Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Edition Edition

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

So I just finished reading Tallarn and I'm starting to wonder between this and Angel Exterminatus what the future holds for Perturabo and the IV Legion as a whole. The already criminally bitter and paranoid Primarch has thus far been betrayed and almost murdered by Fulgrim in order for him to ascend to Daemon Princedom and forced to kneel on his own flagship to Horus in the most humiliating way possible. Furthermore during the Battle of Tallarn a Dreadnought was given the chance to essentially turn the Iron Warriors to Chaos, but utterly rejected the offer and chose to kill himself rather than betray his father and brothers.

Generally this looks to me like Perturabo and his Legion standing away from from the forces of Chaos well most of the other Legions are beginning to succumb to its influence one way or the other. I'm curious (and hopeful) that this means in future books they'll retcon Pertruabo's Daemon Prince status and leave him the way he is.

Why are terminator bodyguard thunder hammers 15pts.? Am I missing something?

Maybe they are going to kill him off.
They are going out of their way to remove Undivided as a concept, and they have promised big changes to the established canon.

That would be one hell of a retcon, given what's in the 8th edition CSM codex.

Fair enough. They're going to have to do some serious explaining whenever/if they get to the Iron Cage for why Perturabo would willingly enslave himself to the Dark Gods.

I do hope they don't make Pert ascend after the Iron Cage, it always felt a bit unfitting seeing that they go so far as to cut off mutations and use bionics in their place.
Also have i taken weathering too far?

Honestly, I still don't feel they've done a great job explaining why Horus fell to chaos "Oh noes! I don't get a statue! Better burn down everything!" so I'm not holding high hopes that Perty's ascension will make sense.

Also, if you were to try and convert/greenstuff/something fancier armour on some troops, how would you do it for iron warriors? (eg. artificer armour on sergeants)

You've posed the weathering question before, and you haven't, although, you have made your contemptor look like a giant hunk of iron. The paint scheme reminds me of an abandoned rail-road spike, so by din of nostalgia, I can't hate it. Weird that the fingers are both blue and unweathered though.

tl;dr: You haven't taken weathering far enough

Been a while since I've read Tallarn, I must have forgotten the pivotal choice the Dreadnought has to make. What happens again? I thought he was just in charge of leading an IW contingent to go and find something valuable.

Can someone explain to me what GW's problem is with Chaos Undivided? Is it the idea that it's the best of all the Chaos Gods and is therefore OP? Is Be'lakor the only Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided? Does Abaddon also qualify as Undivided? Where are we at with this shit?

>Also have i taken weathering too far?
Yeah, he looks like he was standing in the lobby of one of the Twin Towers when it came down. That sort of weathering is (and bearing in mind this is the opinion of some nobody on a Turkish rug comparison forum) best used on the feet and lower legs of the dread, and maybe the fist, as those are the areas that are going to take most of a battering as it plows through debris and punches tonks n shit. I do get the feeling that this model looks great IRL though, just comes across a bit dark in your pic. Chuck a cheeky couple of decals on the shoulders, weather them up a little, and see if the model looks a little more lively? And drill the exhausts and melta barrels.

Looking forward to seeing how they do Mortarian's ascension. There are so many fucking books now it's hard to keep track of story lines, but am I right in saying that the last we've seen of Morty is at the end of Path of Heaven, and he's sent taskforces out to summon Typhon? Sorry, not related at all to Perty's ascension, but I'm just keen to see if Typhon is the one to sell the Death Guard to Nurgle still.

A smidge more then i like but still pretty cool. If it matches the rest of your army it's fine.

For now Be'lakor is only Undivided Prnce, Lorgar and Perturabo are Daemon Princes of "?".
Nobody knows what's GW problem with Chaos Undivided, if I remember correctly ADB wrote on ama that ChU made no sense, but I can be wrong.

Thanks anons!
Ill definitely give the decals a go, and try to do a better pic next time

Obligatory post your WIPs and tell us your hobbying wins and woes

>Currently cleaning up and assembling six Charonite Ogryns before cleaning up and assembling six Vorax
Do I make the Charonite claws all match, so one brute has chainsaws and another snippy claws and the third crushy claws, or do I mix n match like the FW ones?

I just do not understand why phone posting makes photos go upside down. But also, hello from Noo Zillun I guess. Second attempt...

sorry, forgot to say; i figured the field on a dreadnought fist would break up dirt and such, just leaving the field effect on it, though i'm probably wrong

>What happens again?
Basically he finds the gate thing Perturabo was looking for. Well searching he kept feeling weird. Things like feeling the wind against his body despite being a dread. Basically some sort of daemon was like "See what you can be." And showed him being alive again and the Legion being unstoppable and all that good stuff. The daemon asks him to call down Perturabo which would allow the Iron Warriors to be turned to Chaos. Instead his blows himself up.

