Collective conscious of numerous shamans

>collective conscious of numerous shamans
>supposedly as strong as a Chaos God
>almost dies from bieng strangled from an Ork

wow nice Corpse Emporer fags

So what? Didn't you know that Gork and Mork are so fucking powerful that they could destroy the four chaos gods in the blink of a eye, but decided not to do with because they want someone to fight.

It's actualy canon that they used to bully Nurgle.

Wait realy?

>collective conscious of numerous shamans
Not necessarily true nowadays.
>supposedly as strong as a Chaos God
Neither is this, Pre-Heresy anyways. He's mortal and fallible, even as the Anathema.
>almost dies from bieng strangled from an Ork
Prime-Orks/Beasts are crazy. When Orks reach critical mass and go Krork, the galaxy gets fucked. The scary bit was that Ullanor (and later the Beast) were only part way there.

Tell me more about how scary the Orks are. I always thought the danger was they were strong, zerg like in numbers, their spores make then breed like rabbits on steroids, and they had unconscious warp powers. In short just autistic green wizards on steroids.

>The Chaos Gods were scared of this guy.
lol Chaosfags btfo, how will they ever recover?

Check out The Beast series. That will put it into perspective.

>how will they ever recover?
By crippling the Emperor, corrupting his dream, and bringing about humanity’s inevitable destruction? (the Emperor even says Chaos has already won)

By just existing and actually moving about. lol

Basically, when Orks are left unchecked and grow an "empire" they get smarter and stronger to a scary extent. Like, to the point that Nobz are the size of Primarchs or bigger, and Warbosses are building sized. And their tech starts to make the AdMech scratch their heads in confusion.

"The Wolf of Ash and Fire", reading about Ullanor, and the Beast series puts it into perspective.

The bigger a WAAAGH! gets, the bigger, stronger, and smarter the Orks get. They start getting closer to the Krork, and start becoming a super massive threat to the galaxy.

The Orks were pretty strong around the Great Crusade, but got squashed, got strong a bit after the Heresy with the War of the Beast, and then people believe they're getting strong again under Ghazghkull.

He was getting drained by being so far away from Terra while still draining the astronomican.

>wooooow, i can't even do anything
>BEEEEELCH, ooooooof
>can't block, what the fuck
>what a scrub this is a counter-pick
>wooooow

Basicly the orks grow to the point where they start sending out ambassadors/negotiators and their only message is you should just give up, you are already beaten and you won't put up a good fight.

How strong can a single ork get? Primarch level?

The beast BTFO Vulkan and made him look like a bitch, and he would likely wreck any primarch short of Daemon Prince Magnus. Krorks are mentioned to be even bigger, and iirc the one in Trazyns museum is something like 20 meters tall. The eldar said the beast was nothing compared to the Krork armies they used to deal with at the height of their power

The Emperor was outclassed by a single daemon. It's safe to say that the Chaos Gods don't fear him. They just didn't like the direction he was taking the galaxy.

Back in my day the FUCK YOU GRANDPA SPACE ELV

lol what a bitch. Is he all /hype/?

That daemon was literally his anathema though, it’s sole purpose was to kill the emperor and mankind. Any other daemon gets BTFO badly by the emperor

How good was Krork tech?

I know the old ones created the Krok but are the Krok just old ones adapted to fight? Like if they took over the whole galaxy does and got as strong and smart as possible would the Old Ones come back?

LOOK AT THIS DUDE. OH NO NO NO

Shaman origin is shit, BL's new Prometheus allusion is better.

fight me.

I get a feeling Veeky Forums says this bullshit claim deliberately

Drach'nyen is the symbolic opposite of the Empire. The Emperor represents the ultimate hope and ambition of humanity, Drach'nyen, formed from the first murder, represents the doom of man, decay of all civilizations, and humanity's self-destructive nature.

Is it just me or does the corpse have two left arms?

Maybe the separated one is upside down?

