What's Africa like in your sci-fi setting, Veeky Forums? Is it still a illiterate shithole full of warlords and poverty...

What's Africa like in your sci-fi setting, Veeky Forums? Is it still a illiterate shithole full of warlords and poverty? Highly advanced land of technocratic kings? Obliterated nuclear wasteland? Something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ptSZnTtGCQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Experimentation dumping grounds
>refuses to join the global corp-based society
>clings steadfastly to the old ways of tribal community over complex authoritarian structures, although at this point tribal warfare is strictly engineered
>ruthlessly manipulated by the more technologically advanced sectors of the world in order to prevent them from becoming a power that is antagonistic to the global government's interests and to test social control theories, manufactured contagions, gene alterations, weaponry, and other manners of fucked up tech
>almost nobody knows this, though, and most think they're backwards primitives

Your racist if you can't make them KANGs.

I tend to keep mine a shithole for of terrible dumb people and warlords. If I plan to actually make players go there I'll make the landscape and wildlife interesting, intense, and dangerous with a since of beauty. While the people stay shitty.

East African Federation, Ghana-Nigeria, most of the south, and most of the north are Eastern Europe level. Rest is still a mess.

A quiet peaceful place filled with tall beautiful white people. The God Emperor decided blacks were literally to stupid to live, and sentenced all of them to death.

That is why there are no blacks.

>for of
>since of beauty
Get a better keyboard app.

This is retarded.

>hasnt changed in 2000+ years
it only seems logical

I think you're projecting

So... actual Africa then?

>Space League of Nations consisting of the inner planets is at war with the colonies of the Outer Planets
>Jupiter is more or less Imperial Japan in space taking over every moon and large planetoid with superior technology
>Mars is China, half taken over but still holding the line
>Jovians launch surprise attack on Earth
>Earth defense fleet barely wins
>massive debris field from Jovian and Earth fleets falls into the atmosphere
>Africa was already a shithole abandoned by the rest of the world after it's resources were drained
>now it's a shithole covered with leaking fusion reactors, nukes, and weapon caches designed to survive such crashes
>UN establishes a quarantine zone around the continent due to all the radiation and half-mad warlords with tactical nukes
>gets raided by mercs, kebabs, and UN strike teams for all that sweet military grade weaponry and surviving Jovian tech

Shadowrun seems pretty quiet about Africa. All I really know is that some sharia-law countries have an outright ban on magic (note: Magic is heretical in strict islam, but a specific category of Islamic tradition practitioners are considered miraculous rather than magical, so they get a pass).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if my GM had Wakanda nestled in the continent somewhere, considering that previous PCs of ours visited the fictional country years ago in a separate campaign (and almost got mauled by lions, but that's a different story). He's a solid GM, I bet he'd do a good job with it.

Its hard to say anything about Africa without some sick with hatred black with a chip on his or her shoulder the size of the Pangea continent going ape and screaming about stupid shit, so I would imagine that shadowrun simply evaded that all together by A, not pandering to idiots who don't even play the games, and B, just not really mentioning it except snippets here and here.

Those are some silly auto corrects. I hate how easy they sneak into my posts.

I'm a fan of the whole Future Africa thing. Took my SR players on a space-related run to Nairobi and I think they were a bit bewildered, but someday I'd like to set a full campaign there, expand on the writeup in Corporate Enclaves.

Yes, tribes in loincloths battle on those citystreats in honor of their ancestor spirits. Then they roast fallen on their spears and eat them. Noble savages, all of them.

Eventually the "whites" put in Africa would evolve black skin. They wouldn't be the same race as niggers, but they would probably have similar skin complexion. Other than that they would most likely keep all other "white" features and traits.

Don't lets forget the baby-rape that they believe cures aids and the open hatred towards everyone else because they can't get their shit together due to the simple fact that they are a failure as a species.

My setting is 60,000 AD, artificial suns, giant computers handling all reproduction, literal immortal telepaths, that sort of thing is commonplace. There haven't been any blacks anywhere in over 40,000 years.

You wot. There plenty of text about Asamondo, Lagos, Zulu elfes and shit.

>baby-rape that they believe cures aids and the open hatred towards everyone else

You in fact greatly improved my opinion on niggers.

Whats really insane is their behavior towards albinos. They believe albinos are demons who have to be tortured killed and dismembered.

A proper way to remove freaks and mutants from genefond indeed. Based niggers.

Culture isn't tied to location as much due to globalisation so it's not that different from anywhere else.

When you're the one getting tortured and killed it isn't based.

And it isn't a place I'm willing to visit or contribute one penny to.

But then again since you can't even master the simple art of posting a sentence correctly, I'm going to go out "on a limb" and say you're a black power idiot who probably thinks nonblacks are mutants who need to be killed.

Nice. Where can I find it? I bet my GM would love to see that.