That's cool, that's the sort of shit I do like. Characters having some kind of agency, veterans making good calls. I'll add the Tallarn books to the to-read-again list.

>I'm just keen to see if Typhon is the one to sell the Death Guard to Nurgle still.
Most likely, as of the current 40k timeline he goes around being a smug git to Mortarion and saying he's Nurgle's champion where Mortarion was and remains Nurgle's "prize", so it looks like he'll still be the one to do the deed.

Does anyone remember where that time Horus straight-up wept when Mortarion took a plasma cannon or something to the face is?
What with him generally being quite a shat-upon primarch I did think it was neat to see someone respect/give a shit about him.
I know there's the bit where Horus asks him to hunt down Khan, but that's more easily counted as merely ego-stroking - though there's definitely some truth in what he says about Mortarion being his most trustworthy general (however the other options might make that faint praise indeed)

>that time Horus straight-up wept when Mortarion took a plasma cannon or something to the face is?
Vengeful Spirit, I think. A Fire Raptor strafes Horus, Morty and Fulgrim, Morty tanks the shots like a champ. Yeah, weird that Horus was so cut up about it, what with him having already put a couple thousand planets to the torch by that point in the Heresy. You'd think he'd have zero empathy left, but there you go.

EEEEEXIIIIT LIIIIIIGHT
EEEEENTEEEEER NIIIIIIIGHT

Just discovered the glory that is vallejo surface primer. No more stinking up the house after a quick prime for me! (Also priming RG, so I'm 3/4 done with the paint scheme)

To be fair, they've been crusading for more than a century at this point, simply massacring people isn't going to get a reaction, but hurting your bro will.

Didn't know Fulgrim was there as well though.
Get the feeling he probably only has it in him to be friends with one surly ugly brother, and it's not the one who's never made anything beautiful in his life (though Mortarion has got some skill in making shit iirc - he helps on his legionnaires, and he equipped his army on Barbarus)

Horus constantly refers to Mortarion as his strong right hand and second in command; whether this is manipulation or he really thinks so remains to be seen

Is a third party the only place to get Tartaros and Cataphractii shoulders? They're not exactly common on ebay and FW doesn't have the correct ones for my legion. I ran into a problem while magnetizing, which is, well I didn't take the shoulders into consideration.

Fulgrim is a snek daemon by then so he isn’t friends with anyone.

the latest daemon no longer explictly calls belakor the only undivided prince, so they may be introducing some wiggle room back into things.

Third party is honestly your best solution. Shapeways is perfect for good 3D print shoulder pieces.

So have they recovered from the death of their sole author/editor/proofreader or is this game still a nonsensical shitshow?

Right now, assembly lining 32 Dark Eldar warriors will do the hellions I have after that once I figure out a place to store them for transport

In the middle of painting 10 Breachers, 10 Veterans, and a half dozen HQ units.

Also cleaning and basing 10 jump pack Destroyers and 10 Breachers.

I have a lot of work ahead of me.

same here, it's totally freed up time to do more. I had to wait around for non windy/drizzly days to prime before, assuming I even had to time to work on some models.

Spookyboi in action with a gun/base I'll finish eventually

Alright. I was just worried about 3D printed stuff.

Cool to see you're still around. You give me hope that there may one day be a HH community in NZ.

post a pic of the two-handed axe guy please, is he from the red scorpion librarian set?

He asks Mortarion to hunt down the Khan in path of heaven.

That primer knackered my clarke airbrush. Did you thin it?

playing thousand sons should I get a storm eagle, fire raptor, legion sicaran venator, or a spartan assault tank

sicaran, all others sound kinda gay

> Imperial Fists
Sell me on them mechanically? I love their fluff, but I just can't find a reason to put them on the table when other legions exist.

Why Russ didn't kill Horus? How it had been explained in the book?

Not him, but Fists are great all-rounders. Their bolter and challenge buffs are some of the least situational legion rules in the game (which is a good thing; you'll use their bonuses all the damn time).
They also have some fantastic characters, such as Sigismund, and get access to the ever lovely storm shields.
They may not have some of the flashier toys of other legions, but they have perhaps the fewest weaknesses of any legion. By that I mean that they don't have any taxes or mandatory points-sinks (besides those every legion imposes on themselves by using certain Rites).

And they look fucking cool.

