Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Holocaust Sword Edition

Previous Thread: DoK week
Part 1 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/
Part 2 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/
Part 3 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/21/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-3-the-melusaigw-homepage-post-3/
Part 4 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-4-the-khineraigw-homepage-post-3/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

malignportents.com/story/trespassers-land-mist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Big Fat Witch Aelf Ass
Right
On
My
Fucking
Face

Let it be known.

I finally picked a fucking army.

And it wasn't Dispossessed or Fyreslayers.

Was it Grots?

Reminder that Warhammer is now Majora's Mask.

Splitcap, deffcap, grinnin moon. Give to me yer bestest boon.

>implying any GW character ever hasn't just been some cliche
>implying the uglyface female aesthetic GW got going is in any way better than sexualizing females would be
>implying Ally's thicc thighs aren't sexualized as fuck
Fucking German dermatologist playing Warhammer, I swear

>I don't want to politicize a hobby... But I'm going to do it anyway
Fuck I don't mind female figures in games and fiction, but I do mind the agenda and reasoning behind it being entirely inclusion.

Luckily for this jackass the DoK makes fucking sense for being mostly women, and this isn't some female space Marines bullshit... yet.

That will truly be there say when I know GW has gone the way of Marvel levels of lost, when we get femmarines.

The stormcast characters doesn't count.

>The stormcast characters doesn't count.
Exactly. With Stormcast they never claimed they were female-only. In fact, dead Heroes being not just dudes makes sense.

But FemMarines would be contradicting decades of fluff (and they'd be shitting on SoB) so that would be the line that must not be crossed in their effort to be inclusive.

But yeah, I agree with you. Female characters are fine, so long as they aren't shoved in just to virtue-signal.

Why won't these idiots realize that these female models are there because they make sense in the lore and are there because of the story, and not because of some equal representation political inclusion bullshit?

I gotta think GW keeps getting feedback like this, and just rolls with it to look good to the sjw's because they really haven't been doing anything different.

>releases plastic sisters
>You go GW! Make a faction that shows women can make war just as good as any man!
>Uh- ok. Yeah sure. That was the reason. Yeah

So I was reading Hammerhal and it said the sky in the realm of life was green.
What does the sky look like in the other realms?
Is it always outerspace in Azyr?

This nigga gets it.

I love the dok models coming out, but feminists claiming they're a victory over the patriarchy rather than just a continuation of a really old idea drives me to not like it, and I don't like that.

No, sorry to burst your bubble. Ton of the lead designers are sjw's and while DoK being women DOES make sense in the context of the plot, the very fact that they got a attletome instead of, oh, Grots, was very much calculated to make the game more diverse. Why do you think the clearly feminine Sylvaneth got a release as early as they did?

I think it's blue with white clouds when you're in the actual realm and starry when you're on Siggy's space station.

Yeah, we've actually seen it.

"Outer space" in AoS is called the aetheric void, and it's not a vacuum like we know our space to be. It's just wild untamed magic, but kinda like the warp, except chaos does not reside in it completely, and there is no means of travel through it except through the portals. There have been hints some KO ships make the journeys, but nothing really solid

You can actually see a bunch here.

I honestly doubt that's the case

>the very fact that they got a attletome instead of, oh, Grots, was very much calculated to make the game more diverse
Or maybe because they know that sexy elves and monster girls sells better than goblins

Same here. I've no problem with females being included in Warhammer (I play Dark Eldar and Dark Elves so I've got a decent amount in both armies) or anything else but God damn, when anything female is paraded around as a victory over men it just turns me off of them. Maybe it's petty and immature but it makes me dislike the people that spout such things even more and make me more resistant to being open to them. Change can come about naturally and at a decent pace, not forced instantly on something. That's a good way to breed anger and resentment in the people that already are invested in the product.

I can understand some of the staff being sjw's, but I'm calling bullshit on everything else

>It's not the faction I wanted, so it's all the she fault!

