness to make you less concerned about reactions) and then pull back somewhere safe.

>NTR
this is not okay

Wait where's this info coming from?

Actually it's not and you can't chain explode Kuang Shi anyway.

Nah they're good. You gotta be prepared to lose alot of them though and have a decent second combat group or save some tokens to shuffle casualties around.

You can core link the Kuang shi, to stop 4 of them fucking off. Makes the CG's smoke super accurate too.

Marut is worth a damn, but it's a real investment. Pump orders into it and it can efficiently engage damn near any unit in the game. Leaving it out in the open reactively is a bad plan though, you need to have defensive units to cover it and an engineer to patch it up, as well as putting it in suppressive fire. TAGs are vulnerable but very powerful, and Marut is a particularly fierce one with MSV2 allowing it to attack through smoke and camo, strategos fucking with deployment and BTS9 making it harder to crack with hackers.

TAGs require your list to be built around them, especially expensive ones like Marut. I'd recommend starting with a more conventional list unless you're really attached to the idea desu, and then switching to a TAG one once you've got the basics down.

This is what I'm thinking of eventually, minus fifteen points somewhere when I know what I can cut pretty easily. It's the starter box, plus a box of posthumans, plus a Marut.

If the Marut is a bad idea, though, are there any other good centerpiece models? I love me a good shitkicker that just forms the list around them. Perhaps Achilles or Ajax, having briefly glanced at their numbers?

Achilles is a very good center piece, worth every point as long as you support him.

Speculation.

Helps if I post the goddamn list.

Have you been under a rock this week? Everyday this week CB has been teasing JSA shit

If you're going with Greeks you lose access to Marut. Achilles is your TAG.

I'm not sure which way I'm going right now. 75 points instead of 120 seems pretty damn appealing, though, for what you're billing as having the same role

Part of me thinks that they might be resculpts of the Aragoto and the Haramaki. Though some new units would be nice.

two things:

1. any tips for dealing with tohaa as yu jing? there's another guy at the LGS who plays tohaa. we're both new at the game but fuckin a dude

i know fire helps. the game i played they kind of implied missile launcher explosive damage was fire damage, but it looks like it's not. it still seems like missile launcher would be good against them though?

i'm planning on getting a hac tao at some point, maybe a missile launcher profile to ARO his rambo guys when they're in the open?

2. people always say you have to build the list around a TAG. aside from having an engineer, what else does that entail?