Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

The premise is everyone’s evil edition

>Eisenhorn, for sale at GW this weekend only (and from China forever)
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/inquisitor-eisenhorn-tabletop/

>Name the Warhammer Cafe
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/name-warhammer-cafe/

>tip of the day, how to paint Duncan’s grave
youtube.com/watch?v=82T3XQNWWV0

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
!

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math for the math god:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/fenrys-hjolda-new-forge-world-space-wolves/
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/coming-march-blood-snakes-battlesuitsgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=e_ObkGlfAuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Third for there will never be plastic sisters and fetishists will be btfo eternally.

Fight me

Nth for Tau in march

Seems like a good general to me, good job

Forgot to link, but when I said I liked OS necrons I meant when they were soulless automatons

There it will sit for hours, a constant reminder that you failed to capitalize on a first post

Xth for Necrons Pre-order on 24th of March

POST THE LORE OF YOUR DUDES. I WANT TO READ IT.

Advice from the Ash Wastes: shoot the big ones first

Who /trueguardsman/ here?

Do your duty to keep the soy guzzlers out!

This devilfish theme is sheer quantum sex.

Would probably look a bit dull on the infantry though, has anyone gone with vastly different colour schemes for the vehicles vs. the rest of the army?

The more I read 2nd edition, the more I wonder what 40k would be like if it stayed like 2nd but toned down the number of random charts. Because otherwise, the edition is pretty cool.

>primarch dead af
>dudes mad as fuck
>want to spill blood and drink it
>eventually go crazy
>chapter master is too old for this shit and wants to die in battle
>rowboat gave him a promotion and now he has to keep working in his new managerial role

So for real though, they aren't showing the bolter hands in their promotional photos and I'm thinking they're intentionally concealing their failure to model the terminators actually holding their combi bolters

warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/fenrys-hjolda-new-forge-world-space-wolves/

I swear I'm gonna order these just so I can assemble and paint them, then post them along with *blocks your path* text everytime I see the IG-nazi poster.

That’s pretty metal, dig it. Chapter name?

>Last thread was about nazis, not plastic men

Anyone have any reason why I should not field pyrovores against first strike melee armies?

*blocks your path*

>Responding to the resident autists in anyway
That's you get them to stay, you fool.

Lets be real here, there's no way you just "fuck up" making an existing mould and put the front sight on backwards. It requires intentional modeling. They obviously did it on purpose to look like an angled foregrip or handstop, but reused their 3D assets to save time.

Blood Angels m8

This is the idea my next army once I get these tau done:

Dreadnaught wakes up alone in ruined cathedral. Has no idea what happened. Mourns for centuries before deciding: He will not let the chapter die like this. But has no idea how to actually make more Space Marines. After roaming their feral world he ends up with a small army of Conan-esque cave-men barbarians in scout armour following him around, unable to read, write or even speak Gothic. They just shoot at what he shoots at while repeating what he says over and over. Hitches a ride on the first passing crusade with the intent of eventually getting to Terra and requesting more geneseed etc. Meanwhile cave-scouts, thinking he's their demigod, keep decorating him in bones and feathers while he sleeps.

haha yeah that sure would be sweet if you did that for real haha

Nah not the grey hunter upside down bolters. I mean the terminators with floating combi bolters because their fists are empty and the weapon has no handle

That's still pretty lazy.

Because fighting melee armies is fun and there's no reason to punish that.

Lord adorable.

Yeah, it's not exactly a difficult shape to model.

You agree to a 2000 pt match and your opponent put down an army of these. What do?

Nightlords should really have the alpha legion strategem.

>tau codex announced officially for March a whole 30 minutes ago
>nobody talking about it
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/coming-march-blood-snakes-battlesuitsgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/

*blocks your overwatch*

NEXT SUMMER:
In the deep dark future of the 41st millennium, there is only a giant space marauder invasion

Oh, duh. I thought you were doing a BA successor or something. What’d Robby do to Dante?

fug forgot image... I SAID

*blocks your overwatch*

Primaris force sent to reinforce or rescue whatever remains of Castellan Draco's punishment crusade in the Tau Empire.

That actually sounds really fun, how would you represent it?