>women characters who aren't romanticized and sexualized
It's fine for men characters
>women who don't wholly represent some trope and don't fit in a specific box of feminine
It's fine for men to represent some trope and fit in a specific box of masculine

I hate double standards.

What if those new Primaris Marines are not male-only?

Then there would be femmarines, and the message from gw would be clear

Stop projecting, sweetie. I, for one, am looking forward to Doomfire Warlocks on oval bases and snek girls.

>half naked criminal women gullible enough to worship a fucking elf male even when dead only so that a single mother could receive more returns than the ones she already got leeching from the work of other fucking elven males
yass, positive representation, sslay

Read their fluff. They're just Space Marines with three more organs shoved inside. So the first condition for making a Primarine is having a finished Space Marine, who are male-only.

I said to my LFGS owner I was interested in starting AOS, he then proceeded to give me his stormcast that he said he gave up on before moving to Slyvaneth.

But I'm liking the look of snake girls, if I combine them into a single army do I lose bonuses or something?

ITT: I'm okay with SJWs and cultural marxism as long as it's a slow boil and they don't make Space Marines girls (for now)

t. a bunch of frogs in various pans

If you think plastic squigs wouldn't sell like crazy you have no idea.

good god, aosg is really just mindless racism and shit posting anymore

You don't lose bonuses, you just get different ones.

You pick an Allegiance Ability. Usually this would be either the Stormcast or Daughters of Khaine ability set, but if you combine both into one army, you get the generic Order bonuses, which are still nice, they're just not as specific to either army.

Or you just pick one and ally in the other, then you get to keep the specialized Allegiance while the allies are just doing their own thing.

t. /pol/tard trying desperately to stir up shit

It comes in waves. Some days /pol/ is out in full force, others you barely notice them.
It's gotten a lot worse since Trump, though.

It was never good to begin with. The best period was when the guy with the silver Sigmarines on red square bases frequently posted his stuff, but people unironically (?) memed on him too much or something. Then the guy with the blonde dark elves tried and got memed on even worse, though he was a little stubborn in critique imho. The amount of pics of actual minis are a good indicator of the healthyness of the GW generals imho.
Now /pol/ did what /whfb/ and slaves couldn't do and ruined it for good, because of a female faction and their insecurities.

I think the only reason other than "to see the neckbeards have aneurysms" you'll ever see is "because I have a muscle girl fetish"

Yeah, square-base guy, those were the good days. Then again, as soon as the next army is released, /pol/ will find something else to whine about, so we can just weather the storm until then.

yeah, but just look at OP
how is a sword with shitty photo david stars a "holocaust sword"

when did death become a jew faction to begin with?!
(not that stormcasts - as much as i don't like them - are jew related aside the memes in any way)
it's just... exhausting

Soon

Oh, that's anti-Semitic bullshit, stemming from the fact that that model got a sword powered by the murdered souls of Seers.

>when did death become a jew faction to begin with?!
when a few days ago the genocide of most seers and prophets advanced the agenda of nagash?

and that's history repeating because all jews a seers?!

no, it's because the jewish faction rose to power from the genocide of others

Because Death got a new relic called the Genocide Sword and stormweenies just ran with it.

Also, "clearly" all factions are jew factions because GW are still a company that wants to make money while being the tiniest bit politically correct and that, of course, must be because of da jooz.

It is exhausting, but I'd rather report and ignore some stormweenies each thread than talk about AoS on a hugbox like Reddit or Facebook.

It's called Balefire Sword. The whole genocide/holocaust thing is a Veeky Forums thing

>more posts get deleted than the ones that get made

quick /aosg/, fend off the ethnic replacement of aos culture by creating the most aos-related name possible and writing a few lines of fluff to explain what, or who, exactly that is in the mortal realms.
lets increase posts count.

