User, what would be so special about your spaceship?

user, what would be so special about your spaceship?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q68AAT34MbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The whores

Men, (males), milfs, lolis, from all over the galaxy

A sick-ass secret human handshake
youtu.be/Q68AAT34MbQ

This looks familiar, is it that anime about people racing in space-ship-thingies? I can't remember the name of it

Oban Star Racers, correct!

It would be a rusted out pile of junk, but very comfy.

It would also have the largest, most powerful engines the frame could handle and a spine-mounted artillery cannon strapped to the top.

user, ya makin me feel dorky, wanna join?

Tomorrow, if the thread is still up.

I got work tonight and need to go to bed, but I'll be compiling characters on my downtime. It's supposed to be a pretty slow week.

horray for sci-fi wank!

That show was fucking great

Demiplanes

A subspace drive that's more compact than science was supposed to allow.
They got the ship from a space pirate that was/is secretly working for a fey king from the realm of dreams, which is actually what subspace is, unbeknownst to most. Every time a ship makes that jump it punches into the Horned King's domain.

Having one.

Mine only seats one

Thats quite an interesting idea actually, like REALLY interesting, obviously travelling through someone elses world to get somewhere else has been done but not like that, i like it.
);

Also Art thread?

An experimental and highly illegal modification to the warp drive allows the ship to generate Penrose thunderbolts. Sometimes it can even aim them.

A large board game club with games,books and minis all over the galaxy.

The ships AI is not a true AI but the mind of a person permanently liked to the ship via their brain and spinal column and their nervous system connected to ship systems while artifical organs and hormones keep the brain functioning as if it were inside a human body

I'm pretty sure this is the premise of an old sci-fi novel.

I'm pretty sure it is. a brain in a jar is as old as sci-fi itself.

It’s made of people.

>soyship

It's a whole series of novels by Anne McCaffrey, where people that are either born or become permanently severely disabled ( or are too badly ingured to survive anyother way) can chose to have their brain/cns/etc., placed within a life-support system that can then control various complex constructs (starships, space stations, etc.) as if they were their own body.

They are huge because huge is more efficient in space. Huge size help to dissipate heat and have more fusion fuel. Even if 90% of it is fuel, the habitable area is of the size of a city with a couple hundred thousand people in it. The ship is completely autonomous with manufacturing and self-repair capabilities and of course an AI overseer. Because it expected to travel at 60,000 kilometers a second between solar system, it has powerful infrared radars gamma lasers to detect and vaporize anything that can't be stopped by the self-repairing frontal shield made with nanomaterials stronger than diamond.

I would hire aliens that see in the UV spectrum to paint the outside of it so it looks awful to people with regular visions.

Fuck ton of armor, focuses on rather low tech weaponry like ballistic weapons and missiles opposed to energy based armanents, covered from front to back in point defense flak cannons and originally designed and built to fight things stronger toe to toe before shields were ever a thing.

Basically a flying brick with guns on it.

I've read some of those- they're okay right up until the whole inevitable 'get out of the can for some of that sweet pilot D' or whatever garbage romance.
McCaffrey's stuff always goes for fucking shit as soon as the romance comes into play. The Pern books for example, interesting start aaaaaand nevermind it's time to focus on telepathic dragons and boning.

One of the cargo pods hides the upper half of a mecha that can flip out and attack stuff. It's called the Centaur. It's crewed by a gang of space pirates from Alpha Centauri It's not in any actual game I'm a part of, I just think it's a cool idea

It's a portal hub, with a portal factory, and made of a scrap of my home planet for that "home away from home" feel.

It contains no electronics. All controls, navigation, etc. is fully mechanical. Essential systems are driven via a standardized system of cables and pulleys for easy replacement during battle. The more complicated fiddly bits such as engine, reactor, and weapons control are controlled by microfluidic and chemical circuits. All parts are made out of non-magnetic materials.

The ship is completely immune to ECM warfare, and its shielding is highly effective against energy weapons. It's able to operate in extremely high magnetic fields such as near magnetars where no other ships can operate.

On top of the standard kinetic, chemical, and nuclear weapons, it is also equipped with powerful EMP bombs and other magnetic weaponry. It can completely disable electronic systems on even the best-shielded ships. This is particularly useful for boarding missions, and capturing enemy ships without major structural or cargo damage.

Small, scrappy, and filled with the hopes of it's crew to sail it's course straight and true.

There would be no air on the inside to make for less of a chance for airborne infections. I also think its cool.

I remember that cartoon, it was pretty damn creative. I still use a couple of elements I saw there in my games, actually.

So that's what it was called, scrach one off the list of cartoons I liked as a kind but cannot remember their name

Aye

It's mostly a highly automated flying factory. Most weapon ports on the stock chassis have been adapted to launch defensive combat drones that the ship can fabricate itself.

They're basically what're now termed YA reading (ie. teens) so the romance and emphasis on female heroines reflects the teenage girls that she was primarily targeting as her audience.
It's noticable that more adult themes only creep into her collaborations with other established authors, and even then it's done as "fade to black/minimal gore".

it would be more like a satilite, sitting around a host star until trouble turns up, then shooting off to find somewhere else quiet, probs another star

In my current campaign(I’m the QM), it would be the Gravity Chamber that goes from zero g to 1000x Earth’s gravity. Also one of the greatest ship’s cooks in the known universe, your emperor’s personal gift to you.

It uses a psychic as its FTL drive.

It still holds up pretty well, surprisingly.

Not a masterpiece but I still got hype at the races and enjoyed the character and racer designs. It could've been something really special if they'd had a bit more time to flesh things out.

Actually, this isn't totally wrong. In Dark Heresy I had a seriously ancient ship that actually took a princeps like a titan would.

Pretty wallpaper and exceptionally comfortable furniture.

Are you guys Super Sayians?

Combat Team!

>always in a state of dimensional flux, which functions as its primary defense and stealth mechanic
>extremely large array of sensory equipment
>travels by mode of dimensional shifts instead of thrust or warp, imprecise but instantaneous (shifting from point A in dimension 1 up to point B in dimension 2, then back to point C in dimension 1 due to granular differences in each dimension)
>comfy af interior because it is meant to be an entirely self-sufficient observational vessel
>exterior is a chaotic mess of weird devices

What happens when you accidentally warp into a piece of space debris?