Son of a bitch, it does. Damn Adepts, leaving their spare parts next to the God Emperor

Yes. Gork and Mork are the most powerful gods.

Ridiculous. Dark Age of Technology level and more.

The Shokk Attack Gun is an example of Ork tech that no other races understand. If you look at this example alone you can begin to understand just how stupid Krork Tech could be, for this isn't even that out of place in the ork society today. Krork tech is supposed to make this look like a toy in comparison.

Stronger than Khorne on roid rage after the biggest, bloodiest battle for Terra if Chaos won, given the ideal circumstances.

It's debatable if he's mortal, depending on if he's a perpetual.

He's definitely fallible though.

source

Green iz best.

>Ork tech
Ork tech is more like a parody of fourth wall tech...

To be fair, even regular Ork tech makes the AdMech scratch their heads. But more in a "How the warp does this even work?" way.

Casual here, is there any insight as to what the Emperor actually thinks/would think of the Imperium in its present state?

IHaveNoMouthAndIMustScream.jpg

Nothing has been said, however the general consensus is that the Emperor looks at the current Imperium in despair. The Imperium right now is the antithesis of what it should be.

Roboute visited him after he awakened. He gtfo'd from Terra as quick as possible after.

He fucking hates it.

And let's not forget whose fault it was!

>Banned organised religion
>Literally humiliated one of his most loyal Primarchs and Chapters for worshipping him as a divine being and had his pride and joy project destroyed as punishment, helping to drive him to Chaos
>Is now little more than a corpse on a chair and the God-Emperor of a fanatically religious empire
Take a guess what he'd think.

Only cause he got his feelings hurt by shit his dad said which was true.

They were made in fucking tubes and half of them fucked up his imperium, how are the primarchs not flawed artifical creations?

But anyways he seems to be somewhat in control and doesnt want to get off the chair or die anytime soon, given that he can talk normally and have lots of psychic power. Also he has time to guide servants like Celestine to do errands for him and revive them in case of death.

Also, is Celestine a perpetual now? She does kind of fit the description.

Perpetuals were a mistake. Emp using warp bullshit to resurrect his most valuable servants would be enough.

God my sides

So do the Word Bearers not defect back to the Imperium out of spite or what

They believe that Chaos is the fountainhead of all religions, the Primordial Truth that all religion is based on. To survive, humanity must not shit the bed like the Eldar did, and instead accept Chaos. Why would they go back to some dessicated corpse that lied to them about religion and is leading humanity down the wrong path? They have something much better to worship now.

>Krorks are mentioned to be even bigger, and iirc the one in Trazyns museum is something like 20 meters tall
So you can hide from them in a tunnel?

Well, can't argue with that.

I mean it makes sense since there's more orkz in the Galaxy than every thing else, and orkz can also technically can keep getting stronger infinitely as long as they're not dead, or lazy

The lore for Orkz is that they are all psychic and collectively they can warp reality to bend to their collective belief. Which is why red paint makes anything go faster and why the Imperial Guard's Commissar Yarrick's power claw works when no ork tech by itself functions.
So all the orkz believe that Gork and Mork are the most biggest and strongest, and when an unlimited number of orkz believe that to be true, it is.

Was it ever said what exactly what Roboute did when he met with the Emperor?

I imagine he cried like a bitch.

Spiritual Liege > Corpse on a golden throne

It's not because the main rulebook say that the Chaos Gods are the most dangerous and powerful entities in the Warp.

Also Gork and Mork in AoS were defeated in combat by Archaon.

New to Veeky Forums related things. Why does GW give Empire players nothing to go on? Like why do Chaos players get neat, ultra-powerful gods and edgy marines, but Empire players get some (supposedly) dead guy on a chair that can’t do dick? Why pick Empire when it’s already canonically dead and rotting? Poor marketing, desu

The chaos gods are merely concepts, not real entities.

Attack Moons are pretty nutty.