Politicalization is escalating exponentially. One side decides to do something political with something which sets off the other side to do something more grand. The 2016 US election jump started this set of reactions into massive waves hitting each other. This will most likely end with the collapse of politics as we know it and lead to a future of extreme polarization and possible separation of each side of the aisle. Whether this will lead to good or bad is unknown.

Side note: what's the cheapest way to build a 1000 point KO army? I'd like to invest in a stable AoS army in addition to my current Legacy GHB army.

>He did not read the blade.

All this rounding up of (((seers))) has made me respect Nagash a lot more. Hopefully stormcast end up losing a bunch of cities and realms as a result.

Fingers crossed for the conclusion of the grot story today. We need to see what happened to those brave little dudes down in the valley.

Well, from my point of view, American politics have always been quite polarizing, since there's basically only two parties, so each of them represents (among others) a violent, radical part and those have been getting louder and louder.

As for the KO, I'd say grab a Start Collecting and an Aether Khemist and fill the rest with Arkanaut Company.

No, just edgy fucks being edgy.

huh?

#
Nagash worshipping Ghouls?

chaos marauders?

Stella-skula

A mass of skulls from multiple races formed into the shape of a skull that floats between realms collecting lost skulls as it moves along.
Some claim it is a natural phenomenon caused by a strange attraction of similar objects in the aetheric void, others claim it to be a manifestation of Khorne. Most agree however that to see it spells a dreadful omen for the viewer.

Nice, I might steal this for my death fluff.

Rules question. I charge enemy unit, we are in combat, no other units in combat with this unit. Enemy may pile-in 3'' towards nearest enemy, but must this be the nearest enemy IN COMBAT with them, or towards a closer enemy model NOT in combat with them? i.e. they pile in away from my unit that charged into them, towards something say 4'' away but not in combat?

RAW closest enemy model
RAI the enemy unit that is within 3" of the friendly unit

Remember that a unit must finish any sort of move with each model within 1" of another model from the unit (second paragraph of "warscrolls and units", first page) so moving models in such a manner would likely end up splitting the unit.

Skullhouse Awesome is said to be a structure from the world that was. Records throughout history indicated that the lone building has manifested throughout the realms. It never stay in the same place for long and vanishes as soon as Hysh casts its rays on it. This has given birth to many different cautionary folktales of children entering the Skullhouse Awesome on a foolish errand and most are never seen again.

Many wizards have dedicated their lives to divine where the house will manifest next so that they may claim its secrets. Only the mythical mage Kranium Belmont is said to have actually succeeded in this task. However, after exiting Skullhouse Awesome he too disappeared after being touched by the rays of Hysh. Ever since then there has been scattered tales of Kranium Belmont being sighted all over the realms in a half mad state only to vanish come morning. It is said that yet to this day he is still searching for Skullhouse Awesome in hope to either break the curse or to simply make home in the only place that would have him.

Nope! malignportents.com/story/trespassers-land-mist/ Morathi time!

So it was a legal move? Not sure I understood your second sentence - yes it can move towards the not-in-combat unit if it is closer?

The enemy unit was 40 models so plenty of room for keeping in coherency.

What sound does a stormcast's roflcopter make?

>Glowing torches were held aloft by lumbering skeletal giants, their slow strides keeping pace with Deathrattle spearmen marching in tight lines.
GW fucking please, you killed them, stop teasing me.

Maybe this is a portent of skeleton giants making a return this year?

>Morathi the Shadow Queen rose into the sky, unveiled in her full and horrifying glory.

>Her half-serpentine form towered above the Necromancers’ palanquin, her formerly lustrous hair now a hissing bed of snakes. Her massive tail lashed out and snatched Rhedgar into the air. The Black Disciple screamed as he was enveloped in shimmering scales.

>'Brother!’ screamed Lhusim, but it was too late. The coils constricted violently, and Rhedgar’s skull burst in a shower of crimson. Morathi hurled his crushed form aside, and rushed forward at the palanquin with a deafening screech of fury.

