EDH / Commander General

Kaalia wishes she was an angel-demon edition

Previously: → →

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Unofficial and new, but has GOAT search interface and updates on time.
scryfall.com

>Thread Question
Should Wizards print a Masters set for the commander set specifically?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-02-18-voltron/?cb=1519385130
amazon.de/Ultra-Pro-84722-Pro-Binder-Kartenspiel/dp/B01DA81HYQ/ref=nav_signin?ie=UTF8&qid=1519307664&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=ultra pro deck builder's premium&
amazon.it/Ultimate-Guard-Pocket-ZipFolio-XenoSkin/dp/B016CWHW4G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1519339248&sr=8-5&keywords=ultimate guard 8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tastiest target for a turn 1 Entomb?

>Should Wizards print a Masters set for the commander set specifically?
You mean Commander Anthology?

Because they did that already.

Master of Cruelties.

Does anyone ever entomb a card thats not a creature? Only time I've done so was with unburial rites for some flashback shenanigans. To answer your question though I love my white bombs like avacyn and elesh.

Omen Machine,
Reaper King scrap crawler combo inbound

I meant boosters. Guess I worded it poorly?

>clear everyone's board with Grave Pact then die to my Dark Prophecy triggers
I fucking love this deck.

I mean today these said future masters sets will have a theme rather than being based on format, but since it is wizards there is a good chance they reverse that decision within a year.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-02-18-voltron/?cb=1519385130

Is there any super spicy tech I'm missing?

Holy shit I’d deal out some cash for a khalia with art like that.

>Thread Question:
I think so. It would include good commander cards for a lower price than the anthology. It’d make higher level commander play more accessible to more casual players, and getting more people into commander is a good thing.

That art sucks nigger dicks

actually like this art, and i usually hate anime alter shit. maybe its cause kaalias default art is so bad

Is this XMage taking a shit on me?

== FUCKING KAALIAFAGS GET OUT ==

Just destroy Yahenni every turn.

Will this binder fit a regular Eastpack backpack or is it HUEG?

It's the Ultra Pro Deck Builder's Premium
amazon.de/Ultra-Pro-84722-Pro-Binder-Kartenspiel/dp/B01DA81HYQ/ref=nav_signin?ie=UTF8&qid=1519307664&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=ultra pro deck builder's premium&

Otherwise I was thinking about the Ultimate Guard Zipfolio 8 which is more compact but I don't know if I like the vertical style.
amazon.it/Ultimate-Guard-Pocket-ZipFolio-XenoSkin/dp/B016CWHW4G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1519339248&sr=8-5&keywords=ultimate guard 8

I'd like to have rows of 4, I don't have a binder yet and would like to put my rarest stuff in one.

The 12 pocket is unreasonably large. The 8-pocket is within reason.

They should be similar but the first one is not the quadrow by Ultimate guard, it's the one by Ultra Pro.

I don't really like the vertical pockets though. I dunno...

>People use High Tide in blue decks all the time
>Never once have I seen someone use Bubbling Muck in a black deck

Is it because it's a Sorcery? Like I don't get it. Or is it just an old forgotten card?

>Vertical pockets

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

It's a perfect way to save space and have rows of 4. But yeah, I don't really like it either.

So any particular reason why I should get rows of 3 over that, or even the HUEG ones with rows of 4? Or is it just the usual Veeky Forums autism against new things?

bro get a legion dragon skin one. I highly recommend it. unless you have to have one with a zipper. they're ultra thick.

I want one with a zipper and I hate the fake dragon skin thing, no offense but it's screams manchildren in a 10KM radius.

>Always play shit like Avacyn, Kira, Lightning Greaves, and Mother of Runes in decks
>Other people get assmad and don't run protection of their own
>mfw

Rows of 3 gives you 18 spaces per page with front and back. while that one only gives 16. There is also a couple other reasons, like the unstable set of contraptions makes an image with 3x3.

I would be ok if it somehow had rows of 5, this way I would be able to put a whole cycle in a single row.

I've seen people put life from the loam in the bin
Idk if that was actually a good play or not but I've seen it

>Holy shit I’d deal out some cash for a khalia with art like that.

>Rows of 3 gives you 18 spaces per page with front and back. while that one only gives 16
So?
I can simply buy another binder. I care more about having rows of 4.
>like the unstable set of contraptions makes an image with 3x3.
Don't care in the least.

The thing I want to know now is if I can fit the Deck Builder's Premium binder in my Eastpack or not.

