Annoying shit your players do

One player in my group always makes the same goddamned character whenever he plays either a new system or with a new DM.

He names this character "Storm Trooper" and he is always the most worthless shit regardless of the game he's playing because the player always throws random concepts into a blender.

He does this for two reasons; 1) to see if the DM is willing to kill him and 2) to figure out the best way to play the game.

How does he accomplish this? PvP, wanton slaughter of NPC's, evil alignments, necromancy, transforming in public, breaking masquerade, everything that could result in a character death, he does, every single time.

If he dies, he comes in with a power gamer build that outstrips everyone in the party and he'll get himself killed again if it's not. If he lives, he only becomes more obnoxious until the DM decides to end campaign early, even if the rest of us were excited for it.

I hate him, the only reason we hang out with him is because his place is available.

Find a new place, man. This fucker ain't worth it.

>Storm Trooper
>Not giving him a -95% penalty to every roll in every system across the board
You're missing a golden opportunity.

>Make asocial characters
Why do people do this?

With the way he built his characters, he might as well have a -95% to his rolls.

Seriously, he came in with an INT based Fighter whose INT was like a 13, a STR of 8, and a DEX/CON of 10.

He basically played him as an obnoxiously smug smartass who tried to stab one NPC we were with for not being smart enough (while the NPC in question was a Wizard btw) and also tried to rape another NPC while we were busy buying a room for the tavern.

Our Barbarian snapped his neck for trying to rape the NPC since she was a mother figure to him and then he came in with a glamour bard who shat on the Barbarian at least once per session until the player got so pissed that we had to hold him back IRL.

Needless to say, the DM cancelled game for the following week.

Believe me, its not worth it for just for his place. Work put something woth the others or talk to him to call off that shit.

Though from the sounds of it,he's deliberately triggering players for his own sick amusement. Don't give him that power.

Find a new place, play on roll20 or whatever, just don't get involved with him anymore. Its not worth it

Some people are damaged individuals who can't really form positive social bonds. So they need to make everyone else miserable to make them feel good be it due to broken families, past trauma or just being sadistic because they feel entitled. Sad but true.

Instead of breaking all contact. Talk to him as a group and ask him to stop it or at least to try playing the game normal for a change. If he refuses, then black list him.

I have one player who takes way too long on his turnes, but he's otherwise a cool dude, so I ignore it. In all other regards, I'm very grateful to have found such a fun and functional gaming group.

Rest of the group hates roll20 for one reason or another.

One dude got PTSD from trying to run Pathfinder with a bunch of rando's and now cannot even look at his books without shivering (no, he never explained what happened). Another guy hates it because he feels as though the dice roller is out to get him from times when he rolled a 1 on his flurry check. Another guy hates it because his computer is trash and his phone has no memory to download it.
Everyone else is sick of his shit but nobody wants to talk to him about it. It's either people don't want to rock the boat or people don't want to hurt his feelings.

One DM said that he "puts him on his toes and makes him explore how well he can improvise" but then he gets burned out from trying to compile more than two sessions when he can barely remember what happened the previous week.

Then sad to say nothing's gonna change for you if no one steps up. Though it is quite sad to hear about roll20 ptsd.

I can tell you that from the sounds of it, that guy gives zero fucks about your feelings or he's super oblivious to the chaos he's causing. Neither are good but at least the latter is salvagable.

Look i know you just want to vent it out and so you can be able to deal with the bullshit when it crops up again, but if one of your own was ready to straight up fight the guy, then you got serious problems as it is. One day it might blow up to something serious and it won't end well for anybody.

Take it from me, its better to deal with it now before it escalates into something too big to handle.

I know but it's like you said, nobody wants to step up to the plate and even if I do, they'll just bitch out and suddenly I'm an asshole for bringing it up and ruining the group's good time (even though we generally get nothing done or we just sat by watching our "friend's" OP build demolish every fight just so he doesn't kill his character off...again).

Apparently it was something he learned from an old group he used to play with before they dissolved into drama and at this point, I'm unsure if he's being an asshole or if he was just taught how to play tabletop games by the wrong people.

Btw, the dude playing the Barbarian eventually left the group after one too many sessions of dealing with the Bard's shit, though he managed to kill the dude's glamour Bard before he left.

If you're interested I can tell you what happened.

I feel for you and your group. It sounds like you guys just want a good game but have no alternatives.

Sure go ahead and storytime it. It might help you feel better

So in a nutshell, this is what happened.
>Party is split because of a cave-in.
>Bard, Barbarian, female NPC are in the same group.
>Bard, being the cock gobbling faggot that he was, decided to hit Barbarian with Dominate Person while him and female NPC were resting to recover their wounds.
>Bard also argues that Barbarian got disadvantage because he was resting.
>Of course, DM accepts this in order to not cause any problems.
>So Barbarian is dominated, and the spell is going to last 10 minutes since he used a 6th level slot, so what does the Bard command him to do
>"RAPE female NPC!"