If I wanted to play a pure Vampire army which would be the better option? Using the Legion of Blood (which would require 15 wolves) or a Soulblight army?

>Morathi lowered the tip of her spear to rest upon Lhusim’s chest.

>'Mend this one’s flesh and have him brought to my chambers,’ she said. ‘We have much to discuss, before I tear out his beating heart.’

>The sword of Hezeriam
A sword the once belonged to a mighty king during the age of myth, it is said to be powerful enough to split the sky. But legend tells that Sigmar himself took the sword to slay a mighty god beast, and that is was lost when it was inbedded in the beast as it retreated into the void between the realms

What else lives in the realm of shadow? Just a bunch of snek elfs?

Your dudes live there if you say that they hail from Ulgu

We don't exactly know yet, but Malerion and his elves live there too.

The BlackTyde.

A supernatural body of water which follows some Aelves of Ulgu throughout the realms. These sea Aelves fear it, but also see it as a manifestation of their God and use it to their advantage against their foes.

Order faction of course.

Why rip off Beastclaw Raiders so obviously?

At this point, it's complaining about female chars that's virtue-signalling.

All of my seraphon are female, as established by the canonic lizardmen movie JP.

>Change can come about naturally and at a decent pace, not forced instantly on something

Yeah. Just look at the French! They'd have given it's common folk a break, the revolution was totally uncalled for. Just wait another millenium or two!

That's the movie with Stormcast Goldblum, right?

rules as written I guess it is maybe legal but I doubt most people would let it fly in a game. As written coherency requires 1" to at least one other model so theoretically even during the movement phase you could split a unit so long as they are all in groups of two or more, but nobody in their right mind thinks that is the way the rules intended to be interpreted.

Indeed. With his famous quote "Azyr will, uh, find a way" after he caves in the fat nurgling's head (played by Wayne K.)

lmao

>Many elves are killed by a little Deathrattle contingent, only winning because of home advantage and surprise attacks
>Morathi would have been killed by a black disciple among many, if it wasn't for her Slaaneshi transformation
Why should we be afraid of them, again?

>the revolution was totally uncalled for
It literally was though.

The Revolution was entirely justified. The subsequent massacres and purges less so.

As opposed to massacres, petty cruelties and depredation of the mighty on the people across ages?

>Slaughtering people who's only crime was to be born with more money than you is justified because of crimes committed by entirely different people tied into political institutions

Great! good to know you'll all be eager to join the next one.

Didn't it just lead up to different assholes running the country instead and giving Napoleon the opportunity to try to take over the world?

I do remember remember that he had some interesting theories on Chaos as well.

Should I start DoK or wait till the deep sea aelves are released one to two months after dok?

I would wait if you really like elfs. There are 3 more factions coming soon for AOS (1 elf, 2 other).

Thanks mate used to play wood elves so I have been looking foward to the Aelves getting up to date factions for Sigmar since the game started. I almost broke and bought the wood spirit army.

Given that trump himself is basically the world's largest and most outspoken reaction to leftist overreach, it's pretty rich to blame him.

You're blaming the symptom.

GW have alluded that there will be 4 elven factions in total:
>snake elfs (coming in 2 weeks or so)
>malerions shadow elfs (tbc, these might be the sea elfs)
>sylvaneth (already available)
>realm of light elfs (these might tbe the sea-elfs)

Hoping for a Slaanesh release this year. I run slaves to darkness all cavalry army on drugged up gold plated horses and could do with more toys.

I'm waiting. A brand new faction like KO and one based underwater is just too interesting. I think they'll come sooner than later too. I don't think 40k are getting any major releases for a while.

To be fair, symptoms can aggravate a disease that was initially kept under control

>leftist overreach

"Leftist overreach" is a term peculiar to wildly rightwing online publications.

Congratulations /pol/ster, you just outed yourself.

Skull's winning, lads.

>trump is basically the reaction to leftist overreach
Trump is a fuckin leftist himself same as alt-right cukcs - the horseshoe has spoken