Veeky Forums sports

What sports do you put into your games, Veeky Forums?

I always try to work in football (soccer) after reading how back in the Middle Ages, the citizens of Pamplona would use and inflated pig's bladder and kick it around the city.

Also, stealth thread for 2018 Winter Elite Cup.

We're playing /k/ at 1900 UTC (2 pm EST).

Good luck boys

Rolled 3 (1d6)

way to go

Best of luck to you lads. Hopefully we can get some Veeky Forums lads to cheer for us as well.

Yeah, very old game - much less in the way of rules and things, but still.
Was one of the things I liked about Unseen Academicals, you could sort of see how Terry wanted to show a transition.

Sports tend to be good for having impressive stadia, so if I need to say "this is a big, rich place", along with temples and palaces I'll often include amphitheatres and race tracks to show a city's wealth - if nothing else, people have leisure time, and it can also be good for Le Evil Empire's Blood Games/bread-and-circuses.
Though I've not gone down the route of having sports meet politics yet, which was totally a thing in Rome and Constantinople, and in other places if you include organised crime.

Also, go Veeky Forums! though we're generally friends with /k/ so it's not like there's rivalry - war makes for great games, after all

We're up. GET HYPE!

/mlp/ here I'm rooting for you. Get hyp

Marquod should fuck off and die.

where's the stream?

The usual place.

I always include some sort of Murderball type game in my SciFi settings, but only as a random thing to put on screens in bars and as conversation topic for random NPCs.

AKUR AKIR AKAM, BRETHEREN!

I like both teams, but do your best.

rolling

Go Veeky Forums!

Emprah is really fucking shiny

Looks like an uphill battle

mork>gork

Gork>Mork

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT

Not over yet

FUCK YEAH! Bring out the coke!

Give that man his cocaine, now we've got a match!

What the FUCK was that

Get him off the team

Right dere with you borther

I fucked up. I'm sorry, Veeky Forums. There was an issue with the export that caused us to start on our day 1 set up with fake tactics. I then couldn't change them until either 20 minutes had passed or we conceded a goal and I don't need to tell you what happened first. That's my fault. My sincerest apologies.
With that said, the match went a lot better than expected. To be completely honest, I thought /k/ were going to run away with it. They've been an absolute nightmare to test against but, as time went on, we found ourselves level. Unfortunately we couldn't close out the game like that. /k/ were definitely the better team and they deserved that win.
We're not dead yet, though! Should /k/ beat or draw with /tv/ on Sunday and we beat /wg/ then we're into the knockouts and competing for the title, same chance as everyone else.

Keep the faith, Veeky Forums. Cadia stands.

>Keep the faith, Veeky Forums. Cadia stands.
You are not inspiring confidence.

The comeback was great, as short as it lasted. Let's at least get a win against /wg/.

AKUR AKIR AKAM