Sicaran venator

You need dedicated anti tank stuff if you are gonna go psychic meme builds.

Is there a list of all the named legionary vehicles?

He hits Horus with the spear that has a portion of the emperor's soul in it but gets badly wounded in the process. Both of them get btfo and the wolves have to drag russ away.

the effect of it is all the warp fuckery that had infected horus since molech have dissipated and he's started to feel bad for what hes done

How's their dakka?

How good is Shapeways quality? I was considering ordering some of their boarding shields but I’m curious how much cleanup they need to remove the printing lines.

It was my understanding that bolters were shit even in HH, only there to fill out the squad so you can meet the minimums to get the actually relevant weapons (plasma, melta, apparently volkite?)

heavy support squads get tank hunter so that's neat.

bolters are shit, but a bolter in the hands of the veteran tactical marine with the sniper special rule means you're wounding anything on a 4+ and rending on a 6. combine that with Imperial Fists where you now hit on 2s instead of 3s and baby you got a heresy WAACfag's dream come true with Pride of the Legion.

I'm sure they'll do it anyway, but the idea of a non-ascended traitor primarch seems somehow more fearsome to the Imperium than the daemon ones. Like if you put Perturabo in Abaddon's place as far as crusading as a "mortal" for 10,000 years, except not bound to the gods in any way. I guess it's more concrete, the threat he would pose? And a more realistic to imagine. Like yea, Angron could burn worlds on his own as a daemon with big Blood God powers and spooky daemon chaos shit, but doing the same thing as just basically a superman with chainaxes is more compelling.

are the Khenentai Occult Blade Cabal
any good?

Yes, but very situational.

The Chaos Gods will make Pert ascend after the Iron Cage specifically because they know it will piss him off literally forever.

He will never not be fucking murderously angry about it and they know it.

They've adjusted the contents of the next book to give another excuse for the delay.

They're a dakka legion with a side of close combat. Bonuses to hit with bolters may not sound impressive, but it means they're benefiting from their legion bonus a LOT more often than most legions.

They're also one of the few legions that can make Breachers worth taking.

But they also get teleporting terminators and arguably the best special characters in the game (along with one of the worst special units - by all means use the Templar Brethren models, but not as Templar Brethren). So they cover a lot of bases.

Listen to ep. 89 of Radio Free Isstvan, they go through the rules in a lot of detail.

we live in hope, maybe one of us other than RGB will actually paint something.

What about the White Scars? I don't think I've seen anyone play them. Are they bad or are they underutilized?

It's really just cause they're a bike army and bike armies are SUPER expensive even relative to other 30k shit

WS have legion rules and two Rites of War but got their's fairly recently and no legion specific units yet. also Once they get a proper black book, people will probably start using them more

They're underutilized for a few reasons:
>bikes and jetbikes are expensive (in money)
>the legion had a lot of old Mk II armor but all of the fast attack models are in Mk IV, VI, and VII (including 40k plastic)
>relatively difficult paint scheme to make look good
>they're the least known legion and that applies to real life as well

Their rules seem strong but the main one (Swift Action) is worded a little unclearly.

Strange. Another spoiler said that Russ deliberatly didn't kill Horus because of "I'm better than him" thing.

I really hope GW makes plastic breachers, assault marines and bikers at some point

>GW ever making new marinelets

Maybe it's just because I prefer the 30k era to the 40k one, but in my opinion the Primarchs becoming daemons removes all complexity from their character and makes them into either the stereotype of their patron god or in the case of Perturabo and Lorgar non-persons.

GW won't, because they've gone to a larger scale.

However... Necromunda and the supposed Titanicus release are plastics by Forge World. They could potentially do it.

Russ couldn't take Angron. There's no possible way he could take out the guy who killed Sanguinius.

Yup! I simply swapped out the arms for the sanguinary guard double axe arms.

It’s very easy to work with and I haven’t had any problems.

You can just run over them with plastic glue with a brush and they’re set.

Breacher shields can be bought at Shapeways, and you could use the mk III dudes.

Assault marines can be made with third party jump packs and ccb & pistols.

Russ didn't try that time, he was trying to teach Angron a lesson. Which, big surprise, Angron did not give a flying fuck about.

Laurie Goulding stated that Russ could have killed Angron but he choose not to because he realised how far gone Angron was and that made the whole thing pointless.

>i.e. I can't write that Dogfucker Actual kills angron because angron needs to alive at the siege of terra so i'll just write some cop out because who gives a fuck

Nope, it literally says that the Chaos God saw that the creation of a single vessel that contains all their power was a great folly. And hence forth decided to create daemon princes loyal to them singularly. Also the codex says that sharing is anathema to the Chaos Gods.