>when no ork tech by itself functions
But that's wrong. Ork tech on the whole is perfectly workable it is just that it only works properly when in Ork hands. An Ork gun being fired by a human might be extremely unreliable, and liable to even explode, while in Ork hands said gun never jams and can even (according to some sources) fire without ammo.

>the Emperor even says Chaos has already won

Holy shit, is this true?

celestine is a demon prince

>Lose the emperor's arm
>Cut the arm off a random adept and put it next to him

Reminder the Emporer has not decaded at all on the golden throne. What you see is the damaged done Horus

>most dangerous and powerful entities in the warp
Gork and Mork are not hiding in the warp. They're loudly spraying piss outside of it like a couple of Chads
>AoS
Fantasy/AoS are completely different universes. The Orcs don't have the psychic powers the Orks do

I mean Fantasy/AoS and 40k are different universes

>The Orcs don't have the psychic powers the Orks do

I disagree.

They have a few magicians, no collective physic energy though. That's why they can't mimic the technology of the empire or dwarfs. That magnifying glass laser tank would be in every horde if they had the same waaagh power of the 40k orks

Wasn't she mostly unaffected by the anti-warp pylons on Cadia though?

>Autistic green wizards in steroids
I honestly tried to find a better for the orks than that but i couldn't.

Well, they were a species made by the Old Ones to fight the C'Tan afaik so pretty fucking nuts.

Yep. From "The Master of Mankind":
>The Emperor turned to him, His eyes focusing on the Custodian for the first time. ‘The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species’ last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light.’
>‘It cannot be this way.’ Diocletian stepped forwards, teeth clenched. ‘It cannot.’
>he Emperor tilted His head. ‘No? What then do you intend to do, Custodian? How will you – with your spear and your fury and your loyalty – pull fate itself from its repeating path?’
>‘We will kill Horus.’ Diocletian stared at his defeated monarch, illuminated in emberish light of the lumoglobe in his hand. ‘And after the war, we can begin anew. We can purge the webway. The Unifiers can rebuild all that was lost, even if it takes centuries. We will strike Horus down and–’
>‘I will face the Sixteenth,’ the Emperor interrupted, distracted once more by the machine graveyard. ‘But there will come another to take his place. I see that now. It is the way of things. The enemy will never abate. Another will come, one who will doubtless learn from Horus’ errors of faith and judgement.’

>‘Who, my king?’
>The Emperor shook His head. ‘There is no way to know. And for now it is meaningless. But remember it well – we are not the only ones learning from this conflict. Our enemies grow wiser, as well.’
>Diocletian refused to concede. ‘You are the Emperor of Mankind. We will conquer any who come against us. After the war, we will rebuild under your guidance.’
>The Emperor stared at him. He spoke a question that wasn’t a question, one that brooked no answer.
>‘And what if I am gone, Diocletian.’
>The Custodian had no answer. Thunder pealed above them, shaking the cavern and jarring loose a rattling hail of falling pebble-dust.
>‘My king, what now? What comes next?’
>The Emperor turned away, walking into the darkness of the cavern while the storm hammered the dead city so far above. He spoke three words that no Custodian had ever heard Him speak before.
>‘I don’t know.’

Actually, the Waaagh! effect exists in WHFB and AoS and is much more powerful. The Shamans in Aos/WHFB do not channel the Winds of Magic but draw upon the power of the Waaagh! to power their spells.

>energy was being drained
Strange, because as soon as Horus bails him out he completely obliterated the Ork across all planes of existence then still has enough energy to trap the massive plasma core of the scrap planet they were on in a warp rift. Kinda makes the whole thing look like a test on the emperors part, where he wanted to secure Horus’ loyalty by making him think he actually helped save his life

In AoS the WAAAGH is pretty much like Orc chaos corruption. Clouds become fists and faces, trees and rocks try to get up and join the waagh, beasts and monsters are drawn to it in massive numbers, thunder sounds like roars, etc. they don’t get technology but it still allows them to do things like pull down fortresses without any siege weaponry

Guilliman spoke with the Emperor when he returned. The Emperor is semi-insane and all veneer of humanity has been stripped away from 10,000 years of torment

If you can't beat em, join em and take em over.