Only if they paint them like SuperHot

Still kills 4,5 of them just by dying.

>pic related

Promoted him to Lord Regent of Imperium Nihilus

Days ex machina left 85% of chapter dreads. Warp storms shut down their ships leaving them stranded in space. While they slept 8000 years passed, and now they have woken up with no memory of what happened and who tgey were outside of serving the emperor. They refuse to recruit in any more marines until they remember the original chapter but most of them are senile and lack of recruitment means they will most likely die out before then.

tell him to buy a better graphic card.

>implying they're not paying homage to 2e

Khorne Berserkers: Too crazy to remember which end of the gun to point at other people without help.

I put some really low-quality techno in the background and start playing.

But user, that hand is modeled holding a gun.

Nice Snipers

I would absolutely play against him. The time and effort spent creating it exceeds the actual cost of buying models.

Silly user, Khorne Berserkers don't point guns, they hit people with them!

You often hold your gun in a hammer grip?

What exactly interests you?

The Stern Judges are a suicidal Chapter in midnight blue armour with red hands that favour overwhelming force and tend to judge the populations of world they aid, root out heretics etc. They """don't know who their primarch is""".

The Red Swords are BA successors with a high degree of turnover to the Death Company, looks like BA with some more black and a bit less gold. DC and SG don't get fancy paint jobs.

I have a decimated battlegroup stranded in Imperium Nihilus consisting of Vostroyan, Cadian, Armageddon, Mordian and DCoK regiments (minatures).

And a bunch of minor stuff for a WB warband, IW great company ripping off the 30K meme about independent forge worlds, a small cell of Alpha Legion operatives, Custodes that aren't OP but don't cross over into the hideous alternative paint jobs/the absurd losses they take in newer lore...

Take your pick user. I have more.

I'm just spitballing an idea but
Get a spray can of red and purple
Spray purple undernreath and red over top. Might look cool.

Also I don't really care, this is better than proxying random stuff.

Because all they said was “Tau in March”. The only actual news is that Farsight is confirmed as a sept choice.
Anyone who doubted Haechi’s order of releases must be feeling dumb right now.

They'd probably have to be a a part of some soup army with plenty of green stuff animal-skins, bones, skulls etc. But even when 'please stop putting this shit on me' caveDread (who has to dress them in their armour) does get the chapter started up again, their anti-codex tradition is to field masses of adult muscular barbarians as 'scouts' while picking the strongest offspring to become actual marines.

Need a competitive list or competitive tips for Space Marines.

Open to add SoB or Imperial Guard to the mix

Dont take girlyman.

What chapter? Regardless some tips are the same.

>razorbacks are good
>celestine is undercosted
>tac squads suck

Sounds rad!

Never played before, I have vanilla marines that I can proxy as any chapter for play. So far I like Blood Angels gameplay.

My own, most likely Blood Angels, or I can proxy as any other one in the vanilla codex. Im just clueless as to what is good in this edition.

Do my Custodes look like villains?

I worry black, gold, and green is very evil-henchmen.

The only army that's rightfully allowed to play unpainted

youtube.com/watch?v=e_ObkGlfAuM

What rules do you play the judges with?

Paint some gems red, some blue, some white, some purple. Makes it more realistic

>That moment when GW is literally letting money slip through their fingers
Wargame Exclusive got tired of waiting and is going to tap into the wallets who want new sisters models. They also teased their basic sister troop squad.

>Not allowed at GW endorsed/ITC tournaments
>Will be shut down by GW legal team asap

sure

Long as they don't make them fapbait and keep them faithful to the originals like Grishnak I'd probably buy some.

I’m usually the very last person to complain about a model being over-designed, but holy fuck. That is way too much

re-asking cause new thread.

Orks or Tau?

>Tourneyfags
Sisters aren't meta anyways, so who cares since no one will field them.

Maybe... maybe he's just letting rip some dakka?

My point is that the hand's a bit retarded but at least the gun isnt floating

As long as it is distinct enough from official art it is legal.

>WE models that arent fapbait
tell me it aint so

For what?

stormcast

I honestly don't care, I'll buy it if they're reasonably priced and look good painted. Not a fan of the style and details, they look off from gw. But I really wouldn't mind playing sisters if this is what I have to put up with.