So a bunch of cucks who fear guns and get gunned down on the daily with any gays or LGTB being thrown off buildings/burned alive due to the Muslim run Sharia law?

(Not that user)
You ok? Your post was unnecessarily emotional.

No, I'm not okay. I've seen things. Blood curdling things. I, by a miracle, escaped south Africa early in life, so I have seen what happens when blacks get so empowered and boosted up that they believe they can do anything, to anyone.

Ever had to pull a scorched to death 5 year old's body out of a bonfire and then tell someone "Yes that's (person's name)?" She had been raped so intensely by the animals her pelvis was broken in 5 places.

There plenty of books. War with spirits over Kilimanjaro Mass Driver is one of major themes, for example.

Which Africans are these? You're talking as if all African countries are populated entirely by baby-raping albino-eating gorillas.

In my experience they are. Sorry not sorry.

You could at least attempt to convince other people that you have any knowledge or interest in people of Africa other than justifying your frothing hatred of them.

My racist what?

Boo-hoo, we cant protect our country from our niggers so we fled like rats from sinking ship.

Nah that stuff got ground out eventually.

You put a monkey in a suit, it's still a monkey. What is it become when you put it in a city? Spoiler alert: it's still a fucking monkey.

Have you ever had to be the 'next of kin' to identify half your family after they get slaughtered and literally torn apart like wild animals did it? After children get raped until their pelvis breaks in several places each? After the house your family lived in since before apartheit even existed yet got burned down, leaving you with nothing, at all? Had to look upon the gruesome mutilations that were done to people who were already definitely dead at that time? Had to spend a long hard difficult journey wondering 'am I going to die today' every minute of the day?

My hatred of them is not frothing. My hatred of them is so intense and so hot that physicists at cern cannot explain how it exists because it is so intense and so energy-heavy that it shouldn't be physically capable of existing, yet due to quantum theory it somehow does exist.

You know that other part of Veeky Forums, /pol/?

The hatred for blacks that I feel dwarfs /pols/'s hatred of them by a factor of billions.

If my hatred for them was a physical object it would be an exploding supernova.

Its monkey in urban jungle, not regular one. This is major difference in theme.

good thread guys

I play shadowrun, which is only near-future. So it's not like they've had a lot of time to change things.

But yeah:

>illiterate shithole full of warlords and poverty

That one. The usual clusterfuck that serves as a lesson that technological advancement might change their lives a little, but it doesn't magically fix everything.

You fool, niggers were just a tool. It was jews who forced to end the apartheit.

You can't red pill me, son. I was red pilled before you were even born yet.

Since Earth has been invaded by all the aliens (yes, all of them), Africa is an unlivable shithole like the rest of the world. The Laser Wars didn't do it any favors, but all the competing xenoforming projects pretty much killed any chance of surviving aboveground if you're not wearing a tier-VII pressure suit. On the plus side, Ebola has been effectively eradicated. So has everything else.

So when can we get to the sci-fi part? All these /pol/-tier shitflinging are all modern-day shit. Gimme future shit to fling about, instead of clinging on to the useless hatred of the present. What would a better future Africa be like? What would a worse future Africa be like? Think more with your creativity, not your hateboner.

So.. present day africa then?

Nice pasta

The clusterfuck that followed colonialism was a mess. Almost all revolutions are. But giving power to a bunch of uneducated fucks being fed a plate of communism? double-clusterfuck.

But how do you feel about the.... educated and cultured ones? Those raised in the west AND apart from that bullshit ghetto-culture.

In short, how do you feel about black people who aren't niggers?

In the future Africa doesn't exist, it was intentionally sunk into the sea with a well planned set of sub-ground nuclear detonations inside fault valleys, so you have the best possible future; no Africa and no blacks.

Every black person in the entire world is a kaffir.

You burn in hellfire now.

Insert corporate arcologies and resorce extractors run by AI. Nignongs who used to live there chased away by laser drones.

If anything, it's an improvement. At the very least, all the current problems have been eliminated to be replaced by new and alien ones.

Africa in our games setting is exactly like it is in the modern world, except for a hyperfuturistic city being built in the middle of no mans land desert because the only other unclaimed land was on the north pole.

I would totally be into Shadowrun or some other cyberpunk RPG set in an African city instead of one of the usual stock ones.

Lagos, Nigeria is the sixth largest city on the planet and is growing fast.
There's also Casablanca, Kinshara, Dar es Salaam... all with greater populations than New York or London.

But seriously, why have they never done something with Cairo/Giza? A massive metropolitan city a stone's throw from the Great Pyramids, ripe for both Ancient Egyptian and Islamic mythology? It's literally perfect for Shadowrun.

Unfortunately it's hard to even bring up Africa without fragile autists offended by the existence of brown people freaking the fuck out at being reminded that they're a thing- not to mention Muslims. So it's a hard subject to cover.