>Whole table to dumbstruck
>Barbarian player, having dealt with his shit before, only asks him "what?"
>He repeats himself in the smuggest way possible, causing a blood vessel to appear on the Barbarian player's forehead.
>DM rules that he is on top of her, but hasn't actually pulled anything out yet
>female NPC is groggy and asks what's going on
>Barbarian is silent both in and out of character
>Meanwhile, Bard is apparently stroking himself off in anticipation since "it says we're telepathically linked, so I'll be able to feel it when it happens.
>DM asks for grapple, is clearly uncomfortable but caught between a rock and a hard place.
>Barbarian loses the grapple and female NPC squirms out from underneath him
>Bard tells Barbarian to grab her, prompting another grapple check, which he succeeds.

Oh god, was that a new DM or something? Cause how did they NOT see how this was going to end badly? No wonder the barbarian player left after that.

Yeah its clear that this guy is super bad news. And trust me, even if you friends don't follow you, you're better elsewhere. This guy seems like a irredeemable dick.

I learned after the fact that he rolled randomly and that was the result that came up. He hates fudging rolls and he thought it would be a good team building exercise.

I wish I was joking.
>So he has her by the wrist and makes another grapple roll to pin her to the ground.
>I can feel the heat rising from Barbarian player's body as this is going on, meanwhile Bard player is oblivious to it due to getting drunk off his own power.
>DM reluctantly tells him that he's unfastioning his buckling his belt...
>At this point the entire table is uncomfortable as fuck
>Barbarian player is visibly upset, like his skin went from being pale to candy apple red.
>Meanwhile Bard player is laughing like a mad man and visibly drooling from ecstacy.
>Then, in a moment of self-awareness, the DM decides to fight back.
>Female NPC holds out a hand and casts magic missile, Level 6!

>Eight darts fly from her hand and hits the Bard who was still standing off to the side, stroking his own dick.
>"Hold on!" Bard player croaks, "How did she see me?"
>"You never said you were hiding, you just said you were stroking your dick!" Barbarian player says smugly.
>"But she's not high enough level!"
>"The DM introduced her as a character of equal level, you think she didn't gain levels from fighting alongside us?"
>"But she's grappled!"
>"She's a Sorcerer, Subtle Spell is a thing motherfucker!"
>"When did she become a Sorcerer!?!"
>"Since the beginning dumbass!"

>At this point the emotional comeback was palpable.
>Bard ate 33 damage
>Also had to make 8 separate concentration checks in order to keep his spell up.
>Needless to say, he failed
>Barbarian regains control and lets go of female NPC
>Then he stares at the Bard, who at this point is too busy cursing and licking his wounds
>Rages and runs up to the Bard in one movement.

>Takes his might greatsword and downswings
>Shaves off the rest of the the Bard's HP and almost did enough to oneshot him for good measure.
>Barbarian hacks him to pieces until the female NPC walks over and hugs him to calm him down
>Bard player is livid and walks outside to cool down (and to smash a few pieces of lumber the DM had outside)
>Barbarian breaks down to apologize to her for almost raping her, female NPC tells him it wasn't his fault and kisses him on the forehead.
>DM wraps up Barbarian's story by telling him that he and female NPC eventually found their way outside the cave and found a quiet life together.
>Barbarian player decides to leave after this session for good.
>(former) Bard player screams for a retcon but is denied.
>Comes in next week with a Barbarian, who later got his brain eaten by mindflayers.
>Game crashed and burned shortly afterwards.
And that's the story of how our Barbarian killed our Bard.

I have 2 people in my group who no matter what system we play, say they hate it and want to go back to D&D. Then we spend ~2 months playing 5e so they will stop whining and then try a new system and the process starts all over again.

What really irks me is that our group was playing FFG star wars and the other 4 people in the group were having alot of fun, and instead of trying to find a way to ease their woes they just straight up said we cannot play that campaign anymore.

If they do this one more time I am just going to drop the group and make a new one without them at this point.

the Bard player is not a good person
they deserve every bit of suffering they can get

Couldn't refresh fast enough to see that guy's comeuppance and it was worth it. And the barbarian player has the right idea. I'm glad he had a happy ending.

Yeah, I can see why you hate the guy so much. And honestly I would feel the same as well. If I weren't already managing multiple games and you guys didn't have issues with roll20, I would've offered to run something for you guys, just to get the vile taste of something like that out of your mouths.

Might I recommend Agone? The game is about playing open characters who are more likely to be corrupted by the forces of evil (and subsequently loose their characters for being an evil fuck...). The mechanics behind this actively gimp your pc until he turns evil, and becomes an NPC. it's also really hard to make a character so broken no one had fun,
Mostly because every character is stupidly powerful and no option in and of itself is so powerful that there is almost no way a 2 v 1 pvp will result in the 1 wining without serious prep work. Perhaps a shaper or demon summoner, but one turns you evil and the other requires a lot of money in magical components to make actually useful combat statues...
Also,even if he somehow manages to kill "storm trooper" before turning evil, it's really easy to just resurrect a person. Like stupid easy...
Properly built agone characters are terrifying.

