/awg/ Alternative Wargames General

Heroes in a half shell ediiton

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks, or people's homebrew wargames. /hwg/ doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games, so this thread isn't tied to a game, or a genre, lets talk about fun wargames.

Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
Grimdark Future, Age of Fantasy, Mighty Armies, Dragon Rampant, Of Gods and Mortals, Frostgrave, Ghost Archipelago, Hordes of the Things, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Freebooter's Fate, Dark Age, Beyond the Gates of Antares, LotR and anything that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread (gorkamundheim).

>Places to get minis
docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit?usp=sharing

>The Novice Trove
pastebin.com/viWJ1Yvk

Last Thread

What would you lads recommend for playing platoon+ 40k

Tomorrow's War didn't really grab me. I have a real dislike for incoherent formatting.

Probably Warpath/Firefight these days.

Fast and Dirty

Stargrunt 2

Saw these on Facebook today. Test runs of the Ogres in full armor for KoW Vangaurd.

They look pretty sharp to me.

Holy fuck, they actually meat on their thighs. I am glad to see that there are options as well, so running more than one will look good.

Whoa, those are beefy boys. Would also make pretty good SF ceremonial guard types, too.

Trying to find sumerian style dwarves tgat either aren't chaos or don't have horns and tusks. Does anyone know if this is already being done or if any custom model maker can do it for a reasonable price. Not looking for an army sized amount of models, just enough for a blood bowl or mordheim sized team

Those are pretty slick.

What stores from ali express you guys recomend for getting terrain (fantasy and sci-fi)?

Bonus points if it sells generic tabletop rpg characters.

>That moment when the guy that did TnT is doing a cyberpunk game along the same vein

YES!

Announced where?

Joseph McGuire the man that made TnT announced a ruleset called "realities edge"
That he making in concert with osprey games. He announced it in his new cyberpunk miniature games group on facebook.

With Osprey? TnT is a 172 pg pdf. How's he going to cram it all down to 68pg, I wonder.

Will it be an expansion that requires TnT? Then he can just write new warbands and gear, I guess.

Can I get an actual link to this page, please? I'm having trouble finding it

>KoW
Kings of War? Thats 15mm scale, right?

No, 25mm.

None of those are "scales", and Kings of War's main size is 28mm, although nothing stop you from playing it in even 6mm if desired.

Osprey do do bigger games as well.

Sorry.

It's okay I still love you

Where do you guys get props to use as scenario?

That person last thread who recommended pig iron productions heads, thanks! They colony feral ones are pretty much exactly what I need.

Go there.

(https:)//www.facebook(com)/groups/1362633853826704/

It's down the page just a bit.

Honest to god though I am fucking glad I am going to have a mini agnostic cyber punk game. I'm so playing corporate enforcers.

Thanks.

Yeah, looking forward to seeing it. Corp Enforcers are good stuff.
Wondering if he'll change the core system much, or just stick to d10+MOD for most everything, with the same turn structure.

Well he stated that it'll use TnT under the hood but I'm saddened that the book will only contain some 40k words.

What's TnT clock in at? Any idea? I've no idea how to visualize 40k words.

Intriguing

>None of those are "scales"

>I'm saddened that the book will only contain some 40k words.
What does that mean?

Presumably a ~40,000 word-count.

Not a reference to WH40k.

Ah, that makes far more sense!

I was thinking he was sad it wouldn't have a bunch of pseudo-Latin bullshit crammed in.

So what do you folks look for in a campaign system? Specifically with skirmish games?

For me it's a solid progression system, along with a good risk/reward balance where my guys can get better OR worse depending on how I play. I also like to see options for post game interaction between players (like ransoming back captured models or something).

I want to be able to tell a good story and see my Warband/team/whatever grow (or die) in a narrative way.

>Not wanting pseudo Latin crammed into your cyber punk game

Ya ok that actually sounds shitty.

meta-streumonic forces and brouzouf are not latin though so that's ok, much like my legs

Im a virgin and will likely die one, so recommend me an alternative game which has good high quality female models to paint

just browse bad squiddo games' store and play the game of your choice with the figures, miniatures don't have to be tied to a game and vice versa.

Play a mini agnostic game and just buy a bunch of female models that fit the theme?

Counterblast offers some nice female models, grab a bunch and make a Lancers crew.