You'd probably do better without the vernacular of a 13 year old.

Go live in the black as hell ghetto for a while. You won't want to be around them afterward.

IIRC there are supplemental books on Egypt for SR. I know at the very least the Caliphate rules Egypt in SR and maintains strict control of religion and magic there.

Expect that Africa in fact covered as much as everybody else outside of Seattle and North America.

>kaffir
. . . They're limes?

ok... now how about the people descended from black people that have simply.... spread it thin enough that they look pretty damn white.
12% African heritage doesn't look like much.

>The territory of the Egypt includes parts of the former nation of Sudan and former Libya.
>Egypt is a moderate Islamic Nation but has problems with the tribal politics of the Bedouins. The nation is a merc market for participants in the Desert Wars. Egypt has a growing technomancer population since the patriarch of the Coptics welcomed the technomancers in December 2070.
>Egypt is a major touristic hotspot, but has actual problems because of the New Islamic Jihad.

>Libya was once a country in northern Africa, located on the Mediterranean coast between Algeria and Tunisia in the West and Egypt in the East. The country ceased to exist in 2014.

>In 2004 Libya had launched a chemical weapons attack on Israel leading to nuclear retaliation by the Israelis. A large part of the Libyan population was killed in this 10 Minute War. UN forces occupied the country and started to evacuate the surviving Libyans to other countries, scattering them over Africa and the Middle East.

>In 2014 the UN forces left Libya. The territory was then annexed by Egypt. Today the former Libya is the battleground of the Desert Wars.

>12% African heritage doesn't look like much

La creatura

>Desert Wars is the largest sport in the world. The most popular of them takes place in the Sahara Desert and in the blasted out ruins of what used to be Libya a result of the 10 Minute War. It is essentially televised skirmishes between corporate security forces and can also host Mercenary Corporations. It is said that the Championship match is lethal with live ordnance, combat magic and Killer Matrix programs in use. The matches leading up to the championship are nonlethal with a mix of dummy rounds, laser ID tagging systems with locking exoskeletons, non-lethal matrix programs and stun magic in use, although deaths can still occur from accidents. The other Desert Wars Franchises operate in the Gobi desert of the Asian Continent and the Mojave in the Southwest of the former United States. According to Shadow-comments the Gobi Desert Franchise is the second highest rated Desert Wars franchise with the Mojave in a distant third.

>The genesis for the Desert Wars is open to contention. The official history involves two Corporate Security teams coming to blows over some forgotten pre '29 Crash Lostech in the blasted ruins of Libya, the media catching wind of the ensuing violence and broadcasting it to the world for a huge ratings windfall. Shadow-commenters have contention with the official history and state that the original battle and broadcast were planned from the start.

You now know everything published about Egypt in the SR setting

>no blacks
You best believe they learn how to swim and spread all over the place. Like what will happen if /pol/ gets deleted.

But there's an idea: genetically-engineered Africans living out in a sunken Africa, all angry at Whitey for sinking their land.

It's a slang word, it doesn't mean exactly what you think. Its similar to calling someone a negro.

As for "people" who are mixed; hideous mutants, I'd rather they weren't born.

You can't win this with me, I've had to much exposure to their ape nature and their violence to be anything other than highly suspicious and hostile towards anyone who has any black ancestry.

You could just link wikipage, you know.

>. . . They're limes?

"Kaffir (alternatively kaffer; originally cafri) is an ethnic slur used to refer to a black person. In the form of cafri, it evolved during the medieval era as a non-derogatory equivalent of "negro". In Southern Africa, the term was later used as a neutral exonym for Bantu peoples. The designation came to be considered a pejorative by the 20th century."

It's basically "Nigger" but for South Africa. They even refer to it as "the K-word" now.

Really what the boers need to do is just salt their fields entirely and go home.

No one would read it, who the hell clicks links on Veeky Forums?

How about fact that dragons avoid Egypt by any means, or Apep consortium.

>home
They ARE home, you idiot
Got more right to be there than the fucking blacks

What resources do they have?

Personally, I hate the mystical fantasy crap in shadowrun, but if I were making an SR splatbook for Egypt, I'd definitely make some sort of magical leyline pharaoh come back. Like a literal re-incarnation of the big-wig of the great pyramid himself gets genesis'd in his tomb. He walks out in front of a sea of tourists and is like "sup bitch's? I'm back". And after an oh-so-minor city-devastating power struggle between him and everyone else who got a pyramid for the afterlife, they all agree who's in charge and who is exiled.

I'd probably play some angle where the old pharohs view muslims as just an offshoot of judism (which is arguably true), and treat them as expendable slaves ala aztechnology and their populace.

So yeah, necropolis ruled by powerful liches with a massively outdated sense of how a nation should be run.

