EDH / Commander General

Previously:>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Unofficial and new, but has GOAT search interface and updates on time.
scryfall.com

>Thread Question
How many cards have you intentionally damaged?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selesnya-lifegain-is-qt-3c/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Thread question
None, because I'm not an idiot.

>How many cards have you intentionally damaged?
What?

Interested if anyone else shares baby man's lack of impulse control

Does Maelstrom Wanderer even pull you toward a particular strategy other than "ramp a lot?" What are you trying to build?

I put a Hot Soup into my hot soup.

I found this in an old box of cards I had back in my high school days. Good? Bad? Somewhere in between?

I'm glad you asked! I'm normally a stax kind of guy, so I was trying to build him with mld, but I mostly run cantrips and cheap ramp to facilitate a combo after stax slows everyone down.

Maelstrom seems too... Random to consistently pull something like that off. I've decided that I just want a silky smooth curve, and to smash face for absurd amounts of damage off the cascade.

OP, are you autistic?

I ran it in a few mono-black decks I had. It basically reads "obliterate target combo player", which is pretty good.

its ok. don't think its been reprinted, but its too slow as reliable disruption for competitive
goes for around $1

Sadistic Sacrament is better i think, but if your table is infested with combo you can use both.

I wish i was filthy rich so i could play reserved list cards with no shields and flick and shuffle them aggressively on my LGS to trigger people

a better question since we all know what everyone's answers will be save for the one or two arsonists that will out themselves. It generated some good responses last thread but how would you fix tribal? how would you make it more interesting than just making it about amassing a critical mass of a certain creature. another user last thread pointed out how wizard tribal seems to be heading in an interesting direction with the tribal theme of tapping wizards to reproduce spell-like effects, and i think taking a book from thunderbreak regent and printing more tribally defensive abilites would spice things up a bit.

>guy at my LGS has been playing since the game started
>has a timetwister in one of his EDH decks
>keeps the deck in busted up penny sleeves
>almost everyone's face when they see this for the first time
It's as if a million neckbeards cried out in agony and were instantly silenced.

I aspire to be on such a level of "I don't give a fuck"

I ripped up a basic once to check for the blue core myself

Does throwing away ad cards count as damaging cards?

My group's not competitive, but I can definitely think of a few problem cards that would slow their decks down a lot if they were gone.

Why is that red?

I don't give a shit until theres some real goat support

Recommend me a Dimir Commander that doesn't involve (mostly) stealing shit or milling. Looking to make it 75%.

About a hundred or so. It was a friend's Ixalan sealed chaff and it was going into the garbage anyway; very cathartic after handling EDH decks worth hundreds of dollars

because pushing product is more important than color pie or flavor

Vela or Sygg

Sadistic sacrament and surgical extraction tier.

It's good, 7/10. You can really take advantage of this with ramp and that land that makes all lands swamps in addition to their other types for multi color

Dralnu

>thread question
I played before sleeves were a thing, so I decided to laminate some of my cards to protect them. Thankfully, my favorite cards were fucking terrible.

I'm finally taking the plunge and building my first EDH deck. While I don't know what general I'm going with, I DO know that I'll need some spicy mono G tech.
Oh also, no elves, I got bored as fuck playing them in legacy.

first strike is sometimes red.

How spicy are we talking here user?

I got a question about the stack:
>Playing Toshi
>End step, turn before mine
>cast a kill spell on something
>pop Entomb from my hand for Empty the Pits
>Stack resolves, creature dies, Toshi triggers
>Dump a ton of Mana into Empty the Pits
Can I do all this?

Mono G Selvala is pretty good, but my favorite will always be Kamahl.

>spicy tech
City of Solitude and Dosan prevent people from countering your plays.

Hall of Gemstone and Ritual of Subdual can really bone people who rely on land ramp over rocks and dorks.

Natural Affinity and Ezuri's Predation is hilarious.

You want spicy?

Them's fightin words.

Who's on your shortlist for commander, and what names have been floated or observed for your rivals?

The identity of your commander lenses a LOT of the tech we can offer. Titania is not the same deck as Kaysa or Omnath.

BEHOLD.

Other Spice: Hall of Gemstone (gives multicolor decks the finger), City of Solitude, Freyalise's Winds.

If you're in the market for commanders, may I recommend Reki?

Man, I really want wotc to go back to printing some color hate.

Iwamori Fight Club

Found a non dated foil Nezahal, Primal Tide at my last pre-release ripped in half.
Have him in a commander deck and get dirty looks from people :/

Alright boys. I'm making a Damia deck and aside from Tooth and Nail for Mike/Trike and Peregrine Drake/DEN, what else should I do? I have Psychosis Crawler and Diviner's Wand but I want to have some silliness in the deck as well.

Yes, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. A phase only ends when all players passes priority with nothing on the stack.

>thread question
Tons. Lands are great to use. Fold one in half and use it to load a bowl

I recommended most of those same cards too, but I'd never seen Freyalise's Winds before. I love it.

>Fold it in half
Never tried this. I always rip chunks for joints or use then to scrape kief.

