Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Sylvaneth Are Aelves Edition

Previous Thread: →

DoK week
Part 1 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/
Part 2 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Are your ready to hail Nagash as the supreme ruler of the mortal realms, fleshbags?

Much better thread

>deathfag

So far it looks like Drake is leading, which is so incredibly dumb. I have a feeling a majority of decisions by winners is going to be "lol which choice has the most carnage, dude!"

This campaign is turning out to be just as disappointing narrative wise as the last one

The Realms are hers, you overblown Halloween prop.

Get back in the kitchen, Nagash. Keep stirrin' that soup pot. The only thing you're the supreme ruler of is goulash, and the only damage you've done to the Mortal Realms is give us indigestion.

Reminder that the drake option leads to Dispossessed battletome.

They are actually taking the most active options, with Drake last time and Eye now as the most “status quo” keeping ones
I guess not many are giving points to Skull because after having seen the buff that will last even after the campaign to the Knight of Shrouds they don’t want to give it to the goblin too

Surely that’d just help maneuverability (assuming the grace of an elf).
Hook blade in Ass Creed was great.

no option changes GW release schedule
no option leads to a good end fool!

>overblown halloween prop
But morathi is also an overblown halloween prop.

but she is allowed to: she's got bob and vegene

Well, that's true of really any Death army now that they've taken out the Necromancer's horsie for some retarded reason. I still don't understand that. And while you've spent a third of your 1000 point list on heroes, those are also the same heroes that are giving you back an average of 12 models per turn, or 15 if you're running a corpse cart.

Likewise, there's really not a whole lot of movement in a 1000 point Death list unless you're playing LoB. You're probably just going to be based around a fat blob of skeleton warriors or two, maybe with some cavalry or hounds in there as your fast movers. So the speed of the Necromancers won't really be as major in those smaller games. You'll probably just stick one Necro in the middle of a skeleton blob and the other with either yet another skeleton blob or some GG.

You mean saggy pancake tits and a snake cloaca?

>sexy snek -halloween costume

It's more interesting than having a faction tally that will always end with Order winning.

xe looks great!

But if GW are obviously fixing things from the start, why give the players the illusion of choice? It'll just annoy people even more, and makes the whole campaign a joke.

Nagash could give himself bone boobs if he felt like it.

What makes it seem it's rigged so far?

Because the statistic number of players in the grand alliances will not change enough to have anything but a predictable outcome. Doing it this way players that participate actually gets to have an input beyond scoring points for their factions.

I wanna know why players consistently choose/are-choosing the WORST choices?

I don't know, I haven't been paying attention to the campaign because I live out in the middle of nowhere and don't have easy access to a GW. I'm asking rhetorically.

Seer Lunocaust best day of my life

>Sylvaneth Are Aelves

really?

you know they arent but you hate elves and dont want any in the setting so you push your agenda

skull won which lead to strengthening death, because killing strengthens death, who fucking knew? (that was sarcastic btw), now with drake leading, guess what? It will be more killing, which strengthens more death

i am going to correctly predice the outcome of every single choice once they become available because Ive figured out the 'equation'.

Drake will win this one. screencap this.

Probably because they pick the choice that seems like it would have the most excessive result.

>Killing all seers to actually advance the plot
>Ever being the worst choice

Anyone rate my 'not Nighthaunt' list? Not sure if I like Sacrament or Blood better yet.

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament
Vampire Lord (140)
- General
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Trait: Emissary of the Master
- Artefact: Shroud of Darkness
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
1 x Black Coach (120)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 70

Option one and two involves a lot of killing.

Option three is about harvesting the secrets of the Secrets Moon.

>1000pt
Who cares, bring anything you want

Neferata got better bewbs then your hag!

Alternatively, maybe the most violent, proactive result will benefit Chaos the most, and the Warqueen might become somewhat usable?

GW campaigns are always a joke. Is anyone stupid enough to think that Firestorm mattered at all?

Cuz it's funny, lul.

Got nothing but newbies in my area

D-did firestorm even have an event?
I legitimately don't remember it after the abortion that was the first summer of war.

Make way for best Mortarch

new GW doesnt like art with attractive women

>bodyshaming

my point is i will be correctly predicting the winner of every week because it will always be the most dull option: "lol kill all the things"

Rather than seeking the signs out and getting some answers about the lore and story happening, we will get the opposite, because plebs will incorrectly assume it equals 'fun'

That pic makes her look so chill
>Just goin' on a walk
>with my bats

Neferata is the most chill Mortarch. Manfred is an angsty mess and Arkhan is too busy being Nagash's first in command.

No, it did not. Although the new realm of battle boards being called blasted Hallowheart is interesting.

I'd drop the coach for a new unit of hosts, and maybe the vampire for a Knight of Shrouds. Personal opinion though, as deathless minions effects multi wound units far less (ie everything you have) but that ability plus spellcasting will pull attention off your Knight

Plus more ghost

>GW campaigns are always a joke.

Sure. I do however think that this is clearly an improvement on their previous formulas.

I dont think it means "blasted apart", i think its something along the lines of a cursed part of the city

These grand order cities are massive. They have cities within themselves. Hammerhal exists in two different realms and has at least 4 realmgates.

Only shitty part about the Knight is that he can't benefit from any artifacts or traits. Can he even take the GA Death ones?