So don't lie you piece of shit. Be'lakor is the only Undivided Daemon Prince

>Russ went in all bolshy and throwing his weight around, looking to reprimand or humble Angron. But that's like a red rag to a bull. Angron would have fought TO THE DEATH over something that Russ intended as a demonstration of authority (when he didn't really HAVE total authority, or sanction to do it). He initiated a fight, then realised that his deranged brother would be like a rabid dog, and gladly self-destruct rather than back down.

>This isn't intended to show which primarch is stronger. It's supposed to show how upsetting mental illness can be.

>Angron (and I say this as one of the biggest World Eaters fans ever) was a brain damaged, irrational monster. Russ wanted to put this upstart in his place, but instead kicked off a fight that should never have happened. When he realised this, and he saw how much damage his ill-thought-out actions could have, he walked away.

>So Angron thinks he "won". Russ could have killed all of the World Eaters and their primarch, but decided not to... mainly because he realised that he himself had been a bit of a dick about it. A moral victory, but definitely a shoddy situation that he himself initiated.

>Russ should be ashamed, and Angron should be muzzled. There's no victory here.

-Laurie Goldberg

Word of god doesn't work if you aren't god anymore!

Hope he has fun with that League of Legends lore.

Wait I thought he did Star Wars now.

Do the writers actually understand that there's a galaxy-wide war causing hundreds of thousands of deaths every day happening? Or do they think it's a fucking soap opera? Kill the crazy bastard and leave, or just blow him up from orbit if you don't have the balls for it as he apparently realised here and when fighting depowered Horus. At this point the first response to finding a planet with an enemy Legion on it should probably be cyclonic torpedoes whenever possible, they don't have enough Marines to throw away in posturing.

>baits angron into a pincer where he would simply be enveloped and destroyed if he pressed the assault, knowing the angron would do nothing other than that
>the emperor himself ordered russ and his wolves there to bring the world eaters to heel

literal fucking plot shenanigans because angron NEEDS TO BE ALIVE AT THE SIEGE OF TERRA

The event happened during the Great Crusade. Angron needed to be taught a lesson since he wasn't good at following orders and made a mess of things constantly.

they think it's a soap opera
the mystery and myth of the horus heresy has been destroyed completely by black library, gee dubs and forgeworld

I can buy Laurie saying Russ' Legion could have killed Angron, that's made pretty clear. But Angron wasn't going down before he finished off the Wolf King. As for the other World Eaters, they were steadily killing the Wolves faster, and it's silly to say they would just all die that easily.

waiting for my first raven guard to arrive

Fukkin' preorders time.
>so we're releasing stuff for the space wolves, a legion which famously doesn't use standard terminology to describe its military units & organisation
>what shall we call these bundles for this most idiosyncratic of legions?
>"close combat squad"
>"ranged attack squad"
>nailed it
Lol.

That's... not really an improvement given that somehow a reprimand turned into a full-on war between 10% of the Imperium's available plot-armoured troops and two of their eighteen smart handsome magic Ogryns that they cannot replace. This isn't magic Primarch strategy powers, this is squabbling five-year-olds.

Well, you would be bitching about SW being special snowflakes if they called them anything else, so whatever.

Actually, it's more of MP trying to put down a riot in the barracks.

>They actually released the upside down bolters

Those prices are brutal for the issues those models have.

Don't you mean that Phalanx Warders are bad? Templar Brethren are pretty decent.

The Space Wolves were fighting as one unit. Covering each other backs and supporting one and another while the World Eaters each fought on his own lost in their rage. Ultimately, the brotherhood and unity of the Space Wolves would have annihilated the World Eaters. Each World Eater would be cut off and isolated and then destroyed in similar manner to their Primarch that was surrounded by Space Wolves aiming their weapons at him.

Forgeworld is a British company, we have to get a licence to own plastic butter knives and you expect us to know about gun anatomy?

I'd expect them to be able to look at their own products for consistency

They’ve already stated they’ll be fixed upon release.

That email was made up.

Oops, yeah. My bad.

Templar Brethren are a little rough because they're 30 points a guy, don't score, and need a character attached to them to deal with 2+ armor, I think. I'd rather just take Breachers in Stone Gauntlet. But it won't kill you to take them.

But Phalanx Warders, man. They can take power axes, but that makes them 35pts each. Still no scoring, no melta bombs aside from the sergeant...

Just don't listen to the fluff section for the IF, they fucked that section up.