Thoughts on these two gentlemen for group hug? I’m running kruphix but he doesn’t really do much in terms of group hug

Ice Age and Mirage are full of fucking gold for Green being a controlling bitch. Nobody expects Freyalise Stax: they look at the commander and see "Elfball" and then, a few turns in they experience with slowly dawning horror the realization that the elves aren't there to power out some obscenely large X, they're there to ensure that I'm the only player able to keep casting spells.

Giddamn you guys are the best. I've never even heard of half these Green cards!
I think I remember Ritual of Subdual from the MTG comics and that's about it.

You don't run Gay Kings for real group hug, you run them with treacherous combo bullshit behind a group hug mask and give the table AIDS.

you guys need to see the real scary shit in commander

>Slivers
>Scary

Some more in a similar vein are Dosan the Falling Leaf, Tornado, and Root Maze. You can do card selection with Abundance, Mirri's Guile, Preferred Selection, and Rowen

Something to benefit from greens ramping. I'm sort of leaning to tokens and/or fatties.

Null rod with Topor Orb, Rest in Peace, humility and solemnity.

Things like Draconic Roar are perfect for the fat creature types like dragons and sphinxes and such. It doesn't require you to have cast the fatass, and it doesn't reward you for having more than one. This way it's tribal without making you go full retard.

Similarly, something like Angelic Overseer is good because it allows some CMC and size variety and allows for things that aren't selective anthems all the time forever.

If you don't tutor Hivelord first and immediately play it, that's probably the sign to wrath. You can pull some pretty sick chains with Gemhide especially, but you need a broad base to do it.

Sygg. Also don't fall into the trap of playing Flying Men.dec, play actual good cards and the card draw will come often enough still.

Kill yourselves.

>used to use tokens for joints
>realized one day I went through like 5 new Phyrexian goblins and some hornet queen hornets
>zero fucks given, switched to saddleback legacks I had lying around

>forgetting Rule of Law and Knowledge Pool

One. This piece of shit after I pulled my eighth one back in the day.

i used to put tape on draft commons for my printer proxies because it would bother me when the card image slides around in the sleeve and gets offset

problem is that my assessment of draft chaff was less precise back then, so i ended up ruining a few playable 25 cent cards that seemed bad when i first opened them

>slivers
>a problem in boardwipe: the format

You dun fucked up. There was a short window where that thing spiked by like 20 dollars because of the new PW rule with legendary before it dropped like a stone

Dude this was back before PW were a thing. I was so pissed at pulling these guys when I wanted some actual good shit.

who's the cutie patootie

Rhonas "FITE ME IRL FAG" Commander sounds fun, if janky. Do you have a list?

what are some good high cmc cards for red? looking to put some into my goblin deck along with braid of fire

Insurrection comes to mind.

Be careful about Braid of Fire though; the mana only lasts during your upkeep!

Inferno titan

What's a good aristocrats esque commander? Or should I just partner up noBlue and run a bunch of good stuff?

If you want to play Aristocrats in EDH, it's Edgar or maybe Meren.

razaketh
i run him as aristocrats its tons o fun

It'll either be Edgar or a Mardu partner then, thanks for the input.

I'll probably use him in the main, or for a big black mana deck.

Post your favorite decks and say why theyre youre favorite! I dont have a tappedout link but Ashling,the pilgrim is mine

Xenagos. He fucks bitches up with fast fatties and it's my favorite two colors.

What should I expect if I build this fellow?

cEDH combos or JANK

Man I did this with a geodude back in the day.

Gay kings landfall big dik boys.

It's big dik I miss gayposting

Yasova. I get to claim every permanent they own from the battlefield and graveyard with the right cards.

Should I do azhorius spirits with geist of saint traft or should I do esper spirits with Oloro?

Mono G guy here again. Are Wave of Vitriol and The Great Aurora the only 2 mono G 'fuck the field' spells?

Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't bad. Bane of Progress is solid.

Hurricane and Nev's Disk usually work. Technically Polukranos is a board wipe with enough mana.

OwO what's your decklist?

It's janky fun, don't have a list, but here are some all stars
Avenger of zendikar, abundance, growing rights, some other landfall cards

treacherous terrain, rampaging baloths, rubblehulk (2 commander damage into 21 in one bloodrush is comfy) and just for fun pyxis of pandemonium

Please help me with Kresh and Gay Kings.

Building Trans-Mardu. Give me some spicy privelege checking tech (other than Master of Cruelties.)

There's always ghave.

Holy shit, you're autistic.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selesnya-lifegain-is-qt-3c/

I fell for the meme and made a selesnya deck with lifegain and big throbbing wurms.

Never forget All is Dust in mono green.

Reyhan, Last of the Abzan seems crucial in Kresh if your group plays spot removal. Death's Presence does a similar job of retaining beef. Greater Good won't save the beef but it's a good response to removal including board wipes.

I fucking always, ALWAYS, forget the fucking hand around the niglets neck. God damn. Every time I spot it I giggle.

I don't know, I always play Junk and I want a neat change of pace. Unless there's some spicy tech in there.

Nah, if you want to avoid abzan then Edgar is good for having too many 1/1s.

10000 years turns

ty, i'm bad at this

>5"4 brown but called white or brown but called Mexican burger detected

I'm from and live in Scotland, but my great-grandfather and great-grandmother were from Poland though.