>Never tasted a t1 Jin Gitaxias

Dude, you have posted youre deck like 4 threads in a row, if not more. wtf

>using green hideaway land
>always hit stuff like Craterhoof, Overwhelming Stampede or something fun to instant speed out like Barter in Blood or Rise From the Grave
Too easy

A Commander/EDH Masters specific set would not differ at all from Eternal and Iconic and probably 25

Sorcery is a big deal. Also, When you storm out, you most likely want to cast cards like Frantic Search and Time Spiral, other colors are added incidentally for your last tutors.

>I can simply buy another binder
If you don't care about how much space it is taking, I don't even know why you are even asking. I just thought of something that may be a small problem too, if you flip those pages, there is a chance that the card will go up and down inside the pocket, which may cause small damages to it.

>The thing I want to know now is if I can fit the Deck Builder's Premium binder in my Eastpack or not.
Well, you should have asked this then. Regular binder fits inside most bags, so it shouldn't be a problem either way.

>for commander specifically
Wouldn't it be Vintage/Legacy Masters? Other than that, cards that were in precons can be acquired via anthology.

That kind of players annoys me as hell. Just put more answers for fuck sake

>I just thought of something that may be a small problem too, if you flip those pages, there is a chance that the card will go up and down inside the pocket, which may cause small damages to it.
Perfect fits.

>Well, you should have asked this then
But I did, in my first post.
It's not a regular binder, it's the 4 row by Ultra Pro.

But user removal goes against the "spirit of the format". I shouldn't have to put answers to shit like protection in my deck when I could be playing tres epic creatures like Craw Wurm instead and turning them sideways!

>Masters set
WotC literally just announced they were going to discontinue the masters sets

>xmage

literally the shadman of magic

At least it isn't Cuckatrice.

shadman did nothing wrong

>not using untap

>using anything without rules enforcement
If I want to argue with literal retards all day I'll do it at my LGS where I can at least call a judge.

>playing Dralnu
>Red player casts Blasphemous Act
>don't have a counterspell available
>Entomb for a counter to flashback
>find Reins of Power instead
>Red player sacs 13 permanents

>WotC literally just announced they were going to discontinue the masters sets

No they didn't. They're just not going to be centered around Modern anymore. Did you even read the article?

I'm building a new deck and I want to blink things and do many hundreds of ETB triggers every game.
Do I build Brago or Roon?

>Reins of Power
That is beautiful. Love these ideas!! I always loved entomb, but have never really utilized it with such cool synergy. Love the loam idea too- unburial rites really expanded my mind on what i can entomb.

Oh yeah! You are right! Counterspell, Cyclonic Rift and other removal ar sooo un fun. They don't let you play your game! You know the rules, it says commander is about creating memorable games and not one you don't want to remember, so better replace them with that amazing Meandering Towershell. I know an amazing tech with other 5 cards from my deck. Don't worry, I have an Elvish Aberration to ramp into it.

Post Dralnu dick please.

Brago if you are at a tryhard table, roon if you just enjoy flicker fun times at a more casual pace. Get training grounds immediately for roon though.

Brago is better. He's more fun in my opinion, but your mileage may vary. If your meta is strong, you will lose with Roon. If your meta is full of whiny bitches, they will complain endlessly about Brago.

>They're just not going to be centered around Modern anymore
What. The. Fuck.

This game is dead.

I have a feeling MM25 will be complete garbage, I feel like I should buy boxes of MM17 while they still haven't skyrocketed.

Both of those anons are retards. In the article they state they're doing themes but Modern can be one of those themes. Also said themes doesn't mean cards for Modern can't be in the sets. It's still gonna be about getting cards to players and lowering prices.

I guess I'll build Brago then, my meta isn't too competitive but with Brago I can keep the cost of the manabase down and if I end up overtuning the deck I can just pick out some of the stronger cards and put in some jank.

My gf had Roon once and ended up dismantling it for a Derevi because Roon was just too cute. I take some of her cards and made a Brago deck and shit is smooth as fuck

Yeah it's about "making a good drafting experience"

Fuck draft with a rake when it comes to Masters sets to be quite honest. Masters sets should be about much needed reprints. Draftfags can suck a fucking rail spike for all I care.

Draft focus would be fine if it didn't mean really shitty rares/mythics.

This this this. A thousand times this.

Make sure to put pic related and its two friends, Rishadan Cutpurse and Rishadan Footpad

>Modern gets a pro-tour again, the format is really healthy and interest and viewership is high
>WoTC immediately unban Jace and discontinue Modern Masters
W E W
Wizards is REALLY trying their hardest to tank Modern, they must be butthurt that people like it seemingly, or maybe they're memeing themselves into the idea that modern can't sell packs again.

>We can't reprint Cavern or Snapcaster at Rare it'll ruin draft! Yeah we said we'd never print lands at Mythic but muh draft!
Draftfags will be the first to go when Garfield finally reclaims his rightful place.

