Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Tyranid Edition

Previous Thread: → →

DoK week
Part 1 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/
Part 2 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/
Part 3 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/21/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-3-the-melusaigw-homepage-post-3/
Part 4 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-4-the-khineraigw-homepage-post-3/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

First for Khinerai are CUTE!

anyone got the fyreslayer doomguy meme?

1st for The deceiver

Reminder that whatever buffs are applied during this event will be permanent and WILL remain after the event has ended, probably through warscroll updates on the app.

snek

how would one go about making a snow-themed base?

idk, what are we talking about here? A Snowy desert, snowy plains, snowy mountains, snowy village, snowy forest?

T-they wouldn't make a global -1 Bravery nerf permanent, right?

I liked the old horrors.

Snowy badlands, black earth, cracked rock, etc. Naggarond, basically.

me too

That user is retarded, only the genocide sword is here to stay

if its not in the Generals Handbook or a Codex no one is going to be okay with it in matched play.

Who is ready for
THE BLADE OF THE HOLOCAUST

Soon

buy some crackle paint and mix it with some black/dark grey paint or pigment. After its dry and cracked, drybrush some mid/light grey. Then you'll want to hit it with some Valhallan Blizzard or snow flock. Final details could be something like really small amounts of tan grass.

Never tried anything like that but that's my best guess

Does this mean that there will be lots of delicious aryans to rape? I can’t wait to make all the Annas and Fritz scream.

Big Fat Witch Aelf ass
Right
On
My
Face

She Thicc as fuck

Ah, I hadn't heard of Valhallan Blizzard before, that's fantastic, thanks so much.

Bloofy
BRAAAAPS
In
My
Mouth

They'll have to get the fuck over it if GW explicitly states the buffs are permanent.

Don't like the rules, don't play the game.

40k is getting new RPG - d6 based. Maybe we will get the AoS RPG preview soon?

I feel like GW shouldn't show where people are putting their votes for the campaign

then you end up rigged like konor

Dam those are sick

You mean you believe this one can't be rigged?

All bow before the army of the Dark Lord!

There's absolutely no way to know whether or not GW is being honest with these votes. They could just be ignoring all the results and making up whatever numbers they want for all we know.

you know these guys follow a smaller scale?
I guess they could work as an army of quarterlings

Reminder to go to your local store and vote for the SKULL.

REEEEEEEEEE DRAKE IS LOOSING!

Guys halp. Where can I get open hands for savage retards cheaply? I want to use them as a blood bowl team. For now I only found fitting hand in the Boarboys kit - the drummer is using no weapon so they are fine

Not really, no. Indistinguishable from Freeguild / Marauders / Glade Guard in size.

The descriptions are vague enough that there's no real need to rig it.

Reminder that skull is going to win again fuckers and is all YOUR fault

Do bravery debuffs stack? I was reading something from GW earlier and they mentioned something along the lines of

"its not unfeasible to make the enemy have a bravery of 1 and run away screaming in terror" and was curious how that was done.

I've never seen anyone mention a "bravery bomb" of any sort

Sure, but it's slightly more difficult and far less rage inducing if done this way

You could try Ork Shoota Boy hands, they might fit

>thinking anything other than the skull is worthy enough

I would help, but I don't have any participating stores near me. Let alone stores that play AoS.

Death have ways to do it, particularly now that they can give an additional -2 during Malignant Portents
Than you take out the Terrorgheist and the Banshees and kill your opponent out of Bravery-related mortal wounds

pls respond

>Indistinguishable from Freeguild / Marauders / Glade Guard in size.

You absolutely can tell them apart. GW's main lines were sculpted with 'heroic proportions', so the heads, hands, and weapons are all larger than they should be. LotR was not only a smaller scale (25mm vs 28mm) but sculpted more realistically. I was around when the LotR Strategy Game first came out and saw people trying to use the models in fantasy; they just look weird and shrunken by comparison.

Sure thing, senpai.

I'm more referring to how people are unmotivated in voting because you either follow the trend or throw the vote

>Start Death themed campaign.
>Lots of people start Death themed armies.
>Vote for Death themed symbol.
>Death themed symbol wins everytime.
FFS end the suffering.

none of those are GW heroic scale

This?

>LotR model standing upright
>WHFB model standing hunched over

It's your money m8, do what you like, but I've seen it done and it always looks rubbish.

Oh fuck user, you are right. They are quite ugly but should do the trick. Smart git you are

This is one I was looking for, but no its the fyreslayer from the old doomguy comic screaming they have wronged us

So there's no way to just drop a units bravery to 1 through stacking debuffs?

For example, dropping a larger units bravery low enough to where killing 1 model will probably makes loads of them flee?

Just finished my Lord Ordinator. Voted for Drake.

I hope you guys also voted drake. Right?

The difference between 25mm and 28mm is negligible. Likewise, LotR wasn't even consistently one scale as ranged from 25mm to closer to 32mm through its releases.

that face

get ready for the bone zone, sigmarite

Why did you turn your Lord Ordinator into Uncle Rukus?

