Dice thread

Top vs Bottom read
or barrel you kinky fucker

Also favoured material, size and colour palette.

bottom read best

Between top and bottom I prefer top, but of the three barrel is clearly superior

Barrel is easier to read and pickup.

Truncated is my favorite, but top read is all right. I ghettoed off all my bottom read D4s into my "Second favorite" box, for all my dice I like but don't want every time. I have 3 boxes now, best, second favorite, and miscellaneous (stuff that can't be sorted easily, like my 3D printed dice, or suoer-novelties that don't roll good but look damn cool)

Top is objectively correct

Bottom read is for troglodytes
Bottom read is for the bottom class
Fuck bottom read dice

Bottom-read is a terrible use of space

Top-read is best girl and "barrel" d4 is Platonic heresy

Top read d4s are the only way to play. All else can go fuck themselves.

You especially need to be axe-murdered. Barrel d4s denigrate the entire point of the d4: to be a caltrop for real-world anti-GM guerrilla tactics.

D4s are terrible. They're only still around because they're a platonic solid, but the ubiquity of non-platonic D10's makes that distinction meaningless.

Barrel dice are reserved for exotic dice with an odd number of sides, but nothing uses D7's and people have die rolling apps for those unusual circumstances.

These D4's are the way of the future. Ignore the fact that they have stupid runes on them - look at the fucking shape. It's aesthetic as fuck and rolls better than both barrels and pyramids. These need to be apes and mass produced by everybody.

Top read and barrel are both equal: All other dice are read from the top, so why shouldn't a D4. Bottom read is for heathens.

Just use a d8 and divide by 2, rounding up.

I will see your kind eradicated, you subhuman vermin.

>All these kids liking top-read d4s
I inherited my dad's dice from the early '80s and all his d4s have the numbers on the bottom as God intended. Damn bunch of ingrates.

>a caltrop for real-world anti-GM guerrilla tactics
This user gets it

The best solution. The crystal d4s are far superior to the standard pyramids, but they're still rather sucky. They don't roll around well in the hand, and they only really turn on one axis. The twelve-sided d4s in the pic here are a much better alternative (with the possible exception of the grey ones on the left, which are too hard to read).

I've never used one of those, so I can't comment on its functionality.

I will say that the barrel d4s would work much better if they were shortened to be closer to cubes.

At first I was thinking this was going to be like Pesos, but $93 doesn't sound so bad.
Amen brother.

Dodecahedron confirmed greatest solid

It can pull off d2, d3, d4, d6 and itself since 12 is the first number to reach 6 factors.

spbp

roman numeral d12

this