Who's the dm of that game? Well regardless, they sound like a pain to work with, you might want to the other 4 players about it and see if they wanna bail as well.

Sadly it sounds like the issue is with the player themselves rather than the mecahnics of the game. That bard player was by no means a good person, let alone a good player.

>the Bard player is not a good person
He really isn't. If he didn't have a place for us to run games at, I'm sure most of the group wouldn't bother inviting him to their games.
>And the barbarian player has the right idea. I'm glad he had a happy ending.
I am too, you have no idea how much shit he got put through before that point.

The Bard kept hitting him with vicious mockery whenever he talked to female NPC, would often make Suggestions like "hey, piss yourself!" and other fucked up mind-altering effects that he couldn't resist because he had 11 WIS vs. the Bard's 20 CHA.

When the Bard wanted to undo the Barbarian's happy ending, it was the only time I've seen people actually stand up to his bullshit but alas, it was only a fleeting moment.

Because I don't fucking want to talk to your inserted fetish NPCs, Carl.

Yeah I still say it isn't worth it just to have that guy lend your group a place to run. Its just upsetting thay what should be a hobby that brings good and fun times get ruined by assholes like the bard player.

Stop playing with him. Problem solved.

>abloobloobloobloo I can't because of reasons
Then get fucked.

ask around if your library has soundproofed rooms, or if a local ymca or community center has any of that
someplace publicly accessible and warm

True, but my point was more that the game has mechanics for punishing chaotic bad Roleplaying behavior, so at the very least it might be more fun to have everyone see his character suffer for acting psychotic.
But in all honesty, kicking him and finding a better meeting place is probably the only good solution.

I agree but when you got nothing better to do and the group is of the "better a shit game than no game" mentality, there's not really much you can do except enjoy the trainwreck.

It should be noted that the (former) Bard player has died more times per campaign than most of us have during years of playing. He's a smart person but he leans too hard on his stats and ends up doing something stupid that he really should know about (like how bear barbarians don't resist psychic after spending weeks tormenting our old Barbarian player).
I'll ask around tomorrow.

Wait, why the hell was Bard's player so upset that he was thwarted? Was he actually that invested in his assholery?

Sounds like he got off in his assholery, considering that according to user, the bard constantly heckle the barbarian

The best way to describe him is "hates to lose", and "doesn't learn from own mistakes."

If he dies, it's either on his own terms or it's because the DM was "shit" and didn't know how to balance their game properly (which in his mind is "they didn't let me nuke everything with my OP builds that I barely understand myself").

The Barbarian player murdering him and the female NPC hitting him with magic missile struck such a massive blow to his ego that he would not stop asking the DM to retcon the encounter until the DM decided to end the campaign by shuffling us along to the final battle and having having us win (at the cost of our Barbarian, who lost his mind to a mindflayer's gullet).

It can be done. I currently have two characters who are "non social". One is a mute cavalier Drake rider, and the other is a timid shy and quiet Bard that is not going all " rainbow spandex rock good" and is instead a merchant's assistant who got sent with the party as a liason for the merchant's business partners or contacts to help the party who are the actual heroes (didn't use a single perform until 4th level, didn't use any major spells until 3rd) was more for roleplay and so far is one of my playgroups favorite characters I played.

The trick is to find a way to not push the fact you are unsocial to the point it is game crippling or annoying

This, what is with the appeal of making characters that don't want to be a part of a group?
Why would anyone consistently make a character that is averse to forming positive relationships in a group?

I literally laughed out loud at this post.

>str 8 fighter with dex 10 and con 10
Should have played AD&D or some other OSR system, it would work better for him.

Op said that guy likes to make power gamer builds and osr doesn't really support that the way new editions do.

>make characters who are not compatible with campaign pitch just to be different
>make old grizzled veterans in every game

I have a pair of players who do these and they piss one another off. If we play padawans in star wars clone wars, one wants to be a chiss and the other a mandolorian operator in his 50's.

If we play town guards on the borderlands, one wants to be a demon and the other a merc captain from out of town.

Also, as a group, wanting to start at the end of their characters' careers. They want to be level 40, space marine captains, jedi masters, gen 3 vampires but not put in any work. Just "we powerful, we do stuff". I gave into it twice and they sat around and did nothing until I dropped something directly on top of them.

Only one guy ever takes the lead. He makes plenty of characters that shouldn't be leaders, but gets stuck doing it because every other player in the group is so busy on their own stupid antics. One guy always tries to play some kind of thief that does nothing but steal, even from the party. Another is always the dumb and/or alcoholic character. The third is high all the time and the other two just aren't into RP and mostly play the game because the rest of us are. I want to give him the chance to not lead, but without him I'm not sure the campaign would ever progress.