>Krok just old ones adapted to fight
No. They were a biologically engineered warrior-race. They've degenerated into the modern Orks after 65 million years.

I don't recall it saying he was insane. Just that he was cold and detached, and wasn't able to and/or interested in pretending to act human anymore.

10,000 years of agony and misery have probably made him even less of an individual than he was before. Rather than a person, the Emperor is more like a "system" that acts with the objective of preserving humanity.

Lorgar did nothing wrong

Any chance you got edits of this with the other Primarchs?

>With words of light and fire, the Emperor had conferred with His returned primarch, the last of His finest creations.

>A creation. Not a son.

>The living Emperor had been an artful being, as skilled at hiding His thoughts as He was at reading those of others. What remained of Him was powerful beyond comprehension, but it lacked the subtlety He had had whilst He walked among men. Speaking with the Emperor had been like conversing with a star. The Emperor’s words burned him.

>What hurt most deeply was what went unsaid.

>The Emperor greeted Guilliman not as a father receives a son, but as a craftsmen who rediscovers a favourite tool that he thought lost. He behaved like a prisoner locked in an iron cage who is passed a rasp.

>Guilliman had no illusions. He was not the man who brought the rasp; he was the rasp.

>While the Emperor had walked abroad, He had cloaked His manipulations in love. He had let His primarchs call Him father; He had let them call themselves His sons. He had rarely spoken those words Himself, Guilliman now realised, and when He had He had done so without sincerity. Buffeted by the full might of the Emperor’s will unclothed in flesh, a cloak had been ripped from Guilliman’s eyes.

>The Emperor had allowed them to love Him, and to believe He loved them in return. He had not. His primarchs were weapons, that was all.

>Though His power was immense, perhaps greater than it had been before He ascended, the Emperor’s humanity was all but gone. He could no longer mask His thoughts with a human face. The Emperor’s light was blinding, all encompassing, but finally– finally– Guilliman had seen it as a whole. The being he had thought of as a father could hide nothing from him.

>The Emperor did not love His sons. They were things. Guilliman, all his brothers, were nothing but a means to an end.

It didn't, user is doing some Chinese whispers.

I thought Guillimans recalling of their interaction was interesting but somewhat odd. Guilliman seemed upset that The Emperor wasn't the charismatic being he was. You would think that a primarch might be able to put it together that a man hooked up to a machine that is preventing his death and is constantly in indescribable pain as he literally holds the fabric of reality together just so Humanity can take another ragged breath might not be in the mood for casual chit chat.

Again, not seeing the insanity.

The Emperor is just a dick is all. Can't really blame him though. Not wanting to bother pretending to be a loving figure is understandable at that point.

No.

The rest of the Chaos Marines have a really good laugh when they hear that Emps is now being called the God-Emperor though.

Rowboat was not exactly in the best mental positiom himself at thr time either, in fairness.

that's actually four words

I need a story about a smart ork

If I recall right (because I only read through it once), nooo...which is why the chaos space marines took the day, they were still space marines.

You overrate their power. Ork belief can make a gun built out of a stapler fire, but it can't make a stapler by itself fire.

What the fuck happened to them if they used to be so bad-ass?

Probably to fragmented

Yeah, old fluff before everything became CHAOS WINS EVERYTIHNG LOL there were neat stories like that. Gork and Mork used to bully Nurgle and the Laughing God used to literally pull pranks on Slaanesh.

Not that I mind the Chaos Gods being strong, and they definitely still were, but I miss the days when they weren't wanked till their dicks were raw by GW's writers.

Krork started devolving for unknown reasons, resulting in the Primitive orks we are now. The Beast and the Ullanor orks started approaching their level but still haven’t gotten close.

There’s also the theory that the orks will rise up to match whatever civilizations exist at the time. Krorks were made when the necrons and C’tan were still at their height, and then continued to exist to an extant for much of the ancient eldar empire