Sisters are a consistent decent-to-strong codex though

Wait until the codex comes out for both armies, as both suffer from a lack of power.

I think it might look a lot better with a good paintjob. Sisters color scheme would look good with this.

thanks, user. I wish they were a bit better but they are still my favorite

They have a really fucking cool(in my opinion) model for a Chaplain. And their Darkstrider, theirs is leaping over a rock, is actually really nice and I’m thinking of getting it with the T’au codex.

Jokes aside, take T'au. They ill first have a codex sooner

Vostroyan HWs outrange the other IG ones and make the short-ranged LRs and artillery pieces worth fielding.

They look great, more grim than regal. I like it, hwta is their fluff?

Not sure about the axes, I prefer to go all spears myself.

If you like kit bashing and Mad Max, orks

Why are there no imperial plasma sniper rifles?

Wouldn´t it be more effective than "normal" rounds or even bolter rounds?

The Dragon Knights are a chapter of knight larpers that own a feudal world. It has many kingdoms that *for some reason* almost always have reasons to fight one another, savage orks & forest dwelling genestealer cults. They take the most promising of squires and make them into marines.
Knight houses gain prestige whenever their born become marines.
The descend from White Scars. I wanted to do knights as they mostly fought in real life. You know, heavy cavalry?

And here’s the Battle sister squad teaser.

All the shitters on here rant on about how meta they are and how everyone on here plays them because one dude used it at the GT Heat 1

It's identical

Do you like the look of orks and the idea of sheet metal and ducktape holding a tank together? In an incredibly aggressive and fun to play army?

Or do you want sleek aesthetic design style, with robots and cool looking alien suppliments. Paired with a fighting style that consists of "How big can we make this railgun?"

Imperial plasma is a slow moving projectile. Its better suited for assault and area denial purposes.

don't know if I like that halo.

fun

Torques/Torkz: Orkz w/ Tau weapons/gear

It could probably be nicked off with a knife really easily.

It looks easy enough to remove

Personally I kinda like it and thinks it could look great if decently painted

Admech dudes whose Forgeworld was going to fuck. Its Fabricator General wanted to try and solve the problem. The Fabricator Locum wanted to cut losses. a civil war ensues. By the end most of what wasn't nailed down or lost in the fighting was loaded onto every ship the victors had been able to get their hands on and the fleet virus and firebombed the planet as daemons were beginning to seep through into reality uncontrolled on the world's surface.

The evacuating fleet go out in search of a new planet to claim, but somewhere along the line the Fabricator Locum decides he quite likes the void-faring lifestyle, and the freedom from Imperial oversight and production quota's it provides. The leading Magi who didn't concur with this line of thought were quietly disposed of and replaced with more agreeable adepts, whose loyalty was strengthened by giving them captaincy of key ships in the fleet. The Fabricator Locum declares himself 'Lord Archmagos Intendant', dubs the assembly the 'Nomad Armada' and they become a massively over-sized explorator fleet that slowly trawls through the galaxy.

Almost 4 millennia later, the fleet has grown massively, having subsumed any body willing to join, the most notable acquisition being the broken remnants of a space marine chapter that swore servitude in return for a chance at rebuilding. The old former Locum still lives, but hasn't been seen for centuries and acts through proxies, while the command of the fleet has fallen to the masters of military and faith, as appointed before the ancient turncoat stowed whatever wretched remains are left of himself away. The two leaders hate each other, the Intendant's messages grow ever less frequent and as rivalries threaten to boil into open conflict, the fleet is scattered by the opening of the cicatrix maledictum. Thus an ancient contingency is begun by all loyal surviving ships. Should the Armada ever lose coherency to such a total extent, they must go to a rendezvous point. Mars.

Plasma isnt really the most accurate weapon and it definitely doesn't allow for repeated firing from a concealed position.

Las weaponry would be a much better choice for an energy weapon sniper.

>T’au empire creates a 10 mile long railgun on an orbiting moon
>punches holes through planet cores in different star systems

This.
These are still a bit too busy.