I liked sassy manfred from that one audio drama

>Seer genocide
>Descend of the fucking Moon
> Buff for our general
>worst choice

You faggot get out

>deathless minions effects multi wound units far less
How do you figure

Following the sign wouldn’t have explained any lore, don’t trick yourself. It would have just meant that the moon would have been weaker and the death units would have received a debuff

Can't take Knight in LoN. He's not in the book.

really liked that audio drama.
liked it even more when the stormcast got played like a fiddle by Mannfred in the end

I don't understand how aelf fags cried about not having aelves when Sylvaneth are literally the new version of wood aelves and Arielle is even an aelf.

>when Sylvaneth are literally the new version of wood aelves
theyre not
stop this meme

Has anyone asked in their Facebook page to be sure about that? It really seems an odd decision

Admittedly yeah, if he's your general he can't use traits. He can however use the new sword of +1 damage whether he's your general or not, if I'm reading the portents website right.

Whether it's better to go general him for the command, or to not so a necromancer can have a trait and someone still get a relic, I'm not sure. His trait is so good I just feel its worth trying

sylvaneth are a new version of a part of the old wood elves

old wood elves are their own thing. the wanderers

Do you guys think the rumored Atlantean elves will be more like high elves or dark elves?

don't answer to bait.

Harbingers can be part of any army allegiance under the same grand alliance, read the Malign Portents book

I expect dark elves

Yep. And there’s no reason to expect there won’t be a new version of wood elves at some point in the future

In the Malign Portents book it’s said that the Harbingers don’t break allegiances, so you can take them in a LoN army

That may work for now during the campaign, but RAW says otherwise.

to be honest i think they will be more like wood elves

primal forces with nature and wild monster aspects

They could be either one, or neither or a mix

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8

>Arielle is even an aelf

no aelf keyword
doesnt have any elf followers
doesnt like elves
doesnt care about elves

it was deliberate slap in the face to wood elf fans

If they're wounded, the best you can do is heal them. A 1 wound dog or knight that you roll a 5/6 for can't both resurrect And heal. So if something multi wound is injured, restricts your resurrection.

In addition, to resurrect a host you need to roll a 5/6 or its wasted, or a 4+ for dogs / black knights. And graveside only return single wound models irrespective of roll.

Sure, you can heal with graves and try to resurrect with heroes, but there's still a chance of wasting it.

Saying Sylvaneth are elves is like saying weeaboos are Japanese

>played like a damn fiddle
maybe we'll get a part 2 where our boy Bullheart opens up with the "Why are we still here? Just to suffer?" speech

Dogs are 2 wounds.

Gw confirmed allarielle's sylvaneth are one of the 4 elven forces in the elven pantheon. Don't shoot the messengers dude, its confirmed by gw.

Nah, Sylvaneth are the elves what dubs are to subs.

I think he's trying to say "a dog or knight with 1 wound." Which is a real issue because it means that if you're targeting a unit with a wounded dog or knight, all you're ever going to get out of that 1d3 is 1.

Getting there. Just metallics and 2 sets of hair left to paint on these guys now.

The Everqueen was never part of the Wood Elves. She was a High Elf.

Which Set-Up FAQ are you referring to? All I can find is the general GA: Chaos one which has this:

>Q: Does my general have to be set up on the battlefield if I want to set up a herdstone?
>A: Yes.

Anyone got a good idea or guide to make good bases for a summer themed sylvaneth army? i suck at making them

That's true. But at least with Hosts you're always going to either heal something to full or bring one back.

Thats not deathless minions, thats deathly invocation

She is part of the Elven Pantheon because a subgroup of the Elves, the Wanderers, worship her and seek her forgiveness.

>Gw confirmed allarielle's sylvaneth are one of the 4 elven forces in the elven pantheon.
No they didnt, they just said that Alarielle is an elf. That's technically true.

It was a fluff piece on facebook. Not necessarily completely canonical. Take it with a grain of salt.

okay im liking the colour scheme and conversions...

loving it but man are those male aelves buff..

>Male elves in the Sisterhood.

Ew. Your paintjob is nice with the chocolate babes dude but that was a mistake.

Huh? With Spirit Hosts, you are either dealing 1d3 wounds with overflow vanishing into the aether, or you are required to get a 5-6 in order to bring one back.

His English is shit, so he's either foreign or stupid. He does, however, bring up a solid point.

Doomfire warlocks.

Male sorcerers that only exist to grace the Daughters with magic. In the current DoK lineup, they are the only Wizards as hags are Priests.

I can dig it with them being like Drow where the men are basically just there to breed and cast spells while women rule the Cult as well as serving as both priests and warriors.

Well, if you roll a 3 on 1d3 yeah. One wound models will always get the full result of the roll, the more wounds they have the more chance your 1d3 result will be wasted

Its annoying as I love black knights but their resurrection is far worse now. Though with their offensive changes I'm just gonna run them low armour killers rather than tar pits

what happens when you find out the whips+dagger is the best weapon load out?

Hopefully they'll carry over the old assassin lore from the Cult of Khaine, where certain male children are raised in isolation to be autistic super murderers.

The Grand Alliance Order book says that the DoK are frequent allies with the Darkling Covens which are filled with aelf wizards.

Also the page make mention of male members of the cult.

They are almost slaves on horses. Let the true battle to the sister

Hm so I guess Invocation isn't that useful to a full ghost brigade, huh? Maybe just have the one Necromancer or Vampire and rely on Graves for the other healing.

Soon

If they were going to, Shadowblades wouldn't exist and the assassins would be in DoK and dark riders would be in Darkling Covens.

...so? Nothing about that conflicts with what I said.

D-do the snek girls fuck the warlocks?