If your home is so overrun that you are getting murdered wholesale while your children and women get raped and butchered daily by a government who hates you and won't lift a finger to protect you, its time to salt your fields, pull up stakes, and go home.

Let them starve to death since they don't want to coexist with the superior race.

Ultimate marketplace. Everywhere else is regulated to the point of standstill, in (sub-saharan) Africa there is enough leeway that deals can be made there.

>black people
>swim

You are stupid.

Sorry it was 14%.

youtube.com/watch?v=ptSZnTtGCQA

Does he look black?

Minerals and vespene gas.

This is the future where anyone can jack in and learn shit in a matter of hours.
Of course some of them gonna learn to swim.
You can, too.

But they have to construct additional pylons everywhere but the north part.

RAMESSES II DOES NOT SERVE, HE RULES

Fuck yes I want it. The clash between the return of the classic gods and Islam is supposed to be a big deal in Egypt too, with the Imams stamping it out wherever they can.
I did not know these things!

Say hello to corps, they will surely let him interrupt their business.

>blacks
>learn

Its been the modern era for 200 years now and they still haven't figured out it's not good to eat shit out of a cows asshole.

You are stupid.

We're talking about fiction here.

Imaginative fiction, no less.

He look like typicall amerimutt.

>It's another thinly veiled /pol/ thread.

I live in a city with a ~45% black population. I'm sleeping with a Caribbean girl. I've had my fair share of fighting games and purple drank, you can be sure.

Guess I'm just in too deep to see what you folks do.

You'd think they'd go all in with Egyptian mythology, but no.

It's not a shithole, but it's not above average. It's part of a backasswards caliphate on earth, and the most progressive and advanced society off it.

Its a mixed bag. Since the aliens uplifted humanity its been a playground for extraterrestrial corporations. Some countries have gotten rich off it and are pretty much first world (Nigeria has a seat on UN Security Council) but others are even worse shitholes than they are now. The Republic of Zaire is especially bad, with hundreds of rebel groups fighting central government, UN peacekeepers, alien corporate backed mercenaries, and each-other.

I know this was troll thread, but it got me thinking, so thanks OP.

>You'd think they'd go all in with Egyptian mythology, but no.

In fact, old Egypt paganism has widespread renaissance across the globe, but back home its supressed by regime.

>I'd probably play some angle where the old pharohs view muslims as just an offshoot of judism
I like this. Not leveraging Ancient Egypt at all is just wasted potential, but getting rid of the Muslims entirely for a society of future-Cleopatras would just be too much. Need to find a way to reconcile the two.

Win? hell man, I'm just figuring out your flavor of hate. It sounds like you've lived through that clusterfuck of Mugabe, Ida Amin, or any of those other crazy warlords. There's no words to undo that sort of scar-tissue.

So how do you feel about the "out of Africa" model where... all humanity started in Africa, and black? It's damn hard to argue we evolved anywhere else. Or that primates left Africa and then all conveniently converged on humanity.

oh yeah, ALLLL that business those major corporations have..... with Egypt.

As long as the Suez stays open, ....maybe some tourism? I guess? yeah, they don't give a fuck.

1, there are still a great deal of areas of the human evolutionary tree that are a big blank, we don't actually know for sure that we started in africa its just lying arrogant bastards like to claim that and marxist types who hate the fuck out of whitey to begin with always parrot that.

2. I've had to do things to survive that would make you cry and kill yourself.

I am so far beyond anything you can comprehend that I'm not sure how to explain it to you, if it even can be explained in human words.

Do you even shadowrun. Megas has all sorts of running business across the globe, lose billions nueyns of investments to walking telesma is not a option.

I've dealt with similar, but nothing to such extremes. I understand where your coming from and couldn't imagine how terrible it truly must have been. I can only offer pointless apologies and good wishes.

Do you have any proof you are from South Africa?

Do you?

You well know that he's just pulling shit out of his ass to justify his shitty beliefs, user.

So those gays and racist white males are all ground out and gone? It's just Muslims and their women property?

Globalism isn't healthy or good for the world unless you rewrite the entire idea of it. If you take the current push for Globalism it's of course going to be terrible.

Do you have any proof you aren't a russian bot?

Save it, I need no pity and I need no mercy. You don't understand where I'm coming from, at all. When you have seen these things, over and over, daily, in your mind for decades, when you have suffered in spiritual agony that makes you feel like you're being scalded in hellfire, when your feelings are so burned out and utterly dead that average people are scared of you because you look evil and unhappy on a daily basis, then perhaps you will understand a fraction of what it is to be me.

google "south african farm attacks'. Tell me what I'm saying is bullshit afterward I motherfucking dare you, motherfucker. How fucking dare you, get out of this thread.

monkeys in cities is the essence of cyberpunk