Well, it always depends on how many they are losing to begin with, but sure, with Death it's possible to do it, even though it's hardly the most effective tactic
This week non Death units have -1 Bravery and an additional -1 if near a Knights of Shrouds. Necromancers can take a spell for an additional -1 that, if rolled on an unmodified 9+, acts twice. Basically every unit can take a standard that gives an additional -1, and I'm most likely forgetting something

Man if death wins by a landslide again I'm gonna stop seeing the reason of even participating. Cause at this point the narrative is becoming more and more one-sided and doesn't seem like it's gonna start getting any more better.

Won today with BCR and voted drake :^)

>Every time a Sigmarine votes for drake one player of EVERY other faction votes for skull

T-thank you, boys.

sure thing, go ahead, fit perfectly

This.

That Easterling in the previous picture is almost the same size as an AoS dwarf. If you want to use them, just play LotR with some people. It's actually a really good game anyway.

I guarantee you that LotR models will look absolutely retarded mixed in with AoS stuff.

This time it's not Death, though, it's gobbos though I wouldn't be surprised if people barely able to read are just going to assume "Skull = Death"

event rules you printed from a website aint going to be good to go friend.

>Easterling is slightly taller than a Fyreslayer model ignoring its crest that Freeguild guard are slightly taller than ignoring its crest

I read it and didn't recognize it as gobbos, just because it made no reference to them other than mentioning a Lunaghast which I've never heard of before, then again I know nothing about grot lore so *shrug*

Lunaghast is the creation of Nagash, try reading the whole plot for this week

Nighthaunt user here. Talked to one of my friends. He says I should either commit to Nighthaunt or I should take advantage of LoN fully. I'm not too sure what he means by the last part, but I ended up swapping a squad of dogs for 20 skeletons with swords, and put in a vampire instead of one of the necromancers. That's partially because I want to convert up a vampire. I think out of the few lists I've theorized, this one might work the best. Maybe. I'm just shooting for 1000pts after all.

The issue runs into the Knight of Shrouds, really. If I was pure nighthaunt, he's the best general I have. But in LoN I have much better options. So should I just do spooks n skulls over just spooks, I suppose? The Knight is still just a 5 wound hero at the end of the day, and can't take anything to protect himself or anything.

What do you think Veeky Forums? Is my plan flawed from the get go?

Thank you, don't really know where to find the full plot stuff, only what each option is about on the website

I play BCR too, why'd you pick drake?

Not sure what to pick. Don't imagine eye, since in my view BCR aren't backstabbing or petty. Maybe they want knowledge on where food is or on the nature of the ever winter. Maybe they want vengeance against a foe?

Reminder Sauron and all his forces would be order.

At this point, we don't really give a shit. Also
>skeletons with swords
lmao

High five

Reminder that Sauron is like a sweet little kitten compared to the Chaos gods and their followers

Just sort of felt like it this week, I voted death last week as I thought it roughly fit in with the BCR's no magic thing

>Lunaghast

Why can't they make good names for anything anymore?

I was told that was best if I wasn't doing 40 man blobs :c

>AOS RPG
It's been like a year with nothing im convinced it was an elaborate joke

what would you have called it?

if you use real words you can't copyright them.
Also makes it harder for third parties to sell products that have similar names.

I guarantee you it's gonna be something German or Latin

Probably anything at all other than Moonspook.

this

until its in a battletome or the next edition of the Genrals Handbook then its only for super fluffy casual games, not matched play, or tournaments.

>but the web site said my guy had the uptimate death sword for free and all your stuff is perma -1 bravery

fuck off with that noise unless its a strictly casual narrative game

you're right, they should've named it something vaguely German and thrown a potato-sack on it.

>something German or Latin
Well, Lunaghast is Latin+Old English. So the official one already more or less is.

Literally anything but Moonaghost. Shit, Nagash is from Khemri originally, right? Maybe something Egyptian-inspired.

Anyone who hasn't read Hammerhall probably should before spouting nonsense about AoS not having lore or needing to keep WFB factions together. I hope that moving forward we see a good, healthy mix of LoN-soup style books as well as independant battletomes that take unique concepts and run with them.

That being said, from last thread's clusterfuck about dark elves... I'm building a different army right now, but Darklings will be my next, barring a freak release of a full Lion Rangers army. I think, while there's not much in-deptg lore for them, they're pretty self-explanatory- you have a coven of sorceresses, and their personal thrall army, which is meticulously drilled and organized, not -entirely- under its own will, and representative of the hubris of the Sorceresses, who clearly see themselves as queens as much as wizards.

That's not an answer. What would you have called it?

Yeah, you can use that excuse up until the update the warscrolls with the new stuff

I'm reading Hammerhal rigjt now and so many faggots are so hung up about Stormcasts and there being no lore where those very same books with Stormcast constantly provide lore and flesh out the world

>people actually defending the lawyerspeak names

Come on, guys. Liking something doesn't mean you have to force yourself to pretend everything about it is 100% great all the time.

I'm just happy that Dispossessed got noticed by GW in the book.
Likely the only time they will ever be featured.

>read books about Stormcast

pass

It's bog-standard fantasy naming. It's nothing to get worked up over or complain about at this point

Morbidio Moonskull, The Sphere of Secrets

Wow what a shit name, how embarrassing