...has Forge World ever redone a model?

...has Forge World ever redone a model?

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Space-Wolves-Legion-Praetor-2018
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Warhound Titan and Thunderhawk both spring to mind, but they were originally scratch-built masters which eventually broke down to the point that they couldn't be recast and, in the case of the Thunderhawk, redesigned in CAD for it's most recent rerelease.

Valdor started as a CAD model so when the master model inevitably breaks down, they can just print a new one from the source files. You're stuck with him. Forever.

Yeah but like, what if the model is just complete ass?

Forever.

whats wrong with the valdor model?

I see that this model is fucking hideous, but why is this thing in particular getting so much publicity? Did someone make an autistic youtube rant about it or something?

Partly, it's that it's so hideously overwrought that it hurts to look at. Partly, it's off model from Valdor's traditional look.

I think Forge World knew that going in, however, because their generic Shield-Captain looks exactly like this, minus the mohawk.

They should have stopped designing well before they actually did.

Can't you just use pic related as Constantine? It looks much closer to how he looks like in artworks.

It's le "overdesigned xdXdXD" meme striking again

Give him a headswap and ye maybe

I agree that its very heavy on the detail, but isnt that the point with custodes?

personally I like it, looks like a white lion from WFB with the axe and pelt

Some GW models benefit from being a bit busy (Mechanicus stuff springs to mind as an example).

Valdor on the other hand is a bit of a mess. Your eye isn't really drawn anywhere and his silhouette is very indistinct. He's far too busy and it really detracts from the overall model.

Compare with something like Horus, he has a similar level of detail but your eyes are immediately drawn to the face as a focal point.
You then see the other details like the wolf pelt, the eye motifs, the armour trim etc. but they're spaced well and so are easily distinguishable from each other.
His pose also makes it very clear what he is supposed to be doing, signalling troops to advance.

He is much more toned down in art.

Who put Xenos filth in charge of protecting The Emperor?

Horus model is so fucking beautiful. It is easily among the best models FW have ever made.

I think vulcan is better

Guilliman a best

I hope when (if?) they eventually do an Emperor model their bases slot together in a diorama like Fulgrim and Ferrus

Magnus and Russ even, misremembered.

I'm a big fan of their Alpharius model

That's ugly as sin, OP.

That's exactly what I intend to do. There's a perfectly good mohawk head in the Custodian Guard box.

Those spots of rust on his halberd look extra heretical...

Looks like a giant baby.

You're a giant baby.

Its too cluttered and his head looks retarded. Just breaking it down
>Armour has tons of little details on it which clutter up the model
>Left side (viewer's right) has that wolf pelt and a weird animal head
>Right side has a ton of fucking wings, that rope, and the purity seals
>Crotch region has that giant fucking belt buckle, the crotch tabbard thing, and that aquila hanging by his dick
>Head looks like a 60 year old woman with a mohawk (not cluttered, just dumb)

I like the power bardiche looking weapon, and the lower legs are fine, but the less detailed legs are actually an issue with the whole model as their relative simplicity detracts from the excessive detail found throughout the rest of the model.

It's hilarious that this is the better option. Custodes models in general look shit because their proportions are terrible. Op's pic is better proportioned and the head doesnt look as retarded, but the design is just ridiculous. Awful range of models outside of their vehicles.

Didn't they do Sigismund twice?

>vulcan
It's Vulkan REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's Omegon.

>not getting the dual kit.

My favourite description of it so far was that he looks like an Eldar drag queen whose wig has fallen off.

I'm so glad Dorn turned out so well

Fulgrim and Ferrus also fit together.

Yes, the 2nd post mentioned that you fucking chomsky honk.

what? That was the first post, and the he said he had misremembered, I was trying to be helpful.

Why bother reading things properly if you can just get mad eh?

I want to greenstuff a mustache on him

dreadnaught drop pod

I believe none of the old tau flyers are sold anymore just new updates.

I was actually disgusted by his lack of moustache
Then I remembered all official art had him cleanshaven, it was all fan art that gave him facial hair.
But then I also remembered the exact same thing happened with Leman Russ, and so concluded FW doesn't know how to sculpt facial hair because they've never had to, and don't want to start now, so they're happy with making the primarchs less visually distinct.

I mean, they are siblings, so them looking slightly similar isn't the worst thing in the world.

>and so concluded FW doesn't know how to sculpt facial hair
The only primarch with facial hair is Jagathai Kahn.
At least if you go by John Blanche's original art for them. Which is GW's golden cow and they are doing well not to fuck with his designs. Just look at what happened to AoS. Even though they based Stormcast on a few old sketches most of the new models, especially the chaos ones are complete abortions.

ixion hale and the space wolf legion units have facial hair though

Was there ever anything in canon to suggest Dorn had facial hair?

I like Valdors model

No but a guy called Aerion the Faithful, who was pretty prolific in the online community at the time, did a series of portraits of the Primarchs that influenced common perceptions of them.
The friendly muttonchops look that you see associated with Dorn these days was his idea.

>t.age of shitmar fan

For gods sake, I'll take stripper kitten over this

I believe they just pulled some of the HH space wolf models for a redesign after some controversy regarding the quality of the models.

They did not. Seems that was just someone talking shit on here.

At the very least the pulled the close ups and pics of the pieces for the Varagyr. They are still in preorders tho.

I thought they pulled the space wolf commander guy? I don't know I don't follow it too much.

It seems pretty unlikely they would pull models from production for poor quality that late. It's not like they just appear out of nowhere, they'd have been seen by everyone up and down the product chain by the time they are producing molds.

If they did, they should redo Fulgrim's face and give Guilliman the option for a helmet. One of his Suzerain helmets with the winged aquilla face.

The Primarchs are intentionally all look same. The person who sculpted Dorn used another primarch's head as the base, sculpted hair on it, and called it a day. This is also why they won't put out helmets it appears.

>This is also why they won't put out helmets it appears.
if plastic calgar is roughly the same scale as the other primarchs you could at least use that as a basis. Mk7 on a HH dude would be an anachronism though.

At the same time kind of funny the Primarchs helmet is based on Mk7 and not the primaris armor.

Guilliman actually looks pretty good with a Suzerain helmet.

Why does FW always fuck up the face?

Nah, he's still there.
forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Space-Wolves-Legion-Praetor-2018

it's a shame Gabe's face looks like a potato because the rest of the model is pretty great. admittedly he looked fairly retarded in the DoW 3 cutscenes too.

That is beyond fivehead, it is sixhead.