Let's get a campaign fuel thread going

Let's get a campaign fuel thread going

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Monument
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huanglong_Scenic_and_Historic_Interest_Area
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashima_Island
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh, I've been here, it's the Nine Villages Valley in China. Lovely place.

slightly miffed about the window, but still very cool
where is that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Monument
Switzerland

Lion Monument in Lucerne, Switzerland.

Huangluong, The Yellow Dragon calcite pools in China. You need an oxygen tank to walk up the pools to the top of the mountain, where there are several temples.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huanglong_Scenic_and_Historic_Interest_Area

When I look at this out of the corner of my eye, it totally looks like someone carved human figures into the rock, trying to crawl away from the lava.

Salts Flats

I see the island of a black dragon with ghosts of monster people on it. Should play a special song to purge it.

The forgefather has decided to start over, his prototype life already walking this earth spreading havoc in their malformed beauty. Rumors spread of a coming end of slag and fire and the godess of life, the mother of all monsters lie silent.

Are your group bad enough dudes to go up against the hammer god and challenge its authority on the perfection of life?

here's a person meters from falling into it

Pcs must cross the badlands as dragons fly above, terrorizing them as they sprint from cover to cover, hiding in small cities dug out of the rock formations.

Actually taken from near where I'm from.

That's fucking cool.

underrated

>campaign fuel

>Beneath you lies a life form that has existed for tens of thousands of years; eternally reborn and impossible to kill via any act of nature. Its filaments are all around you; while some of them are young, the oldest has been around for longer than your civilization's oldest standing monuments. It is fortunate for you that it does not regard you or your presence.

Not this this isn't pretty, but it's just some random wilderness near a cave

There is no way the name of this location doesn't have the word "anus" in it

Avatar and Zendikar have ruined this landscape via overexposure

The dunes are actually pretty big

>You must enter the castle of lord eyesore the pretentious.

>Why do you fight to protect your weak forms, little ones? Come, let me cast you back into the Crucible and remake you. Let me hammer out the imperfections, forge your bodies as they were intended, and live again as perfect beings.

Baobab is an alien tree

>Sure the fire hurts a bit and the hammer has to literally break you down to shape you up but hey its like working out

>You're wrong, Forgefather! Life isn't meant to be perfect out the womb. We are tempered, galvanized, and purified in the crucible of life!~ I have been hammered down again and again by my fellow man and the beasts of the wilds! I have been shaped by the loving words of wisdom of my family and friends. And in the end, I have honed myself to something much greater than your best arms: an immutable shield who will cast himself over the world and protect it for your delusions and pride and shatter the hammer you bring down!

>Avatar and Zendikar
You mean Dragon Ball

>You fall by the score to disease, to hunger, to flaws wrought within the very fabric of your beings. Time erodes your bodies and dulls your minds. You cling to the scant few score of years the impurities within you allow before you corrode away into nothing.
>I begin to understand. It is the impurities that corrode your sense of self, the improper tempering that prevented the flawless alloy of form and spirit that I sought to create. Do not worry, my creation, I do not blame you but myself. I must correct my error and forge you anew to atone for my mistake.

>dare you enter my magical realm?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashima_Island
I've plopped this island into like 5 different campaigns, adjusted to fit the setting as needed.

the mountains are waking up
and they're pissed

Your mind might not perceive the eldritch horror, but its very being exerts such a presence that even your simple mind can see its glory.