>and than they came for the draftfags and it was great because the God Emperor Richard Garfield got rid of mythic rarity and no card in a standard set was above $20 ever again

Current R&D are draft cucks which is why Standard is shit right now. They need a hard reset.

Sire of Insanity

>So, the team did a lot of very careful work and thinking about the set. And one of the big early things they latched onto was, what if in addition to being a way to deliver cards players really wanted access to, it could stand on its own as a Draft format? What if we could use all these old mechanics to create a Limited experience truly unlike any other?

>Bingo. Everybody fell in love with it.

About the first Modern Masters.

So Wizards IS fucking retarded, after all.

There's basically only 2 things to do with Uril
No frills enchantment based voltron
Or Voltron but with a bunch of enchantress stuff shoved in.

If they really intend Masters sets as draft environments first and foremost why the fuck do they sell them for a much higher price than regular sets?

They're bullshitting us all.

ive said it before and ill say it again, making sets for draft hurts the game as it limits design space

>what if in addition to being a way to deliver cards players really wanted access to, it could stand on its own as a Draft format?

DRAFTFAGS GET OUT!

are unset cards still legal in commander

>We saw this first appear in Iconic Masters. That was our first swing at this new model. This was a case where I felt like the Draft format was great—and most others I spoke with who played it agreed. We executed well on that axis.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

fortunately, no

Are they for fucking real?
Did they're going to model things on Iconic Masters?
You know, the biggest disappointment in the history of Masters sets?
Are R&D just fucking retarded?

Can you explain this combo to me?

Read the article, it's amazing in its own way.

>If you weren't happy with Iconic Masters, on behalf of the team, I would like to apologize.
You fucking nigger no one cares about apologies, give people back their money, you're a corporation for fuck's sake.
Can you imagine the poor fools who paid 230 per box?

Brago if your meta doesn't mind winning through infinites because that's the only reasonable way to win with Brago
Roon if you want to win by grinding out value and finishing with combat damage
Both will have elements of control

>thinking for a moment that iconic masters was any good outside of a few reprints like Mana Drain and Flusterstorm

>Can you imagine the poor fools who paid 230 per box?

>owner of my LGS tried to convince me into buying a box
>just bought a Mana Drain when it dropped as low as it'd go cause it's all I wanted
>saved $180 plus tax
I'd say I feel bad but I knew that shit was a bomb and I'd rather pay $50 for a single card than buy a box worth fucking nothing. At least when I bought MM17 boxes I got fetches along with my Snapcasters.

Same poster? Do you not know that /edhg/ is now /mtgpol/? Because all Magic threads are /mtgpol/ now.

Either way, both of these are spot on. I prefer enchantress voltron for Uril because it has a better plan B. (Although if any commander can do without a plan B, it's Uril.) I'd rather build Roon for blink.dec because you get a lot of ETB value in green, and save Brago for a stax list.

>implying Veeky Forums didn't tell UnsleevedCucks fans to fuck off

To be honest MM17 was kind of shitty too.
In the first box all I got were 2 Damnation, 1 Goblin Guide, 2 Abrupt Decay and 1 Verdant Catacombs. That's like 90 eurobucks.
The second box was much better but still fell short from reaching the price.

I don't think anyone has legitimately tried to argue that removal was against the spirit if the format.

Pillowfort fags disagree

>0 replies
>repost next thread
What is so strange?

Is there any way to stop someone from comboing off once Autumn's Veil has resolved or is it pic related

But Garfield drafts bruh

What if i told you you're not meant to make money on boxes?

>Buy a box of MTG boosters.
>Total worth of cards inside is less than what a retailer who has to pay for labor and a storefront charges for them as singles.
>BAWWWWWW

Do you really have this little understanding of business and/or economics?

Mindbreak trap

You have Grave Titan so why not also this and Ashnod's Alter?

Retards of MTG in a nutshell

"ERMUHHGURRD DA GAME IZ DEAD BRUH"

"IMMA BUY MORE BOXES BEFORE THEY GET EXPENSIVE!"

>Nim Deathmantle
my pet card

Silence effects
Kill their combo pieces
Angel's grace
Win the game in response.

What if I told you people pay a premium for these boxes?
I guess I should pay that premium to have fun with my non existing friends while drafting with garbage cards :^)
What are you talking about? Wizards sells cardboard, not stocks. If they sell for a premium price I expect to get a premium product.

Who is worse a U/R player or a U/G player
>Bazinga vs wubba lubba dub dub

Yes, it's better to get that Liliana playset for 400 instead.

>Who is worse
a player complaining of other players for the colors and cards they play

Paying a premium to not buy singles.
Cool beans nig-nog.